{'en': 'Jobs - work outdoors with diabetes', 'es': 'Trabajos - Trabajar en exteriores con diabetes'} Image

Jobs - work outdoors with diabetes

angelaruiz's profile photo   09/17/2017 5:11 p.m.

Hello,

I have left work for 6 months in the town hall the first month and a half I have been in the streets sweeping, with all the heat I had to carry for the insulin the fridge, another for food etc ..

The truth is a bad experience for my health, now I am within the public buildings but my fear is that they want to get me out of my header.

What would you do in my situation ???????

I await your answer.

Thank you!

angelaruiz's profile photo
angelaruiz
09/17/2017 5:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have been working on road conservation for twenty years, twelve of them as a diabetic and in Córdoba.This summer we have not dropped from 40 degrees and what I do is bring insulin in its corresponding ice with ice and all solved

rafaelcaballero's profile photo
rafaelcaballero
09/17/2017 5:47 p.m.

angelaruiz said:
hello I left work for 6 months in the town hall the 1 and a half month in the streets sweeping with all the heat had to carry the fridge another for food etc... The truth is a bad experience for my health, now I am within the public buildings but my fear is that they want to get out of my header from my header, I have done a proof to present it and do not change me. What would you doIn my situation ???????I await your answer thanks

I don't know how many posts I have read of inconvenience at work, it seems that none is doing well.It makes me funny and quote "the 1 month and a half state in the streets sweeping with all the heat I had to carry the fridge another for food etc. The truth is a bad experience for my health" For all diabetics his work is bad for his health because he is an extra to that burden that is to be with the comecome of "I will be good for glucose" and the fear of not having any scare.But you see all we cope with and end up adapting.I have never used diabetes, or any report for better conditions about my colleagues, because I do not feel different.I have never discharged, nor have I put my diabetes as a pretext to benefit from something and of course I do not want a treatment not to treat me differently.Like I think many, the vast majority.All the best

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/17/2017 7:33 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@Luvi does not make me funny any so funny that I think my comment, to answer these nonsense you better stay still because no truth helps

angelaruiz's profile photo
angelaruiz
09/17/2017 10:08 p.m.

I repeat you again @"angelaruiz" that we all have inconveniences or difficulties in our work (shifts, parties, physical work, etc ...) and we all have to adapt to combine our diabetes to our work.To show the partner @"Rafaelcaballero" is cold or is hot to be on the street and exposed to a risk, we all see the work they do.However for you if it is a bad experience for your health, it will be that for others not.For me and for everyone, it is a bad experience for our health every day, because every day is different.But nobody puts their diabetes for preferential treatment with respect to others.Sincerely and as I have said, it is not the first post of you complaining about this and sounds like the subject, which has been spoken a lot, of disability or disability = pension.I neither feel disabled, nor disabled, another thing is that the administration for certain jobs if I consider us incapable, something that we fight and demonstrate, that we are not able, but that we are equal or better than the others (understand byall who have good control and handling of it).I do not know, whether I will help or not, but what I will never do is believe other diabetics that we are incapable or disabled to work like any person who is not diabetic.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/18/2017 9:55 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

I agree with @"Luvi" that we all have inconveniences and difficulties both in our work and in many other day -to -day activities but I also refuse to consider me unable to perform a job or an activity just for having diabetes.It has never prevented me from doing anything, there are things that suppose me more effort than others but I don't want to give me facilities or treat me differently.It would seem badly to me that they give me a preferred treatment about my classmates because they were diabetic.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/18/2017 11:18 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

We are the fault of we have ourselves to say as much as you are perfectly capable of any work and a shit ... I am as an insulin diabetic dependent 30 years k are the k currently I have work in the street selling everythingThe day in full water etc etc and walking in March I got in coma 3 days in the UVI and asin and I no longer know how many times xk and the account of the account is not seen so we say k we are very capable and normal but the k emosStatus so not one or 3 times is not K we think we can't esk is the truth and it is already a few jobs in the previous gymnacio cleaners 8000 square meters for 2 people and I fell into a coma to the pool ifNo Yega Acer X A client did not be Oy Asiesk stop saying k we are so normal XK alomejor to be in an office sitting in the air if but another thing is these currese the diabetes k we have the time and others k ay people k noIt has nothing and charges very good pension I have a thousand things for this crap of disease and Aki I am always bad to be able to be quoting and eating basically

paquimacias's profile photo
paquimacias
09/18/2017 12:13 p.m.

