{'en': "I can't go down 300 on average.", 'es': 'No puedo bajar de 300 de media.'} Image

I can't go down 300 on average.

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/12/2018 12:14 p.m.

Good, I'm 70 years old.

I medical correctly, I take the diet to Rajataba and still there is no way to lower 300 points on average.

I have gone to endocrine, changed insulin, diets and with none of those things I have been able to lower those levels.

Has anyone else happened?What steps do you recommend taking me?

It reaches a point that despairs.

Thank you!.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/12/2018 12:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Type of diabetes?Insulin ... etc.
To put a hand you have to tell us more things ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/12/2018 12:16 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Type 2 diabetes. Fast insulin Humalog 3ml.and the slow 3ML Levemir.THANK YOU

DiabetesForo
01/12/2018 12:17 p.m.

Hi Yagoba.Welcome.
I understand you perfectly when you say that these climbs get to despair.It has happened to me on certain occasions and they are very stressful moments.
Right now what it occurs to me is that you are cutting off and give you those hyperglycemia.Is there any moment of the day you are at normal levels?If after putting it the levels they are better and then rises without control, it could be for that, although the endocrine would have already seen you, I suppose.When I was levere, I had to leave the dose in two because I did not cover my full day and it came up when the effect was happening.
Courage and you'll see how it is solved.:

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
01/12/2018 1:27 p.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

It is desperate.It also happens to me.

Do you have your glycemia data before eating and postprandial (2 hours after eating)?
I use Levemir in 2 doses: 10ud at night and 2 ud in mid -morning reinforcement.With that I get stable glycemia between meals.
You may have to upload 2 units what you use now, for 3 days (but it is not possible to assess the effect) and see if you go down 300 ... and so little by little until you give with the dose.
The endocrine give us these guidelines and analyze what we tell them.In the end you are the manager of your diabetes and the one who performs the tests.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/12/2018 5:03 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

alb85 said:
Hi Yagoba.Welcome.
I understand you perfectly when you say that these climbs get to despair.It has happened to me on certain occasions and they are very stressful moments.
Right now what it occurs to me is that you are cutting off and give you those hyperglycemia.Is there any moment of the day you are at normal levels?If after putting it the levels they are better and then rises without control, it could be for that, although the endocrine would have already seen you, I suppose.When I was levere, I had to leave the dose in two because I did not cover my full day and it came up when the effect was happening.
Courage and you'll see how it is solved.: ...

DiabetesForo
01/12/2018 5:34 p.m.

Hello Alb 85, thanks for your comments of help, they are very good and hopeful, but the problem is that the endocrine gives me time of six to eight months, I already had a little before parties and they send me a message at all more months, total that on the 26th it is supposed to have an appointment, but I am not sure, I talk to you about the Santa Tecla de Tarragona hospital, it is good but they do not have beds or for emergency patients, who have them on stretchers and in chairWheels in the halls is chaos, some 5 hours and another 10 hours waiting, so I do not see myself on the 26th, because they are collapsed by all four sides, I will only tell you even if it comes out of the diabetes but for you to know how we are inTarragona, they operated on October 29, 2015, knee prostateWith very good words they sent me to take the fresco to the tip of the lighthouse. What do you think?
I think it's bad to be with health problems, but more to have to go to S.S doctors
They cannot with everything they lack doctors nurses etc etc
Forgive me for writing to you from the diabetes, but it is that in a direct or indirect way everything harms us
A cordial greeting

DiabetesForo
01/12/2018 5:51 p.m.

I have also had to divide the Levemir in 2 times because I did not cover the whole day, now we put 3 units in the morning and 2 at night.Maybe you have the problem there

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
01/12/2018 10:20 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

dalu said:
I have also had to divide the legisir in 2 times because I did not cover the whole day, now we put 3 you in the morning and 2 at night.Maybe you have the problem there

Well, if I'm going to dose less to see what happens
Thank you
Greetings

DiabetesForo
01/14/2018 12:18 a.m.

I thought the tagatosa was known here, and it turns out that you are more aware than me, ejjej

DiabetesForo
01/14/2018 12:21 a.m.

Hello friends and friends, every day I handle a little more, but I beg you to forgive my failures, because I am quite hard to learn, it will be age, well I go to the grain before all thanks to all those who gave me advice that are very muchWell, for example, to split the Levemir twice, in the morning I slow with 145 a figure that I never had it, and the Humalog remains the same, if I am high that it is always thirty points in lunch and others to food and others30 At dinner plus the Levemir, if it were alcohol, he would be hebrio.
In the morning I asked the GP.I ask and another if it is a device that works well, because the price is quite high, and I want to make sure before
I am super interested in having your news, thank you very much and a hug
Santiago

DiabetesForo
01/15/2018 5:44 p.m.

Link

There are several threads talking about the Dexcom G5 about prices and everything a bit.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/15/2018 6:08 p.m.

@"Yagoba" I'm glad that the basal has improved so much, now meals.If after 3 hours the glycemia will upload you should get faster.Watch the type of food you eat to see if they are slow or fast.If you eat fat that shields the effect of insulin.It is a scroll but to be controlling.

