Problem down the lantus

DiabetesForo's profile photo   12/29/2016 12:08 a.m.

Good again ... the endo advised me to go to 1u the lantus because my littleTo find himself weird ... Well, he had 240 and climbing ... He fell asleep and has given him Nausea said he had vomiting in his nose .. he has super scared, this had never happened to us !!!
And it does not let me correct without being before meals because it is hypersensitive to insulin, just control ketones .... I don't know what else can I do

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/29/2016 12:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The solution is to empower parents and it is not what the endocrine says or in the forum.Your child's knowledge is key.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
12/29/2016 12:35 a.m.

Tell your endocrine to your endocrine, I think your doctor wantedWhat he meant is to take it as you carried it before reducing the basal or lantus to get a little higher than 80 90, tell you if you understood it well and he told you, you can also change your endocrine or change theLantus for the toujeo that gives less drops, I put it in my 24u in the morning and I avoid night drops that the lantus gives very frequently

All the best

Alfonso Fernandez Martinez's profile photo
Alfonso Fernandez Martinez
12/29/2016 12:43 a.m.

@"Tammy Santin", the first one does not t over the topic of the vomiting.If you have ruled out ketones, that they can produce them, the safest thing is that they have nothing to do with diabetes.
Endo T has lowered the lantus because it is lifted in 80 90 is something fair for a child, and more if it is small, the prudence asks to lower the dose and try to see how it passes the nights and how it wakes up .. the climbAfter dinner in principle it is the responsibility of the rapid of dinner.If you have calculated the rations well, and they are not foods with a lot of fat or protein, which could also explain that climb, the rapid insulin of the dinner should be raised.(Before doing so you have to verify that it is a trend and repeats, that the same thing happens to it two or three days in a row).
As for the issue of correcting, and understanding the prudence of the endocrine, in my opinion if the hyperglycemia must be corrected, in my head it does not enter for hours high glycems and can stop them, that yes, it is necessary to know well that dose to put andWhen doing so.To find the right doses in children, the work of endocrine is to facilitate how to apply precise doses.Did you ask for diluted insulins?Many times the necessary correction in children is something as tin as a unit of unity.The bomb is another option and in my opinion the best.Ask the endocrine and as soon as you acquire security, try that your criteria have weight in the treatment that you want for your child and in the way you want to focus it.The empowerment that points @hoyos9, both of the parents and of the patients of course m seems fundamental.A hug and quiet.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
12/29/2016 1 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

I put 2 units of Lantus and send me down to 1
Now asleep with 287 .... how bad

DiabetesForo
12/29/2016 1:16 a.m.

Try with average

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/29/2016 2:21 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Fault of the protein?It has told me that the protein is free and does not count as a ration ... come on, on demand ...: ((I know that a unit lowers about 220 and my fast ball has for half units but scares meput 0.5 and that a downturn or something .. With that that is on a honeymoon and that his pancreas still works something when he wants and that he is so sensitive to insulin fear gives me ... (Tbien will influence that he weighs 14 kg...

DiabetesForo
12/29/2016 2:22 a.m.

Well let's hope that it is nothing and that it was a matter of dinner.If you control ketones, do not go up and are not vomiting should not be very worrying.If this emergency is always worse.
If you have not vomited and fallen asleep, nausea may simply feel very high feels weird and describe it like that.
As Ainhoa ​​says the most normal thing is that it was for dinner.
Let's see if they soon let you correct and you can solve these things.
The lantus can't vary it halfway into half a unit?Let's see how it gets up and a couple of days of evolution, and if it raises those days well, but you can tell the endocrine of climbing average to see, if the ball allows it clear.
Cheer up!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
12/29/2016 2:28 a.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

He told me that rooms were put with syringe, that I could lead to confusion ... Come on, I stayed with the ball and thanks!

DiabetesForo
12/29/2016 2:29 a.m.

I have sent him an email, tomorrow will answer me.of instructions tomorrow at breakfast I put 2 that better lift in 90 q this piece of climb: (((

DiabetesForo
12/29/2016 2:34 a.m.

Always dinner 4.5 rations and I put 1.5 novorapid units before

DiabetesForo
12/29/2016 2:39 a.m.

