{'en': 'Use free freeyle mobile app and your reader at the same time?', 'es': 'Usar App para móvil del Freestyle Libre y su lector a la vez?'} Image

Use free freeyle mobile app and your reader at the same time?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/25/2016 9:56 a.m.

One question, I do not know if it has passed, when you start a new sensor, first scan it with its corresponding apparatus and be active informed that you have to wait 60 min, as is normal later after the mobile with the application and it is also acting also informing theIt was 45 minutes left.

When 60 minutes passed, I just let me scan with the application of the mobile, not with your reader, call Abbot by phone and they tell me that it is strange that it should leave you with both of you, that is, the reader and the mobiletime, did anyone happen to someone?

Thank you!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/25/2016 9:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have the Liapp app and allows me to scan it with the sensor and with the mobile.What yesterday put on a new sensor and after waiting for 60 minutes and looking at the glucose I had 70 and going down, something that turned out to me because I had just had dinner ... I checked in blood and I had 132, but when the sensor passed meOr the mobile marked me constant hypoglycemia, I don't know if it will be the sensor that is wrong or that ...: -S today I will call information to see what they tell me.

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
07/25/2016 10:06 a.m.

The application does not work on my mobile, I don't know very well PQ, maybe because it is a cube brand.

The fact that marks false hypos constantly happens, if you notice the symptoms, do not pay much attention to what the sensor tells you.Moreover, they will tell you that it is normal that it finds a variability of 50 points, even 80 as it happens once, they tell you that if the arrows are up or low it is normal to vary so much, the most exact figure is when theArrow trend is horizontal.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/25/2016 11:09 a.m.

I have called and asked about what was happening to me and they tell me that up to 24h it can take to stabilize ... but according to the graph I have been putting it in hypoglycemia [-x so I think it will be a defective sensor.I will have to wait 24h and call tomorrow.Ahh also explained that the value that the sensor gives is of the glucose that you have had 20min and the blood is the one you have at the time ... I do not see much sense then ... so that I want to know the glucoseWhat did I have Gace 20 min?

Leticia21
07/25/2016 11:25 a.m.

The good thing about continuous meters is to know the trend that glycemia will have, but on the other hand has to carry that delay.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/25/2016 11:56 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@Leticia21 Here much has been discussed on this subject and we have come to the conclusion that how much more stable your glucose is when the new sensor must be placed and you will give you better results, that is, if you put on the sensor and dinner with dinner withYour corresponding dose of insulin The sensor is going to go a little crazy because you are in full up of dinner and insulin effect, in fact to me when more rare values ​​it gives me is when I am doing sports in full up or down.That I do not say that the sensor cannot fail, in fact, many fail, this is not an exact science.

@antonimar what you say, it has never happened to me.Once you start with Abbott's reader even if you pass the LibreLink should let you use both.Rare, Rarooo !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/25/2016 12:05 p.m.

leticia21 said:
I have the liapp app and allows me to scan it with the sensor and mobile.What yesterday put on a new sensor and after waiting for 60 minutes and looking at the glucose I had 70 and going down, something that turned out to me because I had just had dinner ... I checked in blood and I had 132, but when the sensor passed meOr the mobile marked constant hypoglycemia, I don't know if it will be the sensor that is wrong or that ...: -S today I will call information to see me.
and a question I understand that your scanning first the free reader and then the mobile?And after 60 my let you use it with the 2?What bad luck I have first the sensor fails me with 7 days and after scanning it with the 2 it only lets me use it with the mobile

DiabetesForo
07/25/2016 12:31 p.m.

@antonimar if I place it and scan the sensor first and then with the mobile.What application do you have?Because I have read that with Glimp then it only allows you to use the mobile and NP it works with the sensor

Leticia21
07/25/2016 12:38 p.m.

@sigsauer where can I read for more sensor information because I am not very clear about the glucose is 20m before

Leticia21
07/25/2016 12:40 p.m.

@Leticia21 @antonimar to see, when you start a new sensor with the official Abbott reader, in that first hour you have to scan it with the free link so that this works.Once scanned with the official reader and past 60 minutes, Liapp and Glimp work for you without any problem and you could scan with both Abbott's reader and with the 3 mobile applications.Only the Glimp would work and the rest of the applications and official reader would not work, if you start the sensor with another application called "Glimp S ..".I don't know if I have clarified ..

The 20 minutes before I know, my endocrine told me and because of what I have been able to verify it is more or less.I understand that it is because it reads in the interstitial fluid and not in the blood that is reading at that time.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/25/2016 2:34 p.m.

They are not really 20 minutes, it's about 10.

Continuous meters are not directly nailed to a place like we usually get blood, the fingers, but in places that are not so deep, where they measure directly from the interstitial fluid, which is above the blood vessels.

The glucose values ​​in this liquid are not as updated as that of the blood that we take out of the fingers, so a continuous meter will always have a delay of 10 minutes, and you have to know how to play with this delay.

