{'en': 'Insulin action and several doubts', 'es': 'Acción de la insulina y dudas varias'} Image

Insulin action and several doubts

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/03/2017 12:57 a.m.

I see that there are people who click 20-30 min before eating.

-How are the times of the insulin novorapid?

My son takes effect at 10 min;

-If he put it so long before and without eating, wouldn't it go down suddenly?Scheme up two hours after dinner and I control it with the freestyle and hit him exactly at the hour and a half of the dinner, so I see the novorapid only covers the first hour .. and suddenly beginsto climb a lot to 200 and peak ..

-As advice on dinners to prevent this from happening?I usually give you a lot of puree, fruits (less banana), whole wheat bread and yogurt, integral paste, integral rice .... (rice little because it puts it to the top!)

-What is so important that all meals carry HC, if one made without them what would happen?

Faced with a hiccup of 60, would it be click the same before?I decreased 0.5 and I put it later ... I don't know if I will do well ...

I am assaulted by the doubts of everything!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/03/2017 12:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Proof.The truth is that with free you have a lot of information.Maybe it is good to put the fast at the end of eating.
The legumes are slow, they go up late and maintain, that was very important with the insulin before.But now, with the fast ones, it may not be so important.
Hydrates, the same, avoid hypos, but if you are better to eat with less hydrates, try it.
Here the only important thing is to get the best possible controls.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/03/2017 1:16 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If before eating it is 60, give it juice.And then normal.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/03/2017 1:21 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I have sent me some rations and you have to eat them all with hydrate ..
3.5R Breakfast
2 mid -morning
5 food
2 snack
4.5 Dinner
If I give him a French tortilla for example and a yogurt and put the insulin, he will not go down much by not doing his rations?
Today I arrived with 60 I gave him 3 orange juice drinks and the food and I punctured it later and it was all afternoon in 314 ... only that it is a cookie I upload it a lot ...
It is very uncontrolled and I do not give the failure ..

DiabetesForo
01/03/2017 1:27 a.m.

With Lantus, it is normal to put quickly before each meal with hydrates.
Do you put quickly 5 times a day?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/03/2017 1:32 a.m.

If you are with 300, put it half quick .. and do not give you snack ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/03/2017 1:38 a.m.

@"Tammy Santin" Good morning.Tammy, I ask;Does not give a belly and /or swelling pain so much integral cereal?Have you tried basmati rice? Is it very good for flavor, easy to cook and has average glycemic index.The quinoa is very good.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
01/03/2017 11:09 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@"Regina" only skewed breakfast food and dinner with fast .. the afternoons I spend very high and I can almost never put 2 portions because it would rise much more.
I give him a yogurt or something ...

DiabetesForo
01/03/2017 2:02 p.m.

@"Solararia" if sometimes complains about belly pain ... rice I dare not give it a lot for now ... is it necessary so much CH in each meal?Esque is already fed up with pasta, legumes, pear and apple

DiabetesForo
01/03/2017 2:04 p.m.

@"Tammy Santin", I do not shed 15 minutes before eating or fed up with wine, unless it is very high.I am not the only one, you will see there if you read comments that there are people who have had hypos for puncturing a while before;Instead, others are doing very well;Each is a world.
With a very high sensitivity I would not prick a while before, but just at the beginning, in the end, in the end or a little later, depending on the food.
And if as an integral rice, or integral paste or legumes, I click me at eating.
I never inject insulin before starting to eat if I am below 90, because I have the hypo almost insured unless it eats something that goes up quickly.An endocrine told me that if it was below those limits before eating, I could try to eat the dessert before, if this is fruit, because it goes up a little faster;It is another option.

Whatever you do your child you have to try both.There is nothing better or worse, only basic initial guidelines, that one must be coupled to its organism and needs.

On the other hand ... There are many times no failure.As I said in another post, it is a matter of recovering the balance slowly;The body is not mathematics, although mathematics sometimes helps us.

Good afternoon :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
01/03/2017 2:04 p.m.

@Tammy Santin: I suppose it will only be so until you learn ... I understand that in the future they will teach you to count rations and thus put only the fast insulin necessary for what you want to eat right?

albertot's profile photo
albertot
01/03/2017 2:09 p.m.

The endocrine does not give any explanation, he gave me two food and sport and home books!

DiabetesForo
01/03/2017 2:12 p.m.

And something of the ratios puts me in a report but I do not understand.He told me that we would see him ... and he goes a month

DiabetesForo
01/03/2017 2:13 p.m.

The mid -morning and the snack, without fast, can cause hyper.
Give only what you can do well, if you see you are going down.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/03/2017 4:06 p.m.

What time do you put in Lantus?
How do you wake up?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/03/2017 4:16 p.m.

They have given you some good tips for what I see!
The time is as they tell you, it depends on each one and how it is, on what I will eat ... it is a little roll, the guidelines of the doctors are sometimes very general, but to really do it well there are reallyto have several factors into account.If you notice that it makes it very fast effect, then nothing, click it just before eating, to media or then, it depends on how it goes on the measurement.And if it is very fair or low, always go back before, and then to eat, it is not going to be that I will raise the food and lite it.
Hopefully if you have not yet explained about the ratio it is because you want to make sure what it has, with a little more development time, so as not to liar, we give a vote of confidence.
Once you know that and have everything clearer, you can vary rations of HC in each meal, and give it more or less as it suits you, and put the insulin that corresponds to those rations.

On how many portions you should eat, I suppose the endocrine has scheduled the appropriate for a child like yours, and that it takes some weight.But you can always consult a nutritionist about how many rations they would come well at each meal etc.

I leave you another link that is quite well, it has the plate method, and you can also calculate rations that way, especially for whether it has to eat it can help.In addition, it is fine to balance meals, it has a small Cho calculating guide according to your age and weight, recipes (orientative, nothing magical) ... A little of everything, it also has app and you can search if it is good for you: HTTP: //diabetesalacarta.org/

All the best!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
01/03/2017 8:19 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

@"Tammy Santin".The child has to eat 50/60 % CH in each meal.Legumes are low glycemic index, but being pureed they can peak.Have you tried normal bread, potatoes, basmati rice (non -integral)?For example, right now I will get about 18 chestnuts (there are 6 portions), UHH, how good they are.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
01/03/2017 8:34 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

DiabetesForo
01/03/2017 9:46 p.m.

DiabetesForo
01/03/2017 9:46 p.m.

Today in the Hiper Snack of 320 and 0.2 acetone.Among these results we walk with dances ....

DiabetesForo
01/03/2017 9:48 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.