{'en': 'Glycosylated Hemoglobin Meter (HBA1C)', 'es': 'Medidor de hemoglobina glicosilada (HbA1c)'} Image

Glycosylated Hemoglobin Meter (HBA1C)

Amélie's profile photo   07/27/2017 11:36 a.m.

I just learned that Bayer took a glycosylated hemoglobin meter to the market (attached photo).

Does anyone have it?And if so, are you happy?

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/27/2017 11:36 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't see it necessary to have it.You won't be looking at every day.One over time knows if the thing goes well or not.With controlling it two or three times a year I think it is enough.The important thing is day to day and change guidelines as we see.I go to the endocrine for kidney tests, liver, thyroid, iron ... I know it without telling me I can fail a little in my calculations but my life will remain the same, trying to do well.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/27/2017 2:50 p.m.

You may be right @"Anaisabel" and it is not very useful to have it ... Thank you.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/27/2017 5:36 p.m.

@Amelie, if you get enough controls, you can have it very approximate with the glycometer average.The glucometers make you the average every 15 days or a month.
If it gives you an average of 120, the glycosilada will be around 6.You can check it with your analytics,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/29/2017 12:24 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks @"Regina".Yes, indeed the application of the mobile (Contour) gives me the average of the last 7, 14, 30 and 90 days.
Lately I get up with the highest glucose than usual.If I ceno at about 21:30, what glucose value would the "adequate" at 08:30 in the morning?I understand that if it is above 100/110 it is already considered high, right?

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/29/2017 10:44 a.m.

No, you can't adjust too much because you run the risk of hypo.You can move between 70 and 160, but there will always be times when you are not there.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/29/2017 12:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Already ... I understand, thank you.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/29/2017 12:32 p.m.

amélie said:
thanks @"regina".Yes, indeed the application of the mobile (Contour) gives me the average of the last 7, 14, 30 and 90 days.
Lately I get up with the highest glucose than usual.If I ceno at about 21:30, what glucose value would the "adequate" at 08:30 in the morning?I understand that if it is above 100/110 it is already considered high, right?

The first-hour glucose must be between 80-110, but there are many factors that you can make you get out of that range (Alba phenomenon, for example, which more or less happens to everyone one third of the nights).In any case, absolutely nothing happens if one day, for example, you get up with 145 mg/dl.The important thing is that you check with your freestyle that during the night you have not been higher.As @"regina" tells you, in type I diabetes it is difficult to always move within the range.With an insulin pump it is easier, but with injections it is almost impossible, and we have to assume that, due to the variability of the disease, we will not always be within the range: sometimes we will be in 180 and sometimes in 70, butIt is not important, provided we know how to act, be they specific things and most of the day if we move in "objectives" values ​​...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/30/2017 5:45 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Lately I usually be at about 9:00 or 09:30.The problem is that if I get up at 8:00 I find that I am in 123, for example, and I am unable to have breakfast.You may have to advance dinner at 9:00 p.m.
Soon I have an appointment with my educator, I will consult it.
Thanks, @"jpr".

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/31/2017 11:08 a.m.

amélie said:
lately I usually be at about 9:00 or 09:30.The problem is that if I get up at 8:00 I find that I am in 123, for example, and I am unable to have breakfast.You may have to advance dinner at 9:00 p.m.
Thanks, @"jpr".

I do not understand some "doubts" regarding glycemic levels, I do not know if it is for augmentation with the disease or lack of information or to inform yourself.A type 1 diabetic cannot have a flat glucose like a non -diabetic (which neither has a flat glucose, you can check it by making measurements before and after eating a non -diabetic person), no matter how much related in insulin and food doses, there are many variables whose control is out of our reach that modify the insulin level.The orientation that indicates 80-110 as an ideal is very beautiful on paper, but I repeat there are a thousand and one things after every second, minute and time of the day that can alter that level.To say that with an fasting glucose you have 123 and that you think about breakfast is crazy and if you put insulin on top of correcting a "suicide" to a more than probable hypoglycemia.None of us/thus like to see levels that get out of the normal range, but we have to live with that idea of ​​variability, because then other diabetes conditions would be the loss of sanity.All the best

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/31/2017 12:39 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@"Amélie" you have to know breakfast, eat, and dinner with any level of glucose (or eat at any time, if you feel like), since thousands of times you will reach a meal outside that target range of 80-110.In the case of a glucose of 123 mg/dl I consider it perfect.Today I have had breakfast with 119 mg/dl, for example, but yesterday I had breakfast with 148 mg/dl and simply it is about adding more insulin to the corresponding bolus and waiting a little more before starting to eat (or apply the separate correction, clicking onTwice, if blood glucose is very high (this usually works very well with 160 or more)..... What would you do if a day of lifts with 190?

