{'en': 'How to do to avoid postprandial peaks?', 'es': 'Cómo hacer para evitar picos postprandiales?'} Image

How to do to avoid postprandial peaks?

Dani Se's profile photo   08/29/2017 7:30 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I tell you that my son Tomi in some meals such as breakfast, if I measure it directly when he is going to have lunch is with reasonable figures of 120, 100 but if I measure it two hours after he had breakfast, he may find myself with figures like 200 or 240.

If I do not measure it postprandial I do not find out ... this issue has worried me and I do not want to become obsessed and be measuring it all day ... in other situations we count the CH and when measuring it two hours later it is high, how to handle the glycemic index????

I await your experiences.

Thank you!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
08/29/2017 7:30 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Hi, Dani76:

If two hours after a meal is obviously need to upload the rapid insulin ratio.And what happens after breakfast?When you see that it has a 200-240 mg/dl, do you put a rapid insulin correction or lower the glucose alone throughout the morning and it arrives well to the food?I tell you why breakfast is a slightly special meal for almost all and it is really difficult to avoid glucose peak, but many times it happens that glucose is normalized at 3 hours ...

Does this happen in all meals?It is important to control this since the high postprandial glucose repeatedly does if it can be a cause of future complications to take into account ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
08/29/2017 10:26 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

This happens at breakfast, but if I don't measure it, I don't find out because it comes with good values ​​to lunch, it rarely arrives high in a snack and from there, since snackAt dinner, but 4 hours later it is in less than 150 and I have to give him something, although he eats asleep is nothing pleasant.I apply 2 of Lantus 10.15 in the morning.Breakfast at 9

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
08/29/2017 10:56 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

I forgot, dawn with 90 or 100 and we applied two and a half of Lispro,

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
08/30/2017 12:07 a.m.

Argentina

Who solves this equation without bomb, prize.We have been trying for 4 years.My daughter is already 5 years old.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
08/30/2017 1:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Sometimes it is fixed by changing the type of breakfast hydrates for more slow ones ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/30/2017 4:06 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Difficult question.... I have half solved it by putting the fast one hour before breakfast.I have achieved that there are days without peak and others with a little, very low in the environment 150. Other step of 200 and lowers me 3 hours later.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/30/2017 7:28 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I usually wait about 15 minutes after clicking for breakfast but I have realized the free that independently of what breakfasts and the units that put me, I get an average of 100mg/dl, that is, if I get up in 100The peak is 200, in 130 peak of 230 and so on and at 3rd I am again in target, curious but it is so.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/30/2017 9:16 a.m.

It usually happens to almost all the same.I usually wait 20 minutes if I am in a target since I get the fast and I wait a little more if I am a little taller, but the same thing happens to me, the 200 times I see it many times, although then it falls quickly ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
08/30/2017 9:31 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

I am now breakfast scrambled eggs and coffee with a little milk and I do not give me any peak when it is little hydrate.Before breakfast oatmeal that is much slower than the rest of cereals and is also the most nutritious.You can try that to see how it is doing.There are many recipes online to make cookies, pancakes ... I made the typical porridge with a little milk and pure cocoa, they are quite rich.There are also many recipes that add fruit or nuts.
If you give it better milk if it is whole that by wearing more fat it makes sugars absorb more slowly.
Another option is Greek yogurt with fruit, fruit fiber and yogurt fat will make sugars slowly absorb.I really like banana or blueberries, but with almost any fruit it is good.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/30/2017 10:28 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I have been, with barely peaks after breakfast.I wear 4 units of fast insulin, and I take a glass of milk with coffee and a ration of toasted bread with butter and a jamI did not imagine it, but a forum partner told me that the butter slowed the climb and at least it happens to me .... In fact, if I take cookies, for example I almost certainly have peak, instead with the butter no.
It is also true, that as I get quite insulin for what as ... to 2 hours fixed, I have down.

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
08/30/2017 10:42 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

The problem of all these recipes is the laziness of doing them in the morning, when I wake up at 7 in the morning you always pull the easy and classic breakfast (coffee with milk, toasted with oil and oatmeal or maria cookie), if I have toMake some porridge with milk and cocoa or leave them at night or I would have to lift me at 5 in the morning I know that I am not going to do to avoid the morning beak.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/30/2017 10:43 a.m.

