{'en': 'Tresiba twice the same day, I end at the hospital', 'es': 'Tresiba dos veces el mismo día, acabo en el hospital'} Image

Tresiba twice the same day, I end at the hospital

Dunah's profile photo   02/03/2017 10:47 p.m.

Hello,

Last Wednesday I spent a terrible afternoon.I had put the three in the morning and after the food instead of putting the novorapid I put on threeiba again.I went to bed for a while because I was sleepy and at about 4 pm I woke up soaked in bed in bed and my boy giving me water with sugar.

He told me that it had been a hypo of the seizures that give me sometimes.I spent a while speaking but I fell back into lethargy ...

The next thing was to wake up and see my bed surrounded by five people, those of 112 whom my boy called because I couldn't wake me up.

They had put me a serum but they took it away right away and apart they did something wrong and it was to leave as I woke up even though I could not vocalize well or join.It is the first time that I see something like that, that they leave without being quite well.Well, they told my boyfriend to prevent me from falling asleep and gave me sugar.

That was doing the poor from 6 pm and I did not go back and was unable to speak with the rag tongue of severe hypos.So at 19 he called Emergencies again that they had already been but that they had not solved anything.They returned and this time if they were 15 minutes, putting serum again and made sure that I spoke again and that I could get up.

They told us that they took me to the hospital to have me under observation.I told them that it was not necessary because I was already aware and sufficiently lucid to take sugar for myself.

But they insisted and there they took me.We spent two hours there and that already marked more than 300 in the controls that made me and explained that I had put the insulin Tresiba twice and that had been the reason for the continuous state of hypoglycemia.

Anyway, at 10pm we could finally go home after hours of fighting the hypo.

What a uff afternoon odyssey

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
02/03/2017 10:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ufff often scare!What a bad time you had to pass it, you and your boy too.But I do not understand, the Tresiba is a slow insulin, as the toujeo is not?Are you not supposed to be like a basal?I didn't think I could take so much hypo and for so long.
By the way, don't you have glucagon home?I have it at home, renewing it every year, and for the moment I have never used it there, but the other day I also had a scare at work for a gastroenteritis that everything I ate and drank threw it and the sugar was going down without being able to remedy it, and they had to go buy a glucagon in a pharmacy and I already recovered (I recovered from sugar because gastroenteritis continued to leave me dust).Come on, I'm considering having a glucagon in the work.
The important thing is that it has already happened and you already have another experience to tell and to learn: P

valky's profile photo
valky
02/04/2017 12:25 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Yes, I have glucagon but my boyfriend did not know because I have never used it.Anyway, he spent half a sugar package and also ate two tigretones that gave me and nothing, there was no one to upload it.The Tresiba is ultrastone but if by mistake you put on two doses of glycemia and leaves you almost impossible to climb.A fight, even if I had injected glucagon, I would have come down because it had already lowered me the emergency room a way with glucosado serum.It is not the first time that I am treated by emergencies due to a hypo but the first one that has to come twice.

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
02/04/2017 2:11 a.m.

My mother @"dunah", what more horrible experience, I have not passed them so beastly, once I almost fainted, but nothing more, I always try to have glucagon.@"Valky" If you don't have at work I would ask for it, try to always have it, even if you never use it, I have not yet done it.

If the insulin ever put me twice, direct to the hospital!

fer's profile photo
fer
02/04/2017 12:18 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

What anguish fuck !!!It is very easy to speak now but I would have drunk the 10 cans of Coca Cola that I have at home ..
@"Dunah" I'm glad everything ended well.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/04/2017 1:26 p.m.

I have already had several hypos of seizures and public sites such as a restaurant before starting food, imagine the show.The convulsions cannot stop them and if you are aware when they give you it is horrible because you lose control of the body's musculature and you shake as if they gave you electrical discharges of those of resusimating someone who has stopped his heart and you can only waitto the liver release glucose to get you out of that state.The impotence I felt on Wednesday unable to express myself clearly for hours I do not want anyone.It was a relief the second time that the emergency department came, as soon as I got to glucose, recover the ability to communicate normally.

fer said:
my mother @"dunah", what more horrible experience, I have not passed them so beastly, once I almost fainted, but nothing more, I try to have a glucagon on top.@"Valky" If you don't have at work I would ask for it, try to always have it, even if you never use it, I have not yet done it.

