{'en': 'Toujeo insulin, unpredictable?', 'es': 'Insulina Toujeo, ¿impredecible?'} Image

Toujeo insulin, unpredictable?

happy2avocados's profile photo   10/23/2017 12:51 a.m.

Hello,

I have been with Toujeo for about 3 months, having been with Lantus before for many years.

Its behavior is unpredictable and chaotic with the same dose: one day it is able to make a perfect basal like another day makes a 300 peak or a tendency to be very low and hypoglycemia need more time than usual to be able to trace them.

In addition, my Novorapid needs have lowered a lot (1 UD / 2 HC rations, when before with Lantus it was 1 UD / 1 ration HC).

Has someone happened to someone?

happy2avocados's profile photo
happy2avocados
10/23/2017 12:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @"Happy2Avocados" Have you not heard of chaos theory?Because this disease enters fully into it, it depends on almost infinite variables and any small variation of one of them can cause unpredictable results.The symptoms that you say have happened to us all on some occasions, and with any insulin, it happened to me with the lantus and with the previousto a specific insulin.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
10/23/2017 12:55 p.m.

To me that you comment has only happened to me with Toujeo, and also as you say.I had to change to threeiba and I am infinitely better and more stable

JPR's profile photo
JPR
10/23/2017 4:52 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I spent many years with Lantus and I was doing well until he started not covering me 24 hours and after trying several mixtures at eating to try to cover those hours they changed me to Toujeo.I've been with Toujeo for a season and I haven't noticed any of that.The change from Lantus was better in everything.What I did need is to upload two units with respect to what I put on Lantus but otherwise the curves are flat in general.There is always one day that it gets out of control a bit but in my case it is usually due to hormonal cycle issues, I already have more or less controlled the days of the month that makes me less effect.But this in women is normal because according to the moment of the cycle we are more or less sensitive to insulin.Also those days the fast makes me much less effect.
The lantus gave me dirts within a few hours of putting it instead with Toujeo only causes them to quickly when I do not calculate the dose well, if I only have slow acting and I do not exercise never causes me low.If I do cardiovascular exercise if it goes down depending on the intensity faster or less but that is normal, using bolis there is no other than to compensate for the exercise eating something.
@"Happy2Avocados" If you see that the Lantus was better to change you or test with another.We are going to better one thing, we must try until we find the best for each case.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/23/2017 5:53 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you very much for the answers!With 20 years of diabetes I know that it is an individualized disease and sometimes bad glycems have no apparent explanation no matter how well we do things.With Lantus I have been able to have the levels within some control margins, however with Toujeo, it is unpredictable, I can have a stable basal in 100 per hour, such as I have a peak of 350 or I am in hypoglycemia for more than an hour orIn values ​​with downward trend all day ...

happy2avocados
10/23/2017 7:42 p.m.

Keep in mind that each insulin has its characteristics, for example, the Lantus begins to take effect and the toujeo apart from being flatter and lasting longer, begins to take effect at 3 hours, then you need a time to adapt to aNew, I changed 1 year ago approx., And I recognize that on occasion I thought about returning to the Lantus, however now I am very clear that the toujeo is better.If you want you can give yourself any more term, and if you do not return to the Lantus as Yesssica_A says.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
10/23/2017 8:07 p.m.

It is clear that each one is a world, the opposite happened to me that to @"jpr", with threeiba they were unexplained and decreased to indeterminate hours and with Toujeo that although it is not the panacea much more bearable and controllable if it is good it is wellTrue something you comment on, every day is as if insulin is deactivated or crystallized, let's say that 5-6 days goes from cinema and the seventh day it seems that it does not make the same effect although it is also possible that I do not do it eitherThe same sports or meals every day or the body is always in a Zen state .....

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/23/2017 8:17 p.m.

sigsauer said:
every day is as if insulin is deactivated or crystallized, let's say that 5-6 days goes from cinema and the seventh day it seems that it does not make the same effect ..

But has that happened to you with more insulins?That I remember it has happened to me with all, in much larger cycles of 7 days, for example several months perhaps, insulin needs increase without knowing why, in my particular case it lasts two or three days and then I return toNormality.In my case, for example, I have detected that instead of getting more insulin, it makes me more effect and/or restricting hydrates at meals.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
10/23/2017 8:39 p.m.

