I am a diabetics couple

UNAI 's profile photo   11/30/2017 10:14 a.m.

Hello people!
I have entered here in search of support and advice.My girlfriend is diabetic.He is only 30 years old and is diabetic since he was 24 years old or there.When I met her I already had the disease and I did not know that it was really diabetes.When we met she took pills, nothing had to click.And that gave me peace of mind.Because she told me that it was just taking some pills and that nothing else happened.But after a couple of years they put insulin to prick.The pills stopped doing their effect.She is type 1 diabetics.
Total that so far everything is fine.From time to time he gave him a low water, water with sugar was knocked down and like new.But at the beginning of the year we had a child.And I don't know if at that root, the hormones, the loose body ... One night while we slept, I woke up from a scare because I saw it weird.I turned on the light and I saw how she was convulsing.With the face disheveled and the eyes blank.It was the scare of my life.I fell to the ambulance and when they came, I had 29 sugar.They told us that it was a barbarity that was about to be in a coma.After a while he came back but still delighted a lot.I did not know Dobde was, who we were. ,, It was all very strong.
I spend fatal.DAYS AFTER I was sleepless nights, looking at her in case the same thing happened again.I had a terrible fear to happen again.I was thinking of leaving her.Because I didn't want to be a lifetime with a person who can spend that again and I am alone in front of that problem.
So the convincing next to the enandocrine that every night before bedtime the sugar was measured.This is supposed to avoid nightlife,
Total that I lying to talk ... resuming.That I am a couple of a diabetics.And I suffer a lot for her and for the disease.I am afraid of turning the seizures.Or read things on the Internet that in the future could lose a leg or worsen the disease even could kill it.
It is very hard to have diabetes but also have a diabetic partner.I needed to tell it and that's why I'm here.
Thanks for reading and I hope to learn things and receive support

UNAI 's profile photo
UNAI
11/30/2017 10:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Wow, go @"unai", did you think of leaving your wife for being diabetic?And your child too?If you want your wife, work hard and save to pay for a continuous glucose meter.With a meter you can avoid hypoglycemia since alarms notify you of a downward trend of blood glucose and thus be able to correct.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
11/30/2017 11:06 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@"Solaria" can also work hard and save, don't you think?And what I do not understand is that you have to convince her to measure the glucose before sleeping, if she does not leave it, it means that she passes a little of the disease and I would not want to be with such a person either.
If you carry good control they will not have to cut any leg and with so a few years of evolution if you start taking good care, it will lead a normal life.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/30/2017 11:52 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hi @unai:

You can read a lot of information about diabetes in this link:
Link

I inform you that seizures due to hypoglycemia usually occur during the first 5 .. 10 years in the use of exogenous insulin ("punctured" insulin or not produced by the organism of each one)
As you have been advised, you should not leave your partner: she will thank you and you will regret it.MCG with alarms are a great solution for these cases.And while you decide, for the next time it happens to you, if she is awake, give him a glass of water with 15 grams of sugar (two envelopes) and two cookies "Maria", and if he is not awake, get a glucagon recipe, buy it in a pharmacy, guide it in the fridge and in andécta it (same areas of the body that insulin) at that time;After about 15 minutes (when you are already awake), which eats the before (sugar and cookies).
For your information: It is not said that she is type 1 diabetic.The right thing would be to say that she has lada diabetes.Type 1 diabetes and lada diabetes are very similar, but not the same and what you said could cause confusion, although you have understood you without problems.You have explained it very well.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
11/30/2017 11:55 a.m.

First the sugar and then the cookies.If you eat everything together it will take longer to trace hypoglycemia.With 15 grams (1.5 rations) of glucose it should be sufficient to pass 70 mg/dl and be able to drink slow HC (cookies) to keep the glucose in the following hours.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
11/30/2017 11:59 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Leaving my partner and son was something punctual, the result of the fear suffered by that night.
Obviously I will not leave you.Not for that.
Thanks for the information and help.
I think measuring the sugar before going to sleep helps him a lot to prevent nocturnal hypoglycemia.

UNAI 's profile photo
UNAI
11/30/2017 12:05 p.m.

If you lie with a glycemia around 140-150 mg/dl, nothing should happen, as long as it has an adjusted basal and does not produce a very continuous decrease in glucose during the early morning that makes you end up in hypoglycemia.It would be good to draw a profile, also measure it a couple of days in the middle of the morning to see how it goes.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
11/30/2017 12:28 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Thank you!He has no longer had strong hypoglycemia or anything.But well ... we'll see.
What I do give me panic now everything.I hope that over time I will happen

UNAI 's profile photo
UNAI
11/30/2017 12:33 p.m.

@"Unai" Measure the blood glucose before bedtime is one of the "mandatory" measurements that any insulin-dependent person must do.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/30/2017 1 p.m.

