{'en': 'Are there physical diabetic products stores?', 'es': 'Hay tiendas físicas de productos para diabéticos?'} Image

Are there physical diabetic products stores?

Joya's profile photo   06/15/2016 2:24 p.m.

Hello everyone,

My small niece is diabetic and I would like to know if there are physical stores (which is not buying online) both in Madrid and Barcelona (especially in Barcelona) to buy things, both of eating and accessories.

For example, now they have put the freestyle and clear device with the water without protecting it .... bad and sometimes doing sports too, I wonder if there is something that can be put that serves as a protector of the device because of course ...Cheap is not.

And I see her happy and happy I do whatever ..... Aunt love: x

Thanks in advance for the answers, for if I take things that you like will be happier than a partridge.

Joya's profile photo
Joya
06/15/2016 2:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello jewel.PHYSICAL STORE I do not know but I can recommend something to hold the glucose monitor:

Link

I am delighted with these grips.As I am not a child, I have bought a small and oval normal black, but there are many forms and colors for kids.You can also buy them with the specific cut for your monitor (free, dexcom etc).
They are in the US but it takes little to arrive.Try not to go from € 22 in each order to avoid possible customs problems, I think I remember that up to € 22 are exempt

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/15/2016 4:19 p.m.

Thank you very much Albertot, I'm going to look at her.It is a pity that there is no store, at least I do not know any.

Now in summer it is a bit fuck through the bathrooms and the beach and of course for now what we do is that from June to September the device is not put on and to puncture as before, so you can enjoy without having to be aware of whether it gets wet or notor if he falls.Which are 60 Euracos each device.

Joya's profile photo
Joya
06/16/2016 10:08 a.m.

@Joya I do not know any, but virtual yes, and also with a discount to come from the forum, I know you asked for a physics, but I think this is worth looking at it!;)

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/16/2016 10:14 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Fortunately food now sell things for diabetics in almost all large surfaces, accessories is more complicated.

Tell you that the other day I was with the freestyle patch placed in a spa, and when I left I worked perfectly, I may not need anything.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/16/2016 10:57 a.m.

In the diabate store they will attend you great.
Regarding free my daughter takes it.The latter takes it in the buttock and we have protected it with transparent fixomull, it is like a second skin.Yesterday he was on the beach all morning with his class, when he returned he was intact, neither a trace of sand nor water and was all morning inside the water.Today it will be in an aquatic park, I tell you how it has gone.He has two days left and has endured great.Anyway, if you take off or stop working, call them because they replenish it.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
06/16/2016 11:08 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares, how about the measures in the culete ..?I do not know if it will be a coincidence or not but they have gone very but that very well removing some moment of great variability for sport ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/16/2016 8:03 p.m.

I sign up for the fixomull to protect the device and I will see the diabetes store, as I was looking for a physics because I have not looked at it much.

Thank you!!I will tell you how it goes.

Joya's profile photo
Joya
06/17/2016 9:41 a.m.

@sigsauer, it is the first and quite well, in some cases it has nailed them.When he has deferred the most in Hiper, but this also happened to us.Where we have been great, it in the hypos, here is perfect and has helped us take them on time.And after a beach day and one of the aquatic park is still perfect.
What in the arm of the last days had itching, and in this case we put Silesse before, it is a protective spray and that favors the application of the adhesives, and it has one day left and remains perfect.To remove it we will try Niltac that helps the elimination of adhesive, I already tell you.The two products are from Convatec, I asked for information and very kindly sent the two products to the pharmacy to try them.

RocioLlinares
06/17/2016 3:15 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares I'm interested in Silesse, where have you bought it ..?It is that they are leaving me some other irritation, in the buttock it has been milder than the last arm and had bought hypoallergenic hydrocoloid tegaderm to put it under the sensor, the problem is that I have to cut it more or less to measure andMake a hole in the center to pass the filament, and most importantly, that when you wear it they coincide ... !!I haven't tried it yet.
The spray is only to better fix the sensor in the body or have some type of protection that avoids itching, irritation etc .. ??Because if so, I buy it right now .. Thank you very much

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/17/2016 3:35 p.m.

