{'en': "They are going to put the insulin pump and I'm that I don't know what to do", 'es': 'Me van a poner la bomba de insulina y estoy que no se que hacer'} Image

They are going to put the insulin pump and I'm that I don't know what to do

paquimacias's profile photo   10/26/2017 8:16 a.m.

Good @sllf, I also have the 640, I have not tried to take proteins and fats into account, but I would like to try and talk to people who are already doing it.
The concept of fat-protein unit (UGP) is the amount of food equivalent to 100 kilocalories (kcal), so I understand that divided by 100, but if you read the article also speaks of 150 to avoid hypoglycemia, dividing by 150 you will leave lessUGP, what I am not sure is to apply the ratio, I understand that they are units that must be added but I do not know.We will have to try, in my case I will use 150 when I start trying.
Greetings

Fco_Javier_8888's profile photo
Fco_Javier_8888
11/01/2017 9:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@sllf, I understand that to the total sum of ractions you apply the ratio, I thought that only the ratio would be applicable to the HC, I sign it, I have also downloaded the application that @jconegar comments, thank you.

Pd I changed the configuration for the ratio to be calculated by G of HC instead of rations.

Greetings

Fco_Javier_8888
11/01/2017 9:50 a.m.

fco_javier_888 said:
@sllf, I understand that the total sum apply the ratio, I thought that only the ratio would be applicable to the HC, I sign it, I also have downloaded the application the applicationwhat @jconegar comments, thanks.

Pd I changed the configuration for the ratio to be calculated by G of HC instead of rations.

Greetings

Exactly @"fco_javier_8888" I only refer to fats and proteins, carbohydrates follow their normal course on the other hand.And, as you say, when I have the sum of insulin units that come out both for the calculation of fats and protein, I multiply it by my ratio (I use portions).
On the other hand, both @"jconegar" and @"fco_javier_8888", could you tell me what app you will not know what it is?
Thanks to both !!!!

sllf's profile photo
sllf
11/01/2017 10:02 a.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

fco_javier_888 said:
@sllf, I understand that the total sum apply the ratio, I thought that only the ratio would be applicable to the HC, I sign it, I also have downloaded the application the applicationwhat @jconegar comments, thanks.

Greetings

Exactly @"fco_javier_8888" I only refer to fats and proteins, carbohydrates follow their normal course on the other hand.And, as you say, when I have the sum of insulin units that come out both for the calculation of fats and protein, I multiply it by my ratio (I use portions).
On the other hand, both @"jconegar" and @"fco_javier_8888", could you tell me what app you will not know what it is?
Thanks to both !!!!

sllf's profile photo
sllf
11/01/2017 10:03 a.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!

As I have been able to verify with the application that @jconegar comments, the application is in the Android Play Store, if you put dual bolus comes the first, the calculation does so considering that the fat-protein unit (UGP) is the amount of foodEquivalent to 150 kilocalories, with the application you will save you with the calculator in hand, they could already integrate this calculation the bombs in their Bolus calculator, they call it as they call it.

Fco_Javier_8888
11/01/2017 10:13 a.m.

fco_javier_8888 said:
as I have been able to verify with the application that @jconegar comments, the application is in the Android play store, if you put the first bolus, the calculation is done by considering that considering thatThe fat-protein unit (UGP) is the amount of food equivalent to 150 kilocalories, with the application you will save being with the calculator in hand, they could already integrate this calculation also the pumps in their Bolus calculator, call it as they call it.

Thank you very much @"fco_javier_8888" !!!!already the HR downloaded !!!The 150 kilocalories instead of 100 I do not know to what extent it will be better or worse since I did not have been using 100 kilocalories for so long, we will have to see how it.What I have now caught totally is something that I think is from the 1st of the bomb: I have the doubt of the difference between dual and square.In this app tells you about the initial and square percentage.What I understood is that in the dual bolus the first percentage was supplied at the time and the second percentage was supplied to give birth of the time you put, that is, if you put 2 hours, the second percentage (for example of 2 unitsof insulin) was supplied when those 2 hours had passed.Now, if what you put is a square bolus of 2 units in 2 hours, I believed that during those 2 hours those 2 units were supplied.Am I wrong?Or not?Thank you!!

sllf's profile photo
sllf
11/01/2017 4:16 p.m.

