{'en': 'When a solution to this disease?', 'es': '¿Para cuando una solución a esta enfermedad?'} Image

When a solution to this disease?

Porfavor's profile photo   05/24/2017 6:37 p.m.

I am 52 years old and since I hear I have been listening to omens about the solution of this disease by professionals of the subject.My question is clear, which I suspect is not so clear, is why there has been no solution to this serious problem.?

Porfavor's profile photo
Porfavor
05/24/2017 6:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I fear that neither you nor I are going to know it, the only ones interested in a cure are the patients themselves, the rest are dedicated to obtaining penguins at the expense of insulins, strips, devices, and a long etcetera.With that they started changing the insulin patent system, it would make it up, it seems to me that the patent lasts for 20 years and when it is reaching the end, with a liargera modification of its composition (which they had already studied since many years before)They already throw another 20 years obtaining benefits (read Lantus - Toujeo for example).

runing50's profile photo
runing50
05/25/2017 8:38 a.m.

It is not easy.Cells that have died are needed.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/25/2017 9:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, to give an example, Fatima Bosch and her team from the University of Barcelona with the injection of a gene cured diabetic dogs causing the muscle cells where they introduced themselves as beta cells.

If there was some interest rate in which a cure came out, they would not be 20 years trying it in different animals and playing with them while we fuck us, and would directly heal diabetics.

But as I always say this disease does not have a lobby behind that it presses as it happens with others such as AIDS and so it goes.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/25/2017 9:19 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

But gene therapy has not been tested in humans yet ... It sounds like science fiction to me ... and obtaining cells in large quantities is still difficult, they would be revolutionary treatments in medicine.
At the moment they improve treatments and insulins, we will settle.And continuous, smaller and durable meters, that's not so difficult ...
And a treatment that avoids complications, preventing excess glucose from damaging the organism ...
and a vaccine that avoids the disease in children, at least the one triggered by virus .., I see that easier

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/25/2017 10:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

If it has been tested in humans, in bubble children and some other, but they were very complicated diseases and the result has also been complicated.

On the other hand, this of Barcelona is only to add a gene in some muscle cells that causes them to respond to glucose, synthesizing insulin as a beta cell would do.It is just an injection, it is very simple and has been working in dogs and other animals for many years.

But of course they use the fear that gives the words of "gene therapy" to stop it, they have already forced them to use a virus as a vector that never worked in humans.

It shows that there is a great interest in which a lot late.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/25/2017 11:06 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

As I said before I would settle for an improvement especially in insulins, meters, bombs for example.The only improvements that have been in insulins in 50 years have been to get the human insulin, the ultra -grape and somewhat bombs.I started with the ultralent insulin, which was swine, and it turns out that I only had to click once before breakfast and the rest of the day I forgot and I was only aware of my work and my studies.The only hypoglycemia that gave me (light also) were on weekends doing sports or going to the mountain.Now you see people like crazy, clicking 4 times day and even more times on their fingers to get controls so that laboratories can experiment with us as rabbits and thus within another 20 years, that they run out of the patent, take out another insulinslightly modified, and against more controls you do, more insulins you get and more originated, better: we have gone totally back like crabs and nowadays the quality of life of a diabetic is sorrow and much worse than when I started.First measure that should be taken: that patents were only 5 years old and thus laboratories would be forced to investigate more.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
05/26/2017 8:57 a.m.

But how did you do it to click once @"Runing50" with a diet without carbohydrates?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/26/2017 11:09 a.m.

Telephony and technology advance faster than medicine, something fails.

polustiano's profile photo
polustiano
05/26/2017 12:16 p.m.