@sigsauser, I spent the mail they sent me when I asked for information.I accessed them through their website.

infotec

Jun 2.

for me
Good afternoon

First, thanks for contact

The product they mention, Silesse Spray, is designed to create a protective film on the skin and can also help improve the adhesion of any dressing

Both Silesse and Niltac Spray are for sale in pharmacies.The national products codes are:

169977 for Niltac

169976 for Silesse

If you want to acquire some samples, we can get them to the pharmacy to try them before buying the product

We expect your comments

Kind regards

Raquel Mestre
Customer Assistant Spain & Amp;Portugal
Tel Spain 900 30 40 50
Tel Portugal 800 20 16 78

C/ Constitució 1, 3rd plant
08960 Sant just unbrid
Barcelona

On Monday 6 I spent the address of the pharmacy and on Tuesday 7 in the morning I had the samples.From what they say in the pharmacy they sell it for about € 15.

RocioLlinares
06/17/2016 5:28 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Contact them and ask for information on the characteristics of the products and where to acquire them, in my case they immediately offered to send me the samples without me asking them.

RocioLlinares
06/17/2016 5:38 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thank you very much, I will look a little online which can be better and I ask it directly in the neighborhood pharmacy ... Because of being doing crafts with the tegaderm with how "I am" I "give me a little out there ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/17/2016 6:03 p.m.

@albertoT in Grifgrips and I must be very clumsy because I don't know which ones are for Dexcom, as you, I am not a girl, I would like something similar to what you have caught your description, you could put a photo of how it is and howLook for it on the web?Thank you so much

Veronica14's profile photo
Veronica14
06/19/2016 9:06 p.m.

DM1 desde el 21/09/2015
NovoRapid y Lantus

Hello, I have bought this oval model with dexcom.When asking for it with the cut, it comes with perfect hole to leave the transmitter out:
Link

It is material is elastic, type the strips that the physiotherapists put.I have already left OPSITE, Tegardem etc On the side and use this.I really like it.For perfect water.Now I put the Skin Tac hunts on the skin, then the sensor and then the grip is on top.Maybe it's a coincidence ... but the sensors were lasting 20 days on average and the latter, with the grip, yesterday he did the 6 week and continues to measure perfectly.Maybe it's a coincidence ... and I've been lucky.Of course, a few days ago I trimmed with a fine scissors the edges of the grip, which were getting up, and put a new one on top.I mean now I have 3 layers: sensor + grip trimmed edges + new grip on.It is very important to cut as much as possible the edges of the previous grip that is being lifted before putting a new one on top, because if the new grip does not take clean skin to paste, we will not do anything to us.

Maybe the cheapest is to buy a physio grip roll, and cut it manually.But look for 1 $ grip, I don't complicate myself and buy it already cut and ready to put.But I think the material is the same.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/19/2016 9:39 p.m.

Good @albertoT, and shipping to Spain how is it going?How much do they charge?It takes a long time to arrive?
On the other hand, the Skin Tac, do you buy it from Novalab (in wipes) or buy the liquid boat ???
Thank you so much

nacho's profile photo
nacho
06/20/2016 12:32 a.m.

Hi @nacho,
Checking the mail I see the order, I hit it:

2x Oval Sports Grip - 10 pack $ 10.00 $ 20.00
Color #1: Blue Color #2: Black Internal Cut Options: Dexcom
Standard Shipping $ 5.00
Total $ 25.00

It takes little to arrive and as the product does not exceed € 22 (I think they are € 22) there are no customs problems.Products with greater value from the US can be retained and having to pay for dispatch + VAT.

On the Skin-Tac, there was already a thread out there where we argued long and lying on the subject.The summary was that the wipes and the cheapest site worked better where to buy them was directly to Novolab (it leaves more expensive by eBay).

To send.Greetings

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/20/2016 12:45 a.m.

Hi @albertoT I just tried to buy some patches, after selecting the product and the payment method, I have a page that says they do not deliver in Spain ... could you say how you have solved it?

fer's profile photo
fer
06/20/2016 5:54 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi @fer.Well, I don't understand ... I didn't have this problem.I made the order last month (May), it only occurs to me that they have stopped sending to Spain or that they only send to Madrid ... I do not know if your shipment is to another province ...
I have sent you an email asking, when they answer me, I tell you something.
Greetings

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/20/2016 6:16 p.m.

Hello again @fer.They have already answered me.The truth is that these people work very well.I hit the answer:

"Thanks for Your Email! Yes, We Ship to Spain. We were upgrading the site this weekend and might have messed submisso up.
Have a Great Week!

Thanks,
Stephanie

Co-Founder Grifgrips
www.grifgrips.com
Play Hard & AMP;Adventure on !!! "

Come on, they are updating the website and have had some problem ...

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/20/2016 6:35 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.