One thing is that you do not have controlled diabetes and a very different one, that we are not able to work.I have worked on several jobs and none of them has been comfortable for me, the one who had no bad schedule, was of physical effort and that it was not to have to dance all day with the backpack with insulin, glucometer, juices, bars, gelsAnd the food.In all I have had to perform my work and control my blood glucose.But not because I have diabetes I have not had inability to do that job, what have I had hypoglycemia?Like all, that if none until the limit of losing knowledge because for that I have a thorough control of glycemia and I have what is necessary so that it does not occur.By the way I have also been with this shit for 30 years and I have nothing to be a consequence of it, I sacrifice me to be well and of course there is a lot of jewel that charges a pension for having nothing, but personally I do not want to be one ofThey and also paid and also quoted for more inri, if they throw me out of my work, I have no right to unemployment.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/18/2017 1:05 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

I have an office job and it is quite comfortable to carry good control but in my free time I do a lot of physical work activities and I have no problem.Of course, I do controls continuously to avoid them.I have made mountain routes of 2000 meters of slope accumulated in 8km and had no problem or scares.My sister, also diabetic, has ever come with me and the same.That if we all stopped control and eat if we needed and we had everything necessary to avoid problems.We have been able to follow the rhythm to the rest and diabetes has not meant any limitation.
I also made the Camino de Santiago 8 days and we walked between 25-30 km every day and I didn't have any problems for diabetes.When I lived with my parents, I have also had to help with field tasks and I have spent hours in the sun collecting fruit or potatoes and the same.
For diabetes you can end up in the emergency room being quietly on the couch, if you carry bad control it doesn't matter if you work or are at home, you will have problems.
In order not to have problems in the activity that is needed many controls, knowing your body well, the effect of insulin, calculating well what you eat, carry everything you need for a hypo ... is a lot of extra effort but can be doneAnd I do not want anyone to give me anything to have diabetes.I want them to treat me as the rest and period.That there are people who take advantage of the system to get a pension do not seem justification to ask the diabetics to give us one.I certainly do not want it, I prefer to strive and win it working.It would seem bad that they considered me less capable of working just for that.I will be less capable of many things than others but not for my diabetes, it will be because it is less ready, it is less prepared ... or whatever but not by diabetes.

Yessica_A
09/18/2017 1:40 p.m.

Please respect all opinions.Do not have all the same point of view, as is the case of the driving license.
Let everyone express yourself, many times you need a shoulder to support us and someone who listens to us, or simply tell, and this does not go for anyone.
If we all thought the life would be boring.
By the way I have the disability for being of the ancients and I do not take advantage of Identity a little for rent.I don't have to pay more than a non -diabetic for having the driving license?Having real private insurance cannot.
Let's share information and that's it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/18/2017 4:02 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Reading the different opinions, which I believe that each one is, everyone lives and crosses something differently, but when I start reading my feeling it was at first, when my son is great and has to work how he will do?Ask that X Be 5Justifying with his diabetes, I do not want to convey that by having diabetes he will not be able, I wantKnowing and this if I am distressing, I hope to be able to convey all this, because when he is going to play football, although his dad accompanies him, I worry, I get bad, and little by little I am releasing him, I started withPsychologist because I don't want to protect it, I don't want to challenge him for fear of getting up or going down, and many more things ... I don't want to convey this.You don't have to "disable" from my short experience and from Angelaruiz heart you should consult with a psychologist and have your space where to work all this that happens to you to be able to live better emotionally, because let's not forget that the emotional influences our lives always.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/18/2017 4:54 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

I respect those who believe that by having diabetes they cannot do certain jobs, each one will know what they are capable of doing or not.What does not seem good to me is that you speak on behalf of all diabetics saying that we cannot do certain things like the rest.That someone is not trained by their illness does not mean that we are all in the same situation.I believe that no diabetic should be given a pension or preferred treatment due to being diabetic.It can be given for other reasons but not for that.That is something that harms us all and makes them see us as less capable and I do not certainly do not consider myself less capable of having diabets.
If working they faint and end in the emergency room several times, because if I think you can ask that they change to another less physical position but that is not for having diabetes, it is because they have a bad control of diabetes, which is not the same.
@"Dani76" has to be very hard for parents to have to see their children fighting this disease but never make you think that your child will not be able to do what he wants in life.There are many things that will cost much more effort than others but if he believes he can, he will find a way to do it.The important thing is that you learn everything you can about how to wear good control and with that you will manage to do what you want.

Yessica_A
09/18/2017 6:33 p.m.

