{'en': 'Prick the wrong insulin', 'es': 'Pincharse la insulina equivocada'} Image

Prick the wrong insulin

Antonio Alarcon's profile photo   11/19/2016 1:55 p.m.

I retire, give up, write it is not the thing and it is not understood, I think that only @Fer has caught what he meant.Ha ha.Well, you may also, but then I don't understand the method haha.
@Pinkunicorn is that that, I am a little obsessed lately with removing them, although sometimes the fucking are resisting.And if you have already made it parriba.Sometimes when he turns it, he does not come down again.But what a nonsense is all this, it was only because of the doubt that I was considered when reading the method of this man, hahaha.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
11/21/2016 10:36 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

@Miexron we are paired :))
Insulin confuses us> :)

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
11/21/2016 11:04 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Now I have understood it well!Of course, no matter how purgues, you always start at 0.
For the novorapid, you delete the high numbers (in the case of my son, I should erase from 15 up).
For the Levemir, you delete the low numbers (in my case, from 20 down).

GuayI like it.Thanks for sharing it.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
11/22/2016 9:45 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Ah of course.I am more silly ... so many punctures and it does not fall that it always starts at zero in the pen "spends."Oju if I'm thickness eh ... a thousand forgives

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
11/22/2016 10:07 a.m.

Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

@Miexron, I don't know if everything is already clarified, but I have laughed when reading.
If you see that the bubble does not leave, hit the bolí with the needle up and the bubble will disappear: D

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/22/2016 1:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Haha, if everything already clarified @anaisabel has been aturulming mine haha.I do to throw it to tap and then puro, but sometimes when the flip to click me again, or the same or a clear clone, and then I repeat operation (or step and punish me)

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
11/22/2016 1:42 p.m.

The bubble chasing you :)) :)););

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/22/2016 1:49 p.m.

It serves me that the bolis are of different gray color lantus and beige Humalog, although it is worth mentioning that I am so automated that I inject myself and after a while I stay thinking whether it injected me or not.
I usually write the amount of fast in the phone notes but the lantus 34 units there are times that confuses me and given the doubt because I do not prick 34 more units I have been left without basal, but very rarely since the alarm of LantusIt sounds at 8 pm.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/22/2016 11:34 p.m.

tlt70 said:
good.
I do not know if you have already dealt with this issue, if so let me know and read where the post is, but I have searched a bit and I have not seen anything with this possible problem.
I do not know if it is me, or if there is something that escapes me, but although it has not yet happened, it is an issue that worries me, that by mistake my son puts the dose of slow, but in the quick ball, and likeIt is the last one that gets, when bedtime, I am very worried that one day it is wrong.

One night before injecting I already had the slow one, and just before putting it on it, and I shouted "Javi, that is not slow" (I had the dose of the slow, considerably greater than the rapid, butin the wrong ball).After the considerable scare, thank God he did not injade, I was in Candle all night, trying to design a system so that this does not happen again.

In order not to extend this in the first post, design a strategy that at the moment works well for me, if someone is interested I can share it, with some photo, and explanation.

JVH's profile photo
JVH
11/28/2016 11:15 a.m.

It happened to me a couple of times (in years), put me 18 u.From Apidra instead of Lantus, in addition, you realize "just" at the time of taking the pen from the skin and you think ... "horror" the one that I just liar.So, to calculate the glucose binge that you have to give yourself then.It has not been happening to me again using the following system: how I put the lantus in the morning, when bedtime, I leave on the table "only" the appropriate pen;It also works for me, once administered, I put it in the drawer.With this I also avoid that, if I have returned to sleep, I wake up doubting if I put it (it has not happened to you ??).

JVH's profile photo
JVH
11/28/2016 11:38 a.m.

pinkunicorn said:
This happened to me 2 times but it was at the beginning of the disease with the honeymoon and it was only 8 UI of Apidra, the rapid insulin that confused her with the slow one.
I administered it early in the morning half asleep the quick instead of the slow.They were little units but I was on the honeymoon yet and was also very sensitive to insulin.I had breakfast of everything, almost vomiting.1 liter of juice, chocolate, cookies, toast ... I do not remember the amounts but I had to do well because it had no hypo and hyperglycemia.
Now I think the right thing would be to administer glucagon, make frequent measurements and go to a salitary center if the doses administered are very high.
Now, the slow one, I manage it at noon and it is better because I am not recently raised or in half -sleeping bed.What has happened to me is to forget or not remember if I administered it, for this I use the app my sugPost.

Excellent method of the marker.If you want to load darkened doses, you can do the same counting, or simply starting one for that exception.
Regarding the mistakes, the use of glucagon is very important.To do this, you must understand how these insulins work.They act in part because they inhibit the function of creating glycogen in the liver.If we take sugar or better glucose gel to overcome it, insulin continues to be, and that's why it is sometimes difficult to overcome.With the glucagon, antigen of insulin, directly counteracts that inhibition and takes the reserve glycogen that we have in the liver.When canceling the effect of insulin, it is easier to trace severe hypos.It should only be used in severe hypos, such as when we get much more doses, not in small, in addition to taking some sugary to replenish that reserve.In severe cases, direct to the hospital.If it is an error of much excess of slow, depending on the type (eg threeiba) they are necessary of 40 to 72 hours to expel all its effect.
Therefore, remember the use of glucagon.I have only had to use it once in thirty years, and it was for a stomach virus that vomited everything I ate.He didn't even enter sugary water.So Glycagon Holy.Of course, it gives you a sensation of high as in the movies.But, the deepest puncture and fatter needle.So you have to do it decision or do it for you, better.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/05/2017 11:04 a.m.

Yes, it happened to me once, I injected quickly instead of slow.28 fast units at 11:30 at night.I took 3 tablespoons of honey and went to the emergency room.There I was until 4 in the morning, they put a way with glucose.

You always talk about glucagon, and they have not even given me a recipe to buy it and have it at home, they have not spoken to me.And that in a year I have already had a few visits, and with two different endocrine.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
03/11/2018 4:52 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

I have it in electronic recipe 1 a day, because I had a time when I had to go several times in a row to prescribe it, but I did not use it for the case of insulin mistake (I put the units of the units quicklythe slow one) I went directly to the emergency room and spent 8 hours hooked to a serum.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
03/23/2018 10:05 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.