{'en': 'Insulin change, from Lantus to Tresiba.', 'es': 'Cambio de insulina, de Lantus a Tresiba.'} Image

Insulin change, from Lantus to Tresiba.

Remegc's profile photo   05/20/2016 7:37 p.m.

Hi, I've been with Humalog and Lantus for 10 years, now they have changed to Novorapid and Tresiba.

I have been with Novorapid all day and it seems that it makes me less effect than the Humalog.

Tonight I start with Tresiba.Has anyone tried it?

Thank you!

Remegc's profile photo
Remegc
05/20/2016 7:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I tried it by changing it for a levem and did not give me a good result and I had to let him again, but each one responds differently.
Luck

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/20/2016 8:47 p.m.

The Humalog and Novorapid are equivalent, but if you like humalog, you can continue using it, while adjusting the threeiba.
It may be more complicated to change two insulins at the same time.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/20/2016 11:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It seems to me a mockery that both change you at the same time.Already only when changing to Tresiba, you also have to make adjustments in the fast.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/21/2016 8:44 a.m.

It seems that the novorapid does not take effect, today I have risen with 374 and I corrected with Humalog, we will see how I spend the day, I suppose it will be a question of getting used to

Remegc's profile photo
Remegc
05/21/2016 12:46 p.m.

How are you going,@remegc?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/22/2016 12:37 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

There we are going, yesterday I went to the educator and told me that the Tresiba takes at least a week to take effect, I no longer get up so high, the novorapid has already taken the trick @regina

Remegc's profile photo
Remegc
05/25/2016 10:45 a.m.

Good morning reme ... I leave you a counseling for threeiba ... at the beginning of its use you will see how you will ask you to go up basal because you will go missing ... Once those 2 or 3 weeks of adaptation will pass you will have toI go down because you will notice that the effect is considerably enhanced ... It also seems to me that they have made a lot of blow change .... greetings.

ranty's profile photo
ranty
05/25/2016 11:07 a.m.

@ranty thank you very much.Yes, I have read that although the experience is the best.I'm already noticing that I have to get less quickly

Remegc's profile photo
Remegc
05/25/2016 12:33 p.m.

Hi Remegc.And I have been using three more than a month, and I tell you that I have improved a lot with respect to the Lantus, which I used before.I have used freestyle during this time and profiles are quite flat, surprisingly flat.I have achieved a very important thing: remove the hypoglycemia of the night.Since I am with Tresiba I have not had any.

I use Apidra as fast + threeiba.From the latter I had to reduce the dose in a couple of units with respect to the Lantus.

It's my experience, I hope I can help you.
Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
06/13/2016 12:18 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

I have been about 2 weeks and worse than with NPH, I guess I will have to make my body to it.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/13/2016 2:08 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I had been with Lantus and Humalog for a tropocation, a few months ago they changed myself to novorapid (and perfect) but 4 days ago I started with threeiba and it takes me very muskent, because for months I was not at 300 and I don't know if it doesn't workOr it takes longer to take effect.But come on, I give myself a couple of weeks and if I don't return to Lantus

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
12/20/2016 9:30 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Link

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/21/2016 9:13 a.m.

Well, after a week, it seems that the bears are returning to their channel and I still feel weird to click only once the slow, since, with Lantus, I had to click on a good morning and at night.

macarron_con_diabetes
12/23/2016 8:50 p.m.

remin said:

I changed from Lantus to Tresiba and I was emested to appear candidiasis infections that I had never had now I

Tomy's profile photo
Tomy
08/13/2018 12:45 a.m.

I changed from Lantus to Tresiba and I was emested to appear candidiasis infections that I had never had now I am to return to Lantus urgently because this is complicating this Link

Tomy's profile photo
Tomy
08/13/2018 12:45 a.m.

That can be because you are having the highest glucose with insulin change.How are your controls?Fungal infections feed on glucose, if you are tall you are feeding the fungus and it is more difficult to eliminate it.If you normalize the glucose and with the treatment that the doctor puts you for fungi it will be easier for them to disappear.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/13/2018 11:50 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Hello, I have been with Lantus since 2015 and adjusting the time has been very good, with HBA1C from 5 to 7 depending on personal circumstances.
My endocrine proposed to me seven months ago to threeiba because it was flatter and at that time I was in 7
In principle it went well, the good levels and good control, until I realized that I was getting fat, I have always been thin, and then I looked on the Internet and found this forum and I saw the relationship that Tresiba fattened, that took meTo return to Lantus, but the surprise has been that leaving threeiba has made the energy, I did not realize that I was sleepy and hungry all the time, all that has disappeared.
I'm glad to return to Lantus.

RuthChari's profile photo
RuthChari
07/09/2019 2:48 p.m.

Desde 1979 diabetes tipo 1
Novorapid 2 - 3 - 2 y lantus 8

ruthchari said:
hello, I have been with Lantus since 2015 and adjusting the time has come very well, with HBA1C from 5 to 7 depending on personal circumstances.
My endocrine proposed to me seven months ago to threeiba because it was flatter and at that time I was in 7
In principle it went well, the good levels and good control, until I realized that I was getting fat, I have always been thin, and then I looked on the Internet and found this forum and I saw the relationship that Tresiba fattened, that took meTo return to Lantus, but the surprise has been that leaving threeiba has made the energy, I did not realize that I was sleepy and hungry all the time, all that has disappeared.
I'm glad to return to Lantus.

It is strange, it is the same that the Tresiba did not work well in your body, I have been using for several years and not fat or wanting, anyway, solved problem by returning to Lantus !!

macarron_con_diabetes
07/09/2019 6:19 p.m.

To my threeiba I am doing very well, I used Lantus and made hypos at night.With Tresiba I lie down and I wake up the same.
Humalog + Tresiba.Previously use Apidra and towards hypoglycemia constantly

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
10/07/2019 3:55 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.