{'en': 'Does it fall asleep with diabetes?', 'es': 'Se duerme bien con diabetes?'} Image

Does it fall asleep with diabetes?

fer's profile photo   09/05/2016 12:56 p.m.

Having diabetes and stopping sleeping well, are almost synonym, at least in my case.

At the beginning of having diabetes because I had to control at midnight, then becauseIn short, that sleeping well with diabetes is not easy in my experience.

And you, how are you doing? What do you do to sleep well?

Here you have some recommendations, now that we return from the holidays, I will try to follow them.

What to do to have an adequate break?

There are many existing techniques to reconcile the dream and have enough hours to rest between 7 and 9 hours as recommended for an adult with diabetes and thus start every day with energy and with a more regulated diabetes, but then I expose a decalogueTo reconcile the best rest:

1.- Mark and meet a schedule to go to bed and get up.Try to be between 7 and 9 the rest hours.
2.- Avoid abundant meals before bedtime to facilitate your digestion and avoid problems that can end up taking your sleep.
3.- Avoid having television, computer, mobile phone or any electronic device in your room.Everything that entertains you will take away your sleep.
4.- Sport practices a couple of hours before bedtime.It will help you relax and rest.
5.- Watch your weight and avoid any addictive substance (caffeine, tobacco, alcohol, somnifers, etc.)
6.- If in 20 minutes after bed you do not fall asleep, get up and perform a relaxed activity (read for example).
7.- Sleep in the dark.This will help you to have a deeper and more pleasant rest, in addition to helping you sleep before.
8.- Rest on a comfortable bed.Try to have a quality mattress and that the bed clothes are comfortable and fresh.
9.- Watch the ambient temperature and that is a relaxed atmosphere away from noise.
10.- Eváde yourself at the time of going to bed.Tomorrow you will try to solve.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/05/2016 12:56 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, I've slept well until I had a son, hahaha ..... there I just finished tranquility, with or without diabetes, diabetes came later.

I have noticed the dowers at night, so I got up and period, do not spend every day, so sleep I slept well, I take away the dream of work problems, or as I have said my son than diabetes.

All our problems do not originate from diabetes, I think we would have them the same.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
09/05/2016 1:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Anzazuleg True is that I don't always sleep badly for diabetes, I have 2 daughters and also give their war !!!Hahahaha ... But it is also true that sometimes I sleep badly for diabetes, I wake up several times, etc ... this happens to you?, What do you do to sleep well?

fer's profile photo
fer
09/05/2016 1:21 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It has never happened to me, I have always slept well, the times that I have slept worse has been due to external problems, the nocturnal hypos notice them, I wake up, I take something and I am fried again, which does happen to me latelyIt is something very rare, I wake up as at the time or two hours of being asleep super anguished thinking that I have forgotten to put the insulin!It is also that it has been almost every day for me for a month or so!I don't know why it will be but I spend the fatal!Then I remember and I see that I have put it on and I go back to sleep

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/05/2016 1:44 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

To things like those commented @nigiri I meant ... that only happens to you if you have diabetes!#-either

About how to correct it, I recommend that you do something different when you put the insulin, something that you do not usually do so that you go to sleep with the security of having put the insulin, I do not know, notice it in a paper or something similar, you can leave thepaper on the nightstand and so you stay calm to see it, if you wake up.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
09/05/2016 1:48 p.m.

Well, something like that, what I do not understand is why now, in 26 years of diabetes I had never happened to me @Fer and I wake up almost that I lack the air, I know that it sounds exaggerated but it really is horrible !!Luckily he happens quickly hehehe to aim at a paper, my mother told me too, I will start doing it!:)

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/05/2016 1:59 p.m.

fer said:

1.- Mark and meet a schedule to go to bed and get up.Try to be between 7 and 9 the rest hours.
I have never been able to do that, neither with diabetes, nor without.I have a totally changing schedule.

2.- Avoid abundant meals before bedtime to facilitate your digestion and avoid problems that can end up taking your sleep.
I always ceno just before sleeping (and quite) so that the action of dinner insulin covers me until I wake up.

4.- Sport practices a couple of hours before bedtime.It will help you relax and rest.
Sport stresses me a lot since I am diabetic and produces night drops.