But it is the first day that you put 1 of Lantus?What do you put in the morning?Man is that if it is only once that thing may be due to something else, surely it tells you that it is not enough time to evaluate.If you have more days it is something else ...
Sometimes we measure rations very well, and they are things that we have already eaten other times and yet ... Without going any further I have had a 300 peak after dinner, and with the rations well counted and without dinner at all weird... that's why I tell you.But well do not be distressed or hopeless, there are good and bad days, I can only send dosses and tell how little I know.I hope the Peke spent well

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
12/29/2016 2:49 a.m.

Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

@"Miexron" Yes, today it has been the first day I have lowered it .. while I put 2u spent the great night (I looked at him about 4 times every night if everything goes well) to see if the free freestyle comes soon to me soonBecause I have my fingers.
What would be a good 4.5 r dinner for him?I go crazy, what anguish!Sorry for the Tostón ... :(

DiabetesForo
12/29/2016 2:55 a.m.

I put on them with the novorapid that corresponds to him and then already breakfast ...
But the effect of 1 unit does not cover the night, or that is what I see from my great ignorance .. it seems that I wanted to go down .. first 240 at two hours of dinner, then when it was bad 262, at 01:20h 285, 02: 10h 246 and now, 251 .. I understand less time !!!!

DiabetesForo
12/29/2016 3:01 a.m.

Well, put 2 again
The lantus is also in vials and you can put it with syringe.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/29/2016 6:02 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Tammy santin", in principle and at least during the first section D the night you have described, the blood glucose remains stable starting from a high post of dinner, with which if you manage to find the rapid you need for theDinner, adjust it well and have a better post, that value would be maintained during the night, which is what it is about, that does not suffer abrupt variations during the night.Let's see if today repeats trend.Once you get a maja post d you can better adjust the basal, and if you have a tendency to climb during the second half of the night, you are likely to need that average of the lantus that you comment.At first it is normal that you are lost, but neither do you let it overwhelm by the endocrine.And tell me to help calculate a correction for cases of high hyperglycemia.As soon as you have the sensors you will see things much better.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
12/29/2016 9:25 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Thank you all!As he has not answered (namely when he answers) I put him again 2, I prefer to give him before sleep half a glass of milk that the anxiety that I had all night) at 06:40 still had 193 bone, he began to go down toThat time and got up at 9 as always with 99 (the guideline I have is whether he lifted two or more days with less than 100 down Lantus and if he persists even going down, down quickly from dinner, but obvious that today I don't get offfast at dinner! And see if today with 2 of Lantus keeps the night better ...
Do you advise me a good 4.5 R dinner that avoids those night climbs?
Thank you all chic@s !!!!!

DiabetesForo
12/29/2016 9:58 a.m.

@"Regina" does not let me put rooms ... or correct hyperglycemia unless there are ketones ... He has not even told me how to act before a big hyper at night but hey yesterday I was clear that if I reached 400 he punctured half a quick.Thank God did not need.But I would like to know and to explain how to act before all these cases that can be presented as yesterday: (((

DiabetesForo
12/29/2016 10:01 a.m.

tammy santin said:
always dinner 4.5 rations and I before put 1.5 novorapid units

Go doing tests, diabetes are not mathematics and surely there are more unsolved equations than in an adult.
If you are up to dinner, you can also try to download some ration from dinner and before sleeping give it a right but it is a suggestion without more, in the end this is "test and error" until you give with the key, whichIt will not be the final key but you will have a reference.

Freestyle will help you a barbarity, courage !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/29/2016 11:44 a.m.

Well if in the end I lift well is that the Lantus was still active.Although as it is on honeymoon, it can not be secured either.Let's see how it follows, and if it goes very fair then you will readjust.
About suggested dinners ... there is nothing magical, surely you are doing well.Especially trying to avoid things with a lot of fat, because they can delay and lengthen the glucose rise (up to more than 2 hours in which the fast acts strong).And also try to avoid the HC of rapid absorption, so as not to create very high glucose peaks.
With what I notice that it is best for the dinners, vegetables, cooked vegetables, cooked potato (without puree and without cooking much because otherwise I get very fast), and fish or light meat with little meat with little meat with little meatfat.Charquteria and bread often complicate the night for example.Today it is also that many chacinas are put to potato fecula and things like that, and then it is complicated (at least for me) to measure rations there
, and if not complicated by fat ...
But as they tell you you have to do a little rehearsal and error, because each one is a world!The important thing is to make Mediterranean diet and eat well, some climb that another will be inevitable.With the free you will see better than food they are doing well!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
12/29/2016 12:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.