{'en': 'Alcohol, can I drink or not?', 'es': 'Alcohol, puedo beber o no?'} Image

Alcohol, can I drink or not?

raquelpvdiab28's profile photo   11/04/2016 3:19 p.m.

Hello good morning.I am 22 years old.The first thing they told me a year ago when I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes was that I forgot about alcohol.Since then I have not tried anything. There are times when I would have a beer.

Do you know any that do not upload the values ​​much?And what would happen if I ever had a drink of rum?

Thank you!

raquelpvdiab28's profile photo
raquelpvdiab28
11/04/2016 3:19 p.m.

Diabética Tipo 1 desde Noviembre de 2015.

Hello!I am 26 years old and I have 10 with diabetes.Alcohol is harmful to everyone, that is clear.Another thing is, with 22 years, that you cannot have a beer from time to time (in my opinion, an occasional beer in principle will not harm you, but you will have to value it by knowing you).The truth is that I can only tell you about how I act in my body, blood glucose rises but very little.In principle, a beer has 8 or 9 g of HC more or less (standard, then depends on beer too ..) But of course, it must be taken into account that alcohol lowers blood glucose.Therefore, if you take one day, control yourself more later to prevent hypos and hyper.
To take a cubata, I would not do the truth, since there are many more degrees of alcohol that lower the blood glucose with soda that increases it.In principle you would put yourself high and then go down when the liver being metabolizing alcohol.(I do not know if with just a cubata this situation is also given or one can be taken without problem, it will depend on the person ..).Of course, remember that if you drink alcohol and you have severe hypoglycemia, glucagon does not work, you have to call 112.
What I ever take at some occasional meal is a white or two wine and I have not noticed that it affects me glycemia, but of course we are different.

Greetings!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
11/04/2016 3:59 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

In the course he went, they taught us to tell the hydrated Blablaba, they never told us that we could not drink, but of course these English take away their paintings and commit suicide, but that we drink in moderation and that the first pint we did not tell, we would not tell,If not, we will start counting the following and put ourselves half an insulin unit for each pint and always eat before and control the sugar later.In Spain it goes through bottles and cans so I don't know very well how the measure will be there ...

But well that in my case I drink little.At most two you paint if I leave the party, that I do not leave much because I work the weekend, and very little times vodka with orange, but millions of years ago that I do not even take it ...

In summary, better not to drink but if you drink control blood glucose and always eat something !!

Anasyx's profile photo
Anasyx
11/04/2016 5:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Average for each pint only?Of course, each one depends on the sensitivity to the insulin he has and the ratio and that ... but because you say it seems to be said as a very general norm.
For now I put 1 unit per cane (approximately 1 third, sometimes more, depends on the generous of the premises), and for now it does not go wrong.I have always taken them with tapas and 2 or 3 at most for now.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
11/04/2016 6:01 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

If of course, that is the general norm, then we saw how we went to us and that we adapted it.Not everyone will affect us in the same way;)

Anasyx's profile photo
Anasyx
11/04/2016 7:39 p.m.

Without a doubt what best is going to me, I don't notice just change in glycemia and worse, cuabatas, diabetological education nurses say that taking one with normal soda and another with light refreshment and always trying to eat something, I personally shoot my sugar in a scandalous and rare way is the time they give me hypoglycemia so if I drink without a doubt I take wine

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/05/2016 12:52 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

It is clear, alcohol is nothing healthy.But making that, the dry champange and the wine, they don't modify anything.When I go out and drink a cup it is gin with zero lemon kas, not fast and re -use (alcohol plus dance = hamburger before sleeping).And for the.Tomorrow I have 90. Of course .., we are dancing: D

pochola's profile photo
pochola
11/05/2016 5:57 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

I count 1r by cane and somewhat less d 2r per can, more than, that we are good alcohol is not for anyone, but like everything in this life ... as long as it is not taken in excess, we accept boat !!Ha ha
The main thing when it comes to drinking alcohol in my view, never with empty stomach, make more glycemia than other times, or watch more if you carry a meter, to avoid a fat hyp. And not correct in excess because at first it goes up,So drink yes, but in moderation.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/06/2016 1:20 a.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@raquelpvdiab28 In general it is better not to drink alcohol, but if you control glucose levels, a beer should not be a problem.

