{'en': "They are going to put the insulin pump and I'm that I don't know what to do", 'es': 'Me van a poner la bomba de insulina y estoy que no se que hacer'} Image

They are going to put the insulin pump and I'm that I don't know what to do

paquimacias's profile photo   10/26/2017 8:16 a.m.

Hello,

Good to see if you can help me, the endocrine of putting on the insulin bomb I have no idea I have never counted hydrates or rations or nothing I do not know if this is paid by social security I do not know how the one has done to meSaid to try it but I am quite scared and I do not get the idea of ​​taking a machine with a catheter ... pffff ... can you help me?

Count experiences and advise me a little?

Please.

paquimacias's profile photo
paquimacias
10/26/2017 8:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

First of all comment that with bomb the control can be very good.
I don't think they are able to put on a bomb without giving you training.
They have to teach you to count rations and others, I see more problem and I tell you very seriously the lack of training than to carry a machine.
Particularly I would not let the pump put me without receiving courses where they inform me and teach me to control basal, count rations and other problems that can be taken to carry a bomb.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/26/2017 9:52 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I have been with a bomb since June and the truth is that I do not return to the feathers or crazy.For my maa -top bomb!

The pump is paid by social security and surely they give you training classes in what they first teach you is the hydrates count.Without knowing that they would not put the pump, in addition to the issue of hydrates, you have a pen or have a pump.The main question that we all have when we are going to put the bomb is that we are going to have something connected and hinder us but you soon do to it and how to disconnect the pump is to make a simple turn in the catheter and take it away does not represent any problem.

I have compared the use of feathers and bomb to wear a car.If you use the pen you can only throw gas, start and stop a bit with hydrates and accelerate with punctures ... and little else.With the pump you can stop, accelerate, change march, etc.All this with a wonderful thing that are the basal adjusted to schedules and especially the temporal basals that allow you to reduce or increase insulin supply depending on the situation.

I encourage you to put it on and not be afraid

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/26/2017 10:02 a.m.

Joseludi said:
I have been with a bomb since June and the truth is that I do not return to the feathers or crazy.For my maa -top bomb!

The pump is paid by social security and surely they give you training classes in what they first teach you is the hydrates count.Without knowing that they would not put the pump, in addition to the issue of hydrates, you have a pen or have a pump.The main question that we all have when we are going to put the bomb is that we are going to have something connected and hinder us but you soon do to it and how to disconnect the pump is to make a simple turn in the catheter and take it away does not represent any problem.

I have compared the use of feathers and bomb to wear a car.If you use the pen you can only throw gas, start and stop a bit with hydrates and accelerate with punctures ... and little else.With the pump you can stop, accelerate, change march, etc.All this with a wonderful thing that are the basal adjusted to schedules and especially the temporal basals that allow you to reduce or increase insulin supply depending on the situation.

How I'm glad to hear you talk like this !!!!!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/26/2017 10:32 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

I am very scared state seeing different cases and to shower?And sleep?And in summer?I also told me to the bombs do not tell you how the sugar is going to have to continue paying the free freestyle I and I have seen x internet k some if they are already eSk I am totally lost

paquimacias
10/26/2017 10:38 a.m.

@"Paquimacias" Where are you from?The normal thing is that before putting the pump they teach you to count the hydrates by rations, here in Madrid for example it is something essential for you to put it on.I recommend that you go to your educator and expose all these doubts.

All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/26/2017 11:20 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

paquimacias said:
I am very inassed state seeing different cases and to shower?And sleep?And in summer?I also told me to the bombs do not tell you how the sugar is going to have to continue paying the free freestyle I and I have seen x internet k some if I Yevan already esk I am totally lost

To shower, small turn and take off your bomb.To sleep I have a spibelt and now I am trying with Flipbelt.You can also take her loose on the bed, that you will see Lcomo you are more comfortable.

As for the free, I do not know where you will be but I think that in Euskadi it was already paid by Social Security and in Castilla La Mancha they have approved or plan to approve it

In summer there are people who return to the feathers although I prefer to continue with a bomb.The 640g is submersible and you can also buy belts and there are many accessories to carry it.It is a matter of looking for what personally best suits.Do not overwhelm that you will see that it is an increase in the quality of life

DiabetesForo
10/26/2017 11:34 a.m.

jconegar said:
Joseludi said:

How I'm glad to hear you talk like this !!!!!!!

If @jconegar seems to lie that a little little hole will spend more time than anyone no matter how close

DiabetesForo
10/26/2017 11:37 a.m.