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/31/2017 12:45 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I get up to 241 today and what happens?Well, to breakfast.You will be accustomed, you will always have the peaks.You will have a few seasons better than others, but you find that many things influence and you can't control @amelie.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/31/2017 2:09 p.m.

luvi said:
amélie said:
lately I usually be at 100 at 9:00 or 09:30.The problem is that if I get up at 8:00 I find that I am in 123, for example, and I am unable to have breakfast.You may have to advance dinner at 9:00 p.m.
Thanks, @"jpr".

I do not understand some "doubts" regarding glycemic levels, I do not know if it is for augmentation with the disease or lack of information or to inform yourself.A type 1 diabetic cannot have a flat glucose like a non -diabetic (which neither has a flat glucose, you can check it by making measurements before and after eating a non -diabetic person), no matter how much related in insulin and food doses, there are many variables whose control is out of our reach that modify the insulin level.The orientation that indicates 80-110 as an ideal is very beautiful on paper, but I repeat there are a thousand and one things after every second, minute and time of the day that can alter that level.To say that with an fasting glucose you have 123 and that you think about breakfast is crazy and if you put insulin on top of correcting a "suicide" to a more than probable hypoglycemia.None of us/thus like to see levels that get out of the normal range, but we have to live with that idea of ​​variability, because then other diabetes conditions would be the loss of sanity.GREETING

I suppose that I only try to extend as much as possible the "honeymoon".
When using (for now) only slow insulin I can't correct anything.What I do is get my dog ​​before breakfast to go down a little.(It is not an option that I like because despite being in 120 or more I do not find myself well until breakfast, but I have no other option).

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/31/2017 3:20 p.m.

jpr said:
@"amélie" you have to know breakfast, eat, and have dinner with any glucose level (or eat at any time, if you feel like it), since thousands of times you are going toReach a meal outside that target range of 80-110.In the case of a glucose of 123 mg/dl I consider it perfect.Today I have had breakfast with 119 mg/dl, for example, but yesterday I had breakfast with 148 mg/dl and simply it is about adding more insulin to the corresponding bolus and waiting a little more before starting to eat (or apply the separate correction, clicking onTwice, if blood glucose is very high (this usually works very well with 160 or more)..... What would you do if a day of lifts with 190?

As I told Luvi, being still on "honeymoon" I just get slow, so I can't correct insulin before meals.
Being on vacation I can afford to take a walk before breakfast to lower the glucose a bit.(If I couldn't, I would have breakfast equally ... even if I wake up with 190; I have a lot of respect for hyperglycemia, especially because I do not notice them on many occasions).I guess another valid option could be breakfast that day less hydrates and increase a bit what I take in the middle of the morning.
Thank you.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/31/2017 3:33 p.m.

anaisabel said:
I today got up to 241 and what happens?Well, to breakfast.You will be accustomed, you will always have the peaks.You will have a few seasons better than others, but you find that many things influence and you can't control @amelie.

Yes ... mood, for example, greatly influences me.Thank you.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/31/2017 3:42 p.m.

But although it is in "honeymoon" you should have fast insulin at home."The honeymoon" does not warn when it ends or how much it will last, imagine that one day comes that the levels of trigger caught you that the closed pharmacies are already and the next day it is festive and you have no quick insulin to apply.I would have to go to the emergency department, I don't know it's a big risk.If, on the contrary, if you have fast insulin at home, it is a matter of seeing if with 123 glycemia for example at breakfast does not shoot and maintain or even descend with exercise, but it is better to administer the fast doses than you need thatrisk."The honeymoon" are the last sighs of your pancreas and since everyone happened to us at the time, do not believe that the miracle will work and it will be resanim and work again.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/31/2017 4:40 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

:)) Thank you for this laugh !!!)I am aware of it;The least thought day sends me for a walk.
Yes, I have the fast at home but for now only for an urgency.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/31/2017 7:30 p.m.

@"Luvi" what happens is that who has not happened in the first year that we thought that how much less insulin we get, we are "less diabetic";Until one day he thinks and you realize that it doesn't matter 1u when you are still on the honeymoon than to put on 12u when the honeymoon flew ..?:-?Diabetes is the same click 1 or click 20 units.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/31/2017 10:24 p.m.

I used it for more than 2 years but they only had it in pharmacies and cost the test € 10
For home not because it brought 10 and expired before they could use them all so I continue to do the test in pharmacy but now with another of another brand

Mariajesusavidal's profile photo
Mariajesusavidal
08/06/2017 12:18 a.m.

I return to this topic.After reading research on the Internet and send a mail to Bayer from my neighboring country where they told me that the portable meter is no longer sold ... x Spain di do they sell it?I think that in young children or people who have panic to get blood in a laboratory, where the fate of whoever takes you, if they make you hurt, or leave you all the arm with bruises ... My son has to be done every three monthsAnd his screams are heard throughout the hospital, a portable meter and to be able to do it at home every three months would be for my son and for me a tranquility.I don't know what accuracy has its result

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/08/2017 4:38 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.