{'en': 'Today I learned that my diabetes is type 2', 'es': 'Hoy me he enterado de que mi diabetes es tipo 2'} Image

Today I learned that my diabetes is type 2

joana_joana's profile photo   02/19/2018 10:28 p.m.

Some immunosuppressive medications, especially calcineurin inhibitors (such as tacrolimus, which is advagraph that you comment) have a tendency to cause hyperglycemia (high sugar).They are used both to avoid rejection in a kidney transplant and, as I see, to treat some cases of dermatomyositis (I imagine it will be your case).In renal transplants it is not uncommon that they have hyperglycemia due to the use of these drugs.In transplants, in addition, corticosteroids are used, which also upload sugar.

If you mean ezetrol (if you want to confirm that it is not another name and I have interpreted it badly), it is a treatment to lower cholesterol when the statins are or statins are contraindicated or with statinsGet it to lower it enough, and as far as I know, it does not climb the sugar.

Greetings

EndocrinaAntiNewAge's profile photo
EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/26/2018 8:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Endocrinaantinewage"

joana_joana's profile photo
joana_joana
02/26/2018 8:48 p.m.

I am not a nephrologist, but as far as I know, dermatomyositis itself can cause mephropathy/membranous nephropathy/glomerulopathy, and not the treatments.I understand that the change of treatment does it to you because they have seen that despite the previous one (and not "thanks to"), it has not been possible to stop, and that is why they change you to a more effective one.

In any case, any worsening that causes you in glycemic control can be handled with insulin or whatever is needed.Cheer up!

EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/26/2018 9:32 p.m.

Not only do I toujeo for now in 3 months I must make an analytical to see if the previous levels that with so much lost weight I hope that my levels are fasting between 90 and 100 two hours after eating between 120 and150 and at night before sleeping between 90 and 100 I hope you withdraw the insulin soon thank you very much for your clarifications a greeting

Juanka72's profile photo
Juanka72
02/27/2018 9:47 a.m.

Joana_Joana said:
@"Juaka72" but don't you use fast insulin?I have type 2 diabetes and I have never had more than 45 kilos

I do not use quick insulin that helps me to have a balanced diet and forces me to do physical exercise inmajinate that I would not count or weigh the hydrates to eat everything that seems to me knowing that the rapid insulin lowers me

Juanka72's profile photo
Juanka72
02/27/2018 9:51 a.m.

@"Joana_joana" In your case there are more complex factors, which facilitate a "insulin resistance" diabetes even if you have no overweight.

@"JUANKA72" In your case you do not have a quick insulin because it is not necessary.The profile of a type 2 diabetic is insulinor resistance: that is, a tendency to morning hyperglycemia, with very little postprandial rise, although 6 rations of hydrates, and without putting quick insulin (so it is rare that a type 2 diabetic need insulinFast at least during the first years, and in case of insulin, it is almost always only basal or even NPH, because many only need insulin that acts during the night).And also in your case, if you have lost so much weight, probably nor the first thing I have said.Let's see what the endocrine tells you, but with 20 U of toujeo and weighing 75 kg, you are putting 0.26 IU/kg of weight (very little).I think that with metformin one could try to reduce insulin until you withdraw and probably your controls or immute and stay as they are now.

EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/27/2018 12:03 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.