My son will also request a bomb because they believe that he can be a good candidate for his age and because they see us, the parents, trained.But my question is, with 2 years that my son is advisable to take it?You are going to play, run, batter on the floor.I don't know if it would be the best option.What do you think

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
10/26/2017 11:47 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

That @"Joseludi" !!!
How are you carrying the sport ..?Can you run 3 or 4 hours without gels ..?;)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/26/2017 12:37 p.m.

I had 10 days with the Roche bomb, the first two days had her hooked on the bra, now I prefer to take her in the pants belt or in her pocket.I was afraid, I have spent the first week a little bad because I was a rookie and it happened to me a little, because they put me a standard basal and I had 11 descents in 7 days, since I have gone to the revision, they have adapted everything moreThe basal and ratios, and say that very well.That I do not return to the feathers or crazy, I only find out about the pump when I have a change of cartridge (which is pre -crowd) that does not reach 10 minutes the change, and when I disconnect it for the shower.To sleep and in general the day at work etc is very comfortable.

aidars18's profile photo
aidars18
10/26/2017 12:53 p.m.

I am from Córdoba here they still do not cover the sensors and x that either I eitherx the noxe pfff and if it gives me another hypoglycemia?Esk In March I was in the UVI again 3 days x a hypoglycemia and asin year toa these "educators" aki or do not kier work or I am the most clumsy or something happens I do not do more to do it and go going to him and he is going the day

paquimacias
10/26/2017 1:03 p.m.

sigsauer said:
that @"Joseludi" !!!
How are you carrying the sport ..?Can you run 3 or 4 hours without gels ..?;)

I'm still trying to take the point.It is about playing with the temporary basal in terms of reduction and time before exercise.
In addition to also having to take hydrates. What happens is that I have avoided taking many gels although Auin I have not reached perfection. The month that I have begun with the Enlite because the doctor preferred that he did the bomb first.I suppose that with the smartguard system I improve the controls more

DiabetesForo
10/26/2017 1:40 p.m.

Hello, I think that of walking with something connected or connected is somewhat annoying, because I will tell you the experience from the point of view and mother: my son debuted 2 years ago, from his diagnosis he spent 6 months with a pen and then the pump thanks toGod, the first 6 months were hard after the change of life had to be corrected at meals + basal at night was all strict control of an 11 -year -old boy, meal control and quantities, we could not go for a walk without a kit,Then the bomb I think that my son from its placement was made one more rib in his body, I do not see discomfort when sleeping or playing even in the pool, the placement of insulin every 3 days is a relief, a worry less of being loading everyonesides the refrigerator and then only amounts of carbohydrates are placed that if they use a cellyour organism) my son if for the reason he wants to sleep more on Sunday he can do it as long as he knows his glucose on an empA dessert to your choice but this always aware that the bomb is not that you return the function of Pangreas because if you abuse the organisms it reacts the next day with unexpected highEl Salvador, I have a circle of children friends with type 1 diabetes and they do not use it because there are not many resources, even in public hospitals the syringe is used, it is very unfortunate because if everyone could acquire one of these devices we could improve so muchHis life as his state of health.
Initially, I spend many cannulas for placement errors, then as all you become an expert, this is an adaptation that has been learning for a few months or years and we are still learning
a hug;)

9406 's profile photo
10/27/2017 7:42 p.m.

Hi @paquimacias !!!countryman!I have been on May-June for this year and, today, after approximately almost 5 months, I began to rejoice and take my pulse.I carry the Enlite (MCG sensor) from the first day, despite the ruin, but for me I think that with the sensor it is what the pump is most worth it.Without a sensor, I think the only thing that has is the advantage of avoiding punctures, but with the sensor you advance countless steps in the control of your diabetes.But be patient because the beginning is complicated, at least for me, that has happened to me.Lack of adhesion, bend catheter and sensor and, to finish, breakage of the pump itself (the one I have now is the second).I have made me want to crash it, throw it out the window, I have screwed up in everything and about to leave.But today, after 5 months, I am with @"Joseludi", do not change it!I always carry a sports belt with which I also sleep and, yes at first it is a hindrance, but you get used to and to sleep it does not bother you, it is a matter of getting used to it.Shower?What they have told you, disconnect and period (it is one of the few moments where you feel free again).The summer?Well, in reality, with the 640g that you can wet it, you are even freer than with the feathers to be able to put bowling at any time.
The worst thing is to do everything!Now the catheter changes and sensors do them much more and no longer hurt my head, which has cost me, but everything happens.
The hydrates and portions have already told you, but you will take it without problems.
I now try to dominate is also the influence of fats and proteins in glucose, because with hydrates it is only not possible to control blood glucose.
But quiet, little by little, because you will be glad in the end like everyone else.Fear and impatience are not good travel companions to live with the bomb.Greetings!!

