Free Freestyle

david leon's profile photo   08/21/2017 1:01 p.m.

Hello, I have been using this system from which I am very happy for a month and I plan to always use it. The question is that I have already changed my daily punctures and what I have achieved is to have a rather low glycemia for hours and hours andwhich I am happy because they no longer give me those lows that gave me before.Well the question is ... I have days that I have glycemia at an average of 46-60 throughout my workday- 9.00 to 20.00 and I have also got it that during the night and early hours I have an average of 50-60, I know it is that it isDown but the question is that ... can it always be like this?That is, my glycolisada will be 5.4 and that makes me very happy, but I can get used to my body to always have a blood glucose like that of a non -diabetic?Does it have a secuandary effects to my body to always have sugar in those intervals?

david leon's profile photo
david leon
08/21/2017 1:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

These levels are considered hypoglyúcemia and if that is your usual glycemia of recent times, you are adulterated by such low values.By the way I do not know what you will carry in a diabetic or what you understand by normal glycemics of a non-diabetic, but for your information a non-diabetic person, does not have 50-60 glycemics, blood glucose in non-diabetic people varies according to me to eat andhow much.Having glycemia always so low causes that your body can sensitivity to perceive hypoglyúmia, but the most dangerous is being able to suffer severe hypoglyúcemia with loss of knowledge.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/21/2017 1:53 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I have been diabetic for many years since I was 23 and now I have 44, so imagine.I already know that a non -diabetic with that low glycemia collapses but I have achieved that with glycemia that can work without those lows that I had before.The truth is that I am happy, also as my free freestyle tells me throughout the night I have between 50-60 and I get up so quiet, some more low night but gives me a low headache to the kitchen I take a fruit juice andI return to sleep and get up with the sugar at 60-70.I believe that the best option is to prick the lantus twice and look at it as not to have it so low during the night but well I am excited.

david leon
08/21/2017 1:59 p.m.

So taking the time you have been knowing the risk that runs and more at night with those glycemics, that you are excited to run that risk?It seems very good to me, you will know.It used to your body to those levels, loses the sensitivity to perceive by this hypoglycemia (symptoms for example is a headache that you say gives you) and that you do not have any setback one of those nights that for any other of the many variablesThat they exist that modify glycemic levels and do not have severe hypoglycemia and we will see the tranquility where it is, for my opinion it is to risk a lot, but the risk like fear is free, so you yourself.The Free will be a very good system, but continues to limb in the lack of alarms in the absence of importance glycemics.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/21/2017 2:08 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I think your free gives you values ​​below the real. Have you looked at the difference with a capillary?
I have been with the Free for almost 2 years and the measures with the capillaries sometimes differ.
I agree with @"Luvi" being in continuous hypoglycemia is very bad for your body.Below 80 is considered hypo.A non -diabetic is usually between 80 and 90. I make my partner capillaries and those are their values.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/21/2017 2:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

There are 20 points of difference according to my device but even this is very good

david leon
08/21/2017 2:55 p.m.

To have as its glycemia of 50 60 regularly it seems nonsense.That you do not perceive the symptoms of the downturn does not mean that inside the organism is not suffering.I do not understand very well the sense of lowering more and more hemoglobin based on maintaining those levels of 50.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/21/2017 3:23 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Hello, forgive, a question regardless of the thread: does anyone sell freestyle sensor?Thank you.And by the way, I am with Ainhoa ​​and others.50-60 has an impact on the arteries at various levels, in addition to the risk due to the lack of perception

Paulescu's profile photo
Paulescu
08/21/2017 4:20 p.m.

LADA desde 2-2010/ 44 años
Lantus 16 u en tránsito a Toujeo / Novorapid 4/6/5

I thought it affected the arteries sudden changes of blood glucose and above all have high levels but not to have them low.

david leon
08/21/2017 5:34 p.m.

Can someone leave a link where it is said that maintaining low blood glucose levels is bad for health.Thank you

david leon
08/21/2017 5:41 p.m.

paulescu said:
hello, forgive, a matter of the thread: does anyone sell freestyle sensor?Thank you.And by the way, I am with Ainhoa ​​and others.50-60 I have an impact on the arteries at various levels, in addition to the risk due to the lack of perception
I bought the sensors online but the link got off and I measure it for my mobile

david leon
08/21/2017 5:43 p.m.