@"Unai" I tell you my story to see if it helps you a little.My sister has had diabetes since I was 3 years old, since the 17th I have never had any scare of being unconscious but she does.During adolescence they had to put the glucagon several times and gave him a lot of dirty due to hormonal lack of control.Many times we were alone at home because my parents were working and although they were close who had to react at first it was me and once I controlled the situation a little already called them.The important thing to act in those moments is to be very clear about what to do.If you are very clear even if you are in such a situation that you are afraid you will get to act and save your life.I found my semi -inconscious sister several times while I was alone with her and if I had not known what to do that I was dead.It is a difficult situation that none want to live, but it is important to know how to act and despite the fear you get to manage the situation.If you love that person you do whatever it is because it is fine, you endure your fear and pass the bad times that you need.
Before a descent, if you are able to drink, you have to give something with sugar that goes up quickas cookies or bread when you are able to eat.And if you are not able to eat or you are unconscious you put the glucagon, which one must always have one in the fridge.And if it is necessary after that you call the emergency room but it is very important to act quickly and calmly.
I understand that you are afraid but nobody is free of something one day and the person who is with him/she has to act to save his life.I suppose that leaving it is something you have put without thinking much because it would seem incredible to leave someone you want just because you do not take a scare and more having a child in common, it would seem very cowardly for me on your part and I would provethat you don't really want it.No one is free from one day having a scare regardless of whether it has diabetes or not.
I hope you will not see yourself in such a situation but if it happens again, be clear about what you have to do, keep calm and act.And besides that your girlfriend tries to prevent hypoglycemia with more controls.Before sleeping you always have to look at glucose, being asleep it is more difficult to detect hypoglycemia.If you carry good control, you don't have any problem in the future.There are people with diabetes who live more and with less health problems than others who do not have it.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/30/2017 1:20 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thanks for the information.
But I repeat;Leaving her and the son was something punctual for the panic and to see at the beginning that she did not give him importing to remain unconscious and how he did not understand me.What I suffered.She didn't even notice

UNAI 's profile photo
UNAI
11/30/2017 1:26 p.m.

My advice is that the most of the disease reports.The first person who has to take care of her is her and then she.If she does not do it recently, you can do you.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/30/2017 4:45 p.m.

anaisabel said:
my advice is that you report more of the disease.The first person who has to take care of her is her and then she.If she does not do it recently, you can do you.

If you take care of eh.Echo has very controlled sugar.They congratulate you the endocrine and everything.

But well in part I wanted to write this post to tell that Tampcoo is easy to be even or family of a diabetic.

UNAI 's profile photo
UNAI
11/30/2017 5:03 p.m.

... of a person who has diabetes.Sure not!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
11/30/2017 9:02 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

dani76 said:
... of a person who has diabetes.Sure not!

As?

UNAI 's profile photo
UNAI
11/30/2017 9:05 p.m.

"But well in part I wanted to write this post to tell that Tampcoo is easy to be even or relative of a diabetic"
Surely it is not easy to be a couple or familiar, nor the one who has diabetes and I like to say .... of someone who has diabetes and not say a diabetic.
I referred to that!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
12/01/2017 3:48 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

I am with you @"dani76", it seems to say of a diabetic you make different from others, from the outset they told us that it is best to say that it is a child who has diabetes, not that it is a diabetic, imagine howThey would criticize you if a person who has cancer was told.The cancerous

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
12/01/2017 12:06 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

That always has a juice on the table

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/02/2017 6:44 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, one is interesting, your comment about the spill of emotions because of your partner's diabetes, I am a 11 -year -old angel mother and then believe that I think a lot about Angel's life when he has his family if his partner will take care of him like meI would like, first without prejudice, type 1 diabetes is not something that they have not asked for, came to them and stayed.If we love to be ... Well, we must make life easier and in this case because a help could not be bad (being pending that at night it has the right levels, diet and exercise to live healthy) your partner just like allThey have qualities and defects and for some reason you fell in love with it, it is sensitive.What I have learned that this is a day by day.And in my case I am teaching my son that his diabetes is the most important thing to handle that he depends on that he has a long life and if God allows him to be happy with whom he decides and forms family.

a hug

9406 's profile photo
12/15/2017 10:01 p.m.

Unai, I used to control the glycemias, what do I know how many times a day, at least 10 or more, before each meal, before going to the gym, when I return, and of course before sleeping, that always.Even so, a glycemia of 150 does not assure you that you cannot have a drop at four in the morning.I advise you that if you are from Spain, you ask the endocrine the free freestyle sensor.It is like a currency that is inserted into your arm and measures you glycemia at all times if you pass your mobile or reader.With the mobile program you have hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia alarms.In my case, it happens to me like your girlfriend, that I have unnoticed hypos at night, and since I have the sensor I have changed my life because when it reaches a limit that I wear, it sounds and warns me, that limit is high, in 60, and with that level I am aware and I can react and prevent it from going down more.I have had several of those scares that you comment, and my husband imagine, we have been together for many years but I put myself in his skin and I understand that he would be overwhelmed, but he never thought about leaving me for it, he only asked me to take care of me and came with me to theEndocrine, he saw that there were times that it was impossible to have everything at 100 percent controlled, but since I use the sensor, we are calm, he and me.I think that the sensor should use with alarms, it is the best, in addition to the fact that it also avoids having to click both for the capillaries but above all it is for tranquility at night.Tell him and really if he wants to have control and also for your son, I imagine that he will want, because if not, he expresses enough immaturity on the other hand, either I know where you live, if it is not Spain, you can get it but I would try from all thepossible ways.It gives you peace of mind in that sense that is not paid with anything.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/19/2020 9:30 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.