Yesssica, that is, very hard as a mother, today I am sensitive with this issue, while I read some tears they escaped ... but I have something very clear and that is when you want something ... there you have to go, withDiabetes, without diabetes ... I hope I achieve it as a mother in my son!Thank you

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/18/2017 7:38 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

And do not hesitate that if you propose @"dani76" you will get it, I am in the same case as you, fighting for my son and I have no doubt that with dedication and effort, everything is achieved.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/18/2017 7:47 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

I do not have poorly controlled diabetes or less k you are taking conclusions without giving each body is a world and this disease like others affects each Kien in a different way my father does not overcome the glycosilada of 6.5Kedando blind that without counting the 3 infarcts and if we are as capable as you say how many firefighters how many civil guards etc.Let's see in a forest fire k does not give you time to breathe how you stop to eat click you control etc ???Let's see if we are going to know but all k the doctors k I took the town hall 6 with those of infoca and I tied my colleagues with ropes to xk when I stretched they already knew what something did not go well and one thing is to walk and approach things xYou know when I know how to eat pinx etc k to be piecework working for another no comparison and I do not say that we all be useless or anything but each one is a world and it seems very unfair to do people charging a paste x xPegos and I k I get in a coma every 2 x 3 I have no facilities to find adequate job and aora comes the foreigners and we solve the life in 2 weeks that I am very kewd with this and to hear these things that you know how you know howI have the diabetes k I am the nose of Bunjiyo de Indias for new studies of things, they will voluntarily come out that if

paquimacias's profile photo
paquimacias
09/18/2017 9:36 p.m.

Yesssica_a said:
I have an office job and it is quite comfortable to wear good control but in my free time I do a lot of physical work activities and I have no problem.Of course, I do controls continuously to avoid them.I have made mountain routes of 2000 meters of slope accumulated in 8km and had no problem or scares.My sister, also diabetic, has ever come with me and the same.That if we all stopped control and eat if we needed and we had everything necessary to avoid problems.We have been able to follow the rhythm to the rest and diabetes has not meant any limitation.
I also made the Camino de Santiago 8 days and we walked between 25-30 km every day and I didn't have any problems for diabetes.When I lived with my parents, I have also had to help with field tasks and I have spent hours in the sun collecting fruit or potatoes and the same.
For diabetes you can end up in the emergency room being quietly on the couch, if you carry bad control it doesn't matter if you work or are at home, you will have problems.
In order not to have problems in the activity that is needed many controls, knowing your body well, the effect of insulin, calculating well what you eat, carry everything you need for a hypo ... is a lot of extra effort but can be doneAnd I do not want anyone to give me anything to have diabetes.I want them to treat me as the rest and period.That there are people who take advantage of the system to get a pension do not seem justification to ask the diabetics to give us one.I certainly do not want it, I prefer to strive and win it working.It would seem bad that they considered me less capable of working just for that.I will be less capable of many things than others but not for my diabetes, it will be because it is less ready, it is less prepared ... or whatever but not for diabetes.

@yessica_a, I understand that you speak from your personal experience when you say that to make routes of several km, stages of the way of Santiago, slopes etc etc etc has not been any problem, but my experience of many years sharing life with diabetic@s m has seenThat all that accounts easy has nothing, rather on the contrary, I do not say that it cannot be done, but if it costs a lot, many adjustments, much calculate, much think, and many times despite being super good control@, having calculated everything, moved insulin, modified intakes etc. you go so richly to your gym, or run, or kick the city, and an unexpected downturn t fuck the day.Easy has nothing, and presenting a sweetened and exaggeratedly optimistic vision makes those who know the real difficulties, we are face of fool or think that we do something wrong.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
09/19/2017 3:08 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

@"Ainhoa" I think you have misunderstood me.At no time have I said it is easy, I have said that it can be done.But of course it is not easy, you have to make a great extra effort that non -diabetics do not have to do, but you can.
I also give me dirty sometimes when I go to the gym or go out to walk, but I don't think I can't do it.I take something to go up and that's it.It gives me a lot of anger and sometimes I get angry when despite doing everything "good" I get a downturn or a climb but that is why I stop doing what I want or I think I am not able.I take the measures that are and keep trying.That something costs you much more than the rest does not mean that you cannot do it.
I do not say that everyone has to be able to do those things, of course not.Not everyone has the same capabilities or preparation.But that has nothing to do with the fact of having diabetes.Some of the non -diabetics who have come to me to a mountain route have had a lot of worse than me to get many times.And I have once loaded some time with another's backpack to rest.Surely that person without having diabetes, have felt much more limited than me at that time.
What I mean by this is that for me diabetes does not imply an impediment to do what you want.It is much more effort but it is not a limitation.
I agree that life with diabetes is much more complicated than without it but I don't think it prevents you from doing anything you would have been able to do if you did not have it.

