{'en': 'Depression', 'es': 'Depresión'} Image

Depression

magdaneni's profile photo   07/22/2018 10:57 p.m.

Hello everyone.

As I said in my presentation, I only have been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes me for a little more than a week.

Since then, I suppose that like everyone else, there is no other than glycemia controls, insulin doses, food and walk a little (not much, I still get tidal at times).

Obviously I have my moments, and surely it is still very soon, but I would like to ask you something.

Is there depression risk?

It turns out that today I had a little bad day, all the time made me want to cry and I couldn't control myself.And at the end of the afternoon I have had to go to the emergency room because suddenly I have dizzy, I saw everything blurred and it hurt, I was numb the left side of my body, a big scare, go.

In the Emergency Department they have taken sugar (I didn't have much, 180, at home I had given me 212) and they have made me an electro.Everything was fine.The doctor has told me that it was an anxiety attack, and he has given me some lorazepams in case he continued (I doubt it).

On the way home he has given me an uncontrollable cry.Now, after dinner I feel a little better ...

Has similar things happen to you?

Have you needed a psychologist or psychiatrist?

They may be very obvious things, but it is costing me a lot to face this.

Greetings to everyone.

magdaneni's profile photo
magdaneni
07/22/2018 10:57 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1 desde 11-07-18. Aprendiendo a vivir con esto.

Hello @"magdaneni".I had a very bad time when I was diagnosed with type I diabetes a year and a half ago.What worse was the enormous lack of freedom I felt.Little by little I began to read on the subject and learned of all the complications I could suffer if I did not take care of me.It was very hard ... I also had days of crying, of not wanting to go to meals with friends and even stopped going to the movies because I could not give me the pleasure of taking me a popcorn.But little by little I found myself better, I realized that this attitude did not take me anywhere and tried to organize my life knowing that "she" will always be there.At first everything was made to me a world: counting rations, thinking about whether I was going to rise faster or slower depending on what it started etc.etc.Then I started calculating everything "by eye", you know your body, how it reacts ...

At the end of January my glycemias began to faint and this generated horrible stress.At that time I began to read what other alternatives (at diet level) we have the diabetics.I am currently a very low diet in carbohydrates and for now I am very happy.Of course I have good and less good days, but you learn to deal with them.It helps me a lot to walk listening to music.Another thing that has helped me a lot is to be very convinced of my decisions: I could eat more carbohydrates in order to get more insulin ... but I don't want to do it.When I am eating outside and they offer me a piece of cheese cake with jam I do not answer "I can't" answer "I don't want" and it is true that I don't want it, that hurts me, I don't want it ... and I feel how I haveRecovered part of the freedom I felt lost.I would like to give you many spirits, little by little you will learn to live with diabetes, take a little time and, above all, decide that you will continue to make your life (with some modifications, but making your life).

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/22/2018 11:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much, today I am somewhat better, but I suppose this goes at times.

magdaneni
07/23/2018 8:35 a.m.

Welcome to the "Magdaneni" forum, courage with the first days, you'll see how little by little you will be doing with the handling of diabetes, I hope you have a long "honeymoon" to facilitate adaptation without many complications,The most important thing is that you learn to control glucose.

I will leave you two links to topics that I think they may be interested:

Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
07/23/2018 9:02 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@"Magdaneni" Much encouragement, we have all gone through that and it is hard but as you get used to getting better and better.There is a lot of information to assimilate but little by little it becomes a routine and a normal life can be made.Try not to overwhelm much at the beginning with all the information and learn everything you can gradually.The more it is easier to wear good control.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/23/2018 9:41 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you all, you are very helpful, lucky to have found the forum.

magdaneni
07/23/2018 2:20 p.m.

@"Magdaneni" "What tells you that I think that 95% of the diagnosed has happened to us the same or similar, I had to take the work decline for 2 months for newly diagnosed anxiety and depression, and the best of TIt is that I lost 25kl, that I don't know how I did now there is no way.
Well, the reaction is normal after the beginning I do not think that anyone celebrates having been diagnosed with diabetes, but little by little you are assimilating and understanding and you get it much better, if it is true that you will have days that bother you a little and others that you do not remember, but little by little you live with her and without problem
encouragement and greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/29/2018 12:25 p.m.

Friend, I think that happened to us all at the beginning.At least you already know that it is something definitive and that will help you organize and remake your life.In my case I have induced diabetes (according to my primary care doctor) by inhaled corticosteroids (Floticone propionate) that I took for six months for a respiratory allergy that caused me asthma.As soon as I suspended the treatment I lowered the glycems and I usually have them in normal values, I have also put on a diet because I had 15 kilos of overweight and I have been going down, now I am in my normal weight.But, sometimes, I still have some peak like 128 on an empty stomach (I know it's not much) or 160 at two hours after eating.The two times it has coincided with menstruation.And at night, around two in the morning, sometimes I also rise above 126, it sometimes gives me values ​​above 140, about 145 or 148.

The truth is that I do not know what to think because my endocrine tells me that I have type 2 headbands because the glycosylated hemoglobin that made me three months ago gave 6.93, however my other doctor continues to say that they are the cortisonas and that this isIt will be removed as time passes.In September they repeat glycosylated hemoglobin.

Then I have had acute cystitis and since then my kidneys are fatal, especially the right that does not stop to give me punctures.I am also very dehydrated urine very little and reddish dark yellow.I hope that when tomorrow they give me the result of the analysis they did last week of the urine something can be excited.The truth is that I am quite discouragement, I also need sleeping pills and I have my head like a hype because I no longer know what to wait.

