{'en': 'Reflections of an old diabetic.', 'es': 'Reflexiones de un diabético añoso.'} Image

Reflections of an old diabetic.

Sorprendido's profile photo   10/08/2017 6:32 p.m.

Hello everyone,

The other day I was with my endocrine.I told him that despite showing great figures and a 6.2%hemoglobin, I was fed up with this fight.It can praise my analysis, but I am wrong.

He told me that the biggest diabetic problem was precisely those that we put insulin.I agree with her.

I couldn't tell him anymore.I want to say it now, you, in this forum.

I think that the biggest problem of our type I diabetes is precisely in treatment.That "Take and Daca" of insulin chute with hydrates rations, is a diabolical game, which punishes our body at every moment.

What do we have no choice?It can be, but at least we are aware of where the problem is.

We often fall into the anguish and restlessness of thinking if we are doing well.It is not worth it.We will never do it well because it cannot be done well.That beautiful idea of ​​adapting our insulin units to what we eat is nothing more than that, a beautiful theoretical idea, a fallacy.Meanwhile our body is suffering, degenerating faster.Premature old age, health problems everywhere.Do not come with the milonga that taking care of us will avoid complications.

The years of evolution confirm all this I say.

We move between being wrong or worse.Meanwhile we live deceived.For an insulin, a medicine, which will also have its side and harmful effects.And for a dosage, as archaic as ineffective.

They will not cease their efforts to get new insulins, new blood glucose meters.

That the business does not stop, ... at the expense of our health and well -being.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
10/08/2017 6:32 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

No, it is not a good treatment, but it is the one there is, and we have to live the best we can, and expect better treatments to come in time.
As long as there are no serious complications, we are doing well.Sometimes the worst is a depression, that does not let us live, but for that there are good treatments.
You have a very good hem and that has to give you a lot of peace of mind.
How with the Tesiba?Better than with lantus?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/08/2017 7:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is a very tired disease and there are good and bad seasons.
Cure will not be and emulate the behavior of a healthy pancreas is very difficult.
We must live with it in the best possible way and not think about internal deterioration because there are many things that can happen to us worse.
Dare that in this forum there are people with many many years of diabetes behind them without associated complications.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/08/2017 7:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I am a child of a child 5 years old, at the time of the diagnosis I thought I could not really fall, and today I feel that I give everything and more so that my son is well, to transmit the self -care, and above all thatNever, (despite the great backpack that will lead all your life), lose that very pretty smile that you have!And that he can be happy following his wishes, he will surely have moments of anger, anger, sadness, tiredness, but desire for every heart that does not fall.
It is "surprised above! Do not fall! And if necessary do a psychological treatment, have a space to speak all the emotional that happens to us day by day is very important, I started it !!!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/08/2017 8:43 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Thanks to everyone for your comments.
Regina your words are very sensible.In essence the treatment has not changed since the discovery of insulin, back in the first years of the last century.Namely, "insulin chute".Of course we will not discuss the quality or administration methods.In that we have improved infinitely.
Perhaps the greatest threat is to fall into a depression, or at least that discouragement, seeing that the results of so much effort and sacrifice are very poor.
Perhaps in my comment there is something that we can only understand the diabetics, without belittling at all the suffering and unveils of the relatives around them.You have to live it in the first person, to know exactly the seriousness of this.I had, I don't know if the luck or misfortune of becoming a diabetic in a time when I remember what my life was before and what it became later.I speak of day and night.

Regina, for my best threeiba, without becoming the panacea.The inconvenience, the recipes need inspection visa and in my case it is somewhat cumbersome.I see it softer and avoid the hypoglycemia, especially Night, of Lantus.

Thank you Ruthbia for your words of breath and loaded with wisdom.

Thank you very much Dani 76, because I imagine what you have with your little one.Please that this kind of discouragement you find in my comment does not make you the slightest dent.Your child deserves everything, and moreover, I encourage you, because it compensates, to continue fighting and thinking that as positive as you do.Take care, with all the sacrifice that entails is profitable, even with all the setbacks that are occasionally presented.

I did not imagine that my comment distils so much discouragement.Maybe he has come out without being very aware of it.I am going through very painful family circumstances.Ani, is aware of them.

Greetings for everyone.

