{'en': 'Reflections of an old diabetic.', 'es': 'Reflexiones de un diabético añoso.'} Image

Reflections of an old diabetic.

Sorprendido's profile photo   10/08/2017 6:32 p.m.

I also closed a forum of another family disease, truffled with information from people who were looking for for their cuena to see what could be done, and it is as if they turn off the TV after a coup d'etat.This forum is very busy by what is seen, and looks good.
Trying to wade part of insulin with vegetables, nuts and algae, although this followed, it seems almost ridiculous, you can see it in a YouTube video by Gabriel Cousens, which treated a dozen diabetics for 30 days.I suppose that he will have already talked about him in the forum, they apologize then, I am new.The price is to eat almost like a sheep and do it carefully and respect the rules of the game.One does not end up knowing what is better, if the regime or glucose.
Maybe after watching the video, more than surprised you will be petrified.

Erty's profile photo
Erty
10/12/2017 7:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I just saw a couple of videos of this Gabriel and in the end it always turns out that even if they put insulin, they are type 2 diabetics. It is usual in this type of books and videos of charlatans.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/12/2017 9:37 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Of the video diabetics, there is one type1, and another that after 30 days discovered another that was also.
He has several videos on YouTube, of nutrition and I do not remember that more, but also a book of 500 pages explaining diabetes and its theory.
The problem of all this is the regime that must be followed, which is terribly severe.
Those of you who are diabetic of years will be bored of promises and solutions more apparent than anything else.This man will be a charlatan, but one who knows a lot.

Erty's profile photo
Erty
10/12/2017 10:53 p.m.

I know type 1 diabetics who have been vegetarians and even crudivoros for years and continue to click.There is one that has a blog looking to heal and proves all these theories to the extreme, fasting, detox, crudivorism, miraculous plants, etc.And he has not achieved anything.

Type 2 with a very strict diet (it is not necessary to be vegetarian) if they have been able to leave insulin or pills but type 1, no.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/12/2017 11:11 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

The sheep eat nuts, algae?In my town they eat grass.What I needed to read: let's eat like sheep!:(

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/12/2017 11:11 p.m.

Surprised, the same thing happens to you.I have the perfect hemo, thanks to the fact that I am a "slave" of my illness.I do not take a step without being measured.I will exercise, measurement;that I am going to go a little more than the account, measurement;I'm going to eat something, measurement.I do nothing without prior measurement.However, I am not well.Anxiety is another "friend" that has accompanied me for years.I am a teacher, and every time I find it more to work, because sometimes I get up with 40 and sometimes with 260. If I get up, you go see the body I have to go to work with 25 children, and if I get up highI puncture and I'm going without breakfast until I got off.This is sinvivir.In addition, I have asymptomatic hypo most of the time, and it happened to me once asking the multiplication tables gave me a downturn and I forgot the results.My header has suggested that I could try to work incapacity (anticipated retirement, go), and I am considering it.I am 50 years old.Has this happened to any of you?My doctor tells me that it is complicated that they give it to you if you have no complications, but I do not have, only the anxiety and the hyper and hyper that they give me (I have always had labile diabetes).
Thank you very much for reading me.

patcrpt's profile photo
patcrpt
10/15/2017 12:47 p.m.

Good morning.
I believe that what you have to do is live every day as if it were the last.
I am diabetic and celiac, diagnosed 17 years ago and the truth that I try every day that my glucose levels are the closest to those that a non -diabetic person would have, I try to eat as well as possible, but since everyone will happen to you there are sometimesAn lack of control and you don't understand what happens.
Sicologicamene I get well, it is what I have to live and I try to carry the best I can, I am not going to grate my head with what will come, when I arrive we will see how to solve it.
I encourage everyone and continue with the fight !!!!!!!

Celtui1974's profile photo
Celtui1974
10/15/2017 1 p.m.

Well, I was more and more vegetable, more raw vegetables, the other day I spent the cart and looked at the zucchini spaghetti and gave me the feeling in the end that they looked at me, and in the afternoon they gave me a casacabelito for thekey ring;And I say, that's it: the sheep (yes, Anaisabel, the sheep in your town does not carry ...).

