{'en': 'How is a sensor placed in the buttock?', 'es': 'Cómo se coloca un sensor en el glúteo?'} Image

How is a sensor placed in the buttock?

Dido's profile photo   08/04/2018 5:30 a.m.

Hello,

For a series of reasons, I can't place the sensor on my arm, I have read that there are people who put it in the gut and buttocks, can you tell me what area and how is it going?

Thanks! Greetings to all.

Dido's profile photo
Dido
08/04/2018 5:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Dido" I alternate between left arm (external and internal part), gut (left and right) and buttock (in the area closest to the waist) and in all places I do well and without great differences and that which is whatI put a dressing below to avoid irritation.I also tell you that I put it the night before the sensor that I wear.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/04/2018 11:04 a.m.

dido said:
hello, for a series of reasons I cannot place the sensor in the arm, I have read that there are people who put it in the gut and buttocks, you can tell meIn what zone and what is it going?
Thanks, greetings to all.

In the grooves that do not catch you with the line of underwear, just below and in the belly because on both sides of the navel leaving perhaps a finger and a half or two.
Particularly and after statistics performed where it usually lasts is in the arms.
There is a video that a signing uploaded, in the video does not use Skin Tac that I recommend it, did not put it in the video for not lengthening the same.

Link ;t=2s

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/04/2018 2 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I put it in gluten for a couple of months and I am delighted.I plant it where intramuscular injections are put on the buttocks.Divide this into four and in the upper left area if it is the left buttock and in the upper right area if it is the right buttock, I do not know if I have explained.That's where I put it but there will be a thousand places safer.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/05/2018 12:20 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

In the buttock for 2 years .... 2 fingers below the rubber of the panty.
It measures great but you have to put it 30 hours before activating it with stable blood glucose

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/05/2018 11:08 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
me in the buttock for 2 years .... 2 fingers below the gum of the panty.
It measures great but you have to put it 30 hours before activating it with stable glycemia

I don't finish understanding that you have to put it 30 h before activating it, what sensor do you mean?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/06/2018 12:51 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Freestyle.I wear it day and a half before activating it.30 hours.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/06/2018 10:32 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I wear it the night before, that is, 8 hours and I do well, the 30 hours is reflected in some prospect or somewhere ...?In fact, theoretically, there is no need to put it before, all this are theories and evidence that we have done.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/06/2018 10:56 a.m.

I take it on the side of the thigh, and it measures me great.:)>-

Vetaes's profile photo
Vetaes
08/08/2018 9:44 a.m.

The problem of the legs, at least in my case and I imagine that in most men, they are the hairs and I do not feel like making my wax to put on a sensor.-)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/08/2018 10:04 a.m.

@"sigsauer", no wax is needed, stop your machinilla .., which is the easiest
:)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/08/2018 10:44 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Does the sensor in gluteo + pool do well?

I did a test once, at the beginning everything went from Fabula, but when going to the pool and being in the water (let's put an hour of bathing + sensor at a meter of profuncity more or less) to the freestyle sensor was completelyThe clamp, when I returned home marked normal (96) I started to dinTake it with the capillary and the scare was brutal, a level of sugar of 346 and climb ... I had to put on more insulin and go for a walk because that rose to 400 and had no intention of stopping.So I had to discard an almost new sensor and uncertainty if freestyle is valid for pool:/

Juanlu83's profile photo
Juanlu83
08/08/2018 11:28 a.m.

I am on the beach and without problems, he has never given them to me.The prospect says that it cannot be more than 1 meter deep.Swimming you are not at that depth ... Diving is something else.

8 hours, 30 hours ... is experience.The last one I had 10 hours and has failed without reading.Error 368 After 2 hours of reading not available, wait 10 min.They change it to me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/08/2018 3:29 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I am on the beach and without problems, he has never given them to me.The prospect says that it cannot be more than 1 meter deep.Swimming you are not at that depth ... Diving is something else.

8 hours, 30 hours ... is experience.The last one I had 10 hours and has failed without reading.Error 368 After 2 hours of reading not available, wait 10 min.They change it to me.

The same has failed you for the theme of water and the beach:/ To me the few sensors that have failed me or have always given me reading problems the water has been through ...

Juanlu83's profile photo
Juanlu83
08/08/2018 8:56 p.m.

@"Regina" for a lot of machinilla that passes me, in 14 days and quite before the hair begins to come out and with the sensor stuck that itches that it fucks so I prefer a place with free hair !!!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/08/2018 10:12 p.m.

Hello.I use freestyle and the truth is that I am very "obedient."I have not dared to put it in another place other than the arms because I read a year ago (surely in this forum) that there were people who put it in another place.I called Abbott to consult him and they told me that there was only evidence of his arm effectiveness ... My conclusion: that I did not risk.But of course ... reading you, I want to try

rosanriv's profile photo
rosanriv
08/12/2018 5:09 p.m.

Good to everyone, the same happens to me, I always put it in my arm for not risking but now in summer, and after seeing your comments Tb makes me want to try.

091975's profile photo
08/12/2018 9:37 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

It is totally understandable, they are € 60 and nobody likes to throw them in the trash ... but this is a bit like diabetes, test and error, if we never try we will come out of doubts.

I almost put them in the rest of the sites (gut, ass) than in the arm, in fact, in my arm I am now putting it on the internal part than on the external and in the leg I do not put it forThe hair roll, of course, placed the previous night to remove the one that expires and perfectly protected with kinesiotope.-

@"Rosanriv" Abbott does not ask for photos of the sensor, if there are problems, we always take it in the arm and perfectly placed;They are quite bleeding already !!!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/12/2018 11:11 p.m.

siga said:

I will try then.This morning I put on the new one.For the next one I will try elsewhere (legs or ass, because the belly I have more crushed in insulin).I'll tell you!

rosanriv's profile photo
rosanriv
08/13/2018 1:02 a.m.

That always ... when I call, I always take it where they indicate ... in the arm but 2,5 years ago I have been in the buttock.
The one I have now has a difference with the capillary of 1mg/dl .... Fantastic.Too bad it lasts only 14 days.

The one who broke did not touch the water.I put it at night and activate it in the morning.It cost me a lot to put it, I didn't click the applicator, then it seemed to take off when the applicator was removed.I fixed it well with adhesive, activated it and at 60 min started with errors.I already have the replacement.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/15/2018 1:15 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.