{'en': 'Hyperglycemia in the morning', 'es': 'Hiperglucemias en la mañana'} Image

Hyperglycemia in the morning

Aruky's profile photo   10/24/2018 9:55 a.m.

Good morning guys,

I have a concern for a few months now and it is as follows.I have always been a person that I have had to control my levels before bedtime since I had a tendency to night hypos but I have been about 2 or 3 months that is the opposite.

It doesn't matter if I went to bed with correct values ​​that I get up with a 200-250 hyper.If I go to bed with the high level due to a bad dinner count (as happened to me last night) that I went to bed with 202, I did not obviously take any right and I got up in 257.

I have consulted it with my educator and I have done several controls at 3:30 in the morning and although the levels are correct at that time when I get up again.My educator recommended free freestyle to see everything that could be happening at night but I have requested it and nothing.

They are exhausted for the moment :( I also have to say that when I get up with hyper, I inject my fast insulin, exactly the same breakfast every morning and sometimes I have a low breakfast post and others continue the levels in hyper until the time of the time of theLunch that seems to be stabilized and already continues the average controlled day.

I have varied the units of the slow to see if this night routine changed but when climbing them it has caused me to have more hypos during the day and I had to lower it.I am something desperate since I do not know how to act and it seems that my educator is not much either.I currently have a 7.4 hemo and I suppose that something more will have increased.

I have been trying to lower my hemo since January (with visits to the educator) because I would like7.4) I am very frustrated to see that what I intend instead of lowering it is going up.

I hope you can give me some advice because I certainly don't know where to throw and I am overwhelming.

Greetings!

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
10/24/2018 9:55 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7
Toujeo 14 (23:30)
Ultima Hemo: 6.6 (29/01/20)
Freestyle Libre desde 06/2019

It looks like the phenomenon of Alba could be.Around 4 or 5 in the morning the body begins to release hormones to prepare to get up and sometimes cause glucose to rise.With bolis this has a difficult solution.The only thing is that you find the time you get up and put an alarm to put something quickly and thus get to breakfast.Of course the Free or any MCG would help you very much to see those trends but for now they do not leave new users for the Free.You can look at some other system, for a pregnancy I see it very useful because with hormonal changes it is very complicated.
Also that the endocrine see you and to assess whether in your case it would be better to use a slow 12 hours in order to raise the dose of the night and maintain the day of the day as now.Or if you want bomb, for pregnancy it is easier for you to put it on, also eat it to the endo.With the pump these things are corrected easier with a temporary basal.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/24/2018 10:14 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you for your yesssic comment.The truth is that the bomb already commented on my previous pregnancy and they told me that I did not have the profile to use it, but in this case, I have been like this for a few months, I have only suggested to use the freestyle to see what happens.As I have already told my educator that I continue with the climbs tells me to raise the slow one but be careful not to have nightclubs, but the fact is that when I upload it I do not have them nocturnal but during the day, so I returnto lower it.I will have to climb the slow to improve the fasts and at the same time give me the hypos of day lower the rapids to try to counteract ... uff what mess !!And the truth is that I would like to lower the hemo at least 1 point before getting pregnant.And with respect to other meters I can't afford them.It was the freestyle, and I have asked to make a great effort ... so at the moment it will have to do millions of controls and try to get it to the bowls :(

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
10/24/2018 10:50 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

Maybe it's better to put the toujeo in the morning ,,.It seems that it makes you more effect after 12 hours.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/24/2018 8:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina.I will try to see if I can improve the situation out there.The truth is that I have never managed to lower my hem more than 6.4 or when I was pregnant.It seems to me something so complicated that it ends up overwhelming when I see the efforts I make and the few results I get ... Anyway, I will tell you how the changes :)

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
10/25/2018 9:13 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

Something similar happened to me, it seems like the partner says the phenomenon Alba, and then I changed the slow to 12 hour and the guy since I wanted21:30 at night 12 you.Because before I had the lantus, I click on LSS 22:00 but it didn't get well for the whole day and now I'm super good

María Cortés López's profile photo
María Cortés López
10/26/2018 6:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have thirteen years that I am type 1 Humalog 5-6-5, novorapid12-12 and in September we have: 6.6

María Cortés López's profile photo
María Cortés López
10/26/2018 6:37 p.m.

But novorapid is not a quick insulin ???Do you put it in two doses a day as if it were a slow ???I don't understand.I wear the slow toujeo once a day (at night) and the rapid at each meal.It is true that there are slow that it is better to separate them into two shots to make better effect or change them from schedule .... I don't know.I am quite overwhelmed because although it eats exactly the same two days in a row the difference from one day to another at the levels of the same time are brutal ... I do not understand!

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
10/29/2018 11:07 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7

aruky said:
good morning guys,

I have a concern for a few months now and it is as follows.I have always been a person that I have had to control my levels before bedtime since I had a tendency to night hypos but I have been about 2 or 3 months that is the opposite.

It doesn't matter if I went to bed with correct values ​​that I get up with a 200-250 hyper.If I go to bed with the high level due to a bad dinner count (as happened to me last night) that I went to bed with 202, I did not obviously take any right and I got up in 257.

I have consulted it with my educator and I have done several controls at 3:30 in the morning and although the levels are correct at that time when I get up again.My educator recommended free freestyle to see everything that could be happening at night but I have requested it and nothing.

They are exhausted for the moment :( I also have to say that when I get up with hyper, I inject my fast insulin, exactly the same breakfast every morning and sometimes I have a low breakfast post and others continue the levels in hyper until the time of the time of theLunch that seems to be stabilized and already continues the average controlled day.

