{'en': 'Insulin change, from Lantus to Tresiba.', 'es': 'Cambio de insulina, de Lantus a Tresiba.'} Image

Insulin change, from Lantus to Tresiba.

Remegc's profile photo   05/20/2016 7:37 p.m.

Another that years ago changed from Lantus to Tresiba and that is phenomenal.There are patients who do not cover the 24 hours.With Tresiba there is no problem because the half -life of insulin in the body is approaching 3 days.That is why in the adjustment it is recommended to vary from unit in unity and wait 3-4 days to assess, before going up or down more.For me, the plans it does when there is no food or insulin (seen with freestyle sensor) is spectacular.
The important thing: those days in the adjustment to give time to adaptation.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/08/2019 3:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

ruthchari said:

In principle it went well, the good levels and good control, until I realized that I was getting fat, I have always been thin, and then I looked on the Internet and found this forum and I saw the relationship that Tresiba fattened, that took meTo return to Lantus, but the surprise has been that when leaving threeiba I have turned the energy, I did not realize that I was sleepy and hungry all the time.

Indeed, each basal organism is different.In your case you find the Lantus enough.The feeling of hunger with Tresiba may imply that he had a tendency to go down and the feeling of hunger is rigged.I instead measure 174cm and weight 62kg using threeiba.So I don't see the relationship between this insulin and weight/lose weight.Rather, it makes me impression that it depends on the effect made by a certain insulin.When it goes down cyclically, it is when the feeling of hunger appears.And as you eat, you can have a tendency to gain weight, especially if you are type 2.

Each organism is a world!But for me, threeiba undoubtedly before Lantus

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/08/2019 3:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.