Free Freestyle

david leon's profile photo   08/21/2017 1:01 p.m.

sprinkle said:
I think the same, those glycemia are very low.My daughter is in a hem of 6.1 but with 5% hypos, according to her endo is very good, to be in full hormonal revolution.Going down this hem based on continuous hypos does not compensate for me.I prefer a hem of 7 with hardly any hypos than one of 6 or less with constant hypos.

Totally agree with you!

And your daughter is now perfect!

JPR's profile photo
JPR
08/22/2017 12:28 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

David Leon said:
What I mean is that with my change of habit with the lantus 1 time a day to 2 times I maintain a glycemia very similar to that of a non -diabetic and that forMy is important because in the last months the uncontrolled tube affecting my legs, they told me that it was the principle of diabetic peripheral neuropathy and for those who have not had it is quite uncomfortable.Since this these low glycems have taken away the discomfort of that neuropathy.

The change of Lantus in a two -way shot already told you in another thread that was very good because the lantus usually has no effect of 24 hours.When putting it every 12h you assure you that you have an effect 24 hours.
Anyway you do not need to be between 60-80 at night, it is quite fair.I would try to lower the dose more until you are in 80-100 values ​​that are safer and still give you hemoglobins below 6.
This is the hemoglobin that would come out according to the average glucose you have had (approximately):

Middle Glucose 97 - 5% hemoglobin
Half glucose 126 - 6% hemoglobin
Half glucose 154 - 7% hemoglobin
Media glucose 183 - 8% hemoglobin

Normally a non-diabetic remains in values ​​between 80-100, at 60 they arrive after many hours of fasting and it is not very normal for the body to remain at that value a long time.The reason why they have the lowest hemoglobin is that the peaks after meals last a little time.When having a non -diabetic eaten, it will already be below 120. For us it is impossible because fast insulins take a while to take effect.

If you just go up after breakfast at 150-180 at the end the average will be very good.In fact, the Free Style gives you the average and the prediction of glycosilada, you can look at yourself that you will have a lot below what is considered non -diabetic (I think that from 5.5 prediabetes is considered).

Also be careful when you exercise because you can give you a downturn to be so fair.I always look every 15-20 minutes when I go for a walk or do cardiovascular exercise because I try to keep it between 80-120 and if I am with 80-90 I know that after 40 or 50 minutes walking it starts to go down, so I'm eating somethingTo keep it.I have already caught the pattern so I am measuring every little during the exercise and as soon as I see that it goes down 80 or the free gives me a low trend I eat something with fast hydrate and ready.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/22/2017 12:59 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you for your answer, the glycosilada I have in my freestyle is 5.3 That's why I'm so happy, I walk in the afternoon 1 hour but I have an Eiaxx Energygel and I have ever had to take it.I will continue to lower the night lantus to have the blood glucose of 100. Thank you all for responding.

david leon's profile photo
david leon
08/22/2017 1:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"David Leon" I was not going to write anything because I have already read that the answers that the classmates have given you have been unanimous and with which I totally agree.The only thing I can tell you is that you never compare yourself with a person without diabetes since a non -diabeticBed at 70mg/ dl and not waking up !!!Without scaring anyone but the difference is quite important I think.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/22/2017 2:50 p.m.

David ideal is that glycemia this is maximum of low between 85 or 90 no lower

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/27/2017 11:50 a.m.

jpr said:
I also think it will be a lot to be in such low values.Below 6.5% glycosylated you will not have complications, it is not necessary to be in hemoglobins of 5.4-5.5%.I have 6.1% and I always try to move in my day to day in glycemias between 100-130.It would be to go with the rope around my neck if I had to try to be in 70-80 all day, touching the hypoglycemia constantly.
And those values ​​that you have at night are dangerous, I am with @luvi in ​​everything that has told you ...

Hello.And how do you be all day between 100-130?I have never achieved it in my diabetic life and I've been a few years.

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
08/27/2017 12:51 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

Lantus twice a day and the free freestyle device and looking at what I have every hour like that I see what uploads me excessively and what is only a matter of analyzing a little

david leon
08/27/2017 1:35 p.m.

diegomiquel said:
jpr said:
I also think it is very going to be in such low values.Below 6.5% glycosylated you will not have complications, it is not necessary to be in hemoglobins of 5.4-5.5%.I have 6.1% and I always try to move in my day to day in glycemias between 100-130.It would be to go with the rope around my neck if I had to try to be in 70-80 all day, touching the hypoglycemia constantly.
And those values ​​that you have at night are dangerous, I am with @luvi in ​​everything that has told you ...

Hello.And how do you be all day between 100-130?I have never achieved it in my diabetic life and I've been a few years.

Unless insulin pump is used, it is very difficult to draw a flat blood glucose line that is always between 100-130, but it is my goal.It is logical that sometimes we will be higher and we will have 180, sometimes lower and we will have 79, but in the end you have to look at the time you are on the goal.I try not to go down from 95-100 in my day to day to go calm and I also know at what time I have to be very aware of blood glucose in case I need to put some insulin to keep it at bay (during the afternoon, for example, thatIn me it is very normal that although the post of the food leaves me in 120, I need a little fast to spend the afternoon or always climb the glucose.Other times, if I am not too hungry, I punctuate only something fast when I see that I am going up).

JPR's profile photo
JPR
08/28/2017 3:49 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Daily glycemic control, I, about 10 times on average and click the novorapid three or five times a day until almost total control.

david leon
08/28/2017 5:18 p.m.

I have the glyc now 5.7.Never low from 70. The flat nights if I go to bed between 80 and 100.
The Free that I have measures between 20 and 30 below, and the previous 10 above.
The values ​​that you have of 60 are not real, you must be between 80 and 90 surely, in addition that very low values ​​produce exhaustion and lack of energy.I have a palpitations, I weigh my legs and my arms tremble.With only 2.5 years of diabetes.... With many more they must be worse the symptoms.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/30/2017 8:02 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

David Leon said:
HiWith this is to have a fairly low glycemia for hours and hours and from which I am happy because they no longer give me those bassons that gave me before.Well the question is ... I have days that I have glycemia at an average of 46-60 throughout my workday- 9.00 to 20.00 and I have also got it that during the night and early hours I have an average of 50-60, I know it is that it isDown but the question is that ... can it always be like this?That is, my glycolisada will be 5.4 and that makes me very happy, but I can get used to my body to always have a blood glucose like that of a non -diabetic?It has heavy effects to my body to always have sugar in those intervals?
Hello: it is not advisable to be so low since it is demonstrated that neurons are lost and if you are so under your body it gets used to it and does not warn you.Have a gycy between 6 and 7% is already well without having decline

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
08/31/2017 11:43 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.