{'en': 'New with diabetes.How to bring the enormous lack of freedom that I feel?', 'es': 'Nueva con diabetes. ¿Como llevar la enorme falta de libertad que siento?'} Image

New with diabetes.How to bring the enormous lack of freedom that I feel?

Amélie's profile photo   07/08/2017 12:06 p.m.

Hi, Amélie
I live with DM since 1985, with 10 years ... and now I have 43. So far they are 32 years and a half with very bad times, since childhood, with adolescence and youth in between ... until now that I have been dad.
That sense of lack of freedom that you have as an adult is not much better being a child, or much less in adolescent.There you understand anything, because you have no capacity to understand many things: even less what is happening to you ... with all that, much encouragement.
On the other hand, with 43 years and although the DM has appeared without invitation and, if not with bad ways, as an important discomfort in your modus vivendi, it is available to your hand to understand it to dominate it.
So go ahead!
Good luck with the glucometer;Fortunately, the media in favor to carry out the ailment are increasingly and better.I still do it manually and without insulin bomb;For my work and by personal decision I have decided that it is better.In the 90s, I remember clicking my finger 4 or 5 times for 3 hours of training to observe how glucose evolved ...
That said: a lot of encouragement and for it;)

sweetman's profile photo
sweetman
07/16/2017 4:44 p.m.

43 años | DM1 desde 1985 | Levemir + Humalog | HbA1c (sep2016) 6.3

Thank you very much @"Sweetman";)
I know the case of a girl who just diagnoses DM1.I was frozen when I found out ... it's cruel.It is a hunchback disease for everyone but, as you say, a child cannot understand anything.
Congratulations on your fatherhood, enjoy it :)

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/16/2017 8:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Amélie" A lot of encouragement.It is very difficult at first.They diagnosed me with 17 (now I have 31).I already knew the disease because my sister is diabetic since the age of 3.From my experience the worst era is adolescence, my sister had many dosons, some of being unconscious and having to put glucagon but once that time has not had problems again.Now we are both with the free style and help a lot.
It is a complicated disease but you get used to and incorporate the injections into your routine, counting hydrates ...
At the moment I have not prevented me from doing anything I wanted, we simply have to be more pending than the rest.I go to the gym, hiking, climb and I have no problem.You will learn to identify the signs of the body and you will see how downs and climbs immediately (I climb them many times by thirst).
Try to learn everything you can of the disease and food and you will see how every day you get it better.And don't worry if sometimes you despair, it happens to everyone.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/27/2017 6:56 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thanks @"Yesssica_a".I'm getting used to as I can.I have better days than others but the truth is that the issue of food does not carry it too well;I hate the impositions, the prohibitions ... and now it is like this: I can not eat what I want or in the amounts I want (something that I suppose happens to all).
Anyway, I think I'm a little better every day.I try, as you say, observe how my diabetes behaves and not think much about the end of my honeymoon (something that costs me a little more).

Thanks again for your comment;)

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/27/2017 7:57 p.m.

@"Amélie" encourage and for it !!What great tips has given you @"jconegar" !!Although the end of the world seems, I assure you that it is not!Diabetes has ever deprived me of anything ... And yes, although sometimes it is a gain to be able to do certain things, the important thing is that we can do them ...
Regarding Freestyle, in my case it works quite well ... although it is true, that now when reading your comments, I when I put it I am not at rest either ... so the same, the differences that it gives me in some other occasions (And see that they are little) is because it does not calibrate how it should be ...
If it helps you, my diabetological educator suggested to put the sensor, in addition to the arm and buttock, in the gut ... (all the information, welcome)

I allow myself the luxury of sharing the phrase that they told me in my first session with the educator the day I debuted: that living diabetes for you, and not you for diabetes ... What a great advice!

SaraJim's profile photo
SaraJim
07/28/2017 12:18 a.m.

You are very right, @"Sarajim", the important thing is to be able to do them.

Before deciding to be part of the forum I was reading you a lot.It was hard for me to take the step, I don't know why.
Now I'm a lot of having done it.I thank you very much for the advice and words of mood you give me.
THANK YOU :)

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/28/2017 9:28 a.m.

