{'en': 'Today I learned that my diabetes is type 2', 'es': 'Hoy me he enterado de que mi diabetes es tipo 2'} Image

Today I learned that my diabetes is type 2

joana_joana's profile photo   02/19/2018 10:28 p.m.

Hello everyone

Today I have learned after 6 years of being diabetic, which I am really diabetic type 2 and not type 1 as I have told me all these years and I do not know how to handle it if I have to change in something if or not.

Thank you!

joana_joana's profile photo
joana_joana
02/19/2018 10:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Wow, and how has it been?Did you debut with ketosis and multiple doses of insulin and now have you seen that you do not need them?Sometimes it happens that some type 2 diabetes begin with a lot of ketosis, weight loss and sudden appearance symptoms and can be confused.But being so, in principle the treatment can be simplified, reducing the number of insulin injections, or withdrawing them, and replacing by oral medication.But all this will change your doctor, and it is very patient to patient.Anyway, this does not mean that diabetes is "less important" or you have to take care of it less.

EndocrinaAntiNewAge's profile photo
EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/19/2018 11:17 p.m.

Hello @"endocrinaantinewage" what my endocrine told me is that my diabetes is type 2 but that it behaves like a type 1 but still every pills and I put insulin and have bad controls due to the treatment of the kidneys

joana_joana
02/20/2018 6:27 p.m.

I am very interested in this topic.How did they realize that it was really type 2?

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
02/20/2018 10:33 p.m.

Yes, let's see if you can give us more information.

There are times that a classic type 2 diabetes, which is initially controlled with oral treatment and after many years of evolution (6 would be few, a priori), progressively the beta cell stops working and the insulin reserve is exhausted, so that it isIt is necessary to intensify insulin therapy until it reaches the bolus-base pattern (and the patient has a tendency to ketosis/ketoacidosis if it stops putting it).In those cases it is said that it is a type 2 diabetes "that behaves like a type 1".

In other cases, what happens is that a type 1 diabetes begins with classic debut (symptoms of urinating a lot and having a lot of thirst, weight loss), that insulinopenia persists in time even when it has already stabilized but the antibodies of the DM1They are negative.Before, “idiopathic dm1” or “DM type 1b” was said.I do not know if in saying that it is "a type 2" it can refer to the antibodies were negative.

EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/21/2018 12:46 p.m.

They have realized that it was a type 2 after making me a biopsy of the liver and making me lots of test when they hospitalized me

joana_joana
02/21/2018 4:50 p.m.

And I am with oral treatment and I am very high so they told me insulin and I am little by little I will establish myself

joana_joana
02/21/2018 4:52 p.m.

Then ... First you were insulin, while they thought it was type 1, then they diagnosed you with type 2 and they went to oral treatment, and now seeing that you do not control yourself, have you indicated again insulin?Well, as it may, I hope you get good control with the treatment that is needed.

Greetings!

EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/21/2018 5:59 p.m.

joana_joana said:
hello @"endocrinaantinewage" what my endocrine told me is that my diabetes is type 2 but that it behaves like a type 1 but still every pills and I put insulin and takeBad controls for the treatment of the kidneys

Hi Joana!I was detected by type 1 diabetes a month and a half ago and a week ago he gave me a kidney.Have you given me several since then, do I have a chronic kidney disease?How do you treat your kidneys?I am afraid to palmarla so young.24 years ...

Dixon's profile photo
Dixon
02/22/2018 1:22 a.m.

dixon said:
Hello Joana!I was detected by type 1 diabetes a month and a half ago and a week ago he gave me a kidney.Have you given me several since then, do I have a chronic kidney disease?How do you treat your kidneys?I am afraid to palmarla so young.24 years ...

Caaaalmaaaa.

Renal cramps have nothing to do with diabetic nephropathy or chronic renal disease, which are chronic complications of diabetes, asymptomatic until they are in very advanced phases.What happened to you now with cramps may have nothing to do with your recent debut (probably not), but the point are different diseases.It is virtually impossible for a type 1 diabetes that debuted a month and a half ago caused chronic complications.So peace of mind for that aspect.

