{'en': 'EANSENSE CGM - Implantable device that controls diabetes 6 months', 'es': 'Eversense CGM - Dispositivo implantable que controla la diabetes 6 meses'} Image

EANSENSE CGM - Implantable device that controls diabetes 6 months

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/27/2018 7:38 p.m.

It is already a reality!

Pharmaceutical Roche Diabetes Care has launched a implantable sensor for people with diabetes that measures the blood sugar level continuously for 6 months, 12 times more than any other device available in Europe, without having to change it every 15 days.

The new sensor allows to detect and correct serious hyper situations or hypommias, even during the night, thanks to a sophisticated vibration alert system, and, unlike other sensors, their readings are not affected by the taking of drugs such asParacetamol.

"We are very satisfied to bring this advance to people who live with diabetes. Our goal is to offer a comprehensive management of this disease, improving the quality of life with solutions adapted to the needs of their day to day," said LisaHuse, general director of Roche Diabetes Care Spain.

The new system consists of three interconnected elements: a glucose sensor, an intelligent transmitter and a mobile application.

The sensor is a small capsule, the size of a pill, which is implanted in the upper arm, and the transmitter is placed on the sensor, which is rechargeable and water resistant.

From there the data is sent to an application installed in the 'smartphone' of the user that allows you to see the readings in real time.

One of the characteristics of the system is that the sensor and the transmitter are not physically connected as in the rest of the continuous meters.

The transmitter adheres to the surface of the arm and can be extracted at any time, and, when the transmitter battery is re -placed, the implanted sensor activates and it, in turn, sends the data to the transmitter, which calculates theglucose values ​​and transfers them by 'Bluetooth' to the patient's phone.

In addition, the transmitter has the ability to store registered values ​​and provide vibratory alerts that the patient can notice in his arm when glucose levels are too high or too low.

This new implantable system has been tested in 87 patients from eleven hospitals in Spain for 3 months.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/27/2018 7:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

For 3 months?So little?And think that there are research and discoveries that have been with the tests for years ... ... what a delirium

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
07/28/2018 7:51 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Link

Look at this video and then tell me if this is a great advance.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/28/2018 1:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

With that size in the transmitter, no.
If it was reliable and minimize the transmitter
, it would be a great advance.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/28/2018 2:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

What a carnage, that must destroy the nerves and peripheral circulation from which it is embedded.With what I doubt it can be put many times in the same place.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/28/2018 2:25 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

The capsule also smaller, of course.But, to be in contact with blood, it seems much safer.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/28/2018 2:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

regina said:
the capsule also smaller, of course.But, to be in contact with blood, it seems much safer.

But measures sugar directly in the blood or interstitial fluid?

I just looked for it and simply measures the interstitial fluid, we go with 15 minutes of delay and it is equally inaccurate that everyone.

Link

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/28/2018 2:45 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Well, then it is no advance :(
Since they put it inside, they could take advantage of the blood

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/28/2018 2:56 p.m.

I upload this thread so that we can comment information that users have.

Thank you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/09/2018 11:55 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

It is certainly another step but not the solution.He saves you with respect to the other MCG to have to change it every 15 days.I see multiple inconveniences as a very traumatic placement, risk of infection, risk of intolerance and finally I can think of the biggest problem: very high cost.It requires the application by a doctor through outpatient surgery.As much as the device drops in price this inconvenience makes public financing impossible.But well, it is the way to a permanent or long dyspisitive.Let it be welcome

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/10/2018 9:09 a.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