My mother and grandmother were type 2 diabetics that increases my risk that I am too.

Just telling you that much encouragement because if we decline it is much worse.It is only necessary to learn to live with it.

Bea Claro de Luna's profile photo
Bea Claro de Luna
07/29/2018 4:48 p.m.

Thank you so much.The truth is that talking with other diabetics helps a lot, because I feel it is a roller coaster and now I see difficult to control glucose tango as the emotion about it.

Again, thank you very much.

magdaneni
07/29/2018 7:06 p.m.

It has happened to us all and the one who says that he does not sure he lies.I happened to me and I have lived with her all my life (sister, father, diabetic cousins ​​before me .....) Of course the strongest period was when it was type 2 and had to be on pills and strict regime.... What more bad Christmas, not being able to eat.And today, even if you just accepting it, it is normal for some thought to come.I then concentrated in the now, in what I am doing and full of my head with that instead of with depressive thoughts.cheer up

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
07/30/2018 7:41 p.m.

Much encourage @"Magdaneni" What can I tell you?That you have to pass it and gradually exceed the first weeks.

I spent 2 weeks with low when he debuted and gave me diabetic presbyopy when they put the insulin and I had urine and candidas infection.The doctor insisted is that I could not live the first days and forced me to live again with my parents .... Arjjj.I love you madly ... but everyone at home.It was continued persecution with measurements, meals, insulin, exercise ....
We are going for a few weeks to remember.
I asked me voluntary ... With that I tell you everything.

Today I make normal life, controlled but I am not deprived of doing anything.Come on, I don't enter home ... :) Of course ... my mother calls me every day to know so I'm fine :)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/30/2018 8:12 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you so much.I still continue with dances, but not as much as the day I wrote it.I have my moments.Of course, I am still costing me and I can't get the idea of ​​everything.In addition, when I thought I was in more or less normal values, low values ​​and a slight hypo began to arrive.

I am "luck" that has caught me on vacation (with trips that I had to cancel).

I'm glad to talk to who has gone through something similar.It is also costing me that my environment is aware of everything that means this.

Thanks guys!

magdaneni
07/31/2018 12:46 a.m.

@"Magdaneni", you will give you a lot of security to know how each insulin works and learn to handle it.
At the beginning of the treatment the "honeymoon" is usually presented, which is a variable period of time, in which the pancreas reacts and the insulin needs fall.
As you comment that they are giving you down, maybe that's why.
You will need to reduce slow.
You will have consultation with educator, to learn.
Dose changes is better to make them one in one unit and wait two days to see results.
Read a lot, write down everything and stuse yourself to yourself to control you well. If you get in control, you will overcome the diagnosis shock and recover tranquility.
But everything takes time.Little by little...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/31/2018 4:46 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yes, I have lowered some dose, and so I am studying.Let's see how I follow, but I see it difficult.I do not say that I will not get it, but I think it will cost me.

Thank you so much.

magdaneni
07/31/2018 8:31 a.m.

Yes, you see that depression surpasses you, eat it with the doctor, that it also has treatment and there is no reason to suffer from the account.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/31/2018 11:06 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I guess it will be at first and there will be moments of downturn, I also work on it, yes.

magdaneni
07/31/2018 11:16 a.m.

magdaneni said:
yes, they have lowered some dose, and I am, studying.Let's see how I follow, but I see it difficult.I do not say that I will not get it, but I think it will cost me.

Thank you very much.

Of course you will get it of course !!!!
We have all had bad times, moments in which the convicted person does not look a human form of lowering it, personal, sports, work moments where some have played us, but all the people who have diabetes have to change the first word of the dictionary and change for"Fight !!", our heads are computers in continuous work process, but we have something that nobody has, when we try or managed to do something that we thought would be complicated or impossible our satisfaction multiplies x 10 referring to a person who does not have diabetes.
The principle is complicated, the formation never ends if one wants, but be clear about one thing you can fight with your diabetes, but do not think of facing it, because for now nobody will take it off.
Come a lot of encouragement and dream !!!!Life are two days and although we fall we have to get up and continue without stopping !!!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/31/2018 12:58 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello,
My advice is different ... Take it easy !!!
Your way of living inevitably has changed, you have other needs to learn.For, stop, and learn them.Society and the world keep turning, everyone follows at 1000 per hour and you have to stop, get off the donkey, assume that you have a serious and chronic illness and learn to handle it.Do not want to follow everyone's rhythm and be like everyone else because you will sink.You are no longer like one more.You have new problems that most ignore.So little by little, step by step ... do not fall into the trap that because it is diabetic you have to demonstrate ... that sinks after time. Sometimes it is very good and it seems that everything goes like silk andMany times this is a nightmare.And any secondary problem, whether health, psychological or environmental becomes a greater discomfort adding diabetes.
We must assume what we have ... without falling into unhappiness.I think trying to prove is when we fall into depression.
I am diabetic, I eat the world to snacks ... but I have limitations and I have no choice but to lower my head and accept ... because they are real ... they are there.
All the best.

Ss1's profile photo
Ss1
07/31/2018 1:22 p.m.

Yes, this resembles what I am living.And no, trying to live as a heroine for me makes sense now, but rather learn from the disease, from my body, and see how I can live as decent and quietly as possible.Moreover, the vision of everything around me has changed a lot in three weeks.

Thanks a lot.

magdaneni
07/31/2018 1:41 p.m.

What insulins have you prescribed you?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/31/2018 1:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.