If you have a renal calculation (a stone) it is normal for several cramps to give you (the contractions of the excretory apparatus trying to expel the calculation), as the "critical" points of the urinary route go through, until you finally expel them.If many episodes related to new calculations were repeated, it would be necessary to assess a biochemical study of blood and urine to rule out primary causes of lithiasis, which could have a specific treatment.

Greetings!

EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/22/2018 5:25 p.m.

Hello @"dixon" my renal problem is not because of my diabetes it is because of a disease that I have to be immunological that is called dermatomioxitis that I have many other health problems for it

joana_joana
02/22/2018 10:12 p.m.

Hello, I was diagnosed with a type two for age at that time 44 years but with symptoms of loss of weight loss of vision of night sweats.Glucometer marked Hi arterial voltage 200 and minimum a minimum infarction insulin for a year and only for age they gave me type 2

Juanka72's profile photo
Juanka72
02/25/2018 2:15 p.m.

Well, maybe it was for age and other data in the medical history.A type 2 diabetes can start as you describe, @"Jucka72"

The subsequent evolution can give more data and that is what the picture has just defined.

EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/25/2018 2:37 p.m.

@"Endocrine anti newage" Diabetes can change type over time?

joana_joana
02/25/2018 7:47 p.m.

Thank you for the explanation for that, these forums are good, I am a neophyte about the disease I always thought it was more age when determining the type of dm entities of the 35 type 1 after the 40 type 2 discarding that if thepancreas does not work in its entirety or not

Juanka72's profile photo
Juanka72
02/25/2018 8:36 p.m.

@"Joana_Joana" The short answer is that no, it cannot change (type).Peero Type 2 diabetes typically begins with insulin resistance, but without lack of secretion, and over the years this secretion can be deteriorated progressively and the insulin reserve exhausted.And a patient with type 1 diabetes can gain weight and develop insulin resistance, overlapping this problem to the secretion, which has already has from the beginning.

@"JUANKA72" Age is important, but there may be type 2 diabetes at 20 years and type 1 diabetes that start at 70, even if it is not the most common.What matters is the entire clinical picture, the weight, the time of evolution of the symptoms, if debuted in simple hyperglycemia, in ketosis, or in ketoacidosis, the presence of family history, the coexistence of other findings of the metabolic syndrome (Low HDL, high triglycerides, risk waist perimeter ...) and especially the evolution of the disease once you treat it.Many times at the beginning there are doubts.

EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/25/2018 9:35 p.m.

Thank you very much for clarifying my doubts is that at this point I did not have my first date with the endocrine my head doctor and one neatly know the disease to know how to cope the day to day and you are right my father and his father areDiabetics and by maternal line I am a second generation diabetic with triglycerides in 500 and 100 kilos of weight I am already in 75 jy learning to calculate the hydrates since it only uses toujeo insulin 20 units a day a day

Juanka72's profile photo
Juanka72
02/26/2018 1:30 p.m.

@"JUANKA72" But don't you use fast insulin?I have type 2 diabetes and I have never had more than 45 kilos

joana_joana
02/26/2018 7:39 p.m.

Juaka72 said:
My father and his father are diabetic and by maternal line I am a second generation diabetic with triglycerides in 500 and 100 kilos of weight I am already in 75 jy learning to calculate the hydrates sinceonly use toujeo 20 units a day

Exactly, @"Juanka72", in your case all this weighs all this than age when opting for the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes. Congratulations on weight loss, it is an achievement.With that weight loss, in a type 2 diabetes of one year of evolution, only with toujeo and metformin you should have excellent control.You don't comment on metformin.Don't you take it for adverse effects?Or has it not tried to try?I most dm2 cases that I see like this (that they lose so much weight), within a few months they can be removed all insulin and only with metformin are well controlled (with HBA1C of less than 6% many times).Let's see what the endocrine tells you.

EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/26/2018 7:46 p.m.

@"Endocrinaantinewage" Kidney treatments rises sugar, right?

Because I think that is what the glycemic lack of control for the kidneys I am taking 6 units of Alvograf and acetrol

joana_joana
02/26/2018 7:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.