sllf's profile photo
sllf
10/29/2017 8:28 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

sllf said:
hello @paquimacias !!!countryman!I have been on May-June for this year and, today, after approximately almost 5 months, I began to rejoice and take my pulse.I carry the Enlite (MCG sensor) from the first day, despite the ruin, but for me I think that with the sensor it is what the pump is most worth it.Without a sensor, I think the only thing that has is the advantage of avoiding punctures, but with the sensor you advance countless steps in the control of your diabetes.But be patient because the beginning is complicated, at least for me, that has happened to me.Lack of adhesion, bend catheter and sensor and, to finish, breakage of the pump itself (the one I have now is the second).I have made me want to crash it, throw it out the window, I have screwed up in everything and about to leave.But today, after 5 months, I am with @"Joseludi", do not change it!I always carry a sports belt with which I also sleep and, yes at first it is a hindrance, but you get used to and to sleep it does not bother you, it is a matter of getting used to it.Shower?What they have told you, disconnect and period (it is one of the few moments where you feel free again).The summer?Well, in reality, with the 640g that you can wet it, you are even freer than with the feathers to be able to put bowling at any time.
The worst thing is to do everything!Now the catheter changes and sensors do them much more and no longer hurt my head, which has cost me, but everything happens.
The hydrates and portions have already told you, but you will take it without problems.
I now try to dominate is also the influence of fats and proteins in glucose, because with hydrates it is only not possible to control blood glucose.
But quiet, little by little, because you will be glad in the end like everyone else.Fear and impatience are not good travel companions to live with the bomb.Greetings!!

Good how I read that you are with the issue of how fats influences and the protest spends a link in case you don't have it ,,

Link

Greetings

Fco_Javier_8888's profile photo
Fco_Javier_8888
10/31/2017 2:48 p.m.

Link

Fco_Javier_8888
10/31/2017 2:52 p.m.

Link

Fco_Javier_8888
10/31/2017 2:53 p.m.

fco_javier_888 said:
sllf said:
hello @paquimacias !!!countryman!I have been on May-June for this year and, today, after approximately almost 5 months, I began to rejoice and take my pulse.I carry the Enlite (MCG sensor) from the first day, despite the ruin, but for me I think that with the sensor it is what the pump is most worth it.Without a sensor, I think the only thing that has is the advantage of avoiding punctures, but with the sensor you advance countless steps in the control of your diabetes.But be patient because the beginning is complicated, at least for me, that has happened to me.Lack of adhesion, bend catheter and sensor and, to finish, breakage of the pump itself (the one I have now is the second).I have made me want to crash it, throw it out the window, I have screwed up in everything and about to leave.But today, after 5 months, I am with @"Joseludi", do not change it!I always carry a sports belt with which I also sleep and, yes at first it is a hindrance, but you get used to and to sleep it does not bother you, it is a matter of getting used to it.Shower?What they have told you, disconnect and period (it is one of the few moments where you feel free again).The summer?Well, in reality, with the 640g that you can wet it, you are even freer than with the feathers to be able to put bowling at any time.

Good how I read that you are with the issue of how fats influences and the protest spends a link in case you don't have it ,,

Link

Greetings

Thank you very much @"fco_javier_8888" !!!In fact it is the method I am using.To summarize it: Fats × 9 ÷ 100 and proteins × 4 ÷ 100;Sumo the two results and multiply by my ratio.What I don't know if I do well is how long to put it.What I do is put square bolus (my bomb is 640g) and time distributed it like this: the first insulin unit at 3 hours, the next 4 hours and so on.That is, if the result gave me 3.50 ud of insulin, it would be a square bolus in 5 hours and 30 minutes.Would it be so?Do you do it like that too?The problem I have encountered is that if the result gave me 7 insulin units or more (yes, I know that there is a lotYou can put more than 8 hours.
Sorry for everyone for the offtopic, but I think it can be interesting.

sllf's profile photo
sllf
10/31/2017 7:24 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

There is an Android application called Dual Bolus, it indicates how to put the square bowling, time and percentage.
It is an app that we have tried several people with a bomb and the data indicated are usually valid, and I say usually, because in this world we are not equal.
I advise you to download it

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/31/2017 11:38 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.