In any case, this topic has enough comments in the forum, and you will see many other recommendations if you read these issues:

Type 1 beer and diabetes - Diabetes
... I have recently met a diabetic who claims to drink beer daily without affecting ... time, also considering that he can produce hypoglycemia by having alcohol..... how well to know that some can take myself.
Link
alcoholic beverages.- Questions about diabetes
How does alcohol affect the blood glucose of a diabetic?... And at most, a couple of those mini -underground in one night ........ Hoiga's hand, I can drive .... on weekends (one or two days in a row) and in the end I decided to letof drinking.
Link
Drink the weekend and parties - Questions about diabetes ...
Nov. 2010 ... The doctor told me that when I go to a bar I have to drink for ... you have to drink it with normal cocacola, since alcohol on, ... they are already quite low (60-50) I can't risk much more.
Link
Doubts about alcohol - Diabetes Questions
Doubts about alcohol.... I do not usually drink but that day if I feel like, I can drink any glass after ... after dinner could I drink again?
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
11/06/2016 11:22 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello!I am 67 years old, 9 with DM1 diabetes and I assure you that no one is going to take away a summer cane.In life with or without diabetes everything in moderation.Good control and better common sense.

silverA's profile photo
silverA
11/08/2016 6:06 p.m.

A ask, if I drink a normal beer bottle and then.VO.A.COMER, WHEN IT?Greetings thanks

almuvaldes22's profile photo
almuvaldes22
02/14/2021 1:27 p.m.

Sugarsugar

@almovaldes22

Complicated question!It depends a lot on beer and quantity that you drink.The problem is that in normal beer carbohydrates does not come in the vast majority, while in the Sin (q has many more carbohydrates) usually comes.So are things

Seyun the boards, a 200 cc beer, glass or cane, is almost a ration of carbohydrates.A third of beer around 1.3 rations.Complicated quantity.But it depends a lot on how you are before!Test and error

But in theory yes, you have to tell beer!Keep in mind that it enters very fast, but alcohol slows it down a bit

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/14/2021 1:47 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@almuvaldes22

Complicated question!It depends a lot on beer and quantity that you drink.The problem is that in normal beer carbohydrates does not come in the vast majority, while in the Sin (q has many more carbohydrates) usually comes.So are things

Seyun the boards, a 200 cc beer, glass or cane, is almost a ration of carbohydrates.A third of beer around 1.3 rations.Complicated quantity.But it depends a lot on how you are before!Test and error

But in theory yes, you have to tell beer!Keep in mind that it enters very fast, but alcohol slows it down a bit

Thank you ... what I have done ea. Take the beer, it has been just a bottle, eating a little ham, there was A.100, to see how much it goes up ... and according to how this time of xomer ..I will put the insulin according to the Rac Q.Vaya A.Che and correcting the.wxcess of the beer ... it is the first time that I drink 1 beer since Q debut 7 months ago .. Jj..graxias

almuvaldes22
02/14/2021 1:51 p.m.

Sugarsugar

If you like beer, what I do is take advantage of when I'm somewhat low, between 80-90 and then I drink a good glass of beer and then I'm going for a walk.In my case I do not need any correction.I have proven that half an hour of walking is "eat" beer!I call it small diabetic pleasures !!

According to my wife, sometimes I caused myself to stay under to drink beer!Well, it's not that I do it on purpose .. but if it comes out like this!:)

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/14/2021 2:46 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

almovaldes22 said:
jldiazdel said:
@almovaldes22222222222222222

Thank you ... what I have done ea. Take the beer, it has been just a bottle, eating a little ham, there was A.100, to see how much it goes up ... and according to how this time of xomer ..I will put the insulin according to the Rac Q.Vaya a.Che and correct the.wxcess of the beer ... it is the first time that I drink 1 beer since I debute 7 months ago .. JJ..graxias

Because of the way of writing if it has sat you well, yes ...: D

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
02/14/2021 8:39 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

: D

almuvaldes22
02/14/2021 9:26 p.m.

Sugarsugar

Today this topic will come to me "from pearls", I have dinner and drinks, tomorrow I tell you how the night ends.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

fer's profile photo
fer
09/27/2024 8:23 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The liver function is to release glucose little by little throughout the day we put a basal insulin to put that glucose inside the cells.
Alcohol blocks the liver and at the beginning lowers glucose, because we have a slow insulin working but when alcohol stops effecting all glucose, hyperglycemia comes out.This happens to us and those who are not diabetic so when there is an ethyl coma they look at you the tension
and glucose.
Remember alcohol first down and then go up.
If you are going to start cubatas, do not ask for Coca-Cola Zero.Mas is worth a hyper than a hiccup.
It is very difficult to get out of hypoglycemia caused by alcohol.
I have seen some ...

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
09/27/2024 8:57 p.m.

Well, I confirmed that I survived at night, I did not happen with alcohol, but they fell a couple of Gintonics, I took them with normal tonic and I was controlling the glucose all the time, not so bad!😋

fer's profile photo
fer
09/28/2024 11:48 a.m.

Ole, ole, ole I am with a tank to overcome a hypo of 59 ... I had a thousand that I did not drink beer, I do not exaggerate if they are not more than 7 years.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/28/2024 1:27 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.