{'en': 'Intraocular lenses', 'es': 'Lentillas intraoculares'} Image

Intraocular lenses

Anaisabel's profile photo   06/14/2017 4:21 p.m.

I have an appointment to operate on my eyes, it will be for September.They will take away the lens and put me intraocular slow.

Myopia and presbyopia will disappear, but maybe I have a little astigmatism in the left eye.

Has anyone operated?I would like to know experiences since although I am determined sometimes I take back.

Thank you.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/14/2017 4:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Crystalline surgery with intraocular lenses implantation has reached high levels of perfection, with a successful success rate close to 100%.In any case, we must not lose sight of the fact that in surgery, risk 0 does not exist and that the appearance of a complication is always possible.In any case, do not operate today because of the risk of complications (in the event that we are talking) is like not going out because one piece of cornice is going to fall in the head
Another factor to consider is the calculation of the dioptric power of the lens that must be implemented.However precise the previous measurements are not mathematics, and it is always possible for a small residual refraction defect.
As for the correction of the presbyopy with multifocal lenses, it is required to spend very rigorous tests, and if you are not a good candidate, better to put a normal lens and wear glasses closely as a lifetime

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
06/14/2017 8:20 p.m.

The doctor told me that the presbyopia would disappear since they take away the lens.They tested, but I don't know if they have been rigorous or not.Yesterday at ten me they began to delay and they did several tests that lasted an hour and a half or so.
In one eye I have O.5 of astigmatism and in another 1.5 If I have something left, it will be necessary to wear glasses?I have never graduated my glasses for astigmatism and I don't notice anything weird.
Thanks for your intervention @"ophthalmologo".

Anaisabel
06/14/2017 8:45 p.m.

The presbyopy only disappears if they put a multifocal or progressive lens, which requires a series of conditions that are not necessary with conventional lenses.
With regard to astigmatism, if there is something below a diopter, even with one, it is not necessary to wear habitual signature glasses, but to obtain a perfect vision

Javier Arriaga Sanz
06/14/2017 10:24 p.m.

Multifocaless lenses is what would give me.A question, @"Ophthalmologo" What tests do you have to do to you?They told me to call and ask all my doubts I should know that they made me exactly, but I didn'tTo know the lens size), the cornea as well.Would you have to look at me more to wear multifocal intraocular lenses?Because they should look more or prevent something else with the operation?

Anaisabel
06/14/2017 11:26 p.m.

Basicamete, you have to do a test with a device called Pentacam.Diabetes has nothing to do with this

Javier Arriaga Sanz
06/15/2017 8:50 a.m.

Thanks, @"Ophthalmologo" :)

Anaisabel
06/15/2017 2:52 p.m.

@"Ophthalmologo", the intervention by putting multifocal intraocular lentilla removing the lens is performed just like the operation to remove the cataracts?
I know several people operated in Social Security cataracts, but continue to wear glasses.Do not put the right lens?

Anaisabel
07/13/2017 11:54 p.m.

The operation is exactly the same.It's about putting an intraocular lens (mess) or another.The calculation of the diopctric power of the mess that is going to be put on, is done through a biometer that measures a series of eye parameters and through a computer program, indicates the diopters that the eye needs to stay as close as possible to 0DioptersUnfortunately, it is not always possible to get it, so it is necessary to wear complementary glasses for far, in addition to the glasses closely that it is only possible to avoid whether the lens is multifocal.
In any case, the residual refractive defect that remains after an intervention is usually small, and glasses are only necessary to achieve a perfect vision.Normally vision without glasses is good enough to lead a normal life

Javier Arriaga Sanz
07/14/2017 11:25 a.m.

Again, thank you very much.
I want to operate, but a few days I am very determined and others are afraid.

Anaisabel
07/14/2017 11:56 a.m.

I already operate.The first eye became inflamed and the second does not.Two days ago of the last operation and I see quite well, but with which I get swollen I see worse they say that sometimes there are residues of inflammation.@"Ophthalmologo", what do you think?The doctor tells me that my vision is better with that eye than with the other, but I see the most blurred things.The first eye was 12 I have been delaying two weeks now is no longer inflamed.The other eye was 26.

Anaisabel
09/28/2017 6:24 p.m.

It is difficult to comment without knowing the causes of inflammation.Most likely, there is due to surgical trauma.Thus, inflammation is a self -limited process, it will happen.Meanwhile, it is logical that the eye sees worse than the other until all inflammatophia waste is reabsorbzn

Javier Arriaga Sanz
09/28/2017 10:25 p.m.

And how are it known that they are inflammatory waste and not anything else?
The eye became inflamed by surgery.Now it is not inflamed, but from afar I see blurry.

Anaisabel
09/29/2017 1:47 p.m.

I don't think it can be something else.In any case, if surgery is complicated, surgical trauma is greater and leaves sequels even if they are transitory.That is why you have had the dilated pupil two weeks, to keep the eye at rest and facilitate the resolution of the inflammatory process.There is no other that lets time pass, with the appropriate treatments of course, that you have surely had.You have to wait, and it does not make much sense to establish comparisons with an eye that has not suffered any problem.
Formerly, when the surgical technique was more traumatic, by definition, it was 2 months and sometimes three, to correctly graduate the eye because the eye took all that time to stabilize

Javier Arriaga Sanz
09/29/2017 6:52 p.m.

Thank you so much

Anaisabel
09/29/2017 7 p.m.

My lady was operated in December 2010 in the ophthalmologic clinic of Dr Zaldivar in the province of Mendoza, Argentine Republic and until today she is perfect, she was removed by the glasses to look from afar, drives without lenses and has her glasses ofLook closely.The glaucoma that it has but thanks to God with drops is controlled (glaucoma).The postoperative period was and is very satisfactory.- Norberto (Zulma husband)

zulmaInes_luis471805's profile photo
zulmaInes_luis471805
10/03/2017 12:07 a.m.

How good that everything was fine.I have been told today in the clinic that seeing blurry can last months that has patience that having had inflamed with a lot of medication usually occurs.

Anaisabel
10/03/2017 2:18 p.m.

Lucky, and put your part a lot of faith and hope that what God is missing.

zulmaInes_luis471805's profile photo
zulmaInes_luis471805
10/04/2017 2 a.m.

@"Ophthalmologo" in the left eye had 1.5 of astigmatism.They told me that with the operation according to how healing could decrease a bit.I have never taken the glasses or lenses to correct astigmatism and never notice anything (blurred, displaced ..).It could be that after the operation I notice astigmatism and that's why you see blurry with this eye?
How much is it to be expected to know how much astigmatism has remained after myopia operation?In the left eye I had as I said 1.5 and in the right 0.5.
Thank you.

Anaisabel
10/06/2017 10:22 a.m.

No, I don't think it's the cause of blur.I keep leaning for the sequelae of inflammation how it causes.Astigmatism subsequently intervention must be very similar to the one that existed.After a month of the intervention, it can already be valued

Javier Arriaga Sanz
10/06/2017 3:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.