I have varied the units of the slow to see if this night routine changed but when climbing them it has caused me to have more hypos during the day and I had to lower it.I am something desperate since I do not know how to act and it seems that my educator is not much either.I currently have a 7.4 hemo and I suppose that something more will have increased.

I have been trying to lower my hemo since January (with visits to the educator) because I would like7.4) I am very frustrated to see that what I intend instead of lowering it is going up.

I hope you can give me some advice because I certainly don't know where to throw and I am overwhelming.

Greetings!

Good morning,
It happens to me exactly the same, I carry the freestyle and the only thing I see is that, one hour or two before waking the sugar shoots.I use the same insulin as you and administer it the same.
I asked the doctor, he said that before lifting the body he prepares and supplies glucose.I don't know, because I've been getting up early for a week to work and I have it flat all night.
I can't answer you anymore, because I don't know.

Greetings

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
12/27/2021 8:04 a.m.

I don't know if you've tried to put it in the morning .. the best fits better ..,
And I don't know if you have tried it ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/27/2021 5:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I imagine that the companion who has written to you before referring to slowness of slow twice and novorapid pq if not, that pattern does not make sense.
I am like you but from three or four in the morning it is CDO begins to rise, the rest of the day I am well, quite flat and stable but at night, when the effect of the rapid ends, that begins to rise without any explanation.
Some tell me that it is very soon to be a phenomenon of dawn, which can be a late peak of proteins ingested at dinner (I do a low food in hydrates), also that the same should change at night to a quick insulin that will lastMoreover, I have uploaded the slow one and it happens to me, that if I go up a lot until I get an acceptable figure in the morning, then for the day I am very fair or low.TB could be hormonal issues, I don't know what age you are.But it is true that it is only at night, as happens to me, and it doesn't make much sense.
I think that I need much slower at night than for the day, I have tried from two slowly and get more at night than for the day (I don't know if I told you but I wear threeiba, who is a cousin sisterof Toujeo, that in theory you should not leave twice but I know of many people who do it).I have tried different hours of putting the slow one, until now, and after many changes and attempts, I remain more or less the same, one day it changes but as a rule it goes up at night, if I wake up on two or three and I see forFreestyle, who is going up because I correct myself quickly but twice as dose of what would be normal for me at another time of the day huh?I get up at 150
The only exception was Christmas night that was not hungry and I didn't have any, so I put only the slow and surprise was that I was flat but fair, but nothing went up.But then the solution is not dinner?
I get a lot of hungry from noon to breakfast without taking anything, hehehe.
I don't know if I have brought you anymore.You could try an hour change as you have told you and see if you are better.And if you want to put the bomb, at least in my community, if you are trying a pregnancy or you are pregnant, they do not usually put a problem to put on the bomb if you do not get the goal of gly for pregnancy, consult it with your endocrine.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/27/2021 5:36 p.m.

@Aruky: I would go up the toujeo until I get up in acceptable values ​​and to avoid descent during the day you can lower the fiasp a bit.It also takes advantage to "chop" between hours if you are low.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
12/29/2021 7:20 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

The same thing happens to me yesterday, for example, I slept at 1 in the morning and had a glucose of 99 and at 3 in the morning 171, I have put 4 units fast (novorapid) and I arrived in the morning at 87,Something goes up every night and I don't know what it is, the only solution is to put on a bit quickly to get well in the morning, without that in the morning I lift myself to 250-280 and without spending me eating, 2 days ago to 289, by the wayI use threeiba, I put it on the 23 h in theory I should get well becauseI remember the fast insulin bolus I already have a hyper

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
12/30/2021 2:38 p.m.

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
01/11/2022 10:28 a.m.

rogerix said:
The same thing happens to me for example for example at 1 in the morning and had a glucose of 99 and at 3 in the morning 171, I have put 4 units ofFast (Novorapid) and I have arrived in 87 in the morning, something goes up every night and I don't know what it is, the only solution is to get a little fast to get well in the morning, without that in the morning I get up at 250-280And without spending me eating, 2 days ago to 289, by the way threeiba, I put it on the 23 h in theory should get well because it maintains stable blood glucose, and in fact during the day it keeps me perfect I am all day between 80-160 But the nights are mortal, if I fall asleep and I do not remember the fast insulin bolus I already have a hyper

Fat and dinner protein.The only option is to reduce it or change it by hydrates that are consumed before in the body.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/11/2022 6:33 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If I ceno little and no fat, I believe that it will be about the alba syndrome that the body releases hormones and therefore rises, in fact this morning to 302 and athletes and 4 ham croquettes, and from 3 the graph of theSensor begins to climb 150, 160, 200, to 300, I have put a bolus at 7.40 of 10 units and at 9 it was 100

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/11/2022 8:18 p.m.

4 croquettes !!!!That has a lot of fat of frying and lentils are usually stewed with fat.
1 tomato and 2 turkey slices without fat Note would rise anything;)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/11/2022 8:49 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

They are lentils with nothing just put a laurel and curcma leaf, the croquettes that but are 4 alone, before having retinopathy it ate 6

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/11/2022 9:51 p.m.

rogerix said:
are lentils with nothing just put a laurel and curcma leaf, the croquettes that yes but they are 4 alone, before I have retinopathy it ate 6

The lentils have hydrates, like all the legumes, according to the ones you eat you will have to calculate insulin, at night I bareGlycemia at hours, if you take them, better at dinner, I see normal that I upload you eating that.I try to eat light at night and still get on but not so much!

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/11/2022 11:12 p.m.

Well but quite that and it is possible that it goes up so much at 5 h if it had dinner?

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/11/2022 11:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.