Sorprendido
10/09/2017 10:25 a.m.

"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

It can discourage, but it is the harsh reality.As much as you take care of you there is crushing and this disease is also normally linked to others also autoimmune.It is what we have, it is what there is, we have to take care of ourselves, but exhausting it is.
Courage and keep fighting.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/09/2017 1:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Surprised, I don't know if calling discourageMoment of the diagnosis, where did I think: what will I have done wrong?I won't have done?And the responsibility and guilt tormented me, but I had to walk again, and x the little time that I have been in this new life and what I read of you, I know the reality that is lived and that my son will live, but what to do?The backpack is already put, now to walk with it the best you can.
I hope from the heart you would pass the best that can be, your family situation.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/09/2017 2:16 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

I am quite positive regarding the disease.A few years ago there was no insulin and type 1 died.In many countries they are still dying for not having access to treatments.I believe that we, within what has touched us, are lucky.We have access to a treatment and continue living and with good control we can not have or delay possible complications and lead a more or less normal life even more complicated all than for a healthy person.It is very difficult and sometimes desperate but luckily we have more and more technology that makes life easier.And in a few years it may even have a cure or treatment that does not require being controlling what is eaten, nor pending hypoglycemia.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/09/2017 2:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Dear sweet foros, all the support that provides c/words, examples, opions, advice, etc. to whom: @"surprised" in an instant is weakened in their mood and reasoning in front of this

ani's profile photo
ani
10/09/2017 3:42 p.m.

Cruel "sweetness" that surrounds us all equally !!!!!
"In the field you see the brave and warriors" and all, in one way or another, we are !!!!
Thank you, thanks and hopefully in this forum there are dbtcs like you !!!!We already said it and we repeated it again: we are a sweet, beautiful and brave family of dbtcs in the world !!!!& GT;: D<& GT;: D<& GT;: D<& GT;: D<

ani's profile photo
ani
10/09/2017 3:49 p.m.

Thanks Ani.Thanks to everyone for your comments.

All the best.

Sorprendido
10/10/2017 12:49 p.m.

Goethe

Much encouragement @"surprised".I am from the thought of @"Yesssica_a"that I am 9 years old and there is a big difference to people who diagnose it with a more advanced age.Anyway, I send a lot of courage and good energies to all who are going through a bad streak, either because of diabetes or any other cause.
Greetings for everyone!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/10/2017 4:19 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@"Surprised" There is always a before and after.I debut with 40 years and of course, my life has changed 180 degrees.
It has limited me some things but I have learned to take care of myself and be the first instead of being the last of my priorities.
It is also true that it affects me more emotionally and I am weaker in the face of circumstances that gave me more the same.
Much encouragement and that this stage goes fast and all your problems are solved.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/11/2017 7:46 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Good morning @"surprised".Your doctor said;"That the biggest problem of diabetics was precisely those that we put insulin."If I am wrong that someone will take me out of ignorance, please ... but seeing the strict diet that diabetics 2 does not insulin -dependent .... I don't know ... I prefer to count CH and prick insulin.Both variables can be mathematics, but there are 1500 more variables than we do not put in the equation, so we do not get the accounts well.We do the best we can.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
10/11/2017 10:18 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Hello everyone
Yesssica_a, I stay with your message.We should all grab that flag.Any other vision of the problem, even being temporary and understandable, harms us.
Thanks Nigiri for your words.I have to my credit, I do not know if for good or for grief, having lived up to 30 years without diabetes, and the difference with respect to my current situation is ... incomparable.

Ruthbia, I agree with you that one of the consequences, or perhaps the greatest of this disease, in my case, is the weakness, both physical and emotional that has assumed me.Do not tell me, that nothing happens, that normal life, that I get angry at all, all.

Solaria, maybe it is the only way out of doctors to tell us how to control this of glycemia, 1 insulin unit = 1 ration of C. of C. personally I do not believe it.It is a fallacy, something that is not sustained from the moment that, as you say very well, there are 1500 more variables that influence that equation.And the result is well known and desired by all: Normaglucemia.

Greetings for everyone.

Sorprendido
10/11/2017 10:58 a.m.