It seems to me that the price is very passing to consider it an option (in my view), with another price that caught the attention, it could be an alternative (for me).But neither does it surprise me that instead of reducing costs, what manufacturers want is to spend more.It is incredible that we can have very affordable prices with low cost alternatives in MCG, but what they get, is simply to cost you more money (of your pocket).When all this is paid social security, to do what they want (who cares about the price of glucose strips, if they are almost free? Anyone), but while this is so green (they do not finance), they should thinkin offering a good quality-price ratio, and not minimally increasing benefits (the people on foot do not note-no one can notice-the difference, in paper, from a Mard from 9 to a MRD of 10 by ex) or the ""ornaments ", but increasing prices how they do (reducing consumable life by eg).Systems 6, 7 or 10 years ago, are now fully in force (in fact, in the case of Abbott, superior to what they sell, remember Navigator 1 and 2, which were MCG) for many people who want MCG, andThe rest already fixes it, we have a DIY community for many years that we can do almost what we want, and continue to investigate and test new things in our free time.I have always said it .... An old Dexcom Seven Plus, or an old Navigator II of Abbott, sold today as "low cost", and the same would be a real surprise (the connectivity we will fix it, for which theHe needs, but neither does everyone need it), but of course, if they sell that, the problem would be manufactured, that they could not sell the "last" (even if it is smoke in practice) much more expensive.But this is not new, nor here, in other sectors.
All the best

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
11/10/2018 11:01 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

ignasi_p said:
is certainly one more step but not the solution.Now about the other MCG have to change it every 15 days.Against I see multiple inconveniences as very traumatic placement, risk of infection, risk of intolerance and finally I can think of the biggest problem: very high cost.It requires the application by a doctor through outpatient surgery.As much as the device drops in price this inconvenience makes public financing impossible.But well, it is the way to a permanent or long dyspisitive.Let it be welcome

This mcg would be good I think if with the chip they implant were enough, that is, without having to carry that piece of transmitter on top and have to change the stickers every day that becomes heavy.Surgery, bigger, non -economic, I believe that we all want advances and are getting smaller and smaller, I do not speak of reliability because at present both Dexcom G6 and Eversese are (good Eversese has problems with the theme Luz Ambiento abroad on the outside of thePrinciple During the first 10 days to be reliable, the readings even commented that it had to be covered and not, I hope that this big problem is already solved, but I still do not see chronicles of it, only loose comments), only the Jedi has made apublication regarding it where I believe that the cons excel the pros for what we want.

Particularly the Eversese I believe does not contribute anything new, that you carry an implanted chip but they have to investigate so that this chip emits glucose, that would already be a real advance, the demand for that product would be impressive.But putting something larger and with the inconveniences of surgery as you comment I do not see much sense, the price because they always put it more VAT, they believe that we are a company and we disgrace the VAT, to correct myself in this please becauseI am wrong (and I modify price) by the fiscal reform of 2015 the VAT of the health products became 21 % and with VAT included that it is as prices should give us the end customers because the VAT did not deduct it would be 3,872, 00

Since this laboratory has produced an implantable sensor and endures within the body 6 months should investigate because it emits the glycemia values, time to time and hope that the progress will actually be seen.

The good thing is that we already have a market to choose.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/10/2018 11:09 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Of the price that @jconegar asks me, no idea.I do not understand what you mean by "emit the glycemia values", which does not give blood glycemia but the inserty?Well, that adds a little delay in having the value but it is not the main problem we have today.
Regarding your commentatio @Pabloj2000 that when social security finances it, the price already does not matter, I do not agree since we pay it among all.And so much that we pay it !!!And if you spend money on MCG you don't have for pumps or for treatment of retinopathy or diabetic foot.Include it in SS yes, negotiate the price with the company, not waste and know how to appreciate what we also have

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/10/2018 8:01 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

ignasi_p said:
of the price that @jconegar asks me, no idea.I do not understand what you mean by "emit the glycemia values", which does not give blood glycemia but the inserty?Well, that adds a little delay in having the value but it is not the main problem we have today.
Regarding your commentatio @Pabloj2000 that when social security finances it, the price already does not matter, I do not agree since we pay it among all.And so much that we pay it !!!And if you spend money on MCG you don't have for pumps or for treatment of retinopathy or diabetic foot.Include it in SS yes, negotiate the price with the company, not waste and know how to appreciate what we also have

I mean that what you have implanted that emits the glycemia values, at the beginning of the writing, that would be a real and magnificent advance.All MCG give glucose by interstitial liquid.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/11/2018 12:55 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

It is that you ask for something very difficult.To give venous glycemia the dispute must be implanted .... in the vein !!!
A foreign body in the bloodstream is easy to be colonized by bacteria, cause thrombus, etc.
And that translates into bacteremia, embolisms, ...
I do not use an MCG but if one day they give it to me I prefer a delay of 15 'in having my blood glucose to a pulmonary thromboembolism.Tomorrow there is something that exceeds these problems but for now ...

