{'en': 'Shoulder pathology, more frequent in people with diabetes', 'es': 'La patología de hombro, más frecuente en personas con diabetes'} Image

Shoulder pathology, more frequent in people with diabetes

fer's profile photo   10/24/2017 6:35 p.m.

Maria Elena said:
I have had it for many years, and the two PQ operated the tendons were damaged.It is quite well, but now they bother me again

Perform force exercises will help this pain not reappearing.Always by the hand of a professional.

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
11/30/2020 5:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

fer said:
The medical center of Donostia, Sendagrup, explains how to solve shoulder pathologies.

Shoulder pathology and more specifically the so -called frozen shoulder more frequently affects people with diabetes, to such an extent that according to a recently published study, the frozen shoulder is 5 times more frequent in people with diabetes compared to people who do notThey have diabetes.

I don't understand the relationship between this and diabetes, without investigating much more, what reason do they give it?Thus in summary.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/30/2020 5:48 p.m.

Adhesive shoulder capsulitis is musculoskeletal disorder that affects the most frequent upper limb between people with diabetes and can affect 13.4% of people with diabetes.If we take into account that in Spain there are approximately 6 million people with diabetes, it is possible to think that some 800,000 Spanish people with diabetes suffer from the so -called frozen shoulder.

rosa3's profile photo
rosa3
11/30/2020 5:53 p.m.

http://www.psicotipsve.com/

Alimartin said:

Hello everyone!I am physiotherapist and read in that thread a number of messages referring to the forced mobilization of the arm, to exercises with pain .... All evil in my opinion and according to the latest investigations that type of treatment can cause more pain, more stress andMore inflammation.

so?What is the solution?You just say "all evil" and now, you don't contribute anything!

farstar's profile photo
farstar
12/06/2020 2:57 p.m.

I had something similar a year ago: inability to raise my arm over the head and intense pain.

I went to a physiotherapist that I know, who is also a traumatologist and described the pathology you tell here.I had nothing clear, he was about to send me to insurance (where I would still be spinning for consultations), but in the end he managed to heal me based on massages and electrostimulation.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
12/06/2020 4:52 p.m.

I tell you my experience, it was the right arm almost three years going around with the doctors, they made me rehabilitation, shock waves, more rehabilitation, they did not want to infiltrate the diabetes and in the end they infiltrated me everything before deciding to operate.A Calvary, I could not take a glass of water with the right hand or could sleep and the terrible pain.Finally operation, in arthroscopy theory but apparently I had the tendons badAfter 2 years I have mobility but it hurts again and I all go to the elbow, it is as if they drilled me.Right now I have the same symptoms on the left arm and I have not even gone to the doctor because if the other time were 3 years for the operation now with the pandemic or I even tell you.I recommend private health insurance or that you go to payment doctors.

Rifesa's profile photo
Rifesa
12/06/2020 6:58 p.m.

In January 2018 I infiltrate my left shoulder, after about 30 rehabilitation sessions, currently that shoulder hurts sometimes, and I am paying 100 percent of mobility, in Marco I started with the same pains in law, at the beginning of NovemberTo the doctor (I did not do it for the pandemic) I have first prescribed an ultrasound (for February) so ... calculation that before a year, you may have some treatment ... what I do not know is if I will have it "cured"
Regarding the medical insurance, I would like, or you lie to have it, or denied it if you declare the diabetes, or for barbarities as a monthly quota ...

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
12/06/2020 10:30 p.m.

As soon as I detect symptoms, talk to my doctor and nothing, with exercise.Every morning when I got up and bed, 10 minutes of specific exercises for the area and since then as new.(Today I still do it but prevent more than anything).

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
12/09/2020 6:53 p.m.

moñiño said:
as soon as detects symptoms, talk to my doctor and nothing, with exercise.Every morning when I got up and bed, 10 minutes of specific exercises for the area and since then as new.(Today I still do it but prevent more than anything).

Can you share what exercises are they?

farstar's profile photo
farstar
12/09/2020 7:38 p.m.

farce said:
moñiño said:
insofar as it detects symptoms, talk to my doctor and nothing, with exercise.Every morning when I got up and bed, 10 minutes of specific exercises for the area and since then as new.(Today I still do it but prevent more than anything).

Can you share what exercises are they?