You should check the difference with hair glucose.Those values ​​that you put are very low.If it is because the Free Style always gives you 20 below the capillary you would be in values ​​of 70-80 and there I do not see it bad at all during the day but at night it can be dangerous.I am normally between 70-100 but I never let it go from 70 for security and to go to sleep I always look at around 100 and depending if the rapid will still take effect.In that case I have to eat something to compensate for what will lower the quick.
Also keep in mind that the difference with respect to the capillary varies from one sensor to another.I have had some that gave me values ​​above and others below.
I think you should reduce Lantus's dose to stay in safer values.Between 80-100 is very good and you will get glycosylated to a non-diabetic if you are 80-90% of the time in those values.Compensating the high peaks with declines is not a good idea, you run the risk of being unconscious in a descent and dying if there is no one to assist you.
Keep in mind that non -diabetics do not fall from 60 and if a healthy body maintains that value as the lower limit is for something.
If you want to improve glycosylated it is best to avoid high peaks with a diet without food that rises very fast glucose (sweets and food with added sugar, refined flours, juices and in general foods with high IG and high hydrates content).

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/21/2017 6:31 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Paulescu" forgive my ignorance but because you want to buy the freestyle sensor from a forum member ..?If you register on the free freestyle page there is no problem to buy them that I know no ...?

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/21/2017 10:04 p.m.

David Leon said:
Someone can leave a link where it is said that maintaining low blood glucose levels is bad for health.?Thanks

Link

It is to play it too much.Spee the hemoglobin to the fullest is great, but trying to minimize the hypos.And 50, 60 is not a "healthy" value, neither in diabetic nor in non -diabetic.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/22/2017 6:27 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

I think the same, those glycemia are very low.My daughter is in a hem of 6.1 but with 5% hypos, according to her endo is very good, to be in full hormonal revolution.Going down this hem based on continuous hypos does not compensate for me.I prefer a hem of 7 with hardly any hypos than one of 6 or less with constant hypos.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/22/2017 8:43 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

It also seems to me to play it a lot to be in such low values.Below 6.5% glycosylated you will not have complications, it is not necessary to be in hemoglobins of 5.4-5.5%.I have 6.1% and I always try to move in my day to day in glycemias between 100-130.It would be to go with the rope around my neck if I had to try to be in 70-80 all day, touching the hypoglycemia constantly.
And those values ​​that you have at night are dangerous, I am with @luvi in ​​everything that has told you ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
08/22/2017 9:09 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

My personal experience is that during the night I have flat blood glucose, that is, it does not go down to such an extent but is 50-70 throughout the night, the lantus is working very well in that sense, it is not that I follow itGoing down but keep it all night and during the day it only gets up to 150-180 after breakfast but then stabilizes and keeps it between 50-70.I have reduced the night lantus from 20 to 16 and it also keeps it at 60-80

david leon
08/22/2017 10:20 a.m.

What I mean is that with my change of habit with the lantus of 1 time a day to 2 times I maintain a glycemia very similar to that of a non -diabetic and that for me is important because in the last months the uncontrolled tube affecting thelegs, they told me that it was the beginning of diabetic peripheral neuropathy and for those who have not had it is quite uncomfortable.Since this these low glycems have taken away the discomfort of that neuropathy.

david leon
08/22/2017 10:22 a.m.

I had it, sorry

david leon
08/22/2017 10:23 a.m.

You can move in safer values ​​for you and somewhat higher and even if you climb the range your control will be optimal and you will not have more complications, I think this is what we have all wanted to tell you.You do not obsess yourself with being like a non -diabetico, because we are dyabetic and you cannot look for an impossible.We have to be in glycemia within a safe and good range and not in values ​​that suppose to be on the tightrope;To spend a night in 50 it is quite dangerous and a non -diabetico will not be in those figures, of course.

If you continue like this, you will lose (more) sensitivity to low glycemia (in fact you no longer have it that you can be with 60 hours and hours and you are fine ...) and one day, while you sleep or not, you can have a hypoglycemiaInadvertent and when you start noticing symptoms it will be when it can be late and you can have a serious hypoglycemia .. It is just a reflection, I do not want to say that this will happen, much less, but you must take it into account so that it never happens to you.Finding optimal control of diabetes is not being 50-70 all day ... quite the opposite, rather

JPR's profile photo
JPR
08/22/2017 11:48 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.