@"Dani76", with my daughter we had the same problem with breakfast, it was not a lack of fast because lunch arrived well, the peaks were almost 300, which we could see with the free.We change the type of breakfast many times for those.In our case we solve it by increasing the waiting time, in the end my daughter if you get up in normal values ​​needs 50 min waiting.So what I do is that I awake it, it is click and continue sleeping until it comes to getting up.As you have told you, you will have to try.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/30/2017 10:52 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thank you all !!!I'm going to start trying, in a little while (835 in the morning x here) my son is waken and I will measure and I will let it wait 10 minutes for breakfast.I will also try to make some oatmeal cookies tomorrow, but I never gave them the morning, I will try how it works, there is no way to incorporate butter, I wanted to give it hidden with jam up and realize,Breakfast: milk, 10 CH integral bread with mix seeds
(Made x Mi) Frutigranix cookie with fiber, 1 integral cookie and 1 cereals with a little sugar -free jam, sometimes 5 grs bodies without sugar, if I change any of this and add half a kiwi?Nuts does not want.
With everything they told me I have several sñalternatives to try, I don't have, continuous meter yet, calculate that x ten minutes of waiting will not happen.I will be very little by little, as is usually.
I felt bad because I felt that something was doing very bad that they gave him those peaks, but reading their experiences I feel better and I thank you very much and I am happy to have encouraged me to write and participate in forum.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
08/30/2017 1:51 p.m.

Argentina

@"Dani76" The butter can be incorporated into oat cookies so it will also be absolutely absolved and if you like it, then great.The fruit is always better than cereals, has more nutrients and fiber that makes it absorb slowly (although it depends on the fruit and each person).Breakfast cereals and bought cookies are quite bad, they have hardly any nutrients and the hydrates they bring are rapid absorption.If you change them for fruit or cookies made by you with oatmeal, surely it is better.But well everything is trying, to find what goes better to each one takes time.

Yessica_A
08/30/2017 2:06 p.m.

Hello, I tell you, as I work, my mother is the one who takes care of my son until I take him to the garden, I warn that the postprandial today was 126 !!!!!Apply insulin and wait ten minutes to breakfast, I also know that not every day they are the same, I will make oatmeal cookies, I will put butter in the preparation and also try how I feel at breakfast, and leave the cookies for the afternoon,since the snack postprandial does not give it peaks.
The question is, because nutritionists do not transmit these things or diabetologists?Thank you, thank you very much !!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
08/30/2017 5:41 p.m.

Argentina

@"Dani76" I believe that doctors and educators in diabetes have the problem that they have not lived directly with the disease (at least the vast majority).What they know is from books and the human body is very complicated.Each person works differently and not everyone serves the same things.Sometimes they insist that we do things in a way that we see that it doesn't work for us.They give general recommendations, which are what they have taught them, but then we have to experiment to find that it works better.That is why the tips that are usually given in this forum are very useful, come from the experience of each one and that is sometimes more useful than what the doctor or educator tells you at a general level.I do not say that you do not have to pay attention to the doctor, they are experts and their opinion always prevails about what any other can tell you.But when it comes to "truquitos" that come from the experience in the management of the disease, surely the patients know more than them.Whenever the tips are not something that looks like crazy things is fine to try and see if it works.
It must also be brought into account that in nutrition there are usually no absolute truths because what is doing well to another does not.It is not an exact science like others and what is now considered in a way may tomorrow with some other study that is done totally.For example, saturated fats were considered very bad and now it has been seen that saturated fats present naturally in food do not cause any health problem.
The most important thing is to learn everything you can on food, the effect of the different insulins, the effect of exercise ... So you will have the tools to test and find what your child works best.Luckily today we have all the information available and you only have to search and read.
And in the forum you have the experience of a lot of people who have gone through the same thing and can help you.

Yessica_A
08/30/2017 7:03 p.m.

Thanks Yesssi, totally agree with you !!!The tricks or tips are only learned from experience and generosity to transmit them.I live in a small town where there are no children with type 1 diabetes, therefore I have no exchanges, I feel very isolated, but encouraging me to write here made me and makes me feel accompanied.
Tomorrow I will try with the oatmeal cookies (with butter) for breakfast and see how it goes.
Thanks, thanks,

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
08/30/2017 7:14 p.m.

Argentina

Returning to the climbs, I told you last night we ate finite integral pizza with a lotIt was with the cream slowdown and thus avoid peaks !!But everything came upside down .. At 4 hours of dinner my son was 226 and today when he woke up 155 !!It usually dawns with 90-100.
Other times when you eat a paste
(noodles, sorrentinos) attempt that I share with tomatoes or some salad, the dessert that is with cream to slow down ... but I don't know if it's right ..
When he eats light and does not eat many Ch of dessert eats banana.
The nutritionist that we initially consulted us the importance of eating flour to mix them with something that slows to avoid the peaks ...
I ask you for help !!!!!
I am looking for a nutritionist, I live in a small town, I will have to plan a trip, and have consult with another new

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
08/31/2017 2:56 p.m.

Argentina

The pizza itself is slow and usually needs two fast insulin punctures to control it, a part of the insulin is placed before starting to eat and the other from the 60 minutes since you have eaten it.This food has two climbs, one immediate and a large and prolonged plateau type that occurs long after having eaten it, and that is responsible for what you tell, since it surely occurs when the action of rapid insulin had already ended.The person is responsible, and you say that you put a lot of cheese.

That type of meals, to control them, you have to separate the bolus into two, but you should establish the amount you need to metabolize it, according to your glucose curve.It is a matter of trying, like everything in diabetes.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
08/31/2017 3:33 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.