{'en': 'Prick the wrong insulin', 'es': 'Pincharse la insulina equivocada'} Image

Prick the wrong insulin

Antonio Alarcon's profile photo   11/19/2016 1:55 p.m.

Hello good.

I do not know if you have already dealt with this issue, if so let me know and read where the post is, but I have searched a bit and I have not seen anything with this possible problem.

I do not know if it is me, or if there is something that escapes me, but although it has not yet happened, it is an issue that worries me, that by mistake my son puts the dose of slow, but in the quick ball, and likeIt is the last one that gets, when bedtime, I am very worried that one day it is wrong.

One night before injecting I already had the slow one, and just before putting it on it, and I shouted "Javi, that is not slow" (I had the dose of the slow, considerably greater than the rapid, butin the wrong ball).After the considerable scare, thank God he did not injade, I was in Candle all night, trying to design a system so that this does not happen again.

In order not to extend this in the first post, design a strategy that at the moment works well for me, if someone is interested I can share it, with some photo, and explanation.

Antonio Alarcon's profile photo
Antonio Alarcon
11/19/2016 1:55 p.m.

DM3
Padre de Javier, 14 años, DM1 desde Mayo 2016

Hello.I got to happen to my daughter, but in this case it was my fault because I am the one who injected her insulin because she is 3 years old.The lantus of the Padgo x the morning and put it 3 quickly instead of slow.Go to her endocrine. And control her all the clear time. When she saw her, she told me that the rapid action had already passed her maximum effect so I put the slow one (because she had no hypo) and to lunch.
The Apaño that I did was put in a very big and fast lyrics, it seems for fools but when reading it immediately your brain reacts ... Tell me your method that is always learned.
Greetings

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/19/2016 4:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Sorry I realized before putting the slow one, the fast already put it x error

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/19/2016 4:09 p.m.

Hi Mariah, thankfully it was nothing ...
I explain my method
My son gets Lantus at night, 9 units, and Apidra during the day, at the rate of 4 breakfast, 4 food and 5 dinner.Well, in the Apidra ball when the premiere opened the measure.
Then I do the same with the Lantus, I open the scale, and shade the values ​​between 3 and 6, I close again and that's it.
Thus, if one day by mistake tries to put 9 (which is what is put from Lantus), in the Boli de Apidra, Vera cannot put it, because in its apidra pen "there are no" values ​​7, 8, 9, 9, 9, 10 toApidra), it is impossible.
I don't know if I have explained, if I have not been clear, take some photos and I upload them.

Antonio Alarcon
11/19/2016 4:46 p.m.

DM3

As I had to do one of Lantus, I have taken some photos, so that the trick is clear

Antonio Alarcon
11/19/2016 5:02 p.m.

DM3

If I have understood perfectly and it is good method.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/19/2016 5:02 p.m.

This is not to make mistake and put the value of one in another

Antonio Alarcon
11/19/2016 5:05 p.m.

DM3

The bad is when you change the dose ...

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/19/2016 5:32 p.m.

Have several normal cocacola cans at hand in case you ever pass the scare.Each has more than 40g of HC and rises very quickly.In the worst case with 4 cans come whatever.

anaisabel said:
the bad is when you change doses ...

You can know for the sound, I many times in small doses of correction do not look at the "screen", if I want to put 3 units I give it soft and when I hear 3 click is already.Of course this is to have a lot of practice hahaha

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/19/2016 6:29 p.m.