I feel if you have offended @"jconegar" but I think that you have not understood me, you have been to me ... in this post (then reread the other) you say that the first words in our dictionary have to be to fight and dream,And I totally agree with you.When I say that they are great tips, it is because I really think they are ... Besides, I think it was in your profile where I read that you had made a marathon (if not, disculp me) hence I comment that Diabetes does notHe has deprived me of anything ... Explain to me, please, that he has bothered you in particular to be able to rectify it ...

SaraJim's profile photo
SaraJim
07/28/2017 10:20 a.m.

@"Sarajim" forgiven I delete what I was wearing a good day and came hot because of the other thread, delete comment.A hug

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/28/2017 9:16 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
@"sarajim" forgive drool the post did not have a good day and came hot because of the other thread, erase comment.A hug

Quiet @jconegar, no problem ... In the other thread I have been the one that has put the leg ... I read fast and all the comments and I did not understand yours as I should ... but look, everything solved!I hope you improve your day!A hug

SaraJim's profile photo
SaraJim
07/28/2017 9:21 p.m.

amélie said:
hello.

I am 43 years old and I know since December 28 that I am a diabetic (type 1).Today I'm still "honeymoon" ...

What is being more difficult for me to carry is the enormous lack of freedom that I feel since that December 28 (regarding food and bike exits, which have become an odyssey ...).

Yesterday I had an appointment at my health center.They facilitated the freestyle glucometer to try and better understand how this travel partner behaves that has been self -infected and to whom, for now, I do not have too much love.

The figures shown by the device in question are more than "strange" (despite the fact that most of my hypoglycemia are asymptomatic, I am sure that today at 6 in the morning I was not really in 46).

I have read that, sometimes, two or three days are necessary to obtain more real data.I hope it is so, because it would be fantastic to have detailed and accurate information to be a bit "calm."

Greetings for all forum members.

Enjoy Saturday;)

Hello.Do you mean that in the health center they facilitated free without paying ???If so, I shit in everything that wiggles.I've been paying free for two and a half years.I do not understand those differences in criteria in the different communities.

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
07/30/2017 11:23 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

No, they gave me only one because they need to study I don't know what in my night glucose curves

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/30/2017 3:39 p.m.

diegomiquel said:
hello.Do you mean that in the health center they facilitated free without paying ???If so, I shit in everything that wiggles.I've been paying free for two and a half years.I do not understand those differences in criteria in the different communities.

The free meter is worth € 49.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/30/2017 5:53 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hi @"Diegomiquel"!Normally the commercials of the different houses usually leave several "shows" meters in the health centers and hospitals ... and the professionals of each center are given to those who consider that it meets the best characteristics to receive it ... it is a formTo publicize your product ... I imagine that as @"Amélie" has been diagnosed relatively recently and is costing it to control ... the meter will have been given, but the sensors will have to be paid (I don't know, huh!) I imagine that it will be so because, in my case, they provided me with the meter (I was with very high glycosilada, I have reached almost 12, I want to be a mom and I could not lower them) but the sensors run from my account ...
What is true is that, sooner or later, social security will have to cover it ... I do not know when they will realize that, a well -controlled chronic patient is less expense (which is based on them) than sick chronic illcontrolled that can have more complications in the long term ...

Anyway ... let's arm patience ...

Greetings!!

SaraJim's profile photo
SaraJim
07/30/2017 6:09 p.m.

sarajim said:
hello @"diegomiquel"!Normally the commercials of the different houses usually leave several "shows" meters in the health centers and hospitals ... and the professionals of each center are given to those who consider that it meets the best characteristics to receive it ... it is a formTo publicize your product ... I imagine that as @"Amélie" has been diagnosed relatively recently and is costing it to control ... the meter will have been given, but the sensors will have to be paid (I don't know, huh!) I imagine that it will be so because, in my case, they provided me with the meter (I was with very high glycosilada, I have reached almost 12, I want to be a mom and I could not lower them) but the sensors run from my account ...
What is true is that, sooner or later, social security will have to cover it ... I do not know when they will realize that, a well -controlled chronic patient is less expense (which is based on them) than sick chronic illcontrolled that can have more complications in the long term ...

Anyway ... let's arm patience ...

Greetings !!

Hello.That commercial practice knew her.The same when reading it I have not meditated the answer well.The fact that social security would have to subsidize it because having a long -term controlled is cheaper is a drawer but I already published a report from the Canarian health service dismissing it and for now I think it will have to continue paying.Thank you.All the best.

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
07/30/2017 7:30 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.