Now more seriously.Sherpa41, do you know if your friend, in his Crudiveganic diabetic stage and before believing Napoleon, (he is clearly more unbriticated than me), he took out some practical conclusion that can be worth it?Surely he entered ketosis, (that not ketoacidosis), and it is likely that he avoid large glucose fluctuations as have Patcrpt and Celtui1974, although in exchange for the usual gastronomic grievance.

Erty's profile photo
Erty
10/15/2017 3:39 p.m.

@"Patcrpt" is very difficult not to say impossible that the INSSS of permanent disability for diabetes if you do not have a series of very marked associated complications or fall round every 2 by 3 while teaching classes due to severe asymptomatic hypoglycemia;The only way I see that I grant it to you and tell you from union work experience would be the decision of the INSS in the administrative contentious and contribute with a good lawyer and with good arguments and reports your inability to exercise as a teacher having diabetes arguingEverything you can think of and more.For trying nothing, you don't already have it.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/15/2017 4:23 p.m.

Hello Patcrpt
Commenting on details of how you live with diabetes, I observe that it looks a lot like my day to day.A feeling of living enslaved her, with continuous controls.That leads me to live in a state of continuous anxiety, and it's already many years.I am something older than you.
Although now with new insulins, hypoglycemia are much softer, I still notice them.I have heard, however, that over time they go unnoticed and are almost asymptomatic.
Also the qualification of Labil, accompanies mine.A doctor told me many years ago.We already know what frequent changes in humor and excessive emotionality.

I understand you perfectly when you talk to me about your difficulties for work, in that state of continuous concern and/or anxiety.
The advice of your head doctor would follow, and try to assert your ailment in your work, without prejudices or valuations that have served for others.You are you, and your diabetes is unique.For trying, as Sigsauer says in the end, you may not lose much.And if for the particularity of your work as a teacher, you get, together with your age and years of evolution, at least one reduction in schedule ... Welcome!

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
10/15/2017 6:29 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Thank you very much for your answers.I will follow your advice.
All the best.

patcrpt's profile photo
patcrpt
10/15/2017 8:23 p.m.

surprised said:
hello everyone,

The other day I was with my endocrine.I told him that despite showing great figures and a 6.2%hemoglobin, I was fed up with this fight.It can praise my analysis, but I am wrong.

He told me that the biggest diabetic problem was precisely those that we put insulin.I agree with her.

I couldn't tell him anymore.I want to say it now, you, in this forum.

I think that the biggest problem of our type I diabetes is precisely in treatment.That "Take and Daca" of insulin chute with hydrates rations, is a diabolical game, which punishes our body at every moment.

What do we have no choice?It can be, but at least we are aware of where the problem is.

We often fall into the anguish and restlessness of thinking if we are doing well.It is not worth it.We will never do it well because it cannot be done well.That beautiful idea of ​​adapting our insulin units to what we eat is nothing more than that, a beautiful theoretical idea, a fallacy.Meanwhile our body is suffering, degenerating faster.Premature old age, health problems everywhere.Do not come with the milonga that taking care of us will avoid complications.

The years of evolution confirm all this I say.

We move between being wrong or worse.Meanwhile we live deceived.For an insulin, a medicine, which will also have its side and harmful effects.And for a dosage, as archaic as ineffective.

They will not cease their efforts to get new insulins, new blood glucose meters.

That the business does not stop, ... at the expense of our health and well -being.

Greetings.
Hello: I have been with this damn disease and for the moment I am with glycades of 7 and no complication, well I have losses of memory but it must be of all the descent that they have given me in my whole life.My life has improved by technology but life spend hydrates and insulin units but my beginnings were quite worse than yours because in 84 there were neither strips of glycemia nor feathers everything was much worse and each syringe costMy parents 35 ptas.I know that I will never cure myself because we are the business of pharmacists but now I have more comforts but only those who debuted in the 80s appreciate it. So we do not complain so much and enjoy the life that is what has touched us and forMuch that we pity things, I would not improve how fast I would like but if the children who come behind they have a better and longer life.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
10/15/2017 9:39 p.m.

