What or who motivates you to take care of your diabetes ????

ani's profile photo   05/11/2016 7:48 p.m.

After so many diabetic years, 1st, then I and always me !!!!, although in the beginning! S did not think like that;)

ani's profile photo
ani
05/11/2016 7:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am motivated by the fear of serious complications in the future.Also a certain sense of responsibility, because I think we are privileged having everything we have (compared to places like Africa).

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
05/11/2016 9:22 p.m.

My best gyzed have been pregnant ... as I did not imply only me ...

Then the only one who can motivate you is you !!

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
05/11/2016 9:24 p.m.

I don't need to motivate me.

If, as well and I control the sugar, I find me "well."If I do not, I automatically feel fatal.Therefore I do not see another option to do the first.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/11/2016 9:51 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

My life change will do a year and a half ago and my motivations is to fight for the illusions I have, which you already know what they are.
Cheer up!!!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/11/2016 10:46 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Myself and my children and my parents and brothers and my husband etc etc etc la life!!!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/12/2016 12:28 a.m.

I, my health, my own life, I do not need anything else, if I want to have a full life I have to carry good control and for the moment it has not hurt me :-)

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
05/12/2016 9:41 a.m.

I am very disciplined if what they tell me is based and convinces me as in this case.So I do it for myself, for survival.
Also for fear;My first educator put everything very black, black and difficult ... and fell.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/12/2016 10:59 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Who ... I and those whom I want
That ... I suppose that a mixture of everything, fear that nothing happens, you want to enjoy the moment without thinking that the day will be annoyed, desire to overcome ...

But being absolutely sincere, it is not that I think of these things when I do, it is already something that I do almost without thinking, that is, I have been taking into account everything that has diabetes, which I no longer remember when I do not do it.Without taking it to the letter, I would say that it has become my 'lifestyle'

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
05/13/2016 12:12 a.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

to all;They are all fantastic and wonderful !!!Very good resolutions in your living with responsibility our diabetes;You congratulate you inooooooooooore and a very sweet greeting and hug for all "my family" and to continue with a lot of encouragement & GT ;: d & lt;& GT;: D<& GT;: D<

ani's profile photo
ani
05/13/2016 5:52 p.m.

When you have been so many years and from a very early age I think you acquire some habits and mental strength in certain aspects of life.Although there are relaxing moments and times, diabetes demands a continuous struggle and a recycling of therapies and knowledge.Life itself !!!

DiabetesForo
05/14/2016 10:24 a.m.

Siiiii, that so much you carry !!!, my dear @Carlos71, as you can see, it is already our life like this and with all the restrictions, we are made a "everyday way of living" that (in my staff) I would no longer know or acceptlive in another way !!!It is the only way I have always known!;)

ani's profile photo
ani
05/14/2016 4:44 p.m.

Me??Honestly nobody, I take care of it because of the only reason that not doing so would lead to being a burden for others (in this case my parents) there is no one to motivate me to take care of it or for anything else, that is the raw reality ofsome.If I did not lead to being a burden for others and not taking care of it, it would be more fulminant, the same would no longer be writing.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/15/2016 1:31 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@Luvi for your words seems to be donor.
Surely you will find something or someone who motivates you, meanwhile, I will tell you to encourage you here in the forum, you are sure that you are very useful, I remember that a few months ago you hung something that personally came very well for the rations of carbohydrates views viewsin different dishes.Do you remember ???
Thank you very much for it. And much encouragement.

DiabetesForo
05/15/2016 4:49 p.m.

A concept that I value a lot is "resile."
Looking for wikipedia says:
"Resilience is the ability to dealallows a sense of control against events and greater capacity to face challenges. [2]

Resilience is the conviction that an individual or team has to overcome obstacles successfully without thinking about defeat even though the results are against, in the end an exemplary behavior arises to highlight in situations of uncertainty with highly positive results.[3]

This resistance capacity is proven in situations of strong and prolonged stress, such as due to the unexpected loss of a lovenatural catastrophes and extreme poverty. "
And later this too:
"It could be said that resilience is entering beyond resistance. It is the ability to overcome an adverse stimulus. Being resilient is not to be extraordinary: this capacity is in every person. The task is to develop this capacity with attitude and firmness.
The truth is that with diabetes this capacity is developed.Although some have more capacity than others.

DiabetesForo
05/15/2016 6:39 p.m.

What a good explanation !!!And what just !!Because, it is true that in the long -term ductics, one acquires that "resilience", which, as of today, I will try to remember the word !!!And, making "memory", in my case, I find a capacity sometimes very firm in my decisions with myself, that I did not have it at the beginning of my life L-) Graci

ani's profile photo
ani
05/15/2016 7:55 p.m.

Thanks my dear @Carlos71 for your comment ......... .;)

ani's profile photo
ani
05/15/2016 7:57 p.m.

luvi said:
to me?Honestly nobody, I take care of it because of the only reason that not doing so would lead to being a burden for others (in this case my parents) there is no one to motivate me to take care of it or for anything else, that is the raw reality ofsome.If I did not lead to being a burden for others and not taking care of it, it would be more fulminant, the same would no longer be writing.

ani's profile photo
ani
05/15/2016 8 p.m.

@Uvi, what reason are you !!And is that "who motivates you to take care of your dbtes"?YOURSELF !!!We must not leave abandonment because the DBTES is very treacherous and takes advantage, at every moment of our living, an oversight to make their "disasters" in us;And then our conscience; why?And now I am a burden for others !!!Knowing, "how difficult it is to balance and stay like this" !!!!!!!!!!A sweet hug for you>: D <

ani's profile photo
ani
05/15/2016 8:11 p.m.

How I would like to know my daughter's answer !!!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
05/16/2016 11:24 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.