{'en': 'Alcohol, can I drink or not?', 'es': 'Alcohol, puedo beber o no?'} Image

Alcohol, can I drink or not?

raquelpvdiab28's profile photo   11/04/2016 3:19 p.m.

If you control it if you can drink without having a clear and with the pen near to get the chute and watch the sensor readings that do not rise, that's the penalty, but drink can you

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
09/28/2024 8:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I ever take a cane or a wine, and I have not had any problem with the rise or down, it is normal, and the hemoglobin gets perfectly 6.1.After the cane summer.
It does not mean that you get blind, but a cane or glass of wine does not harm

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/29/2024 12:23 p.m.

In the diet models that have always given me it came that a glass of wine could be taken up to date.It is that nobody raised it, it was normal.As I started with 10 years in the first, they labeled it, a few years later not even that.

uma's profile photo
uma
09/30/2024 10:10 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

I think alcohol does not provide any benefit.The message of the Ministry of Health is quite clear about it: the less, the better

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
09/30/2024 10:33 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Hello, I was 31 when they diagnosed me, the first week they told me not to drink alcohol because it is not known whether it goes up or down (the same said for the exercise).

At the time I saw clear patterns and I try to use them in my favor, for example, when I go to a restaurant and I know that I am going to eat rice or fried, I take two glasses of white wine during the food and it does not make me peak (I have not yet carriedrapid insulin).

Of course, the beer I had to remove it, because however little I took, I got a lot.Maybe you can try one from the Mercadona, the soft, but of course, they do not have.Now when I ask wine, I came with homemade or gin and as I see what level I am, if I am low I ask me with lemon fanta and if I am more pulling, with tonic.

If you drink a drink of rum, let's say the alcohol about the sugar that the drink itself can have (what the alcohol does is that the stomach paralizes or slows down the production of sugar, if I am not mistaken), if you mix itWith Cocacola 0, it will lower you or keep you stable (depending on what you have eaten before).You never drink with an empty stomach.

See little by little.

Name's profile photo
Name
09/30/2024 11:08 a.m.

DM1 mayo 2024 (31 años)
Toujeo 5uds

What difference is there between a tonic and a fanta of lemon, speaking of sugars?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
09/30/2024 12:43 p.m.

I usually drink rum with zero tail (never with sugar) on weekends.Maybe 3 or 4 fall when I leave.
I have never had problems with the descents (thanks especially to the sensor).I try to be about 150-160 when I start drinking and I control with the sensor.If you take a fried potato or something.
At 7-8 hours of having started drinking, the sugar is usually lowered, but we are going nothing that is not solved with a chocolate shake and some white bread or cookies.

PD: This week they have been the town holidays and for 3 days all afternoon and night eating and drinking without too much problem.
Summary: an average of 124 mg of sugar with 97% in rank and no hypo notable, to the least approaching me to 100-110mg to chop anything.

That said, each one is affected in a different way, so ID carefully and do not make the madman that as they have said a serious hypo by alcohol consumption is no joke.

Another thing, when I take alcohol but never use fast insulin, neither before or after eating or to correct.I only use slow at night.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
09/30/2024 1:45 p.m.

Like everything in life you can't abuse.Not much, not a little!A balance!I have been with the DM1 for more than 20 years and I like to drink when I leave, but I avoid beer, champagne and came, for the amount of disparate carbohydrates that carry in the different types ..

Normally I make Jack Daniel's + Cola Zero and luxury!If one day you spend, watch the descents!Every 4 kubatas, one with normal tail !!

A hug!

mrastra's profile photo
mrastra
10/06/2024 8:27 a.m.

mrasra said:
like everything in life cannot be abused.Not much, not a little!A balance!I have been with the DM1 for more than 20 years and I like to drink when I leave, but I avoid beer, champagne and came, for the amount of disparate carbohydrates that carry in the different types ..

Normally I make Jack Daniel's + Cola Zero and luxury!If one day you spend, watch the descents!Every 4 kubatas, one with normal tail !!

A hug!

And every 8 a new bottle, hahahaha

Aristarco's profile photo
Aristarco
10/06/2024 2:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.