Goethe

@"Solaria" I think it is infinitely better the case of type 2 that do not require insulin.However strict the diet was changing it without thinking.In addition, in much of the cases it is reversible by strict diet.I signed right now not having to walk the 24 hour of glycemia, calculating doses of insulin, thinking about how the exercise will affect me or tracing hypos in exchange for a diet no matter how strict it may be.I would not be able to try a sweet or food with many hydrates again, I changed it without thinking for what I have now.
I guess this is a matter of each one.Some will prefer to continue eating everything and put insulin but I would prefer the freedom that gives you not pending 24 hours a day although in return could not eat certain things again.Eating some sweet when you feel like it or food with a lot of hydrate at least does not compensate for everything else.Hopefully type 1 we had the option to control the disease only with diet, for me it would be a release.

@"Surprised" We all have our moments of downturn and be fed up with the disease.I have someday in which I despair because no matter how much the glucometer does not mark what I want, but in general I am positive.They influence so many things that it is impossible to always be well no matter how much we strive.But it always helps me to think that at least we have a treatment that allows us to remain alive and that little by little is improving, although the advances are slower than we would like.Cheer up.

Yessica_A
10/11/2017 1:41 p.m.

@"Yesssica_a", sorry boys, I think my comment was frivolous.Yesssica, you are right.But I am Celiac, here I already take away 70% of the Super's products because everything carries gluten.I am very intolerant of lactose, they are not worth the lactose products.I have another food culture.Tooodo what I do not like (salads), the fruits that raise glycemia to infinity and etc., that reduces my options to boredom.It would be fantastic for diabetes 1 to be like celiacy, which is medically food.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
10/11/2017 2:47 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

You don't have to apologize, it's not that your comment is frivolous, we would simply prefer to have another option better than medication and control 24 hours a day.I have put it to you because from my point of view it is much more complicated for a type 1 because we have no options.But we see each one differently.In my particular case I think I would have no problem carrying a restrictive diet and I would prefer it before the medication but there would be people who would choose the medication to continue eating everything.
In your case, diabetes linked to celiacy and lactose intolerance has to be complicated.It limits you quite the options.I am not celiac but not as flour (because they do not seem essential and I do not go well to control the glucose) and the truth is that I do not miss them.Nor as the majority of things that sell in the Super, my weekly purchase is almost every fresh or minimally processed product such as some canned or frozen.And the sweets, as not usually, do not give me glitter.I once prepare something homemade with sweetener but very occasionally, since I am not used to the normal sweets.That is why in my case I think it would be very easy to carry out control if it was type 2 because I would not have to vary just my diet.I see it much easier than being type 1 but it is a personal opinion from my experience.

Yessica_A
10/11/2017 3:56 p.m.

Greetings, surprised, are you a west gunman? By name, I say.

Between what you write there is a clear truth: the doctor recommends eating simple carbohydrates, which rise well glucose, to lower it with more insulin, with the aggravating fault of the lack of nutrients in this kind of food, except the fruit.Nourish the bread than a nougat made with a brick.
And also that you take milk, a lot of milk, and a very documented book tells you is a probable cause of type 1 diabetes, and another doctor, that he has not taken it for 20 years.
The only advantage of being diabetic is being able to go armed by the street

A doctor, Gabriel Cousens, feeds diabetics practically only with raw vegetables (to alleviate the lack of fruit), nuts and algae, and many dispens with insulin and are nourished.
It also gives the feeling that the fats are bad, or at least suspicious, and the cholesterol lowers you to levels close to discouragement (the brain is a fat ball), although with a long -term disease, it is not necessary so much time.
The glucose business that I have is recent, but I understand what you say.
Perhaps the disease itself is difficult, but many of its sequels may be stopped with the information on the network.

Does anyone know what the icon that they have put me is going?

Erty's profile photo
Erty
10/12/2017 4:43 p.m.

Well, I know, Erty, I'm not a west gun.Not even from the south, where I live, but no, I no longer have a gun.
But if you want to know where my nick comes from, I make it public, it is not important.A long time ago he frequented another forum, which later closed.I was missing.And looking, looking, I met this, surprise !, And I'm comfortable in it, I see it quite interesting.And from the initial surprise to .... surprised!
It would be great that, either based on vegetables, nuts and/or algae we could do without insulin.

All the best.

Sorprendido
10/12/2017 6:45 p.m.

Goethe

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.