This first exercise is performed by flexing the body to put the trunk parallel to the ground.Leave the affected arm hanging.We move it by circles, like a pendulum, gently.Little by little we open the diameter of the circle.

We put the palm of the hand of the affected arm, on the opposite shoulder.With the other arm the elbow is pushed to where we allow us and press a few seconds.

The back of the affected arm is positioned by touching the back.The other hand, with which we have taken a towel or something similar, we pass it over the head.We catch the tip of the towel that has fallen with the affected arm.With the top hand we throw gently from the towel up, causing the affected arm to rise (eye, do not form. This specific exercise hurt the minimum and cost me at the beginning, the first months. Today it has improved)

Using a wall, the arm is resting on it, through the wrist area.The body is thrown forward (you do not lose the balance) leaving your arm behind.5 seconds are maintained and we repeat again.

Similar to the previous one, we place the fingertips this time, at the height of the head.The hand of the affected arm we move up without the wall fingers from the wall.

To start I think it's worth.10 minutes in the morning when I got up and 10 at night when bedtime and notice much improvement in a few months.
There are more exercises, but to start I think it is worth.I hope they have been clear.The same if I have time I record them and I upload them.Salu2

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
12/13/2020 10:34 a.m.

It was easier to put a link to the article: P Thank you!

Link

farstar's profile photo
farstar
12/18/2020 4:50 a.m.

Can you please share video of the exercises?

I have been with pain on the left shoulder since December and going to a physio, he recommended that he made me a resonance and as social security has even called me, I did it on my own, I looked for a private sports traumatologist and private TB andHe referred me to a physio.In February they diagnosed me frozen shoulder.

Since then I am with Chinese medicine, physio and exercises and I have almost completely recovered the movement on the shoulder.What I have left is the internal rotation that I have something that seems to block me completely but reading you I feel fortunate, I've been much better, I am much better, yes, daily exercise and weekly physio.He makes me dry puncture and helps me with exercises.

Chinese medicine that they have recommended me takes it daily and it is helping me to recover more quickly

Now he started bothering my right shoulder and they echoed me and they saw that I had inflamed the bursa, so it gives me that I start with the right since I hurt to rage ...

The physio has recommended me to exercise the same ones that with the left, so I have no choice but to continue

Thank you!!!!

essebess's profile photo
essebess
07/25/2021 2:03 p.m.

My mother passed it, it happened fatal, in the end or sedated before operating they could lift it.After the operation and a lot of rehabilitation time is quite good.He started on the other at the time to start him in the right but with the rehabilitation the left seems to improve without the need to operate

Nila's profile photo
Nila
07/25/2021 2:34 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

I already comment that the frozen shoulder treated me with corticosteroids and rehabilitation, a year ago, this summer, it hurts to swim, but then as new, I recommend swimming as a rehabilitation, it hurts, but a new one stays, andI even scratch me :): D

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
07/25/2021 4:33 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

They just diagnosed a calcification on the shoulder, in internal rotation.I thought it was for the weights but it looks like a frozen shoulder mixture and calcification.
The physio could not do much with me.
The bad thing is that he told me that he will reproduce in the other shoulder

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/25/2021 4:46 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Oysters .... @ruthbia I hope it is something temporary ... can you do something to prevent it?

fer's profile photo
fer
07/25/2021 5:53 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Because of what a friend, you can't do much to prevent it.A few come out and not others.
Of course, once A is known that one has calcifications, you have to go to rehabilitation and move them and remove them.A big mistake is not to move.

@Ruthbia are patient!These things take a bit, but surely you will improve with rehabilitation.Cheer up

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/25/2021 6:52 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I'm sorry @ruthbia, don't worry, it is sure to be a temporary pain, anyway look at it and do not let it pass, a greeting 👋

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
07/25/2021 7:58 p.m.

Thank you.Yes, currents and shock blows to break them.I am waiting for the appointment.
It hurts a little but I don't stop.The worst dress is when it hurts the most.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/25/2021 7:58 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have had frozen shoulder and several tendonitis.When I feel discomfort again, I do the exercises that the physiotherapist recommended for a couple of days.(Those exercises coincide with the link that has hung @farstar).I assure you that doing these exercises takes away my pain.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
07/26/2021 5:36 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.