{'en': 'New with diabetes.How to bring the enormous lack of freedom that I feel?', 'es': 'Nueva con diabetes. ¿Como llevar la enorme falta de libertad que siento?'} Image

New with diabetes.How to bring the enormous lack of freedom that I feel?

Amélie's profile photo   07/08/2017 12:06 p.m.

Hello.

I am 43 years old and I know since December 28 that I am a diabetic (type 1).Today I'm still "honeymoon" ...

What is being more difficult for me to carry is the enormous lack of freedom that I feel since that December 28 (regarding food and bike exits, which have become an odyssey ...).

Yesterday I had an appointment at my health center.They facilitated the freestyle glucometer to try and better understand how this travel partner behaves that has been self -infected and to whom, for now, I do not have too much love.

The figures shown by the device in question are more than "strange" (despite the fact that most of my hypoglycemia are asymptomatic, I am sure that today at 6 in the morning I was not really in 46).

I have read that, sometimes, two or three days are necessary to obtain more real data.I hope it is so, because it would be fantastic to have detailed and accurate information to be a bit "calm."

Greetings for all forum members.

Enjoy Saturday;)

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/08/2017 12:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Very good do not expect an exact measurement with the freestyle as well as with the capillaeven more difference.For information if it will serve to contrast how the graph evolves at the end of the day at different times and variations and thus be able to adjust each section.Of course, there is no alarm that notifies a significant variation (hyper/hyper) of blood glucose.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/08/2017 12:32 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Thank you ;)

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/08/2017 12:38 p.m.

I think like the partner that glucose measurement flash system sometimes fails more than a cutter of cut cannons.
Referring to sports having diabetes is more complicated, let's not fool ourselves, but we can even cost us much more.
What you should not allow diabetes to ever stop you, the first word in your dictionary from now on must be "fight" and the second "dream."
Fight with your diabetes, not against her.
Never lose your illusions and dreams, because without dreams you can't live.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/08/2017 5:31 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:

Referring to sports having diabetes is more complicated, let's not fool ourselves, but we can even cost us much more.
What you should not allow diabetes to ever stop you, the first word in your dictionary from now on must be "fight" and the second "dream."
Fight with your diabetes, not against her.
Never lose your illusions and dreams, because without dreams you can't live.

I just had the differences of up to 36 that the freestyle with respect to the capillary ended up in another thread.A pity ...
Thank you very much for your words of mood, I am;)

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/10/2017 5:48 p.m.

@"Amélie" How long do you wear the sensor?The first 24/48 is when you can give you more different results, but it quickly adjusts ...
I have said it many times in this forum but I have never had differences between capillary and freestyle of more than 10 mg/dl and I have been using sensors for 1 year, without resting a single day without them;I almost always nail the measurements with less than 5 mg/dl of difference.I put some catches of my last hair controls, one of them in hypoglycemia, yesterday ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/11/2017 1:13 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
@"amélie" How long do you wear the sensor?The first 24/48 is when you can give you more different results, but it quickly adjusts ...
I have said it many times in this forum but I have never had differences between capillary and freestyle of more than 10 mg/dl and I have been using sensors for 1 year, without resting a single day without them;I almost always nail the measurements with less than 5 mg/dl of difference.I put some captures of my last hair controls, one of them in hypoglycemia, yesterday ...

I put it on Friday at 12:00.
Yesterday night just before bed Freestyle gave me 98 and capillary 175.
I didn't give credit ... I almost got the tears of anger (and disappointment) that I had !!!!
I'm a lot of a lot of you doing well;)

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/11/2017 1:26 p.m.

@"Amélie" calls Abbott and talk to them, eat those differences.It must be a sensor problem, which will have left defective.Surely they change it to you.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/11/2017 3:50 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

I will, thanks.
(The sensor has been put on the inner face of the arm, about two or three fingers below the armpit, I guess that will not influence, right? Because it seems that almost everyone carries it on the outer face ...).

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/11/2017 4 p.m.

@"Amélie" because that may be that, on the inner face of the arm is the bicps and do not advise to place it in muscle but somewhere with some fat, on the outer and rear of the arm, further behind the triceps.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/11/2017 9:02 p.m.

@"Amélie" Indeed, as @sigsauer tells you, that's almost certainly, a bad placement of the sensor.You must put it where Abbott says or in any area of ​​the body where there is fat.There are people who have put it in the buttocks and say they are doing very well.I have only tried the arm and for the moment, always perfect!

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/12/2017 11:05 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

sigsauer said:
@"amélie" because it may be that, on the inner face of the arm is the bicps and do not advise to place it in muscle but somewhere with some fat, on the outside partand rear of the arm, further back from the triceps.

After reading you live well where I have it and I think it is a little further behind the biceps ...
Thank you ;)

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/13/2017 10:21 a.m.

jpr said:
@"amélie" indeed, as @sigsauer tells you, that is almost safe, a bad placement of the sensor.You must put it where Abbott says or in any area of ​​the body where there is fat.There are people who have put it in the buttocks and say they are doing very well.I have only tried the arm and for the moment, perfect always!

If I decide to continue trying the next side.I would give me a lot of peace of mind to have reliable resultsw (and the fingertips I would appreciate it ...).
Thank you : )

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/13/2017 10:23 a.m.

Put it just where Abbott says, half of your arm, in the part where there is fat.When you calibrate it, in those 60 minutes that the reader tells you, do not do anything and be sitting or as stopped as possible.You will see how it will be very good and you reduce the capillaries only to the meals, which is very much!@"Amélie"

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/13/2017 10:26 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
place it just where Abbott says, towards half of the arm, in the part where there is fat.When you calibrate it, in those 60 minutes that the reader tells you, do not do anything and be sitting or as stopped as possible.You will see how it will be very good and you reduce the capillaries only to the meals, which is very much!@"Amélie"

Look, I put it in consultation and then I walked down: I went to the English Court to look
You are super attentive, thank you;)

By the way, so that the post I answer is not repeated (when I cite), do I have to write @"jpr"?

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/13/2017 10:53 a.m.

You can write directly after the last post and if you need to mention someone you talk with you can do it next, before or during your text, @"Amélie"

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/13/2017 1:10 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

HELLO!I am new with type II diabetes and my endocrine has just prescribed some injections of Victoza as well as metformin.Does anyone have experience with these injections?

maribel's profile photo
maribel
07/13/2017 1:29 p.m.

Thanks, @"jpr"

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/13/2017 5:03 p.m.

@"Amélie" The sensor is phenomenal, like @"jpr".I use them for a year and a half but in the gluteans.
+/- 10 difference.And during the 60 min of calibration I am sitting or sleeping :)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/15/2017 5:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If I decide to continue with him (I like more and more) I will calibrate it at rest.Thanks @"ruthbia"

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/15/2017 5:59 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.