{'en': "High blood glucose and I don't know why", 'es': 'Glucemia alta y no se porque'} Image

High blood glucose and I don't know why

j0rge81's profile photo   12/05/2017 9:20 p.m.

Hello, I mediate because it is my first message in the forum although I was in the previous forum many years ago almost 10, I have diabetes since the age of 23 and now I have 36, I am hypertensive for a couple of years too.

The fact is that I have been clicking on Toujeo for months and then at the meals the rapid between 3 or 4 units depends on what I eat, in summer it hit some sweaty at night with hyperglycemia in the morning and seeing the forum a long time agoI saw that a boy click Toujeo one part in the morning and another at night and that I was doing well ... so I started doing the same, now I am in 16 on an empty stomach and 10 at night, the problem is theNext and put some examples ...

If before sleep I am for example in 170-180 the next day I get up perfect in 100 ... but if before sleep I have 120 do whatever I do in 200 ... it is to eat something to not go to sleep so lowor not eat anything.

Today, for example, I have eaten a dish that according to a book that I have with a photo is 7 portions, I have punctured 5 and 2 hours after eating I had 91 .... I have eaten something about 5, a couple of maria without sugar cookiesAdded .... Before dinner I had almost 300 ... From there that I have opened the thread, it is very didic to arrive before dinner well, it doesn't matter whether or not.

I like a plate of lentils that in my book are 6 units and I punish 3 ... at 2 hours I have 100

Examples like this, I don't know how to do the numbers I do not find the key, my hemoglobin is 7 tenth up or down and I want to improve.

Where do I start?

j0rge81's profile photo
j0rge81
12/05/2017 9:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

j0rge81 said:
hello, I half present because it is my first message in the forum even if I was in the previous forum many years ago almost 10, I have diabetes since the age of 23 and now I have 36, I am 36, I amHypertensive for a couple of years as well.

The fact is that I have been clicking on Toujeo for months and then at the meals the rapid between 3 or 4 units depends on what I eat, in summer it hit some sweaty at night with hyperglycemia in the morning and seeing the forum a long time agoI saw that a boy click Toujeo one part in the morning and another at night and that I was doing well ... so I started doing the same, now I am in 16 on an empty stomach and 10 at night, the problem is theNext and put some examples ...

If before sleep I am for example in 170-180 the next day I get up perfect in 100 ... but if before sleep I have 120 do whatever I do in 200 ... it is to eat something to not go to sleep so lowor not eat anything.

Today, for example, I have eaten a dish that according to a book that I have with a photo is 7 portions, I have punctured 5 and 2 hours after eating I had 91 .... I have eaten something about 5, a couple of maria without sugar cookiesAdded .... Before dinner I had almost 300 ... From there that I have opened the thread, it is very didic to arrive before dinner well, it doesn't matter whether or not.

I like a plate of lentils that in my book are 6 units and I punish 3 ... at 2 hours I have 100

Examples like this, I don't know how to do the numbers I do not find the key, my hemoglobin is 7 tenth up or down and I want to improve.

Where do I start?

The first, slow insulin decisions you should agree with an endocrine.I have used a lot of Toujeo time and endures 24h., It is not necessary to prick it in 2 times (each is a world, I do not get there, but in principle it is a basal insulin designed precisely for 24h).

Regarding macaroni, for example: the pasta has a lot of glucose and a relatively low glycemic index, so that the absorption to the blood is delayed (and even more so if you ate it with tomato and meat, for example).When you had 91 you still had a rapid insulin of the bolus you had put yourself, but the absorption of the macaroni lasted more than the rapid insulin in your body and then climbed (when you had nothing quickly left) and on top of the cookies of the cookies.The result?300 glycemia ... If you had not eaten anything you would have gone from 150 in the third and fourth hour since you ate the macaroni ...

Not only with the photos, you should weigh food to know what you are eating, as long as you have a chance.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/05/2017 10:08 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

@"JPR" And what is done in these cases?My son debuted with DM1 6 months ago and I am very discouraged to see that he always begins to raise glucose levels 2 or 3 hours after food or dinner, when the effect of the novorapid has already passed.

What is the solution?Do not eat macaroni with tomato, pizza, or veal in sauce, or anything at all ...?

Forgive the tone of discouragement.It is that the endocrine either give me solution and I no longer know what to try without boring the poor little boy based on white rice and cooked potatoes ...

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
12/05/2017 11:38 p.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

The solution is never to stop eating certain things, if not learning to control them with insulin.With pizza type meals you will have to divide the dose into two parts, putting one part to the beginning and another from the time of having eaten the pizza, for example.This is very individual and pizza is also a highly variable food, but it has a very characteristic absorption curve that is characterized by an immediate rise in blood glucose as it is eaten and another that occurs 2 and 4 hours after eating it, which, whichIt is longer, and traces like a kind of plateau that remains without lowering hours (that is what gives hyperglycemia after the rapid).For this absorption profile, typical of fat -rich foods, you must apply what is called Bolo Dual, which with a pen forces 2 rapid insulin punctures.With other foods of the macaroni type with tomato or paella the same can happen to you ... with insulin pump it is relatively easy, but with a pen it must be recognized that it is not entirely manageable ... Anyway, the endocrine must teach youManage insulin for all types of food.They have always taught me

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/06/2017 12:09 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Thanks @"jpr", I am encouraged to tell that the solution is never to stop eating certain things.I aspire to know how to handle and control my son's diabetes without him having to stop eating what he likes.Luckily it has never been to eat sweets, buns or sweets, but he likes a good dish of paella, pizza or macaroni.

