{'en': 'Night hyperglycemia in a three -year -old girl', 'es': 'Hiperglucemias nocturnas en niña de tres años'} Image

Night hyperglycemia in a three -year -old girl

mariah14's profile photo   11/12/2016 8:34 a.m.

I would like to ask you because I'm already a little desperate ...

I tell my three-year-old daughter every night from 12 or thus glued tremendous rushs have taken right or not (just take it if at 2 hours of dinner it has less than 90-100) and reaches 250And if it has had a low one before it rises much more (as yesterday that we had it to trace with juice because it was less than 70 to two hours of dinner and has reached 380).

I have two theories: one is that it takes a lot to digest and when the insulin peak ends it continues and another that is something hormonal of growth (which according to its endocrine would be a phenomenon of antialba or something said)

Has it happened to you?Tell me experiences and solutions please !!

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/12/2016 8:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Mariah14 that insulina and what time do you put them ..?With Tresiba, something similar happened to me after dinner, glymia was shot without apparent reason, with Toujeo does not happen to me, the same is something hormonal, there is no me, I say it in case it serves as a reference.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/12/2016 12:32 p.m.

Use Lantus Júnior 5u in the morning

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/12/2016 6:21 p.m.

@Mariah14 I would ask the endo, it can be a hormonal issue, it may be that it lacks fast insulin at dinner, they can be rebounds for hypos as you comment ... I would not dare to tell you anything sure.Do you carry a curve sensor?I could help you

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/12/2016 6:52 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

It might need more lantus .., how do you wake up?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/12/2016 7:18 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

With 3 years I would not touch any insulin or schedule without consulting the endocrin@ or educator@

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/12/2016 8:57 p.m.

I think how my colleagues would go to endo.Each one is a world and is very tiny, our advice could perhaps worse the situation more.
If you can access an MCG with alarms, it would be great for the tranquility you can give you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/12/2016 11:04 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

We already commented to the endo and it was not sure if it is hormonal or because it takes a long time to eat and its metabolism is slower ... faster at dinner I do not believe because I already say that sometimes at two hours it is low ..Effect of a hiccup is not always because it also occurs without low price and without right (although to a lesser extent) and the lantus because there are days that rises well and other times high depending on how the rush ...

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/13/2016 4:18 p.m.

@jconegar is with the free xq that of com gets budget ...

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/13/2016 4:19 p.m.

Dexcom wanted to put

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/13/2016 4:20 p.m.

mariah14 said:
@jconegar is with free because that of com gets budget ...
>

Well the important thing is that you can see how you behave, there you are to take care of it.
Be careful with juices and quantity, some are true pumps.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/13/2016 5:12 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Look to see what dinner is good, maybe faster hydrates ..., milk with cereals ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/14/2016 12:01 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

My son (3 years), which is not yours but I explain to you, I go down up to 50 the trace as nothing more with a maria or 100ml cookie, if at two hours of dinner it is above 100 I do not give itNothing, I do not do anything, if it is below 100 I put a temporary basal of two hours at 80%.

So young children go back faster the lows, do not need candy -like sweets such as us, adults.

If my son is 70 after 2 hours of dinner I give him 100ml of milk, and that's it.
I can not give it so fast absorption juice, since the sensitivity to HC is so high.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
11/14/2016 9:40 a.m.

Hello,
In relation to what why ... there are many possibilities, and I ask myself the same questions and I can't find out the causes (yes some things, but that only serve me), because this is a very complex issue where there are many unknown variablesand other known and uncontrollable.Hormonal variations affect a lot, in the case of adult women.In a matter of children, I think it will be the pediatrician or endocrine who should know about the subject and do not know enough.So with our experiences we will learn and they :)
By the way, slow digestion issues can also affect, of course;But slow digestion can be for diverse reasons: hydrates that take longer to digest (such as cereals and whole wheat bread, which is much more nutritious, but slower digestion), but also other factors that are combined, and that leave thething out of our reach;for the moment.And, of course, stress;Much more than we think is stress the cause of many "pains."

But it seems important to me what Aranzazuleg says, in relation to how hypos date back: she says that it happens to children that they go back faster than adults.It is possible.In that case my interior diabetic is a child: tracing a 60 or 65 with an entire sugar -free zumito (20 HC) or with a glucose gel envelope (15 HC) puts me in more than 300. And I quickly get sick.I get out of pain to enter another.I tell you this, because it is similar to what you tell;It is a matter of greater or lesser degree of sensitivity.If in children that sensitivity is greater than in adults, then it is about testing until you find the amount with which to overcome.As Aranzazuleg says, it can be a cookie, or it can only be half a zumito, or it can be a third of Zumito and when the cookie then climbs a little ... only tests.

And many spirits and very calm with your girl.A hug, and I hope you can solve it soon.

imara's profile photo
imara
11/14/2016 3 p.m.

@Mariah14 As I all tell you that you talk to the endocrine or endocrine, I would bet because the lantus does not get well but namely.Regarding what you say about a metabolic issue or slow digestions, in my case, since I was diagnosed by hypothyroidism almost two years ago, my digestions are very slow and my metabolism has slowed down a barbarity but not for that reason the levels ofglucose.All the best!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/14/2016 5:23 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

An example of this last night, 00:30 my son with 59, 150gr solution of milk, result at 8:00 of the Mñn of 89.
We after many downs and rebounds have taken the point, you just have to get that, take the point to your daughter.

If I was the one who took 59, I should have eaten something with sugar, such as a flan, or two chocolates, chocolate cookies .... Of course I do not upload the low and I endure the entire night with 150gr of milk.

aranzazuleg
11/15/2016 10:51 a.m.

@Anzazuleg Taking the point is very good to carry a more or less controlled routine but next week that routine does not be worth it at all and my insulin or glucose needs vary as from night to day.

I with 59mg/dl and if the trend is descending, given the doubt better that it is descending, I am going for sugar, isostar or coca-cola that is the most quickly upload the blood glucose, if I am going down andI take a flan, 2 chocolates or chocolate cookies I am already on the floor for when they take effect, with the chocolate experience or chocolate cookies they go up but take a long time to climb so for a hiccThey are worth me ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/15/2016 12:41 p.m.

Of course, each one is a world, but if we are so different I do not tell you in such young children, the sensitivity is very high both in the insulin that you put them and in what they eat.

aranzazuleg
11/15/2016 1:18 p.m.

Mine is small and with 59 sugar yes or yes.As it is ascent and fast ... UFFF I correct with fast or we do not arrive and from 18 months we have enough experience.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
11/15/2016 3:34 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Thank you for all the advice chic@s !!!
I give it to the HIPOS as 50ml of Sumo or a 2-3gr sugar.I tried in his day with chocolate smoothie that they told me and nothing, 15 min later kept going down ... so it has to be something fast and dp cookie or bread, what happens that sometimes the rebound is tremendous ...
At night if it does not come up, it is usually uploaded to 200-250 if or if so that I think of something hormonal.
I will continue investigating and testing.
Thanks again, you are a great support

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/15/2016 4:24 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.