{'en': 'Freestyle patches taken off', 'es': 'Parches FreeStyle despegado'} Image

Freestyle patches taken off

Tilde Hache's profile photo   04/30/2017 12:34 p.m.

Good afternoon,

Yesterday I put on a new Free Style patch and when I had 45 minutes with him, I put on a shirt and took off, has it ever happened to you?

Call, but there is no customer service on weekends and I want them to send me a new one, because I didn't even take glucose, but I don't know if they contemplate this as their mistake to send me a new one.

Can you help me?How can I consider Abbott?

Thanks and greetings.

Tilde Hache's profile photo
Tilde Hache
04/30/2017 12:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think the best thing is to tell them the truth, they are quite friendly and to me a problem that I had sent me another.It is rare what happened to you, the glue they bring is quite strong and it costs me to take it off the arm, I always depil the area before putting it because if not when I start it I see the stars.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
04/30/2017 8:13 p.m.

Surely if you have taken off it is because you would not put it well with the applicator, because the freestyle sensors last perfectly last the 14 days (both in reliability in the readings and in the glue).In any case, Callals, they will attend you wonderful.I have changed 2 sensors for imprecise glucose readings without any problem.Abott attends phenomenal (as I say, at least in my case ...).

JPR's profile photo
JPR
05/01/2017 12:50 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Thank you very much.

I have also used them more times and they have not taken off, but this time.It does not happen, until it happens ... just like other things with the insulin bomb that have not happened to me in 6 years and now they suddenly happen to me ...

In the end!That thanks and I hope you have no problems.

Tilde Hache
05/02/2017 9:08 a.m.

Calls and tell them that he has taken off.My daughter took off the previous one at 5 days and no problem, in fact they did not even ask me to return it, which they did before.
So far that the change of adhesive they said they had made, but in the latter it seems that we have returned to the above, within a few days you see how the edges begin to worship, and we have to protect it.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
05/02/2017 9:40 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Call and change it;To me the last two that expired on April 30 they took off, one caught it on time and fastened it with an adhesive, the other asked for the change and sent it to me.

I get the impression (it is an assumption) that since there have been many skin reactions to the last adhesives that were very powerful, they have changed it again and does not hit so much.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/03/2017 11:01 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Ruthbia", I have the same feeling, we are many to take off.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
05/03/2017 11:31 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Good to all!Call yesterday and has not put any paste.

It is true, that when I took my finger on my finger and hardly hit ... different feeling to those that I had previously ...

I imagine they will take note and improve.

Thank you all!

Tilde Hache
05/03/2017 12:22 p.m.

If @"Tilde Hache" I had the same feeling, I didn't hit anything ... In fact I put it and fell directly to the ground without touching it ... the next I ran with the adhesive ... I caught it "in extremis."

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/04/2017 9:35 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I am putting 2 layers of liquid skin tac before putting the sensor and sticks very well apart with Kinesiotope, I want it to last 14 days without shocks !!!The last with this system did not leave me allergy (I cross my fingers)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/04/2017 10:08 a.m.

I don't have fastening problems, but I have a question now that summer is approaching and we will all go swimming or the pools, silver etc
My question would be if the sensor endures the water, I like to swim and I don't know if I can take it thanks

macas's profile photo
macas
05/09/2017 11:23 a.m.

That should ask Abbott directly, or your endocrine.I understand that it will endure the water because we can shower with them, but I do not know if exceeding time will affect adhesion.

All the best.

Tilde Hache
05/09/2017 2:07 p.m.

Hello, to see if you can help me, when you say they take off, the adhesive falls?To me tonight, the "button" of the adhesive has been separated and the filament has come out.Has anyone happened to someone?I just talked to Abott, I have been asked if I said I change it, but I don't remember, they will send me another but they ask me to return it.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
12/26/2017 4:22 p.m.

They send you an envelope to make the defective sensor forward, they always do it @"merchem"

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
12/28/2017 4:27 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I have a question about this measurement system, to see if you can help me.
In the last consultation with my endocrine I told me about this product again and I am going around whether to start using it or not.My question comes because for a year, I go to the pool and the gym, so would there be any problem with the sensor when performing one of those activities?On the pool for the issue that can be taken off and the gym because, if I'm not mistaken with a needle and, I don't know if when lifting weight can be annoyed or something.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
12/28/2017 10:01 p.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

@"Alb85" In principle there is no problem to use it in the pool or in the gym, it is water resistant and me in the gym has never given me any problem for doing any type of weight of weights or musculation machines, I alwaysI have it protected by some dressing because although it is guaranteed to take it without "anything" I prefer not to take surprises and last the 14 days.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/28/2017 10:53 p.m.

For pool the gluteus is very good option because it is not seen and the swimsuit covers it.For the gym I don't know .... I don't put it in my arm because I have already lost two with silly blows or the backpack.

Of course, always protected with adhesive or tape.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/29/2017 12:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello good,
I sometimes have problems with the adhesive especially the first days, then it usually is held better.I go to the gym, I do BTT, play at rugby .... and with an elastic bandage it is usually enough to not have problems.I have also noticed that each sensor is different, some cost me a lot to take them off and others almost fall alone.
All the best

lemurdiabético's profile photo
lemurdiabético
01/04/2018 6:55 p.m.

I join this topic, as a freestyle user that I am.You can swim in the pool and go to the gym with the sensor without problem.I take it without any protection, even in summer, I only carry the sensor as is, and it is always perfect and measures perfect.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/05/2018 12:08 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Hello!!I would like to know how they did to communicate with Freestyle since I can't find any claim number!Thanks

AgusNavarro's profile photo
AgusNavarro
05/18/2018 10:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.