{'en': 'Have you changed needles in the health center?', 'es': '¿Os han cambiado las agujas en el centro de salud?'} Image

Have you changed needles in the health center?

nigiri's profile photo   01/26/2018 6:49 p.m.

Use of 5mm, and after clicking, when removed the ball, sometimes the needle takes a little liquid, without being loaded.Does that not come in handy and I lose some content?Or is it normal for the trend to "go" something?

Now, reading comments, the paranoia has entered me if I should change myself to the 8mm hehehe needles.

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
02/18/2018 8:04 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015 | Accu - Chek Aviva Expert | Fiasp + Toujeo

@Tyler As I said before that is what happens to me when I use the 5 mm to put on 30u, but to get up to 3 or 4 u goes well for me, everything depends on the amount of insulin you wear, if you put on 2u 2uAnd when you take the needle you get out a bit you will stay in the middle, but if you get 20U for example, it will not have so much importance that it comes out half unity.Anyway with more than 10U I prefer to use an 8 mm for what you say.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
02/18/2018 8:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!
Well, my endocrine says that it is against those of 8 for the issue of muscle and always ask for 5.
In my health center they have had to order for me XD

Ursula's profile photo
Ursula
02/18/2018 9:06 p.m.

Thank you @"Runing50", it really is that, if I do not wear many units it is important8mm ...

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
02/18/2018 11:50 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015 | Accu - Chek Aviva Expert | Fiasp + Toujeo

I have gone to collect my 3 boxes of needles and they have offered me 8 and 6. I have taken 8mm because the 6 are worse.In Madrid they continue to give us 8 mm.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/25/2018 10:53 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If the drug addresses this month have given me worse: clickfine.Do not screwnnnn
I are now given by 6, I prefer those of 5mm.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/25/2018 1:29 p.m.

I have 2 5mm drug boxes that are the ones that gave me on the last visit and are very bad, as it shows that the one that manages the purchases of needles in the hospital does not use them.My advice, change each puncture (even a pain) or every day of needle (for which it does not make it clear ...)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/25/2018 4:19 p.m.

For each puncture new needle, always or almost always;)

Anaisabel
02/25/2018 5:24 p.m.

Always new needle!!!For something that do not put problems when distributing....

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/26/2018 7:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Ruthbia" at the Health Center of Segovia Street (Madrid) no longer give 8mm say that endocrine recommends those of 5mm and that is why they no longer have them.My own nurse told me that those of 5mm before were only for children, which does not understand why this happens.The excuse they put is that the endocrine supposedly say that the 5mm generate less lipodystrophy but I told my nurse that not everyone has the same type of skin, I have been clicking for many years I will not have the same skin as a newly diagnosed, orThe skin of a child is the same as an elderly or old person ... it makes no sense.In short, the last 8mm box I had to buy, my nurse has asked for 8mm alleging what I told her so to see what tells me the next time I go.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/28/2018 8:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Equal needles for everyone, it can't be.The amount of insulin also influences.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/01/2018 2:35 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Since I entered, the 5mm.As I have a pen weight, they were totally panicked.The latter have ever given me by force because either they did not have 5 or the lady did not give it to give them (how many discussions and dislikes I have had both this as well as for the amount of reactive strips that they wanted to give me..
Last month they gave me the 8 because they had no other size, thankfully I had a box of the 5 reserve ... If someone wants her to lift her hand to that of now, because my intention is to return it butIf any of you are good for you ... Well, with pleasure :)

Caranchina's profile photo
Caranchina
03/01/2018 10:12 a.m.

Hello:

To me the ones that have given me from the beginning in the Pontones Health Center (Madrid) are the 6 mm verifine.

A droplet has ever left when I took the needle, so now I take it out which one artifies deactivating a pump.:-)

What I did not know is that they do not recipe the needles or the glucometer strips (at least, in that center).At first, I stuck a little for the amount of strips that I used per day.A boat of 50 lasted very little and seen the price they have, I asked to be prescribed to buy them, but they told me no, that they gave them to me and the truth is that the nurses of that center have always been very nice andThey have given me everything I needed.

Now with the Dexcom and if I have not had any scare, I only use the hair glucometer twice a day.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
06/13/2018 11:57 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

They are still giving me 8mm, last month of the BD brand .... Wonderful .... In these insulin 1ud needles there are 4 drops as the prospect says ...

This month they have touched me as a verifine and they are very bad.1 ud insulin are 2 drops.Some bend with just looking at them ....

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/13/2018 12:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Now they have given me again 8mm, my nurse sent a report saying just what I told her that the skin of a person who has been clicking for 30 years is not the same as the one who has been 1 nor that of a more obese personwith that of a thinner, or that of a young man with that of an old man and it seems that they bring 5mm and a few 8mm.The brand is BD, there was a time that gave another brand that I do not remember what it was but they failed more than a fair shotgun and after many claims they brought BD again.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/13/2018 4:09 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

AMI if from 8mm to 5mm BD brand because they say that 8mm produces hypo according to my nurse

Rocio36's profile photo
Rocio36
06/14/2018 1:05 p.m.

I just changed my needles !!!!
They no longer give 8mm in Madrid, maximum 6mm and the person who gives them (they are no longer nurses, but administrative personnel) that with those of 4mm is enough for everyone.Tested according to her.

Anyway, I have tried 4, 5, 6 and 8 and the best for my skin and fat are 8mm.

But I have to stay with the 6mm.I see myself buying them, 20eur/box last time.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/20/2022 12:11 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In 20 years M have changed a lot of times of brands, but of needles they give them 5 that are the ones that I like.There was a season that were 6, and I used them, but I prefer those of 5. If I wanted 8 I don't know if they would give them to me.
Anyway, as always, on each site it works differently.I don't know why you can't give them 8, I don't see the problem !!

Anaisabel
01/20/2022 1:43 p.m.

I buy them are worth € 8 on Amazon and they are from the BD brand

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/20/2022 2:36 p.m.

rogerix said:
I buy them are worth € 8 on Amazon and are from the BD brand

Can you put the link?

XMIKE's profile photo
XMIKE
01/23/2022 12:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.