{'en': 'How is a sensor placed in the buttock?', 'es': 'Cómo se coloca un sensor en el glúteo?'} Image

How is a sensor placed in the buttock?

Dido's profile photo   08/04/2018 5:30 a.m.

Hello and thank you all for your comments.
I have encouraged myself to put the sensor in the buttock, 10 hours before passing the sensor ...
The previous ten hours is because you have indicated it, I still know why or why not ...
The only paste is that yesterday the area around the sensor chopped ... Is that normal?Can it be due to the chlorine of the pool?
Thank you so much.A hug

EduardoPM's profile photo
EduardoPM
08/19/2018 2:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I always put it in my arm and after reading the comments I dared to try in the gluteus.The sensor began by sending readings with low value continue until after one day it stopped working, perhaps the needle did not insert well, I do not know.In any case, the experience has not been good, so the next one I put it on my arm again and all good, as always.

xavisur's profile photo
xavisur
08/19/2018 6:32 p.m.

xavisur said:
I always put it in my arm and after reading the comments I dared to try in the buttock.The sensor began by sending readings with low value continue until after one day it stopped working, perhaps the needle did not insert well, I do not know.In any case, the experience has not been good, so the next one I put it on my arm again and all good, as always.

The same thing happened to me, placed a couple of times in the thigh and I had a bad experience, you have to try.In the end my conclusion is always in the right arm the only difference is that I upload it or under a little but that is where they last me more, where I have better lesures and where at night as I sleep on the left side I do not give me problems.Also try once in the belly and more of the same.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
08/20/2018 8:25 a.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

There is a user's YouTube video, with whom I agree, he says that the sensors would have to work well in the places where we usually click, that is, arm, ass, gut and leg, I except in the leg (that I have not tried) in the rest of the sites I have had no problem, luck, placement, good sensors .. ??In the arm there are also sensors that give error so that more than the place of placement I think it is a sensor or failure failure of the placement of the same.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/20/2018 10:48 a.m.

There are some that bite but will depend on each person.It may be that in that area you are more sensitive to adhesive.
One of the time it hurt a lot, I put on the deadline 24 hours to take it out if I followed the pain but it happened to me and I had it without problems.
You will tell us how it measures you.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/20/2018 12:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello good evening!I am new here, I have put the sensor for the first time in the upper part of the buttock but it gives me error.The truth is that I only put it 4h before.As soon as I passed it, I have marked me and then I try again 10 min.The truth is that I was very happy to release the arms a season but now I am afraid to put another new one in the buttock.
I have read that many take it and the truth is that I see it a more practical place.
What do you advise me?

mariaml's profile photo
mariaml
06/19/2021 1:09 a.m.

I do not understand that "I have put it in gluteo and as I have failed I will not put it anymore in gluteo" ... it is not failing sensors putting them on the arms too !!

To me in my arms someone has failed me (by putting it new normally), now I have tried in glutearm.

Sag21's profile photo
Sag21
06/19/2021 10:14 a.m.

mariaml said:
hello good night!I am new here, I have put the sensor for the first time in the upper part of the buttock but it gives me error.The truth is that I only put it 4h before.As soon as I passed it, I have marked me and then I try again 10 min.The truth is that I was very happy to release the arms a season but now I am afraid to put another new one in the buttock.
I have read that many take it and the truth is that I see it a more practical place.
What do you advise me?

I advise you to call Abbot to replace it.It would be defective.You say you put it in the arm 😋

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/19/2021 1:47 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I do not know when this entry was published, but I wanted to comment that after reading I dared to put the free in gluteo and I am delighted.I put it two days ago, I forgot not to activate it and I activated it at the time, from the beginning a difference of 10mg/dl with the capillary.
My arms were irritated with the adhesive, heat and fixomul.At the moment in the buttock I have not put Fixomul, to see if it lasts the 14 days….

Marga_V's profile photo
Marga_V
07/20/2022 6:50 p.m.

About a month ago I was walking to my dog ​​and a kid was approaching to ask what race it was, I was going without a shirt and carried the sensor in the spotter intermediate zone, I told him, I am also diabetic but he took it on his arm, there is fine there, and told me that perfect.

He called the bride to get closer and told me, she also carries it like me, there are less hooks and friction with doors etc.
I have had such number of problems with the sensors, that if I were not in the gym and gave me those lots of sweat I would think very seriously.
I have come to change for about eight sensors in the month that was worse, it was already tension when placing the new sensor, waiting for the repeated message of exhausted or similar sensor, change sensor, after waiting timeof the beginning of a new one.
In the time I took with sensors I always used my arms for convenience, but I have seen leg sensors, buttocks, chest, forearm, twins, .....

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
07/22/2022 3:26 a.m.

ruthbia said:
to the freestyle.I wear it day and a half before activating it.30 hours.

I put it on when I expires the one that I carry at 14 days and it works perfect for me, you don't have to wait 30 h, it makes no sense

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/24/2022 5:51 p.m.

@Antonimar for free1 I needed many hours so that it did not make strangers, with free2 about 10 hours.The times that I have activated as soon as it puts it fatal, sometimes 100 above and another 60 below.It is erratic and I end with capillaries, better put it a few hours before so that the needle of impregnating well before activating it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/25/2022 7:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.