{'en': 'How many strips a day and needles is correct for type 1', 'es': 'Cuantas tiras al dia y agujas es correcto para tipo 1'} Image

How many strips a day and needles is correct for type 1

paloma's profile photo   11/02/2017 11:26 a.m.

Hello, I am type 1, I have moved from abroad to Barcelona, ​​I have many hypos.

In the Hospital of Sant Pau, on the first visit with the endocrine, I take the type 1 diagnosis of London, the nurse has given me a recipe for 4 strips per day for 7 days and needles says that each puncture is not changed, whichWith 1 a day it is enough, but it has not given me any recipe.

In London they gave me 10 strips per day every 2 months and a needle each puncture.

If you have to look before each meal are 3, at 2 hours of the food are 3 more, before sleeping 1 more, there are already 7 strips, and without counting that you do not have any hypo.

It is correct that the nurse prescribes only 4 a day for 7 days, and I don't have anything for needles, how do I ask for needles?Other people from Barcelona or Catalunya, type 1, how do they do it, how many strips and needles they prescribe, if you have hypo how do you do it?

Thank you very much for your help!

paloma's profile photo
paloma
11/02/2017 11:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am also from Barna and they also prescribe 4, it is stipulated in Catalonia, claiming endocrine and others I got 5 but a nurse on my face was reduced to 4 after a short time, saying that 4 strips a day wasThe maximum.When I need 8-10.

What I do because it is to buy them on my own, on the Internet you can find the box for 8 euros.

Needles do not change them very often.So more or less they endure me.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/02/2017 11:46 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

And they don't tell you to look at 2 hours after eating @sherpa41 ??

paloma's profile photo
paloma
11/02/2017 12:03 p.m.

dove said:
and they don't tell you to look at 2 hours after eating @sherpa41 ??

The endocrine are not responsible for prescribing the strips and can say what they want, who gives you the strips is nursing, and even taking a report from the endocrine that I needed more, that I had many hypos or that towards sport, I have never achieved more than more than5. And soon, as soon as you have a nurse daughter of her mother, she sees it and puts you again 4.

In the background this limit is marked by the Health Protocol of the Generalitat that says that the strips for type 1 are between 3 and 4. and it seems to me that little can be done.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/02/2017 12:12 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Paloma, the nurse should follow the instructions of the endocrine.I use between 5/6/ average daily and if I do sports, I have a hypo or as out of home I can reach 8-9 measurements until I correct the roller coaster.
Sherpa seems to me that with the role of the endocrine fixing the number of strips you are in your entire right to insist until you get it.Do not give up.It worked for me although reading these posts, I cross my fingers so that nothing changes and continue to have the necessary material.Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/13/2017 10:58 p.m.

@"Sherpa41", the nurse has to give you what the doctor says.Give your family doctor to prescribe the endocrine so he passes it to the nurse and period.
Tell the endocrine that you are buying you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/14/2017 1:01 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The endocrine always tells me that it is established 3-4 strips for type1 and that nothing can be done, which also depends on nursing not on them, sometimes they play me a role that says I need more strips because I have descents or do sports (Thing that is false but good) but when I take it to the Nursing Directorate as they upload it to 5. (They say that only children and adolescents can upload it more)

But as soon as a bastard nurse of those who give the strips, he sees it again, the recipe to 4 again and again to claim, the truth is that I am already very fed up with doctors and claims.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/14/2017 3:49 p.m.

Ask for it in writing

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
11/14/2017 4:29 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Jolín, what stingy, with three or four strips you cannot have good control. Does they not realize the variations that are seen in the graphs of the continuous ..?
Ask the endocrine to prescribe the strips you need and that you consider convenient, with less you will have decompensations that can cause income and many more expenses ...
In the end they bore you and you end up buying you, of course ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/14/2017 5:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Do not give more turns, claim addressed to the Minister of Health of your CCAA commenting everything, and without hiding anything.What they tell you and putting names and surnames.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/15/2017 5:29 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
do not give more turns, claim addressed to the Minister of Health of your CCAA commenting everything, and without hiding anything.What they tell you and putting names and surnames.

