{'en': 'DT1 diabetes for a lifetime', 'es': 'DT1 diabetes para toda la vida'} Image

DT1 diabetes for a lifetime

FANAFREZZA's profile photo   01/12/2017 11:28 p.m.

Even if it was only a pill that avoids excess glucose absorption by cells and normalize glycosilada.
That would be almost a cure

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/22/2017 1:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The doctor cannot lie but can positively report the progress that is daily, although for now there is no cure.
I started 18 years.I am diabetic for more than 30 years.I had to boil the syringe in water.Going out to eat was very complicated in those circumstances.If they had spoken to me then an insulin bomb like the one I have today I would have believed it was science fiction.A lot has been made progress and will continue to be done.
Say what your child's endocrine says, we must not lose hope.

MercedesL's profile photo
MercedesL
01/22/2017 8:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well the endocrine unfortunately in general (not all) are usually unpleasant. Amy with 15 years they told me dry when between emergency that .. (you have to click for insulin for life) ole the ... of the guy mercilesslyand then my endocrine that took me in the same hahahaha in short is what we have..Degracyfully I do not believe anything about priests is a business, you have to take care of it and take it as well as possible to the end. A greeting

batera21's profile photo
batera21
01/23/2017 4:33 a.m.

Today diabetes is for a lifetime, it is chronic, pancreatic cells destroyed by the autoimmune system cannot be regenerated.Accepting it makes better control and put interest in taking care of yourself.It is my opinion.

There are always alternatives such as pancreas transplant, although that entails taking immunosuppressants and in Spain they do not do it unless you also have the damaged kidney.

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
01/29/2017 5:32 p.m.

Ensuring that a cure will never come out and that you will have to click on a lifetime, it can cause hopelessness in many people (especially in children and parents) and hopelessness is the worst thing there is, it causes depressions, it makes people go from everything and can eveninduce suicide.

Ensuring that the cure will come very soon it is also bad because we don't know if it is true, you can do what you say, that people do not take care of everything they should, waiting for it to come out.Or wait for this to live your life.Or that they end up discouraging when they see that it does not come out, as has happened to many diabetics who had assured him of the "5 years".

But to say that there are several very promising investigations and that one day that cure or something will come out, although we do not know how many years it will take.I see it the most realistic and what can encourage you and give hope to live, to take care of you and for a day to be able to see it with the best possible health.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/29/2017 6:44 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I agree Sherpa

FANAFREZZA's profile photo
FANAFREZZA
01/29/2017 8:06 p.m.

Me too :)>-

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/30/2017 2:11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Today diabetes has no cure, tomorrow?We don't know.But until then a thousand things can happen to us;There are a lot of worse diseases not associated with diabetes that we can suffer.Today is the growth of cancer cases throughout 2016 that will break the forecast by 2020.
If we do not take care of ourselves, we can generate other harmful ones that will make our lives more difficult.

It is best to take care of yourself, live the day by day enjoying.
Diabetes does not stop you, we stop;You just have to know and observe how our body behaves.He caught the point and live being happy.

I have only been diabetics for two years and I have stages like everyone, wanting to send everything to the "M" but I think of tomorrow, in everything I want to do, travel, live, enjoy, work (the latter less) .... And well, I get the depression and the fed up and follow.The next day, it is always better, there is a new sun and a thousand things to do.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/31/2017 1:30 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello!
I think that doctors in general are often very abrupt saying things and do not know how to address or treat us as people.That of forms, and they should open a file for it.

Now, saying that you are going to have diabetes all my life seems to me simply tell the truth, and I do not agree with giving false hopes.
When I debuted with 15 years the endocrine that attended me I deal quite well, and told me things kindly but clearly.He told me not to believe lies about a possible cure: that every 5 years some pharmaceutical or study said he had found a priest but never reached more.And that he believed that would continue to happen because pharmacists are looking for money and that diabetes is cured would not bring them benefits.He told me to take care of me, to learn everything I could about myself and about diabetes because that way I would have power and not the disease.He told me more things that I don't remember, and I really appreciate that he told me the truth, or at least what for him as an endocrine was the truth.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
02/11/2017 3:49 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.