{'en': 'Type 1 diabetic on honeymoon without exogenous insulin for 8 months', 'es': 'Diabetico tipo 1 en luna de miel sin insulina exógena durante 8 meses'} Image

Type 1 diabetic on honeymoon without exogenous insulin for 8 months

Yessica_A's profile photo   10/24/2017 7:03 p.m.

Yesterday I found a case that caught my attention, I have begun to follow him on Instagram to see how it evolves.

His name is David Díaz Gil, he has the blog informaalos40 and participates in vitonica with articles.He has been covering Men’s Health 2 times (the last one with 40 years) and has made an Ironman (all this before being diabetic).

According to his Instagram 9 months ago he was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, he spent a month with insulin and typical diet with 60% hydrates that the endocrine put.

A month he changed to a new endocrine and began a low diet in hydrates, gluten without lactose and stopped needing insulin.I guess this is because I was still on the honeymoon and it is also very fit and has a lot of muscle so it will be super sensitive to insulin.

With all this combination if your pancreas continues to produce some insulin, it manages to be at practically non -diabetic levels (because of the photos that it puts on Instragram of the controls).We will have to wait to see how it evolves and how long the honeymoon can keep.

If the trigger was gluten or lactose intolerance, when eliminating it from the diet, it has stopped the destruction of beta cells and with low carb diet can continue without insulin.

If you want to look for the Instagram, it is informal them40 as the blog.It also has some articles in vitonica on diabetes that you have written recently.If I find out more things I tell you.I planned to write on Instagram to ask you if you don't care about telling your evolution.

It is the first case of an adult who finds that has achieved this and above Spanish.So far I have only seen a child and none Spanish and I have not been able to locate them anywhere to see how they have evolved.

You can read a post on your blog about insulin and because it is not what fattens: Link

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/24/2017 7:03 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

It will not be typical type 1, because, at least in children, it is fulminant ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/24/2017 7:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I guess in adults the thing is slower because at least in cases of pollen allergy over the years it is less and it is because the immune system is weakening.So it makes sense than in children the thing goes faster.This boy has more than 40 and we must also bear in mind that he has a physical form much higher than the average that will make him insulin very sensitive.You just have to see your photos, it's all muscle.That together with a diet with little hydrate because it makes the few beta cells that are left.We will have to see how long it lasts.But well it seemed a curious case because I have not seen any that.
And I will have a door that in some cases the use of insulin can be delayed for a few months.

Yessica_A
10/24/2017 10:11 p.m.

I don't see anything strange.There are those who are diagnosed and can pass without insulin for a while.I spent many months that I was always with normal glycemia.I was quickly mixed and slow NPH mixed, the endocrine said it was better to put me a unit I don't remember why, but it was as if it was not damage.The best hemoglobins!

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/25/2017 10:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My son debuted 9 months ago with 9 years, now he has 10 and has been with 4 units of Lantus at night, there has been one day that has been high before some food and 1 novorapid unit has been punctured, in his caseIt is so because apart from being on a honeymoon, not for still ... it moves a lot and burns ... I know that it will not last forever ... but well, what lasts will be good will be

Carmen Gomez Dalmau's profile photo
Carmen Gomez Dalmau
10/25/2017 11:41 p.m.

Jessica is also interesting to read, thank you for sharing it!My son a few days before turning 4 he was diagnosed with diabetes (1000 glucose in urine, 126 in blood) was almost 9 months without insulin, only urine controls and punctures in his fingers, until as the diabetologist told us, we were going to goSeeing that their values ​​were going to shoot and so it was ... I started there with NPH a few months once a day, it covered it very well, then twice x day and since May of this year Lantus and Lispro before each meal.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/26/2017 5:02 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Sorry Yesssica, I wrote your name badly.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/26/2017 5:03 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

I did not know that there were more cases of not needing insulin for some time.I until now all the cases they knew used insulin from the diagnosis.It seems to me that more cases should be investigated about these cases and see that different from the rest and also look for more about the causes.We know almost nothing about the causes and I think it is something important because in some cases something could be done to prevent it or prevent it from moving forward.
The bad thing is that avoiding it does not produce benefits to pharmacists and will not investigate it but governments should dedicate money to this in addition to finding a cure.

Yessica_A
10/26/2017 10:14 a.m.

The State /Government should truly take over but as you say, many interests created.In autoimmune diseases there are many signs of question when the scientist can list the triggers, I particularly consider them psychosomatic diseases, but I have a very particular reading of how emotions go through us, whether conscious or unconscious (realizing or not)
I leave you a small article, to read, there are also many different looks and modalities of approach.
Link

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/26/2017 10:08 p.m.

Argentina

It's very interesting @"dani76".It is clear that the mind influences many more things we believe and may also have something to do with autoimmune diseases.

Yessica_A
10/26/2017 11:09 p.m.

