{'en': 'Type 1 diabetes. This is my story.', 'es': 'Diabetes tipo 1. Esta es mi historia.'} Image

Type 1 diabetes. This is my story.

Alvarozuma's profile photo   06/29/2016 6 a.m.

Hello everyone, my name is Álvaro and I am 17 years old.I will tell you my story about diabetes ...

It all started the first week of January 2015, that week had a very bad time, I had the typical symptoms of diabetes.I ate a lot, I drank a lot, I got up every little time to go to the service, belly pain.Then on January 6 (Kings Day) at night, I was very bad, so about 1 at night I decided.

When we arrived at the hospital I found me very badly and dizzy I was almost aim to passdiabetic.In the hospital I did not last for 3 days, at 2 days I left because there were many patients in the hospital and little personal.They did not give me a room of their own, I was in a room with people older than sometimes at night they started screaming and it was almost impossible to sleep.

At 2 day a man came where he told me and my mother that the hospital was saturated and things without, in plan telling us indirectly that we were and that he was going to call a doctor specialized in diabetes to "teach us" a little beforeThat we were.When the doctor came to "teach us" how the pen was used, in which areas of the body can I inject the insulin, how to use the lancet etc.After 30 minutes of teaching all that we went to our house almost without knowing anything.

So I practically learned thanks to my parents who were informed about diabetes: x.

I am still a bit vague and sometimes I ask my parents how much I have to inject insulin according to the food: p.

This is my story and forgive to extend it so much but I have tried to summarize as well as possible.

PS: I wish they invent something to cure diabetes or take pills instead of injecting insulin.

Alvarozuma's profile photo
Alvarozuma
06/29/2016 6 a.m.

─ DM1 desde Enero 2015. 18 años.
─ Novorapid y Tresiba
─ HbA1c: 6,5% ✔
❝Es duro fracasar en algo, pero es mucho peor no haberlo intentado❞

I would also like to know if there are young people in this forum.Thank you all

Alvarozuma
06/29/2016 6:01 a.m.

─ Novorapid y Tresiba

Hi Alvaro, how are you?
I introduce myself, I am a mother of a young man of your age and you have described in your case that of my son.
Like your son, he was diagnosed with diabetes being a teenager, also very badly, with 500 sugar and we had no idea of ​​this ... illness.
I send you a lot of strength and encouragement and I am very happy that you are here, you look wanting to know more, relate and share experiences.
Contrary to my son, who has locked himself in himself and practically when he has no class, he is playing the play all day, he has even lost contact with his former friends.
Sorry for the extension of the text, but I have excited myself with your words.
Good luck king.

juani's profile photo
juani
06/29/2016 8:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome @alvarozuma, first give you encouragement and if it is incredible that in the 21st century you go to a hospital with diabetes and return home as is, now it is when they are moderately doing campaigns in case all countries on it, seen the plague inThe one that has become and goes extend, but little else.Prepared people there are still little, means and material because to tell you the right thing.As for a "cure"?I'm sorry to be hard, but you can forget that, at least we can see it.You just went to be another asset of this great business for pharmacists and laboratories called diabetes, so while chickens put eggs, to change anything.Ask what you want in this photo, there are people who know a lot about diabetes and especially read and inform the rest you will see it in yourself in rtl day by day.

P.S.@juani do not allow that, do not let your son locate himself in a bubble, I know that he spoke and I can only tell you, but understand it, but I do not recommend it, so put the batteries because that path is wrong and wrongNow the same is not aware but it will be and may be late to rectify.Much encouragement to you too.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/29/2016 8:43 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Today I have an appointment with the endocrine, because from time to time I have to go to look at how I carry the diabetes and the truth is that I hate it because they wait for us 1 hour in the waiting room and then tell us things that we already know ...

Alvarozuma
06/29/2016 8:53 a.m.

─ Novorapid y Tresiba

Well and that when they tell you something, because other times with telling you that you are well and that you take care of some hiccups, the query is already thrown.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/29/2016 8:56 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

Welcome to the @alvarozuma forum, you have an interesting and common story with many people in the forum, here you will find people of all ages, of yours as well.

Although it seems lies, many foreros say that they have learned more than they have read and shared in the forum that they have explained endocrine, nurses, etc ... so as I always say: ask what you need and share whatYou know!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/29/2016 9:07 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi @juani surely changes when I spend time, I also played a lot but to the computer.Now I am more with my friends or I'm going to play football and I have a great time.Cheer up!!!

Alvarozuma
06/29/2016 9:08 a.m.

─ Novorapid y Tresiba

Hello again I have two questions again, the year I debuted went to a meeting on diabetes where I was only 2 days because they were all older and there was no one of my age, but a man at that meeting taught a speech that served to lookThe glucose without pricking, passed a speech through the arm where he had a patch and told him how much he had blood glucose.And he said it was the best thing that had helped him a lot and had the most comfortable life.But the doctors of the meeting said that it was not accurate and that it could fail ... Do any of you have this device and can you tell me if it is true that it can fail and give yourself a wrong figure?

