{'en': "High blood glucose and I don't know why", 'es': 'Glucemia alta y no se porque'} Image

High blood glucose and I don't know why

j0rge81's profile photo   12/05/2017 9:20 p.m.

anabel23 said:
hello, good night, my name is Anabel, 29 years, 11 years with type 1 diabetes. Today I meet a quite desperate episode .. the case sched tonight I went to dinner with dinner withMy partner but I click more insulin than I owed, total that after a while I lowered the sugar and took a considered amount of hydrates in my house to rise again because I was very bad ... and I know that this should not be donebut wait for him to go up and if not eat more but I couldn't help it ...
Total that after the empacho of hydrates I am measuring the sugar from 12 at night that went down to all night ... and it turns out that until 3AM I try to rest but I can not for the palpitations so strong that I haveAnd seeing that after the great supply of hydrates I did not upload me ... and about 3 I find a value of 250 or less which calms me because at least those palpitations I see that they were for that, it took to climb but went up (3 Horas took) ... Well, seeing that figure I inject a couple of units and I return to bed, well, after a while, later I continue with palpitations that do not let me sleep ... I click 3 units more sinceI was still in 200 and peak ... and at the time it turns out that I remain the same ... I click another 4 units almost an hour ago, we are going to total in the whole night I have already supplied 9 units in total, and it already seems to meA savage but still without going down ... It is already clear that I don't sleep tonight ... I don't know if waiting to see if you go down once or keep putting insulin ... or how to do to get faster ... I'mdesperate already.

Thank you for reading me ...

To control hypoglycemic episodes, better take glucose gel type "diabalance" found and buy in pharmacies.It contains 15gr of rapid HC, and avoids the rebound effect.It is not good to take cakes or so, since its fatty content will challenge its absorption.Gel is the fastest (cyclists use it and is immediate !!).Apply rule 15-15: 15 gr of HC (1.5 rations) and at 15 minutes, look again to see that it already goes up.But without passing.The rebound episode can be related to the quality of the HC that you ingested to raise it, which makes it be a lot of absolute.The glucose gel is better even than an apple and I strongly recommend it.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/11/2017 11:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Totally agree with @"mloureiro".The most important thing is to know each other, even if we have hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia.It is the only way to eat what one wants and fancy, within a control, of course.

Pizza, paella or pasta requires double dose of insulin.One before eating and another at 2:30-3 hours that is when the rapid effect ends.They are slow absorption meals and last many more hours in the body than the 3 hours of the rapid .... so it is time to replace insulin.I have already taken some scare to get a lot at the beginning and then a beautiful 280 at 3 hours.Now the bolus, 3-2, or 4-3 according to what they eat.Thanks to free freestyle I can see when the glucose begins to rise again and then put the complementary dose.
I was wrong many times before until you have a good control ... although there are meals that there is no form ... like pizza.I don't try the rice if I don't go to Valencia, once a year ... It is a lot of insulin effort.The last time instead of 2 bowling, it was 3 .... don't compensate for me ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/11/2017 2:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Mloureiro who expresses me badly or I didn't know how to convey what I live in my short experience.Of course it is possible to carry good control of diabetes, which seems different to control, since it leads to ftustration, many times we find the responses to the ups and downs and many times not.To this I mean that you cannot have absolute control,

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
12/12/2017 5:12 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.