@"Yesssica_a", good day.First I debuted with diabetes, 2 years later diagnosis of lactose celiacy and intolerance.In my case with a very strict gluten -free diet or lactose (zero transgressions or cradified contamination) my glycemias did not improve.As for the allergies that improve over time, at least in my case it will be worse ... I started allergy to mites (I spent 5 years with vaccines) and now I have all possible allergies.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
10/31/2017 10:35 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@"Solaria" is clear that not all are the same, I have spoken in general for what I have read and seen in other allergic ones.But each body is different and there will be cases like yours that do not follow the general rule.There are also cases of allergies that appear when you already have a certain age although you had never been allergic.My mother is allergic to wasps and bees for recently and until then she never had an allergic reaction to any of them.There are still many things that are unknown to autoimmune diseases and allergies.
What is clear is that there is something that is causing disorders in our immune system because there are more and more cases when it was very strange before.In a few years we have changed our food including products that have never been in human food, there is more and more pollution to which we are continuously exposed, ... I think that all of that has a lot to do with the immune system does not work well(But this is personal opinion).All this is starting to be studied and much is not yet known but I suppose that over time the causes of this increase in autoimmune allergies and diseases can be found.

As for the improvement of glycemia, I do not think it has to do with not eating gluten or lactose.In the case of this boy I suppose that he has eliminated them because there are many more cases of intolerance in type 1 diabetics than in non -diabetics and some relationship has been seen in some studies and just in case it has something to do because they will have wanted to try (this isWhat I imagine because he doesn't say it anywhere so it is for another reason).What does not need insulin (in addition to the fact that it will have an incredible insulin sensitivity because of its physical form and that it is on the honeymoon) is that it has a low hydrates diet.Once the honeymoon is past or with those you will not need insulin, that is evident.I have been with low hydrates and my glycemia for some time have improved a lot, there are days that are of non -diabetic but I still need insulin (much less fast use but the slow one I have not modified).If I had had the opportunity to try it as soon as I diagnose the same could have been without insulin but now that my body no longer produces anything because it is impossible.You can eat gluten without lactose and eat the same hydrates as before and then you will not notice difference in glucose.
I have seen some examples of meals that it puts on Instagram and they are first salads or vegetables, sin or second eggs and some fruit in some food.To give an example, a dinner that put the other day were 4 eggs and a giant salad with lettuce, salmon, avocado, nuts, ... as you see hydrate there is very little, despite the amount of food that is aBarbarity (there were 2000 kcal), but in his case only maintenance calories will need a buried.

Yessica_A
10/31/2017 1:15 p.m.

I debut 15 years ago and with very low diet in CH and I have gone from glycosylated 6.5 or 6.7 to 5.5 and 5.7 in the last year.Almost without hypoglycemia and with half insulin that before.The perfect lipid profile too, I already put it here for a long time.It all started following Dr Bernstein's book, Diabetes Solution.

tigrecito's profile photo
tigrecito
06/07/2018 7:40 a.m.

I debute with emotion with slow 20 of toujeo, rapiziza 2,3,2 almes were removed only toujeo 8y my hemo in three mese low me, 4 there is a day that I do not even punish and I am stamped.1.60 My reservation is 0, 78 without clicking on I get up in A fast 86 and not on step 200 and almost never arrived almost always 160 I am type 1

Rocio36's profile photo
Rocio36
06/07/2018 8:39 a.m.

I always say the nonsense, as a pussy, that nature is wise and the extermination of the human race begins xD
On the other hand, I was at first only with 5 slowly and now is when I start to get fast, I am so sensitive to insulin that if I do not wear half a unit or a unit I planted in 300 or more, but if I put itI have 130-140 glycemia.The endocrine says that I have type 1 diabetes but with slow progression (I thought that was lada)

Ursula's profile photo
Ursula
06/07/2018 1:48 p.m.

@"Ursula" Type 1 and Lada is the same, nothing more than the last one is slower progression.

Franco0399's profile photo
Franco0399
06/07/2018 2:14 p.m.

Basaglar 9 unidades mañana, 8 noche. Apidra a demanda.

I have been lost with the subject for a year, I now get a group1 attached photo of the analytics since the way the climb

Antonio Canela Carmona's profile photo
Antonio Canela Carmona
06/11/2018 10:11 p.m.

Fuck, I see that you also took away the tonsils, me too.You must do a survey among the debutants of tonsillitis, pharyngitis etc because I see that it is a common element among many of those we are here ...:-?

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/11/2018 10:21 p.m.

My daughter also removed them with 3 years, because they were continuous infections and antibiotics.But I am also operated since childhood and I am not a diabetic and number of people operated, either.
I think I had many small infections because the immune system was no longer very strong ... and it exploded on the other hand.The funny thing is that, after debuting, he had no more infections of anything.Only pharyngitis once.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/12/2018 1 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yesssica_a said:
I didn't know there were more cases of not needing insulin for some time.I until now all the cases they knew used insulin from the diagnosis.It seems to me that more cases should be investigated about these cases and see that different from the rest and also look for more about the causes.We know almost nothing about the causes and I think it is something important because in some cases something could be done to prevent it or prevent it from moving forward.
The bad thing is that avoiding it does not produce benefits to pharmacists and will not investigate it but governments should dedicate money to this in addition to finding a cure.

Interesting what you tell, I will follow the account of this boy.I hope something similar happens to me

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
04/22/2021 4:28 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.