They have also told my mother a friend of her friend who has a diabetic child, that there is an insulin that what she does is improve your glucose and make you not get up or get off a lot.Insulin is called Tresiba I don't know if someone knows this insulin that can inform me.Thanks in advance.

Alvarozuma
06/29/2016 9:28 a.m.

─ Novorapid y Tresiba

In parts @alvarozuma, the first thing is a glucose meter continued, look at the freestyle or dexcom post without those who use the majority, say that these devices are not subsidized, we are going to at least in Spain the SS does not give you.As for measurement, it carries a little delay and can vary with respect to the conventional glucometer by how and where that glucose is measured, while in conventional it measures it directly by one hour of blood, in another it measures it through the interstitial fluid and consists of the patch, receiver and transmitter.For example, the Dexcom has alarms according to the tendency of glycemia, which for those who have or suffer from nocturnal hypos is a relief.Then there are the other devices that are insulin pumps.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/29/2016 9:50 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

@Alvarozuma Welcome.I went through the same as you, in the same year and month.But they did not enter me because there were no beds and they sent me home with insulin without knowing where I put it on the doses.
At 3 days I had an endocrine and diabetological nurse that explained it to me and completely discouraged me.
Look that my impression is the other way around ... I went to the "classes" and they were all teenagers and children ... We had to have perched you and I ;-)

I use freestyle and it is comfortable but I still punish me 3-4 times with the capillaAnd I save being loaded around with the glucometers, only the roads.They are about € 120 per month and not everyone can allow it.Stop for post The Freesyle or Dexom and ask without fear.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/29/2016 10:42 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hahaha as you remember when I debut and I was admitted to the Red Cross Diabetes Center.All full of older people and I a 12 -year -old breeding room, a single TV and surrounded tomorrow, afternoon and night of old people watching Teresa Campos and other programs of the time, less bad than some of those peopleI fell into grace and fought to leave me at least see Oliver and Benji hahaha

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/29/2016 10:59 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

@Ruthbia my endocrine has told me today that it costs € 120 a bit expensive ... He has also told me that in countries like Belgium Social Security covers it.Here in Spain we will have to wait a few more years.

Alvarozuma
06/29/2016 11:24 a.m.

─ Novorapid y Tresiba

But wait sitting hahaha

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/29/2016 11:38 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

@Luvi In addition the group in which I was with the older people each was different: there was one that was very ready and knew everything about diabetes even more than the doctors themselves, another who was the wise of the group, a lady who wasArmogada, a mother disconsolate by her daughter who had diabetes and locked himself in her room and others who had hope in finding a cure for diabetes.I was one of the shy because there was none of my age and they were all older.

Alvarozuma
06/29/2016 11:40 a.m.

─ Novorapid y Tresiba

Well diabetes each carries or accepts it differently @alvarozuma, no person is the same, nor is any diabetic is the same, diabetes is a disease of many, but at the same time it is from oneself, you diabetes maybe maybeIt has nothing to do with mine to hear many circumstances, they coincide in the type and in treatment, but nothing more.I really did not consider me to know more, that it is smarter or those of de Sabio, among other things because I am not.But his is true and I can attest that there are people here who know a lot about this disease, whether they are diabetic or for having a diabetic relative.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/29/2016 12:01 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

@Alvarozuma Wellvening!
On the freestyle, I use it and the truth is that it helps me a lot, I also make some clear capillary blood glucose, but it is much more comfortable and useful, my life has changed.It is true that it is not cheap ... but well.
Hopefully at the end of this year or that comes new things that help more and more.
About Tresiba, I have still prescribed it to me, but my sister uses her since May and she is happy with her, she is flatter and makes less peaks.
I really have never gone to joint training, they have never offered me that option, so I can't help you, if it is true that you could see the association of diabetics of your community and see if there is any camp this summer or something like thatbecause they usually go to younger people like you.
Well, welcome again and here we are here to help you what we can

MarMourenza's profile photo
MarMourenza
06/29/2016 12:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Marmourenza In summer I will sign up for a specialized camp for diabetes, my parents also insist a bit to go and sign up.Has anyone gone to someone and can tell me how it is?

Alvarozuma
06/29/2016 11:07 p.m.

─ Novorapid y Tresiba

Well, many years ago I was 2 years old, so there were no feathers, it was roads and syringe, workshops were given and the meals were exercised at the time, I always remember the measurement of before bedtime and the glass of milk and cookie that youThey gave if you were fair, logically there were medical staff, apart from the monitors also diabetics.But my experience does not as an example, because I did not understand why the rest was fun and had a good time with diabetes, when I did not accept having this and cursed to have it.But now it is another time and there is something that when I was did not exist and are the mobiles, the Whastapp, takes the opportunity to know and establish friendship with diabetics of your age in your city and other cities, that will reinforce you in arriving your diabetes andWho knows how to create a group of diabetic friends, in addition to what they can teach you that I suppose that in that will also have greatly improved.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/29/2016 11:23 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

@Luvi in ​​your time Diabetes was less common than now?

Alvarozuma
06/29/2016 11:44 p.m.

─ Novorapid y Tresiba

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.