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/11/2018 7:02 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

ignasi_p said:

When I speak of the SS for example, and the cost, I mean that this is "transparent" for the end user, you will pick it up to the pharmacy and point (the cost will already negotiate who corresponds).Do not take x strips, or x insulin because it is cheaper or more expensive, if not because it is the one you need.With this, I think the same .... to fix the laboratories with the SS, and to us that give us MCG, sensors, transmitters and whatever it takes (without having to make numbers to stretch, repair them, etc.).Of course we all pay it, and with one of us -diabetic- "they lose money", but with the other 15 remaining, for example, of my family that are very healthy, they earn a lot, but that is so (of course, toThe best what they want is not to give us those who need it, but others continue to charge their quotas well, and this does not work that way, it is hard and mature, right?).Of course you have to optimize, but if they do not leave such a short -termist (basically viewed to the following choices) they would see that an MCG is not only much cheaper (which may not be cheap, but that is something else), but the qualityOf life that it provides, it has no comparison (and especially for minors that their parents can monitor it remotely, officially now, unofficially and without any control or supervision by organisms, how we have been doing for years).More money than in glucose strips, I do not think they can (bad) spend ... because a diabetic that may need 8-10 daily strips (type 1 obviously) for that money can put an MCG if they wanted to, reduce complications (money andmuch) and provide a lot of peace of mind, which is also sad that the quality of life of a "sick" puts it price and obstacles.

The MCG for a type 1, and I speak for my experience, has changed my life, it is not better or worse, it is another totally different life (quality of life).When nobody knew what this was here, they even looked at you weird ... I encourage you to try it and tell us ... In any case, my opinion cannot change, I don't know how to live, that was not life (for me, I insist).

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
11/11/2018 8:33 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

If we agree !!!What squeaked me is "to do what they want."Laboratories are allowed to do business but not do what they want.Well on the contrary.The fact that the SS pays it, one of the things for which it must be useful is to adjust prices, not allow an device to self -stroke soon, they sell us a lower quality product than the one that the technology allows, etc.A buyer of thousands of products must obtain better conditions than you or me separately.

Surely the MCG are medium savers.Not only savings in multiple strips but better control carries less complications and therefore less expense in retinopathy, nephropathy, neuropathy, amputations, low, invalidists, premature deaths ... All this, in addition to pain, is money.It sounds very cold but it is like that.

But also be careful, the MCG are not the panacea.Greating diabetological education would not be bad either.A moment ago I responded to a friend who complained that in her debut with insulin the first three visits together (endo, nurse and nutritionist) together do not add up to half an hour.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/11/2018 9:49 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

ignasi_p said:
is that you ask for something very difficult.To give venous glycemia the dispute must be implanted .... in the vein !!!
A foreign body in the bloodstream is easy to be colonized by bacteria, cause thrombus, etc.
And that translates into bacteremia, embolisms, ...
I do not use an MCG but if one day they give it to me I prefer a delay of 15 'in having my blood glucose to a pulmonary thromboembolism.Tomorrow there is something that exceeds these problems but for now ...

I think I have not explained, I do not say that it is in real time, nowhere I have put that, I mean that the emitter is also implanted and that it is a tiny size, this is what I put .....
"This MCG would be good I think if with the chip they implant were enough, that is, without having to carry that piece of transmitter on top"
All the best

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/12/2018 12:28 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

OystersWell forgive.He had not understood.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/12/2018 4:49 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

Good " resurrect

McNulty's profile photo
McNulty
09/25/2021 6:12 p.m.

Padre de un peque con Diabetes tipo 1
- Humalog Junior y Abasaglar
- Freestyle Libre 2 ( Glucose direct )

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.