{'en': 'When a solution to this disease?', 'es': '¿Para cuando una solución a esta enfermedad?'} Image

When a solution to this disease?

Porfavor's profile photo   05/24/2017 6:37 p.m.

I think three things should be done.

The first: when they ask you about the DM, do not say that you have become accustomed and that nothing happens.Say that it is a PM and a misfortune that is ending your health.

The second: protest, as can, everything that can be, before authorities, laboratories ... exert pressure.Ask for the cure, not the disability (I want to be a healthy woman, not a less valid).

The third (for the most fed up): to look frequently a website (which I do not remember now, if someone knows it, to put it) in which all the medical trials in the world are explained and sign up for everything that isI can.I long wrote, among others, Fatima Bosch offering me as a volunteer for when I was able to experience her therapy in humans.

When a cure? ... by when we move our ass.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
05/28/2017 11:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Through various media is known and knows that in various parts of the world (mainly the US) various scientific research is being carried out for the cure of diabetes (currently one of the most widespread diseases in the world, about 400,000.000 million people) and the question is:

All fail ???None progresses, none is giving some option, for improved treatments, or solutions even in the short or medium term?

That there are pancreatic islet transplants, as old as almost insulin.

Is there any interest that any of the investigations are not reached?

Well, it is a reflection for those who have been graceful with this disease about so many.

Diabetes research news.

1º- A therapy for the Diabetes of Carlos Haya attracts US investigators year 2011
2º- Dr. Faustman’s Type 1 Reversal Trial Seeks More Participants Massachutts USA
3º- Discover the Medical College of Virginia, in the United States, a very prestigious center making simultaneous kidney and pancreas transplants
4º- The artificial pancreas will soon be a dream converted into several studies funded by the JDRF (Youth Diabetes Research Foundation) are being carried out to ensure that these prototypes that have already proven to function very well, are approved as soon as possible by the administrationof drugs and food from the United States (FDA).
5º-Create cells that produce insulin from the DNA of a diabetic, Washington, United States (APR/2014) .-
6º-DR.Alarcó: Research in diabetes January 12, 2015 Wisconsin that has American state financing and very frequent private funds in the United States.
7º- Wednesday, April 30, 2014 / Clonan Beta Beta Cells from fibroblasts of a patient with type 1 diabetes
8º- The Institute of Biomedical Research August Pi and Sunyer Idibaps of Barcelona have been working for years of this Autoimmune diabetes problem.
9º- Treatment of type 1 diabetes in various experimental trials
The favorable results obtained in different fields of research allow us to have an optimistic perspective.Dra.Marta Vives-Pi Biomedical Researcher.Research Institut Germans Trias I Pujol.Badalona (Barcelona).

As you will see, there are amount of information on research, underway, (documented) I do not know if they are good or bad news, depending on how it looks, which happens that they fail, none comes to fruition.

Anyway

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/28/2017 12:35 p.m.

Following the investigations (at the user level) I have seen that the main problem is that they are very slow and that they do not tell things clear.

In most medical trial news, they do not say clearly when they use immuno-suppressors and when not and they do not clearly say when the encapsulated cells fail and why, until recently I do not find out what they fail because they do not reach enough oxygen and die.

That is why the new modified kidney cells is interesting to act as beta cells, which are much more resistant to everything when they are encapsulated, but I am afraid that there are other problems that have not told us.

With immunosuppressive drugs more than 20 years ago you can "cure" diabetes, I have a cousin that can give of it.He was transplanted a kidney in 1993 and they put beta cells and since then he did not click.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/28/2017 3:35 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
always following the research (at the user level) I have seen that the main problem is that they are very slow and that they do not tell clear things.

In most medical trial news, they do not say clearly when they use immuno-suppressors and when not and they do not clearly say when the encapsulated cells fail and why, until recently I do not find out what they fail because they do not reach enough oxygen and die.

That is why the new modified kidney cells is interesting to act as beta cells, which are much more resistant to everything when they are encapsulated, but I am afraid that there are other problems that have not told us.

With immunosuppressive drugs more than 20 years ago you can "cure" diabetes, I have a cousin that can give of it.He was transplanted a kidney in 1993 and they put beta cells and since then he did not click.

Immunosuppressants have the problems that it is true that you would stop being diabetic but you run the risk of cancer by not having defenses that the remedy is worse than the disease.
The pancreatic islet transplantation if it would be a solution and although it took about ten years to destroy that time not serious diabetic.
The issue of dealing with manipulated cells according to understand

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/28/2017 6:38 p.m.

antonimar said:
immunosuppressants have the problems that if you would stop being diabetic but you run the risk of suffering a cancer by not having defenses that the remedy is worse than the disease.
The pancreatic islet transplantation if it would be a solution and although it took about ten years to destroy that time not serious diabetic.
The issue of dealing with manipulated cells according to understanding you have the risk that breaks the chain and you acquire a cancer that is the same when a cell is deforms and are born more equal

In order not to need immuno-suppressors, beta cells have to be encapsulated, if not our body kills them right away.And the problem is that these cells are very delicate and even with the best capsules die due to lack of oxygen.