DM 1 desde 2013
Lantus y Novorrapid
Aficionado al deporte

Well, at that time there was no rapid insulin (the fastest was the NPH), and the ultralente covered me 24 hours, even taking normal hydrates, we must also recognize that the exercise helped me a lot to maintain the levels (analysis each2 or 3 months).But I currently do the same, I put 30 U of Lantus (25 if I exercise something intense) and cover me all day following clear exercise;I only put 2 or 3 U of Novorapid when I take rice or pasta.In fact, the Bolis de Novorapid throws them almost started because you can't have more than 4 months since you start them.
When the endo told me years to prick 4 times a day with the Lantus and the novorapid I told her that China oranges, that more than 2 times I did not prick me, and the insulin was increasing to avoid first the puncture of breakfast andThe dinner, and later I saw that running for a while in the morning 4 times a week, I avoided me the puncture of the food.Hypos at night, if any appears is very light, when I had to be more careful it is when I run in the morning, but a few weeks ago they have changed me to the toujeo and much better.With the Lantus I had to start running with 140/150 at least not to have a hypo, now with the toujeo I start with 120 and without problems.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
05/26/2017 12:36 p.m.

But what glycosilada did you have only the ultrasty?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/26/2017 4:42 p.m.

Then the regina glycosilada had not yet left, only blood glucose, now I can walk between 5.9 and 6.3 approx.The ultra -senses problem was that as you went in food, it cost you a lot to return to a normal level.Now with the ultra -grants it is much simpler, in fact people prefer to use the ultrafid to prick more times and be able to eat more things without holding schedules, than having to adapt to a Spartan meal regime.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
05/26/2017 6:29 p.m.

Hello, @"runing50", I do not understand what kind of diet would follow for a slow-low insulin to cover you a minimum HC consumption to live and be well fed and nourished.It would be very little hydrate and constant exercise, right?
I imagine myself only with slow and my figures would end up being high almost at any time of the day (and almost without eating hydrates, I speak ...)

JPR's profile photo
JPR
05/26/2017 8:13 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Hello JPR, the slow insulin that they took then was simply the normal to which protamine (a protein) and zinc had added it, which made its effect extend from 24 to 36 hours, the slow ones of now are now genetically modified andOf course they were not pork as before, so they do not create antibodies, and the diet was the one given by the doctor of about 2100 kcal.and that at that time the rapid absorption hydrates had very limited (not those of slow absorption such as bread and legumes), for example I could not eat grapes or bananas, and if I wanted to eat rice I had to settle for a handful of anythingI was whistling, although I was not hungry because I could eat well.This does not happen now because if you want to eat a good dish of paella you get ultra -granted and that's it.The constant exercise at that time either, because I worked and studied but on weekends if it did well.
Let's see if our beloved and well -loved pharmaceutical laboratories deign to take intelligent insulin at once and solve the problem of multiple punctures.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
05/26/2017 10:29 p.m.

@"Runing50", I remember perfectly from those ultralent insulin, with the band of the dark green boat and that had to be stirred, it is the one I started yó and as you say it was put only once a day.
I believe that the story is if I remember wrong that we ate few HC or at least me and slow in Legumes to me for example the rice that took it or very little and the potato cooked in mash prohibition.No whims like now and I don't know how for rations, they were fixed calorie diets, the most rations began a little later when the no that hypoglycemia started me because that insulin has many peaks.
My hemoglobin was 6.5 to 7'5, at least they did and the controls was looking at a colored scale, then the machines came out, which at first had to clean the drop of blood beforePut the strip in the machine and those of now come out, from there now in 20 years they have evolved, that instead of 5 minutes it took 5 seconds but little more.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/27/2017 7:28 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

23 years ago, when I debuted the glucometer that was late 20 seconds.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/27/2017 8:01 a.m.

@"Sherpa41" Well, 20 seconds were already beginning to be the rapid haha

@"Gala" I had that insulin from the year 69 to 79 and the memory I have of her is that I barely caused hypos, when they changed me to a NPH they already started to give me.The funny thing is that hemoglobin would not take me out, I thought that the rest of the people either.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
05/27/2017 6:07 p.m.

I am newer, I debuted in 92, being my official father I went to the hospital for society and they were more obsolete than something else

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/27/2017 8:49 p.m.

Well, new, new ..... Maybe you have not noticed but they are already 25 years;)

runing50's profile photo
runing50
05/28/2017 8:41 a.m.

No new I am not, hopefully !!!
I say about you that you put that in 69

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/28/2017 11:08 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.