A question in what you comment on giving 2 fast punctures in the case of pizza: What percentage would you put in each puncture?50% -50% would be fine?

Thank you very much again.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
12/06/2017 12:27 a.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

To start if, 50% 50% are fine ... Then you can adjust and refine more.But remember also calculating the fat, which will become carbohydrates and will provide some more ration of those that this type of food could initially have, which should not be short of fast or will go wrong.Anyway, talk to the endocrine before: these kinds of things have to adjust an endocrine and not in a forum, where we count all our particular experiences;Each person is a world and within the same treatment the variability of each one makes it necessary to individualize insulin, time and all guidelines in general.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/06/2017 12:44 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

JPR does not always know or transmit for example, this to prove 50% and 50%.In my short experience the doctors know for books and some from experience in their patients, if there was an endocrine that had diabetes I am sure that it would be at least a little simpler.
I believe, or at least in my experience, many things that I read in this forum served me and much, everything I read are experiences and subjective experiences, that knowing my son, some I tried very carefully and very little by little... As for example, I was able to avoid the postprandial breakfast, add fruit and serve cookies, consult the doctor of applying lantus at the same time as Lispro at breakfast and when I coincide I serve the 300 peaks, now when you have a bit low to theStart to eat, I do not apply and eat, but eat and in the while I apply, since it did not lower your blood glucose.And all this before consult with the doctor ... there are "tricks" that escape the doctors and are not written in any book.If you have to be cautious, but this forum and the experiences of everything serve me a little of each one!
Because one consults the doctor but there are situations that one can learn from another!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
12/06/2017 3:44 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

If you always climb before dinner you will have to climb the slow ... and, if the climbs are when you wake up, it may be slow or a rebound due to night hypoglycemia ...
The latter I have never seen in my daughter, but they say what happens .., it could be that when you go to 120 and you wake up high.
And maybe you have to download a toujeo unit ..
Put Toujeo in two doses does not take advantage of its advantages ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/06/2017 4:01 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, good night, my name is Anabel, 29 years old, 11 years with type 1 diabetes. Today I meet a quite desperate episode .. The case sched tonight I went to dinner with my partner but I click more insulin than I owed, totalthat after a while I lowered the sugar and took a considered amount of hydrates in my house to rise again because I was very bad ... and I know that this should only wait for it to rise and if it is not to eat more butI couldn't help it ...
Total that after the empacho of hydrates I am measuring the sugar from 12 at night that went down to all night ... and it turns out that until 3AM I try to rest but I can not for the palpitations so strong that I haveAnd seeing that after the great supply of hydrates I did not upload me ... and about 3 I find a value of 250 or less which calms me because at least those palpitations I see that they were for that, it took to climb but went up (3 Horas took) ... Well, seeing that figure I inject a couple of units and I return to bed, well, after a while, later I continue with palpitations that do not let me sleep ... I click 3 units more sinceI was still in 200 and peak ... and at the time it turns out that I remain the same ... I click another 4 units almost an hour ago, we are going to total in the whole night I have already supplied 9 units in total, and it already seems to meA savage but still without going down ... It is already clear that I don't sleep tonight ... I don't know if waiting to see if you go down once or keep putting insulin ... or how to do to get faster ... I'mdesperate already.

Thank you for reading me ...

Anabel23's profile photo
Anabel23
12/06/2017 6:15 a.m.

Be careful to accumulate rapid bowling one after another, since you can have an order hypoglycemia ... If the first correction does not lower blood glucose, I would wait a little more before putting the second.Sometimes the rapid effect takes time to notice (perhaps 1h after clicking in 200 but at the next time you are already in 170 and at the third hour in 120) ... accumulating two corrective bowls can cause you a difficult hypoglycemia difficult to trace (Imagine accumulating 3, as your case has been ... and more with as many units as you have accumulated).As a advice, wait your time and not happily bolos correctors ... @"anabel23"

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/06/2017 2:34 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
care with accumulating rapid bowling one after another, since you can have an ordering hypoglycemia ... If the first correction does not lower glycemia, I would expect a little moreBefore putting the second.Sometimes the rapid effect takes time to notice (perhaps 1h after clicking in 200 but at the next time you are already in 170 and at the third hour in 120) ... accumulating two corrective bowls can cause you a difficult hypoglycemia difficult to trace (Imagine accumulating 3, as your case has been ... and more with as many units as you have accumulated).As a advice, wait your time and not happily bolos corrective bowls ... @"anabel23"Rest ... at 7am I got sleeping in 140 and I took half chocolate so that youClick 2 units in case the chocolate came up a lot ... at 2am I was in 70 .. well and so I continue with the up and down ... to see if I manage to be at some point ....