The dual, integrates one normal and another square.For example, if you put a dual 33% instantaneous and 66%, if they were a total of 3uds, 1 passes immediately and the other two the time you program it.Yes, for example, you put it at 2:00 p.m. and the square you put in 30 min, which is the min, at 14:30 you will have the 3 units.I do that with the rice or paella that I saw that I went down a lot at first and then climbed and kept high for a long time.

Fco_Javier_8888
11/01/2017 4:25 p.m.

fco_javier_8888 said:
the dual, integrates one normal and a square.For example, if you put a dual 33% instantaneous and 66%, if they were a total of 3uds, 1 passes immediately and the other two the time you program it.Yes, for example, you put it at 2:00 p.m. and the square you put in 30 min, which is the min, at 14:30 you will have the 3 units.I do that with the rice or paella that I saw that I went down a lot suddenly at the beginning and then climbed and kept high for a long time.
JODER @"FCO_JAVIER_8888" !!!!!!Well, you will have realized that I have a concept failure from the first day they put my bomb !!!What a fabric !!!So the app that you have told me is super useful.It is only to put the result to the wizar bolus and administer it dual the time it tells you.Ideally, be able to modify the 150 kilocalories per 100 or another that may come out.We will try then.Ahhh !!!I imagine that you will know it, but I use to know the data of carbohydrates, fats and proteins of the meals, the APP Foodmeter, but the payment that gives you all of meals (I do not remember what it cost me, but littleAnd it is worth it) and it is super useful since in addition to giving you the weight in grams, you can get an idea seeing it visually on a dish.
Greetings and infinite thanks !!!!

sllf's profile photo
sllf
11/01/2017 5:16 p.m.

@sllf if I use it and Myfitnesspal, where there are thousands of food, can scan bar codes.

Fco_Javier_8888
11/01/2017 8:28 p.m.

Joseludi said:
paquimacias said:

To shower, small turn and take off your bomb.To sleep I have a spibelt and now I am trying with Flipbelt.You can also take her loose on the bed, that you will see Lcomo you are more comfortable.

I bought some covers to wear tickets during the trips, which have a suitable bag for bills, where the pump can be perfectly, and an adjustable elastic around the waist.Ideal for bed.Something like that (in the Chinese, Super Cheap):

Link

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/05/2017 10:49 a.m.

Hello, everyone!
I would need a little advice on the pump dilemma Si/no.I debuted in Italy in 2003 with 16 years and I live in Madrid since 2011. I have generally good control, last glycosilada 6.5 but I do not deny having much more high than I would like.For years my endocrine here in Spain Pussy who followed me in Italy have tried to convince me to try the bomb and I have always refused flatly.I with my Tresiba and Fiasp so happy.As late at the beginning of next year I would like to start planning my first pregnancy and the endocrine already warned me that in that case it will touch me if or if.Between that I am of letters and counting rations I have always been regulated, that with the eyelet I have always managed, and that the bomb seems to me a tremendous bass ... I would love to continue refusing.I look for photos and I only see people who carry it with jeans and belt.And the day I want to put a dress or a skirt, what often happens?Or meshes?And for showering?And sleep ??And throw a kiki?I would come from pearls to avoid tomorrow's hypos when I stay sleeping a little more but ... is it really the penalty?Any help will be more than welcome, thanks in advance of all pancreas.

GiuGiav's profile photo
GiuGiav
06/24/2019 12:50 p.m.