5.- Watch your weight and avoid any addictive substance (caffeine, tobacco, alcohol, somnifers, etc.)
vigil as it goes up and caffeine is one of the few "good" things that we can take the diabetics, and I am supersed.Also to tranquilizers.

8.- Rest on a comfortable bed.Try to have a quality mattress and that the bed clothes are comfortable and fresh.
As they are so cheap .. mine has packages and clefts.

9.- Watch the ambient temperature and that is a relaxed atmosphere away from noise.
Living far from noise is a utopia in the modern world, at least in a city with many neighbors.

10.- Eváde yourself at the time of going to bed.Tomorrow you will try to solve.
If I could control my mind I would not have problems sleeping.

The only one I can meet is not having devices in my room.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/05/2016 2:03 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@fer These sleep guidelines are recommended for all people who have problems sleeping, with and without diabetes, the TV, exercise, food, a relaxing shower before bedsleep problems.
@nigiri I have a more rudimentary method as well as effective, I use it at work.I take a bowl and sign it in the palm of the hand, hand of Santo hey !!!:)>-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/05/2016 2:07 p.m.

The bad thing is that I sleep with the palm of the hand under the moflete and the same is not a very good idea!Although when I wake up and see it embodied in my face the same is more effective hahahaha @sigsauer

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/05/2016 2:35 p.m.

@nigiri you get out of bed and in the mirror you see you 18 Tresiba in a moflete and 4 novorapid in the other moflete, the scare gives you a soponcio and you go back to sleep !!!: (((

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/05/2016 2:58 p.m.

I always sign it at the APP notes of the mobile.It is very practical.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/05/2016 3:13 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

hahahahaha the problem is not whether I have it targeted or not because the truth is that I have never forgotten what I do not understand is that I wake up every night with the same Safocón, it makes no sense

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/05/2016 3:59 p.m.

Well, I'm DT3, what do you want to tell you ???Well, not me ......... now seriously my daughter sleeps the same as before, there are days that she remembers that she has had a hypo when when she gets up she sees a empty juice brick on her bedside table, that if notIt doesn't even find out.The truth is that much better and hopefully it continues to sleep well for many years, I suppose it will now be for age and the confidence that your parents are pending.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
09/05/2016 4:27 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I sleep little with or without diabetes because I am very nervous and my brain does not cut.
Forgetting the insulin does not happen to me, I put them on because I have an alarm for each basal on the mobile :)
I have only woken up once for hiccups...a 38, the other times I have seen it in the morning in the free in my 4 dreams of dreams followed ... difficult not to catch a severe.I have an open eye and another closed

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/05/2016 11:54 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I managed to sleep very quiet after 10 years of reveals, when changing to Lantus and found the right schedule, so far, which has given him to go to the gym in the afternoon .. Change change is a readjustment and a wake up.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/06/2016 7:21 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

At first I had enough bad to sleep.When trying to take the dream I had the typical spasm that gives you throughout the body when you are very tired, but about 15 or 20 times before counting sleep.I guess they would be the nerves.
And the first nights I had several nightmares and others, especially in the hospital.
Now I sleep as always, except when I wake up from hiccups and I already get nervous, although I solve it then I'm not so calm.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
09/06/2016 9:17 a.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Currently since I am with Tresiba the truth that I sleep much calmer than with Lantus ... before the nights were more unpredictable ... although I slept was always in that state of semi-alert in case a hiccI have never had trouble waking me in case of giving ... now I've been without any nightly hypo ... In fact I don't remember the last ... so I sleep like a liron.

ranty's profile photo
ranty
09/07/2016 8:35 a.m.

I tb being DT3 I do not sleep the same, more than anything because we still continue with the control at 3 am.And of course sometimes if you have it low you have to give it something and I am still pending and I do not fall asleep ... other times you start thinking about your problems and either ...

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
09/07/2016 9:55 a.m.

@Mariah14 I think those who accompany us sleep less and rest less.
But you are a few DT, for me there is no DT1 or DT3 distinction, you do not carry it in the blood but your concerns and sufferings become greater, and anyone was sure to change for the partner or son or son

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/07/2016 3:10 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I sleep as a baby with Dexcom, until I wake up the alarm of 80 someday that I have done sports.I hate him so I usually go to sleep with margin.

Before that I woke up in 40, dizzy and half dead.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/10/2016 2:43 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.