That is why the calibrations in the Dexcom must be when you are flat, not when the glucose is going up or lowering you.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/25/2016 7:21 p.m.

sigsauer said:
@leticia21 @antonimar to see, when you start a new sensor with the official ABBOTT reader, in that first hour you have to scan it with the free link so that this works.Once scanned with the official reader and past 60 minutes, Liapp and Glimp work for you without any problem and you could scan with both Abbott's reader and with the 3 mobile applications.Only the Glimp would work and the rest of the applications and official reader would not work, if you start the sensor with another application called "Glimp S ..".I don't know if I have clarified ..

The 20 minutes before I know, my endocrine told me and because of what I have been able to verify it is more or less.I understand that it is because it reads in the interstitial fluid and not in the blood that is reading at that time.

Excuse me but I have not understood you, first the new sensor scanned it with the freestyle apparatus and I indicated to wait 60 mi, then I scan it with the mobile that I have the application of the free is called LibreLink, I think there is no other??And it only works with the mobile not with the free reader

DiabetesForo
07/26/2016 noon

antonimar said:
sigsauer said:
@leticia21 @antonimar to see, when you start a new sensor with the official ABBOTT reader, in that first hour you havethat scan it with the free link to make this work.Once scanned with the official reader and past 60 minutes, Liapp and Glimp work for you without any problem and you could scan with both Abbott's reader and with the 3 mobile applications.Only the Glimp would work and the rest of the applications and official reader would not work, if you start the sensor with another application called "Glimp S ..".I don't know if I have clarified ..

Excuse me but I have not understood you, first the new sensor scanned it with the freestyle apparatus and I indicated to wait 60 mi, then I scan it with the mobile that I have the application of the free is called LibreLink, I think there is no other??And it only works with the mobile not with the free reader

The application that was put on the mobile is worth it is Airstrip Technologies
I thought that only this application existed

DiabetesForo
07/26/2016 12:04 p.m.

The fact is that if you give it up, I will lose the scanned data?since the free reader does not work for me

DiabetesForo
07/26/2016 12:06 p.m.

AIRSTRIP TECHNOLOGIES It is the company that manages the "pasta" @antonimar, the mobile application is called LibreLink that I understand is the one you have installed.It is rare, if you have started with the official reader normally and then with LibreLink the 2 options should work, now if you have started the sensor with the LibreLink, you will not be able to use the sensor with the official reader ..

There are 2 other applications for mobile, Liapp and Glimp but if you have not started with Abbott's reader I don't know if they will work

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/26/2016 12:47 p.m.

sigsauer said:
anestrip technologies is the company that manages the "pasta" @antonimar, the mobile application is called LibreLink that I understand is the one you have installed.It is rare, if you have started with the official reader normally and then with LibreLink the 2 options should work, now if you have started the sensor with the LibreLink, you will not be able to use the sensor with the official reader ..

There are 2 other applications for the mobile, Liapp and Glimp but if you have not started with Abbott's reader I don't know if they will work

If first began with the official meter of the free recognition the countdown of the 60 mi, then scanned the mobile with the application that you comment FreeLink and also recommended the sensor and began with the countdown but after the 60s did not recognize the reader of the reader of the reader of the reader of the reader of theFree, only the application of the mobile is as if he had not recognized the activation with the original free reader, but well there is nothing more than waiting for the days that remain and I prefer to use the official reader,
thank you

DiabetesForo
07/27/2016 10:53 a.m.

@antonimar to me has never happened to me and use LibreLink for a few months (I download it via web not by Google Play);This is as @Sigsauer says you first use the free glucometer and then the mobile with the LibreLink.They both start the countdown and then measure you without problems.
If you use Glimp you don't have to wait 60 min but can give you "rare data."

You always have to start the sensor with the free glucometer when the glucose is stable and let's not eat, exercise or anything that can vary.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/27/2016 1:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Where can I get off the official app for free freestyle?I can't find it on its website: Link

Thank you

cesar_lopez's profile photo
cesar_lopez
08/04/2016 7:50 p.m.

Google Play

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/04/2016 8:26 p.m.

Hello,

1.- Start the new sensor with the original freestyle reader
2.- Within the countdown of 60 minutes to start reading, you have to start it with the FreeLink app, which is on Google Play.
3.- When that countdown ends 60 minutes it works with the mobile and the reader, and also give the same result.

Personally I do not like the app, so I use the reader usually and an unofficial app that is the LibreLink, which gives me more "immediate" values, although more variables.For trend changes they detect them before, but to calculate insulin corrections I prefer the reader because the graph is more "softened" and do not go crazy with so much oscillation.

By the way, after the suicide of my last sensor on the second day, I am now testing on the side of my approved belly, at the height of the navel but on the side.In my case more stable readings and more similar to my hair glucometer.Will it be the sensor?Will it be my great abdominal interstitial area?

I will know when I try a couple more sensors ...

DiabetesForo
08/05/2016 9:12 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.