@Giugiav you have reminded me of me when I was going to put the bomb hahaha.I also looked for photos online like crazy to see where I was going to put this armatos of hell, I had a thousand ideas and in the end I always do the same, I bought myself sportsmen of the sporting type or without hoops that have the central part more or less wide and thereI keep it.I usually make a "little hog" inside to put the bomb and do not get out when I agach.For me it is the most comfortable in the world, then there are belts, leagues and all kinds of accessories, I really have ended up adapting.

To sleep the same, there are a thousand things but that is to try and try until you find the system that you like the most, now I sleep with breastfeedChild sock) with a string and hanging around my neck, as if I move, I don't nail it anywhere.
To shower, the pool and the kiki disconnect it and when I finish it I put it on, in the shower it takes 10 min there is no problem, if you are going to spend a long time without it because when you put it again you put the basal of that time, always without exceeding 3h without bomb.

On the other hand, I think that to maintain hemoglobin well, a continuous meter is much more effective than an insulin pump .... This is worth more to adjust the basal and solve phenomena such as alba and things like this ...Of course in pregnancy she will thank her very much.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
06/26/2019 2:07 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Right now the theme of bombs is a bit "meh" in my opinion.I (well, for my girlfriend) I will wait for the new generation of bombs that are coming.The Open Source community has already managed to make the GCM (Dexcom or Libre + Miaomiao) communicate with the pump to be able to keep you in a range of 80% of the time.If the glucose raises you because you have eaten a cookie and you have not noticed, xDrip (or spike) I will tell the bomb that it puts some insulin, you can even mislead you one day and not tell carbos or tell him that he puts aBolo, and it does it for you (with better or worse precision, of course).Getting this today is angry, but the new generation of commercial bombs will allow (and technically include sensor) managing things a little more automatically.

Not counting that in the future, if they take out the multi-formonal pumps, they would technically be able to correct you a hypoglycemia automatically.

For more info, look at the Openops project and the "CLOSED LOOP" system

All this does not mean that using pumps is more comfortable than the MDI.

Foxandxss's profile photo
Foxandxss
06/27/2019 6:24 p.m.

Hello, years ago I had an endocrine that pressed me until I could not put it on. I never wanted her because with the pen I was doing well.However, I went to the pump formation and they told me what I thought the bomb does not make you even better or worse because (at least before) it is not autonomous.You give them orders just like when you click, the only thing you save is the puncture.My advice is that if you doubt, you try it but that if you do not feel like carrying a apparatus punctured to your body do not do it.I have good control and I never put it on.For example, the freestylelibre patch did put it because for me the benefit of having it is much greater than the inconvenience but the bomb did not see or not knew to see that benefit.

Vir's profile photo
Vir
06/30/2019 10:42 a.m.

@Fer, thanks for creating and maintaining this forum.To make a decision you have to know different opinions about things.Well, on the pump, I think is the bomb!I am doing very well.I would not return to conventional or crazy therapy.And if you can associate it with continuous glucose meter (Medtronic Case), that is quality of life.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/04/2019 4:30 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Well, I'm looking forward to me.I have several tasks in my work and different insulin needs throughout the day that with the feathers I cannot cover them all (especially at night).26 years with diabetes and the time has come to go to the bombs.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
07/04/2019 5:28 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

We had the same doubts when they were going to put it on my son, because 1 year later I do not want to hear about the feathers.He carries it as a kind of elastic fiery at the waist and is 3 years old, which entails running, stir on the floor, etc.And he has never complained or said that it bothers him and the quality of life he earns is incredible.I do advise it

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
07/06/2019 2:03 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

I am Type 1 diabetics for 23 years, I hear a lot about insulin bombs, but I also hear that not in all communities you can choose them, I am from Galicia, from Lugo in a Concento, do you know if they can be asked here?

111111111111's profile photo
04/22/2020 11:52 a.m.

In Galicia (Lugo) they do put insulin bombs;Another thing is if you meet the requirements and if your endocrin@ / Team of Diabetes, you are willing to help you (let's be for the work).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/22/2020 12:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.