Erty said:
now more seriously.Sherpa41, do you know if your friend, in his Crudiveganic diabetic stage and before believing Napoleon, (he is clearly more unbriticated than me), he took out some practical conclusion that can be worth it?Surely he entered ketosis, (that not ketoacidosis), and it is likely that he avoid large glucose fluctuations as have Patcrpt and Celtui1974, although in exchange for the usual gastronomic grievance.

The majority know them from the Internet, American forum diabetics, blogs, etc.Although I also have an uncle-built that was type1 and vegetarian.He lived up to 90 years but the last 20 was very fucking.So seeing his experience, I don't see him a lot of advantage.

There is one that has a website where it posts, analyzes and sometimes proves in itself (it is type1), natural techniques that are announced as priests.It has a very open mind and positive predisposition for everything but it never gets cured.Doing the same thing those who claim that diabetes do.It even has a review of the book that is always announced in this forum by spaming, that of "reverse diabetes."He says that it is a mixture of the typical naturist ideas and that it contributes nothing new.

Link

The main website is this:
Link

The penultimate post (2014) is from a former user of this forum that public a book where he claimed to have healed of the type1 simply eating well, neither vegetarian, nor crudivoro, nor anything.Here when he told it, he generated a lot of controversy and I think he was banned.

It also has a Facebook page that updates more and it seems that over time it is fixed more in science and less in natural-milky remedies.
Link

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/16/2017 1:03 a.m.

Good @"Surprised", I felt very identified with your post.The truth is that "we live" thanks to insulin treatment, but the quality of life lets you want, and it also gives me the feeling that doctors while you have a good glycosylated are already satisfied, even if you feel like shit.
In my opinion, the main problem of diabetes 1 is that it is a little spectacular disease, it is not as serious as cancer, and apparently diabetic people "are not so bad."That is why you can abuse unpunished from diabetes as cattle (today they have charged me twice a freestyle shipment, it is not the first mistake they make from Abbott and still I have no choice but to continue buying them).At the same time, I believe that diabetes drains a lot, and perhaps the diabetic patient resigns and isolates, seen that no one in the medical/scientific communication does not pay attention to our pleas.On top of that now we add to the car the theme of the "pots" of measurement and diverse technology, very useful I will not say that no, but a danger to a possible real and definitive cure.
For my part, I also feel as if I were a different person since I debuted, I feel exhausted to take care of my health, I feel totally prisoner of this disease and I am tired of having to look back to see better times.But even so and with everything, I still fight and now more than ever really, because I already decided that I was tired of regretting all the time.So when I look back I can say that I did the best I could proudly.That is not going to take this crap of illness.

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
10/16/2017 2:51 a.m.

Hi how are things.I have type 2 diabetes and since I start treatment it has been insulin.4 daily injections.If I want to sleep before 10 you can't.It is loading with insulin as the snail.Hypoglycemia.Foot pain (although I take Lyrica).The body pain.So many things and trying to minimize it.My last glycosylated was 5.2.I received many congratulations but the question is presented.Is this quality of life?Who can you tell, to anyone.You are a grateful evil we all love you, there are worse things, if but what I have is diabetes and it does not cure and I already have side effects .. I reach you perfectly and I am glad you will touch the subject.A hug

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/16/2017 7:10 p.m.

Hello Vilma
Ours is not living, or by Asomo.If we want to control this, minimally, it is without living.I understand you perfectly.Many, since I opened the text, or post, I don't know what they call it, they feel identified with these reflections.I speak of the simplest of our day to day and pessimism that invades us when we see that so much sacrifice and wake up to end we do not know what complication.
If we had had a rare disease they would have told us that research for their treatment was not profitable.This, which is so common, guides its research to achieve new insulins, new devices to measure our glycemia, but that little to achieve our healing.That little for a real quality of life.
I think it is in the mood of many diabetics.I think about it and I tell it.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
10/16/2017 7:54 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Thanks for the information, Sherpa.I see that you are more veteran than me in this business and that you must have patience with the grandchildren, because you have updated me, with Sergio Russo's page.The truth is that it is quite curled, as you sail for a while you end up there.I did not know that I was on Facebook, I will take a look with peace of mind.
Many times, when you access pages with a lot of infornation you have the feeling of going to take a cake of a shelf (it is a saying), and that all of it come over, but you have to arm yourself with patience and a little resignation.Thanks again.