Yessica_A
09/19/2017 4:02 p.m.

good afternoon everyone!It is my first time in the forum.

I've been living with DM1 17 years without any complication.It is not that it takes the best control of the world but the analytics and controls performed were always good and, really, I am trained to perform any activity that proposes or perform any work equal or better than anyone.Obviously, I agree with what you say in some comment that each person is a world and I am sure that no one affects the same things equally, so each one must learn to control with their experiences and know where their limits are.Of course we have a handicap towards non -diabetic people, but that's why we are going to give up?I don't.

Now, I do not agree with the exclusions of works simply for having diabetes.Sometimes we seem to spread they are saying that we are diabetics.I think we all have to row in the same direction and try to change the idea that society has of diabetics.Achiencing Pegas and Problems already put us to access many jobs to throw stones on our roof.

On the other hand, if I think they should help us to place ourselves in administration jobs.Where we had to approve an opposition, but if you have a little advantage over the rest of society, simply for the reason that millions of doors close to diabetes, at least they open any not?Not everything is to row against the countercurrent ....

Greetings from Galicia.

david87's profile photo
david87
09/19/2017 7:36 p.m.

We are going to see @"David87" you cannot be in Mass and replicating the bells, on the one hand you look trained to perform any work and despite the exclusion/ obstacles of those who govern or make the laws you follow/ We continue forward.But on the other hand you want an advantage over the places for the administration, with 2 c ..... it is.Everyone who looks or feels as he wants, but I personally do not want, nor do I need an advantage over others.Since I was diagnosed, he is condemned, the first thing I promised myself is that it was not a reason for sorry or weakness.Whoever asks for the disability and then access the squares reserved for decapacitated, will also get the card to park in special places and will have a benefit at the time of the statement.But for registration purposes it will be a disabled, sits or not, but it will appear in the databases.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/19/2017 9:20 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

Luvi ... You for being diabetic, weigh or do not weigh you, you have a disability, so clear.And you can get upside down, legs down ... The State recognizes a disability.And if the State recognizes it, you have it (like all the diabetics ... or the one who does not see an eye, or is deaf, or ...).And starting from that, of that disability that you have, you do not confuse disability with pension ... here people are wrong.You can have a recognized disability, how I or you (if you ask for it ... it doesn't matter if you're fine and you're a very strong uncle ... with your report they will tell you that you have disability), but you don't reach 33% legal, forgot about pensions ... but I favor you in certain issues such as deducting, paying less in certain things ... and you will say that you do not want that "advantage", because nobody forces you, despite being disabled (andAgain understand "disabled" with having a 20 or 25% recognized disability ... that it is not worth it, to give you a palmadita and tell you that you have a fat problem, but no advantage) ... because to me that money thatI can save me if I would do very well to pay me my dexcom even if I did not arrive, for example.And if I consider it fair that you have certain advantages because of the problem I have (fat), because because of that problem for example, you cannot or get a RPA operator card (drones) ... because you are a disabled!I understand your point of view, I have worked all my life like any other (or more), with their serious problems ... but you should not refuse to see our limitations regarding a healthy person (because we have them physical, and legal).And if there are jobs that can be a problem (overlap) for a diabetic.
And you do not confuse that by having recognized a disability of 33% they will give you a parking space ... You are wrong.
I insist, you, as a diabetic, you are a disabled one, consists or not ... I already tell you, try to take out the drone pilot certificate and you will see what they tell you thanks to your diabetes.
I have already fought several times to get 33%.... They leave you at the doors recognizing that if you have a disability ... but you do not reach that, and insist I insist forgetting yourself with pensions! It has only certain economically advantageous effects... But don't worry ... that it is not an advantage! Because if I have to spend 300 euros per month in my dexcom ... and reduce the autonomous fee for ej for that "disability.".. In the end I still win less than another autonomous just like me (I spend on Dexcom, he doesn't).So disabled, and on top of that, as it has always been, I win less than my coworkers ... because I have to palmar 300 euros a month of my pocket, that they do not, for my illness.Don't you think it a bit unfair?Of course, the ideal would be for the SS to pay the DEXCOM or continuous meters ... but as it does not, the unusual method to try to compensate for that expense (which you do not compensate) considers.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
09/24/2017 11:30 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.