Anabel23's profile photo
Anabel23
12/06/2017 2:57 p.m.

The 2pm forgive *

Anabel23's profile photo
Anabel23
12/06/2017 2:58 p.m.

You have to wait a little longer ... Fast insulin remains active in the agency between 3/4 hours.That is what I mean ... putting a corrector bolus one hour after the previous one is very risky and it is very possible that you end up in hypoglycemia.When you put insulin to correct yourself (according to your sensitivity factor) be patient and wait a couple of hours at least to see what your blood glucose descends well.In this way, you will not have to take hydrate to compensate for an excess of insulin (as happened yesterday) and you will solve hyperglycemia in a safer and more efficient way.@"Anabel23"

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/06/2017 3:10 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Thanks JPR I will try what you say about the 2 punctures, I am very discouraged to try to control it well and not to be able to do it, if I could prick 10 times and control the numbers as a clock I would do it without hesitation.

The example of the macaroni were the grams counted there were 70gr in raw, according to a book that I have marks the rations that are for example 7 ... but if I punctuate 7 at 2 hours I have a hypoglycemia so I click me less ...I'm going to try 4 and at 2.5 another 3

j0rge81's profile photo
j0rge81
12/06/2017 5:08 p.m.

The first test seems to have gone well, I have not been able to make more measurements since I was working, I had a sugar in case it gave me a downturn.
I have reached the food and had 100, the food has been Cuscus 75 gr with sauce, 4 novorapid units and at 5:00 p.m.104, I will try the same with the paella on weekends because it is also a roller coaster.

j0rge81's profile photo
j0rge81
12/07/2017 9:31 p.m.

Jorge has recently been in the life of diabetes, and if there is something that I learned as a mother, it is not to try to have control because it is very frustrating.Do not be discouraged, there are many variables that influence glucose levels, as you know, what serves you today does not work and the three days serve again.Anxiety, the mood, if you exercised more, if you ate something different, if it occurred to glycemia ... tries to be in the values ​​that the medical team proposed to you, it seems to me that you try very well, butDo not try to have everything under control because it is almost impossible!
I don't know what our forum partners think ....

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
12/08/2017 3:32 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

I think the same, I despair many times with my son because he goes 3 days and I have to be giving food to climb him and good at first, doing the same thing I have to be correcting him with insulin to lower his sugar.And I can't find any explanation

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
12/10/2017 9:14 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

@"Dalu" @"dani76" Having control of diabetes is impossible, we will never get it.And the variability between days is something innate to diabetes, it cannot be avoided.Having someday with a tendency to be low and the next the opposite happens to us all, but we must not go back, you just have to know how to handle yourself.The main thing is not to overwhelm and learn to take it.Don't look for explanation, it's just like that ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/10/2017 10:11 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Jpr what you say is what I wrote.And that is what I think. I put that if there is something that I learned as mom is not to try to have control, because you just can't.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
12/10/2017 11:53 p.m.

Argentina

j0rge81 said:
thanks jpr I will try what you say about the 2 punctures, I am very discouraged to try to control it well and not to be able to do it, if I could prick 10 times and control the numbers like a clockI would not hesitate.

The example of the macaroni were the grams counted there were 70gr in raw, according to a book that I have marks the rations that are for example 7 ... but if I punctuate 7 at 2 hours I have a hypoglycemia so I click me less ...I will try 4 and at 2.5 hours another 3

I fully agree on JPR in your comments.As important as counting the HC is knowing what we accompany it.The example of pizza is excellent: if I do the pizza at home and go to the oven, it contains much less fat than if I buy the refrigerated.In both cases, counting HC are practically the same.But in the case of the bought it carries so much industrial fat that nutrient absorption is greatly delayed.Consequence: We are great after the intake with values ​​of 90-120, but then without eating anything more after, we reach 200-250 before the next meal.
My advice: Avoid including fats in the intakes.For example, in Galicia the "netilla" cheese of cow's milk abounds.That contains about 53% fat.If I take some of that, no matter how much it comes well to the post-comment, I will be very high before the next meal because the fast insulin only covers the first part, and I will need additional bolus.To avoid those Russian mountains, I think it is best to comment with the endocrine or educator/to your meals, being sincere@ about everything you really eat.It helped me a lot to understand how my metabolism works (eye, that of each one can be different in terms of the fast/slow that absorbs certain nutrients) and I have come to control diabetes very well.Inluso I do road cycling without problems, because I have learned how much consumption at an exit and foresee it well.
So for Dani76: it is not true to affirm that it cannot be controlled.There are events that can imbue, but diabetic education about meals and insulin helps prevent and know how to act on each incident that is presented.The really important thing is to make decisions based on information and sensations.But it can be controlled, and in fact in this forum you will find many examples of good controls with glycosylated below 6.5.What I do not advise is to fall into a negative spiral and give us.Not that.Everything we do well, will result in a better quality of life in our old age.

So encourage and improve

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/11/2017 11:55 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.