Completely agree.Moreover, I would go to the press.We are not talking about medications to use, but of devices that we need to live with some normality and not fall dead in the street for a thousand circumstances.Deny the strips with that attentive racanería, I dare to say, to our health.

I can say with joy and pride that in Andalusia they have not put any restriction.I have been (for circumstances) for several years that I use 9 or 10 strips a day.Without a doubt, I want to reduce them for quality of life, but for now it is necessary.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
11/16/2017 1:12 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

Welcome to this sad club, Paloma.

I made a written claim to Catalan health for the same problem: strips and needles deficit, and I have not achieved anything.They answered me in writing telling me that it is the established and point protocol.

And when talking to the header drade he told me textually: "I will not argue with you, if you need more material you buy it."

And in other communities they give them to the lancetas ... Look what difference!

By the way, someone has said that the strips are found online at € 8 per box.Could you put the web address please?In the pharmacy it costs me € 50 each box.

Patience and encouragement.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
11/20/2017 2:17 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

@"Emily" I buy them on eBay at € 8.4 the box, for a while I also pay them at almost 50 euros in the pharmacy.

These are from the Codefree brand the meter is worth 15 euros but with a box you already amortized, the seller (inside eBay) is Homehealth of England, I buy myself every three or four months 10 boxes for 84 euros and send it to me by mail in mail in mailOne or two weeks.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/20/2017 3:32 p.m.

Thank you very much, I take note!

A hug

sherpa41 said:
@"emily" I buy them on eBay at € 8.4 the box, for a time I also pay them at almost 50 euros in the pharmacy.

These are from the Codefree brand the meter is worth 15 euros but with a box you already amortized, the seller (inside eBay) is Homehealth of England, I buy myself every three or four months 10 boxes for 84 euros and send it to me by mail in mail in mailOne or two weeks.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
11/21/2017 4:58 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

Hello everyone,
I think it depends on the dispensary that touches you.In my case at the beginning the endocrine marked me 7 analysis a day and in the dispensary that supplies the material that is not the nurse but the administrative or auxiliary, he told me that Nanai that 4 strips per day.I kindly told him that if the doctor had said 7 it is not that I had special interest in drilling my fingers ... I gave me the amount for 4 punctures and put a claim.Then the nurse called my house and told her the subject.Since then they give me for 7. On the other hand, even if we only have to analyze ourselves 4 times, what happens the days you have a hypo and you have to measure yourself after 10 minutes and repeat in case you have not uploaded.
What is not receipt for me is that if they sell them to 8 euros on the Internet, how can it be that in Pharmacy 50?Who stays with the difference?
By the way I also from Barcelona.

Karme's profile photo
Karme
11/21/2017 6:39 p.m.

The brands they give in the outpatients, walk by 20, 25 and on the Internet ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/21/2017 9:54 p.m.

It seems incredible to me what I read and of course I think as @"jconegar" and @jota, you would have to make some kind of claim that comes a little higher.I now use freestyle but when I used normal glucometer, I had no restriction.The only way to have good diabetes control is to know at all times how you have blood glucose and if for that they also put obstacles, we are going.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/21/2017 10:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

What they are doing seems shameful, here in Castilla la Mancha I smell the worst, in the last revision they told us that those who use freestyle should not use strips, for now they have not restricted it but it gives me a fear that they do it,My son uses the free but still his 5 or 6 daily punctures is carried because they are not really successful values ​​that marks us and in ocadions we do not trust.We have to unite and fight for what we need to live in optimal conditions.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
11/22/2017 9:43 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

@"Dalu", if you already think that they will put problems you do not say that you use freestyle.Don't you pay it?Well, nobody has to know.I used it for a few months and I didn't say it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/22/2017 1:50 p.m.

Yes, we paid it because recently they subsidized it for children from 4 to 17 years, but mine has just fulfilled 2. Another injustice

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
11/22/2017 5:54 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.