If the insulin ever put me twice, direct to the hospital!

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
02/04/2017 1:53 p.m.

I don't know the water with sugar that my boy gave me but it was so much added to the two tigretones that when I recovered the consciousness I had so full stomach and felt so much nausea that I had to vomit in the bathroom before dressing to go to the hospital.

what anguish fuck!!!It is very easy to speak now but I would have drunk the 10 cans of Coca Cola that I have at home ..
@"Dunah" I'm glad that everything would end well.

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
02/04/2017 1:55 p.m.

Hello @"dunah".
Luckily everything ended well.
In the month of November I uploaded a topic in the questions about diabetes in which I put photos of the trick that I do in the bowling to try to not happen.
The theme is called "pricking the wrong insulin"
I don't know how this issue is reported to this thread, you can look for it there

Antonio Alarcon's profile photo
Antonio Alarcon
02/04/2017 10:42 p.m.

DM3
Padre de Javier, 14 años, DM1 desde Mayo 2016

@"Antonio Alarcon" @"Dunah" here I put the link to the theme I referred to before.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
02/04/2017 11:14 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks @"fer"

Antonio Alarcon's profile photo
Antonio Alarcon
02/04/2017 11:46 p.m.

DM3
Padre de Javier, 14 años, DM1 desde Mayo 2016

Thanks for the link ^^

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
02/05/2017 9:47 a.m.

The use of glucagon is very important.To do this, you must understand how these insulins work.They act in part because they inhibit the function of creating glycogen in the liver.If we take sugar or better glucose gel to overcome it, insulin continues to be, and that's why it is sometimes difficult to overcome.With the glucagon, antigen of insulin, directly counteracts that inhibition and takes the reserve glycogen that we have in the liver.When canceling the effect of insulin, it is easier to trace severe hypos.It should only be used in severe hypos, such as when we get much more doses, not in small, in addition to taking some sugary to replenish that reserve.In severe cases, direct to the hospital.If it is an error of much excess of slow, depending on the type (eg threeiba) they are necessary of 40 to 72 hours to expel all its effect.
Therefore, remember the use of glucagon and train family and friends in their use.
I have only had to use it once in thirty years, and it was for a stomach virus that vomited everything I ate.He didn't even enter sugary water.So Glycagon Holy.Of course, it gives you a sensation of high as in the movies.But, the deepest puncture and fatter needle.So you have to do it decision or do it for you, better.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/05/2017 11:08 a.m.

@"Dunah", my mother, what a scare ...
He teaches your boyfriend to use the glucagon, I is the first thing I did when we started to leave and since then, every see that they are expired, I make him practice that later with the nerves he does not atina and well that he has it recent.
It has also happened to me as you, that from taking sugar they give you nausea and you cannot eat anymore and in the end I end up vomiting and of course after a while again you are the same.In those cases I put the glucagon myself because I am seeing the percal, not the whole vial because then such a climb that it takes 2 days to normalize it.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/05/2017 11:11 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Yes

gala said:
I have to teach him to prepare the glucagon because the poor man sees them and desired, mixing water with sugar, filling a dessert syringe and thus giving me the liquid.So I would not have to call those of the emergency room, something that I hate with all my soul, I am very angry to wake up and be surrounded by strangers with a path in the arm and punctures that give you on your finger to look at glycemia with some puncturers whoThey leave your sore finger for two days -.- U

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
02/05/2017 11:52 a.m.

That is why I taught him, because I have already had several scares, and then @regina I think it was the one that said to put the glucagon with the insulin syringe, which apart from the fact that it enters better and hurts less, gradual better what you wearof glucagon

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/05/2017 11:56 a.m.