Regarding Dexcom there is a specific post (link that has happened to you).It is expensive but it is the best system as they comment.I do not use it.I decided on a cheaper one (FreeLink) that sometimes gives surprises, but in general my balance is positive for glycemia control.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/15/2018 8:47 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi Yagoba!As the partners say there are threads of the Dexcom G5, you can read and write your doubts!My son two months ago is using it and the balance is very positive!They helped me from the forum to install it and especially gala that was my head guide!If you can have it, go ahead!Change the look of treatment in many aspects !!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
01/15/2018 10:28 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

@"Yagoba" Dexcom is a very good system, but I recommend free freestyle.Freestyle sensors do not require any hair calibration in 14 days, their application is very easy and the measures they give are very precise, nailed to the capillary.I have tried the two systems and I was clearly with the freestyle, which is the one I use now ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/15/2018 10:58 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
@"yagoba" Dexcom is a very good system, but I recommend free freestyle.Freestyle sensors do not require any hair calibration in 14 days, their application is very easy and the measures they give are very precise, nailed to the capillary.I have tried the two systems and I was clearly with the freestyle, which is the one I use now ...

jpr said:
@"yagoba" Dexcom is a very good system, but I recommend free freestyle.Freestyle sensors do not require any hair calibration in 14 days, their application is very easy and the measures they give are very precise, nailed to the capillary.I have tried the two systems and I was clearly with the freestyle, which is the one I use now ...

jpr said:

Hi JPR, grateful for your help, because the truth is that I am more lost than an elephant in a garage, I am type 2, I am compatible with your device, you know the g5 for the little that I seemed very good, but there areTo look at the simplest and look at so good prices, I am happy that you are helping otherwise I will leave it with the device.
When I say the simplest I mean simple driving
Someone told me in the forum, you were still you, I don't know what causes the lantus la mitat in the morning the other half in mid -morning and at night the same, since I take 44 lantus in the morning and 48 lantus by theNight, total that I wake up at 4 or 5 in the morning for the other half, and I lowered me a lot in the morning, but no day is the same.
A cordial greeting for all and an hug for you
Santiago

DiabetesForo
01/16/2018 3:11 p.m.

Freestyle is very simple in its handling.You put it on the back of the arm with an applicator and last 14 days.You do not have to calibrate with hair glycemia and its measurements are very accurate and stable.I will attach a few of my latest measures, capillary comparison and freestyle.

Regarding Dexcom G5, I used it for two months and I cannot say that this bad, quite the opposite;It is a very good system, but its insertion is more complicated, it demands capillary calibration every 12 hours and, be careful, if you calibrate in periods in which your blood glucose is not stable, you load the sensor ...

Without a doubt, my advice is that you put the freestyle.I spend some photos of you so you can see how precise it is, they are from yesterday's food, yesterday's snack and today's breakfast.I do only a pair capillaries a day for also having that data, the rest of the day I make decisions with the sensor measures ...

@yagoba

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/16/2018 3:27 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Yagoba My son has the Dexcom G5 and since we do not have the telephones of the List of Dexcom, it was complex to perform the installation, but if you have a cell phone that Dexcom indicates it will be easier.In everyday management, you must carry with you a cell phone or receiver and that you carry out to other cell phones that you register or simply see on your cell phone every five minutes your glucose levels, also have alarms that you put the value that best suitsTo you, arrows that indicate trends ... TWO A day you have to calibrate it, it means that you must make capillary medication and put it on your cell phone.Each one has their own experience.
Ask in the dexcom thread we don't mix the issues!And consult what you want

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
01/16/2018 5:35 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

jpr said:
freestyle is very simple in handling.You put it on the back of the arm with an applicator and last 14 days.You do not have to calibrate with hair glycemia and its measurements are very accurate and stable.I will attach a few of my latest measures, capillary comparison and freestyle.

Regarding Dexcom G5, I used it for two months and I cannot say that this bad, quite the opposite;It is a very good system, but its insertion is more complicated, it demands capillary calibration every 12 hours and, be careful, if you calibrate in periods in which your blood glucose is not stable, you load the sensor ...

Without a doubt, my advice is that you put the freestyle.I spend some photos of you so you can see how precise it is, they are from yesterday's food, yesterday's snack and today's breakfast.I do only a pair capillaries a day for also having that data, the rest of the day I make decisions with the sensor measures ...

@yagoba

jpr said:
freestyle is very simple in handling.You put it on the back of the arm with an applicator and last 14 days.You do not have to calibrate with hair glycemia and its measurements are very accurate and stable.I will attach a few of my latest measures, capillary comparison and freestyle.

@yagoba

jpr said:

@yagoba

Hello good afternoon J p r, but if you are a baby in the morning 381, mid -morning 226, before eating293, without taking anything at all, well if a coffee with oatmeal milk and two biscots, which seems to you, ewtoy fatal andThe most feliç endocrine than an anis
Mastarde or better night I am writing to you more
Greetings+

DiabetesForo
01/16/2018 5:44 p.m.

@"Yagoba" with that data you need more insulin.
I use freestyle for price and comfort.A year you get out of 1635eur, I read it with the mobile (which has to have NFC but now everyone has) and with the glucometer they provide you.Since I used it, I have lowered my blood glucose.He has no warnings like the Dexcom but it is comfortable to pass the mobile through the arm or where the sensor is and read the measure.
I capillary before each meal to see how I go and calculate the insulin, but if the sensor measures correctly (sometimes a little diverted is going) or that.There are applications for the mobile (outside the brand) that read the sensor and calibrate with the capillary data that you take.So you can achieve very reliable data and save pichazos in addition to good control.

I have looked at the Dexcom these days, to try, but the price shoots.It is surely great but economically it is difficult to assume.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/17/2018 8:39 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.