I still notice variability between seasons, that is normal (I have to go up 1 unit or lowering 1 according to more or less long gusts) but with toujeo this variability was one day to another.He had hyper and flat days and others with continuous hypoglycemia, for example ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
10/24/2017 10:10 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Exactly how you say, chaotic behavior!

jpr said:
me with threeiba I still notice variability between seasons, that is normal (I have to go up 1 unit or lowering 1 according to more or less long gusts) but with toujeo this variability was ofOne day to another.I had hyper and flat days and others with continuous hypoglycemia, for example ...

happy2avocados
10/24/2017 6:39 p.m.

Ufff and I consider trying a tougeo, I will continue testing threeiba

091975's profile photo
10/24/2017 8:10 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

Do not stop testing it, in most cases basal behavior is good.Only in isolated cases has abnormal behavior.Greetings

091975 said:
ufff and I consider trying, I will continue to test three

happy2avocados
10/24/2017 8:17 p.m.

happy2avocados said:
do not stop trying it, in most cases basal behavior is good.Only in isolated cases has abnormal behavior.Greetings
091975 said:
ufff and I consider trying, I will continue to test three

Thank you, I will take it into account.Greetings

091975's profile photo
10/24/2017 8:27 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

Toujeo does not cover me ls24 hours or joke, at 5.30 in the afternoon I put it on and already climbs to 300 or what seems good to him.They changed me in the morning and it was the chaos, so I turned in the afternoon, I put a bolus for three hours and so I throw ....

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
11/03/2019 10:05 a.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

I had the same problem and fixed it by clicking 2 times a day I am now decreasing the HC intake and I no longer skewer novorapid but only toujeo and once a day.Each body is a world and each one tells the story as it goes, what I mean is that we must experiment with ourselves to know what is best or worse.An endocrine told me at the beginning that the best knows diabetes is the diabetic itself therefore to experience has been said.

David Glez Diaz's profile photo
David Glez Diaz
06/05/2020 8:14 p.m.

I have used Lantus, Levemir and now Toujeo.
It cost me a month to regularize toujeo but it is very good, very flat and lasts 24 hours.
Of course, the month of adjustment was chaos

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/07/2020 5:09 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, I'm still very variable with Toujeo, I always give him another chance because maybe I have been very much for three days and I am changing because I also have a few toujeo bolis yet.And so I have been, what usually happens to me is that after the effect of the fast of dinner, at four hours or so, about 4 in the morning, start uploading that you die, sometimes 300.Then a very very pronounced dawn effect, and not every day that is what the most scale.My endocrine told me to rise to adequate levels before breakfast and that if I was still so variable, I have three in the fridge, deciding whether to change or not, this last week quite well, and from Saturday again withNight hyperglycemia.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/09/2020 2:44 p.m.

One question: it makes the quick effect well and at two hours I come to normal levels after food, but at breakfast and only at breakfast, it happens to me that it takes a long time to make an effect, I do it toThe two hours and I still have 200 or more, I have tried to wait for breakfast for almost an hour but it still happens to me, and I see with the sensor that when it starts to go down it is from three hours.I get Humalog, I am thinking if it would be good to get fiasp only at breakfast to make the action faster.What do you think?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/09/2020 2:47 p.m.

@meginer, what you say happens to everyone that uses insulin.
It is an insulin, transient and very short duration resistance, at the time we wake up and is caused by hormones that the organism segregates to face the "day."
It cannot be solved, but it can be minimized (to a large extent), with good blood glucose (or interstitial glucose) immediately at the time of getting out of bed.
It also helps wait 15 minutes (with Humalog) or 5 minutes (with FIASP).This time is independent of the glucose / glycemia value you use;It depends on the pharmacokinetics of insulin that you use and your body.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
06/09/2020 9:12 p.m.

Hello everyone, with Toujeo it is better than with Lantus since I do not make so many hypo.I use 13u at night and novorapid according to Cho count that here (Argentina) tells in 1 u = 15 ch but this week I am shooting little by little, will I need more basal?

Clau's profile photo
Clau
05/30/2021 3:54 p.m.

Diabetes Lada 1 desde 2018
Toujeo 16 U
Fiasp según conteo de CH
HG 6.5%
Freestyle

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.