Manipulated cells are more resistant and if they are encapsulated I do not think they have any danger, if they are out of control they could be removed.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/28/2017 7:29 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I also believe that what is braking modified cell research is the risk of developing tumors.That's why I say it's not so easy ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/29/2017 3:11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I encourage, my friends, I have diabetes, I hope very soon, there is a cure, I am very sure, perhaps to me, and part of us does not touch us, but to the new generation if they touch their cure, if I think IIt is working is the matter of waiting, and encouraging researchers and scientists, so while the best doctors and diabetes educators are us, oneself, I put myself in their place and I know that it is diabetes, I have suffered a lot, butA beginning, it has an end, but first we have to take care of that end, knowing ourselves, living with our family, our children, being important, our loved ones, living well and living in the present. I say that Ami has cost meMuch, a lot, and I have cried, that is why I have faith and hope, that there is someday heals.If the man arrived at the moon, which was previously a dream, he succeeded, the atomic bomb was achieved, going to space was achieved, vaccines were achieved, everything, now you just have to wait.

Victor romero's profile photo
Victor romero
05/30/2017 1:35 a.m.

victor romero said:
...., the atomic bomb was achieved, ...
>
If diabetes was used as a weapon, the cure would already be discovered.: D

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
05/30/2017 1:22 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Solution to this disease ????I don't think I will see it in this life.Primary, you have to make a distinction between a DMT1 to a DMT2 they have nothing to do, when talking about the percentage of people in the world suffering from diabetes, the 2 types are wrongly encompassed, in my opinion a great error.The large percentage of people with diabetes is of type 2, nothing to do with type 1.
Another inconvenience is in the money that moves, who will believe stop receiving such benefit?Mostly who "invests" or "investigates" in diabetes is the laboratories specialized in it, so your line of work will be for and for your product.Who in a way to these laboratories "investigates" will be for fair investment and in recognition in history.Almost all of these studies, tests, etc. are once sold in smoke in the corresponding publication in Medical Magazine and in which there is mostly there is no explanation, or thorough details.In the end they all dilute and soon they relaunch again, to dilute again.I always have the same concern if in more than 25 years, there was no innovation in the treatment (insulin) until relatively 2-3 years perhaps more that threeiba and toujeo have appeared as improvement in basal (although I save the opinion,Since I have tried the 2 and good ..), we continue with the same rapids and ultra -grants, how are they going to discover a cure?Let's not talk about the accessories to manage the control of diabetes (glucometers, MCG and pumps), when there are phones that do everything, bracelets that measure you there are hours of sleep and even sexual activity, etc ... and glucometersThe only thing they have improved is in the time of reaction in the measurement and that is already for 20 years ... how are you going to discover a cure?Casualities and miracles exist ..... In fiction, reality is very different and today, there is nothing on the table with a guarantee, efficacy and quality that allows you to get excited with the end of this barbarism.I don't know what the solution will be, but having the pharmaceutical laboratories the benefit they have, given as "improves" the treatment and how it is evolved in the management and control devices, I do not think that this great discovery would happen, it would be another caseWatergate or Kennedy.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/31/2017 3:03 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

But the treatments for hepatitis C and AIDS pills were also a business, if a good diabetes treatment will be found, they would make a box and put a profitable price.
And I do not say anything if they achieved stem cell treatments, the number of applications in medicine they would have. The management and patent laboratories would be commissioned.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/31/2017 4:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

But with hepatitis C and with AIDS there was a awareness campaign.How many campaigns have you seen awareness in front of type 1 diabetes?All diabetes campaigns are referring to "obesity and sport", "healthy eating and sport", etc ... In summary type 2. A sensitization campaign has never been made regarding archaic treatment such as insulin, pumps and pumps andDiabetic glucometers Type 1. Why?Very easy because if for example, a statistical study is done in which the ratio is 8 (type 2) to 2 (type 1) and type 2 develops at an age between 30-50 years and average ageGlobal is 33, within X years the percentage of DMT2 imagine what figures multiplies, whereby the DMT1 figure is ridiculous, what is interesting to stop/oversize? What kind of diabetes is the pandemic?I am not a genius, but we must not be silly to realize that we are evicted regarding the cure of the DMT1 and that we can not compare ourselves in awareness of diseases with AIDS or the like.For the only ones that cause them awareness of type 1 diabetes in a newborn or young child, it is only and exclusively to the parents of those creatures.So even less, to those who debut with older age.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/31/2017 5:15 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.