Erty's profile photo
Erty
10/25/2017 2:36 p.m.

@"Surprised" I think you should change the mentality, diabetes is shit, in that there is no doubt, but diabetes alone does not make you unhappy, it makes everything more complicated but I have seen examples of diabetics that are extremely happy toDespite diabetes, if they have succeeded, you can do it.Enjoy what you can do and try not to regret the things you find more complications to do them.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
10/25/2017 3:42 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Erty said:
Thanks for the information, Sherpa.I see that you are more veteran than me in this business and that you must have patience with the grandchildren, because you have updated me, with Sergio Russo's page.The truth is that it is quite curled, as you sail for a while you end up there.I did not know that I was on Facebook, I will take a look with peace of mind ...

Sergio Russo is the one who makes the spam book "Revert diabetes" and analyzes Carlos Gonzalez.The latter is the one that makes the website and also that of the Facebook I put.

And I recommend everyone where he explains how his diabetic debut and therapies, diets and others that have been tested:
Link

An extract:

During all these years I have been testing many of the diets to cure diabetes and other treatments I found.Some with more success than others, and others without any success.

As for treatments I have tried to have PXP, I have done authemotherapy, taken capsaicin, stevia, yacon, brewer's yeast and others that I don't remember right now.

Some of the diets I have tried are the vegan diet (all vegetables and raw), traditional Chinese medicine, ayster, paleolithic diet, alkaline diet, holistic diet ... With some of them I felt more improvements than with others.But there are two reasons that do not affirm that these diets do not work:
1. Most tested diets are more recommended for type 2 diabetes, and I have type 1.
2. I follow them a long enough time to notice changes (except the vegan that followed 8 months and ended without energies and very thin, possibly due to lack of vitamin or mineral or protein)

In fact, even if a diet had been followed for a long time and it would not have been successful, I would not say it does not work, since each person is different, and what one does not do well may not do well and vice versa.

But those who already know me on the web know that I don't give up.I keep testing until I find the solution to my diabetes.

Unfortunately, this post is 2013 and today, practically 20 years after debuting and testing all the diets and remedies that are announced, it is still diabetic.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/25/2017 5:59 p.m.

sherpa41 said:
Erty said:
Thanks for the information, Sherpa.I see that you are more veteran than me in this business and that you must have patience with the grandchildren, because you have updated me, with Sergio Russo's page.The truth is that it is quite curled, as you sail for a while you end up there.I did not know that I was on Facebook, I will take a look with peace of mind ...

Sergio Russo is the one who makes the spam book "Revert diabetes" and analyzes Carlos Gonzalez.The is that the website is done and also that of Facebook I put.

I recommend to everyone the entrance of your blog where you explain how your diabetic debut and all the things you have tried:
Link

An extract:

During all these years I have been testing many of the diets to cure diabetes and other treatments I found.Some with more success than others, and others without any success.

As for treatments I have tried to have PXP, I have done authemotherapy, taken capsaicin, stevia, yacon, brewer's yeast and others that I don't remember right now.

Some of the diets I have tried are the vegan diet (all vegetables and raw), traditional Chinese medicine, ayster, paleolithic diet, alkaline diet, holistic diet ... With some of them I felt more improvements than with others.But there are two reasons that do not affirm that these diets do not work:
1. Most tested diets are more recommended for type 2 diabetes, and I have type 1.
2. I follow them a long enough time to notice changes (except the vegan that followed 8 months and ended without energies and very thin, possibly due to lack of vitamin or mineral or protein)

In fact, even if a diet had been followed for a long time and it would not have been successful, I would not say it does not work, since each person is different, and what one does not do well may not do well and vice versa.

But those who already know me on the web know that I don't give up.I keep testing until I find the solution to my diabetes.

Unfortunately, this post is 2013 and today, 20 years after debuting and testing all the diets and remedies that are announced online, it is still diabetic.

I have read his book (that of Carlos González) and is very good.It tells many interesting things about everything that has investigated diabetes in the years it has been with it.The chapter of the diets that has tried, especially for the type 2 that can be controlled in many cases is well.I also liked the chapter of the possible causes of type 1.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/25/2017 6:10 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.