{'en': 'Toujeo insulin, unpredictable?', 'es': 'Insulina Toujeo, ¿impredecible?'} Image

Toujeo insulin, unpredictable?

happy2avocados's profile photo   10/23/2017 12:51 a.m.

@ meginer, in theory yes the FIASP would have to go better for breakfast...
Or divide breakfast into two shots.
The truth is that my daughter has breakfast very little, just a glass of milk and four cookies .. or a small cupcake ...

Sometimes I think that what fails is the ball .. the toujeo units are very concentrated and a drop can be a lot .., I like the syringe for the slow ..., and you cannot with toujeo..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/30/2021 8:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

For me Toujeo was too unpredictable, and he needed quite high doses.I tried at all hours, but the Alba effect was very pronounced;It was at the time in mid -afternoon I also had to correct quickly.I went to Tresiba and less variable, it did cover the 24h of plenty but the alba effect persisted unless at dinner they were only carbohydrates (something I do not share).

In the month that I carry with a bomb I am delighted, I did not trust a lot and less in automatic mode, with a little pronounced dawn effect.

I do not believe at all the mechanism of action of basal insulins.The bomb has allowed me to verify how there is a greater need for Basal Bolus and automatic bolus at night.

drjesusangel's profile photo
drjesusangel
05/30/2021 8:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am using toujeo and I have pending to speak with the endocrine to see if I change three or not ...

I go for 38ud and I have not finished adjusting, and for a few days I see that I should also climb to 40ud.In my life I had put so many units ...

marine's profile photo
marine
05/31/2021 8:23 a.m.

I have been with Toujeo for several years.Almost since it came out.And now that I have been with a sensor and more controlled for a few months ... or what I see is that it does not cover me 24 hours.I put it at 11 and eat what eats at that time, so I don't eat anything, I spend 2 hours in 300. I will have to take something and get fast extra.

inmuchi_77's profile photo
inmuchi_77
02/24/2022 2:42 p.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Toujeo / FIASP y dieta baja en CH
Viva la vida <3

Hello!I have been with Toujeo from the beginning more than 4 years ago.I have not tried another basal.
From the beginning I noticed that it does not last 24 hours.I have tried different schedules and there were always peaks and down at specific times.
Reading I saw that there were people who divided the dose and so I have been 3 years old.Now I get 5 at 7:00 a.m. and 5 at 9:00 p.m. and for me it is as I am best.To my current endocrine I did not get a lot of fun, but if I put all before sleeping at 4-5 in the morning I am in hypoglycemia with afternoons up and if I put it when I wake up the hypoglycemia is around 19-20h and difficult peaks inBreakfast.Divided is much better.
Lately what costs me is to adjust the dose.I am getting up on 110-120 because if I wear one more unit I am going to hypoglycemia at dawn or before dinner.A few months ago I woke up in 80-90 without problems, but not anymore.
As for the variability of a few days to others, I associate it with the menstrual cycle.There are always a couple of peak days in mid -cycle with ovulation and the week prior to menstruation makes less effect.Now I am 48 years old and I started with dislikes, I suppose it is perimenopusia, so new fun.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
03/06/2022 7:49 a.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

Well, I am with Tresiba because Toujeo was not going well, I went up and climbed dose and from 5 in the morning that began to climb without and woke up high.
I changed to Tresiba, I had to lower the dose quite a lot, and at first, I kept the full flat curve.The night but for some months it is happening to me the same and I can not solve that, the climb is not as pronounced as with Toujeo but it goes up with respect to how I went to bed.How I usually have dinner early, I put quickly before dinner and another bolus before bed so that this does not happen because I go to 80 I know that it will rise.And yet my curve goes up.I have tried to put three different times at night, split it (in theory you can't but I see that I need much more basal at night than the day)
It can be hormonal, sum of the alba effect with dinner protein peak, I've been circling this and nothing.The bomb does not convince me although they have not offered me because I have a gly of 6.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/11/2022 1:52 p.m.

To my toujeo covers me 24 hours or so I think, I think that the climbs of the night are for the dinners and hormones of the premenopause, for the day I am stable;The proteins and fats give me up at 2-3 in the morning and although I get a noirpid, I do not get off, the fast does not work if I am not awake.

I have divided the dose twice, desired, to stop the effects of hormones when menstruating or ovular;I need those days between 2 and 4 more units of toujeo and triple the novorapid.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/14/2022 8:54 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

A question about Toujeo;The prospect says that you can use six weeks.However, in December the sugar levels began to climb and, as I am still on a honeymoon, I thought they were changing my insulin needs and increased the dose.When I changed the pen fell in hypoglycemia several times a day and returned to my previous dose.
I deduce that insulin was past.Has this happened to someone?
Now I change it at 5 weeks by caution and today, I fulfill 4 weeks, the levels are doing strange things.From eating time (15; 00) until now 20:35 I go on a continuous rise, having practiced yoga this afternoon.
I am a little mosqueada, I do not want to waste the pen but I suspect that it is not working well.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/22/2022 8:38 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Well, I have not noticed anything.I don't know if they last 6 weeks or less.
If the dry buffer has ever been left, where I click the needle in the pen, and I got less amount.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/22/2022 9:57 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, I am also in this situation that opened the thread.A pair or three days a week not low from 250. I click the rapid that clicks me.
I go with Toujeo and so far everything was going pretty.But I've been with this problem for a few weeks.
I have increased the dose up to 56 (it's a lot, right? even?), But the days that fails, there is no way.
And that is another question: if I see that it will be a day that I will not have a good basal, what can I do?Get much more toujeo in mid -morning, for example?I manage it before dinner.

Llopmesquer's profile photo
Llopmesquer
06/12/2024 3:30 a.m.

For my toujeo it is the best !!!!Until they had to medicate with corticosteroids.

Clau's profile photo
Clau
06/12/2024 3:56 a.m.

Diabetes Lada 1 desde 2018
Toujeo 16 U
Fiasp según conteo de CH
HG 6.5%
Freestyle

@Llopmesquer I'm the same as you.It is not insulin, it is me and my hormones, viruses, stress or whatever.
In fact, the vials just started and there is no form.For a 10G Breakfast of HC today 8uds insulin starting from 78, I have put myself in 235, it has dropped me at 3 hours.

I am tired psychologically.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/12/2024 10:04 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@llopmesquer I am the same as you.It is not insulin, it is me and my hormones, viruses, stress or whatever.
In fact, the vials just started and there is no form.For a 10G Breakfast of HC today 8uds insulin starting from 78, I have put myself in 235, it has dropped me at 3 hours.

I am tired psychologically.

Well, I too.I have days of absolute downturn because after years of carrying it well, now I do not control.

Llopmesquer's profile photo
Llopmesquer
06/12/2024 10:16 a.m.

@Llopmesquer: What is happening to you from being downturn, happens to many diabetics.
Now you start talking more and more about the mental burden of living with this chronic disease.
Link

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
06/13/2024 10:22 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.