I spent one morning I got I think they were 26 quickly.
I realized when I got to work.As the fellow Coca Cola tells you, it is a holy hand, which does not have to take everything at once, since it produces strong peaks, it is interesting to take cookies and if they are better chocolate.And controls then.Everything was complicated because of eating so much and not being used to being vomiting.Have a glucagon at home always.
This is complicated, I advise you to go little by little because a good burden can enter.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/19/2016 6:39 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

This happened to me 2 times but it was at the beginning of the disease with the honeymoon and it was only 8 UI of Apidra, the rapid insulin that I confused her with the slow.
I administered it early in the morning half asleep the quick instead of the slow.They were little units but I was on the honeymoon yet and was also very sensitive to insulin.I had breakfast of everything, almost vomiting.1 liter of juice, chocolate, cookies, toast ... I do not remember the amounts but I had to do well because it had no hypo and hyperglycemia.
Now I think the right thing would be to administer glucagon, make frequent measurements and go to a salitary center if the doses administered are very high.
Now, the slow one, I manage it at noon and it is better because I am not recently raised or in half -sleeping bed.What has happened to me is to forget or not remember if I administered it, for this I use the app my sugposition.

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
11/20/2016 9:50 a.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

What is the name of the app?, The exact name, I am looking for it on the iPad and I do not find it,

Antonio Alarcon
11/20/2016 12:28 p.m.

DM3

Hi @tlt70, your method is well thought out, although somewhat tedious, haha.
I have the doubt of ... also do you also have to purge the units when you are going to click?I say it because this could make several where you have to cross in black right?I say it because I normally purged 2 units, but sometimes I see that a fat bubble has remained yet and I purge again, or it has not left insulin and I have to do it again or if the needle comes out bad and it is time to do it again (thisI think it hasn't happened to me yet luckily)
For now I simply keep each one in a different place, always fast with me in the bag/neverita portable, and the slow one in a drawer.As I have them quite taken from time to each other, for now I never confused myself, although I have a certain fear of this.
I think this is the app that the partner refers, I have not used it, so I don't know how it will: Link
All the best!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
11/21/2016 1:49 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

What we do with the purge is that we put 2 units in the pen, we discard them and then put the exact ones that have to be put, I do not know if it is the correct way to purge, this does not explain it to us

Antonio Alarcon
11/21/2016 3:18 p.m.

DM3

If it is exactly as you say.Only what I told you, sometimes a needle fails when purging and then you have to fight twice, or just start the ball and nothing comes out with the first 2, or that, you want to take out a bubble that you could not take out beforeand the same .. etc.There the system you have counted would fail?If not, I have not understood it well, that it would not be unusual either, hahaha.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
11/21/2016 5:12 p.m.

Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

@Tlt70 @Miexron If one takes into account that in each injection 2 units are discarded, the method is still perfectly valid, you just have to add those 2 units in each step!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
11/21/2016 7:35 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

You don't understand me, or I'm crazy, or I don't understand you: ((, hahaha.
I understand that I add 2 thinking that you have to purge, but how can you predict when you have to purge 3, 4 or 6, or those of any reason that I have already commented on?Or am I the only madman who does it?
ha ha ha.It is only out of curiosity, I understand that it is not something that usually happens, but well, I lately with the bubbles if I usually grate a little trying to remove them and sometimes 3 ...

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
11/21/2016 7:47 p.m.

Aaaah! ... okay!, I have already understood you, @Miexron, with this method, I would calculate always do it with 2, and if you ever need more, I would have just purged and discarded the rest of the units and would happen to the nextbrand, don't you think?;)

fer's profile photo
fer
11/21/2016 7:59 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Jaaja, the madman is me, let's see, we always purge putting in the Boli 2, the shot, and when it is already 0 then we load the 4 units that are injected, so that the 4 are always 4, because the purgeHe never adds, first purged, and then measure.
If for whatever I have to purge twice, then I put two, and if the bubble does not go, I put another two, but the account of the correct dose always begins of 0, being already purged.
What a mess I'm telling .....

Antonio Alarcon
11/21/2016 9:30 p.m.

DM3

@Miexron
When we are going to administer insulin, we must turn the ball and the bubble goes to the end because it is less dense than the liquid, we would not be at risk of injecting the bubble thus decreasing the insulin administered but the right thing is to purge it.
= D>

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
11/21/2016 10:27 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.