My advice is that you look for a personal trick so that the same one could not be left to leave the pen you use once you have punctured, another take a booklet and point the insulin you have put on, the dose and dose andThe time, but if you believe in another Buascate System life, but that is effective., In situations of hypoglycemia the right thing is to first take fast action hydrates, sugar or glucose (try to acquire glucosport pills, which are also easyalways carrying with you) and an hour later slow action hydrates I use cookies Maria any other brand would serve.But I tell you the diabetes to be compensated, it requires four legs as a table: medication, physical exercise, diet and essential the patient's diabetological education and relatives who live with it. I try to look for some association that of this association that of this association that of this association that of thisType of education in the disease, although this forum is a good tool..

alvarito's profile photo
alvarito
02/06/2017 5:31 p.m.

I've been with diabetes for 25 years, hahaha I know all that.But when it gives you a hiccup of less than 20 with seizures because you have fallen asleep you cannot choose to take cookies because you cannot even eat them :) When they give me hypos I always drink water with sugar, and then some slice of bread.The time I control to see how glucose is going and know if I must put quickly or take something else.

I have the bolis in different drawers but that day I gather and took the wrong ball.It is the third time in these years that happens to me.

-

alvarito said:
my advice is that you look for some personal trick so that the same does not happen to you again one could be to let out the pen you use once you have punctured, anotherA booklet and point the insulin that you have put yourself, the dose and the time, but if you believe in another system, life, but that is effective., In a hypoglycemia situation the right thing is to take first rapid action hydrates, rapid action hydrates,Azoke or glucose (try to acquire glucosport pills, which are also easy to always carry with you) and an hour later slow action hydrates I use cookies Maria any other brand would serve.But I tell you the diabetes to be compensated, it requires four legs as a table: medication, physical exercise, diet and essential the patient's diabetological education and relatives who live with it. I try to look for some association that of this association that of this association that of this association that of thisType of education in the disease, although this forum is a good tool..

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
02/06/2017 5:41 p.m.

Hi Dunah, I also have been "sugar" 41 years old, everything you say I have also had and I have had enough hypogs some I have solved them like you and others fundamentally thanks to my wife who, although she has been very nervous, has solved itWith water and sugar (if I was aware) and with honey in the mouth or glucagon if I was in a critical situation, other times a co -worker has done it to those who had already warned them and twice I had to enter theEmergency service, in addition to me after so many years I have lost the usual symptoms of the descent (seizures, loss of reasoning, nonsense when speaking, well you know the comparison to that of the drunks that causes many people to ignore us in this situation)Now almost the only thing I notice is a slight loss of mental faculties and an alteration in vision, but friend this is what there is, now I try to be in a situation of glycemia between 130 and 180 mg, and of course if you are going to be aloneFrequently better to be around 200 mg, and there are no magical wands.I know enough young patients because I am president of an association of diabetics and everyone feels distressed by this problem, if for you it is too overwhelming and you can face the economic cost of the only option that you have left is to put the patches of Free Style,I do not use them but my son who also belongs to this club has put them and feels safer.Hopefully advances in insulins give us another alternative.
Anyway, at least we have this forum to help us and although I believe that I know everything about diabetes frequentGood thing and a bad thing, the good is that it does not hurt and the bad is ...... that does not hurt-
A hug..

alvarito's profile photo
alvarito
02/08/2017 10:26 a.m.

@"Alvarito", I agree with what you have said, but if you have inadvertent declines the solution is not the Frestyle but that it is the Dexcom, which has alarms or the Enlite especially at night that you do not pass the receiver

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/08/2017 5:13 p.m.

Thanks to Alvarito and Gala, the bad thing is that I cannot afford the continuous meter :( the endocrine has already proposed but it makes me want to tell him that if he pays the sensors for me delighted. I hope that in Spain in the end they decide to cover this also also, the savings that it will mean in terms of lower difficulties to deal with doctors and professionals will compensate it.

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
02/08/2017 5:48 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.