{'en': 'Have you changed needles in the health center?', 'es': '¿Os han cambiado las agujas en el centro de salud?'} Image

Have you changed needles in the health center?

nigiri's profile photo   01/26/2018 6:49 p.m.

Hello,

I come from my health center (Madrid) to collect needles for feathers and what has been my surprise when they have told me that they no longer give 8mm needles because the endocrine are recommending those of 5mm because they say that with those of 8 it is almostTo the muscle and it seems to me more like so many others that are removed from the sleeve.

I understand that in newly diagnosed children or people they recommend those needles but for those who have well tanned skin, I don't see it ...

Has this happened to you in your health centers?

All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/26/2018 6:49 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Exactly the same.When I asked the nurse for a 5 mm box and another of 8, he took the two of 5 mm because, according to the last investigations, he says that those of 8 When he arrived at the muscle originates lipotrophy, when I insist I already took one of 8mm reluctantly, but come on, it is clear that they will stop giving us the 8 mm.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
01/26/2018 7:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To me for 2 years more less they changed me to those of 5mm, I do not remember the reasoning although since I saw that they were doing well I did not give too many laps.The next curiosity will ask if they have 8mm.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/26/2018 7:59 p.m.

It happens to me like Sigsauer, I've been using 5 mm for a long time.
In fact, in my last consultation, the endocrine made me recipes to give me in the pharmacy boxes of needles, and they are 5 mm.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
01/26/2018 9:25 p.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

The last visit has changed them to 6, from Verifine brand.He told me something like that is the recommendation, to which I answered, yes, of course, until these are over and bring new ones.I no longer discuss the measure ......

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
01/26/2018 10:48 p.m.

Instead of moving forward, we go back almost everything.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/27/2018 4:59 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

If they are doing well, I do the same but they seem to me needles for children more than for adults, I have not tried them yet, I will tell you, if I do not vary glucose because of the theme of absorption etc, I do not mind using 5 butIt gives me the feeling that they are very small.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/27/2018 3:47 p.m.

With the 8 mm I put the toujeo, which are 34u of a stroke and with the 5 mm the ultrarapid that I put occasionally and only 1 to 3 U. I have never liked to put on the 34u with the 5 mmBecause it is very subcutaneous and when you take the needle it seems that some liquid comes out.It seems to me that what they try to do is unify all the needles to make them cheaper, surely the next step is to also unify the brand and take off the BD and give us a mark that does not know or her father with a gift hammerIn case you don't nail the first.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
01/27/2018 5:49 p.m.

Uffff BD ..... I have not seen them in my ambulatory (Madrid) we have been insoupe3 pic years, although occasionally I change the brand, as now.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
01/27/2018 8:17 p.m.

Well, I plan to put a claim in my health center, I have opened one of the needles today and I have not tried, it is dwarf, it seems to me a shame.Some time ago they changed the brand and instead of BDs began to give some that looked like the Chinese and that failed more than a fair shotgun.Claims were put and returned to those of BD.It really what anger these things give me.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/27/2018 9:34 p.m.

Here in Asturias there have been a lot of complaints because they also changed them for others very worse..If you want the BD, you have to buy them, and they are still the best.
And the length should not be unique, it depends on the Constitution and the dose.
We have to put claims all.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/27/2018 10:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I used the 5mm and I prefer them to 6 q they give me now.They should give us to choose each one.The BD the best.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/29/2018 9:27 a.m.

In my health center, so far, they were giving us the BD 8 mm and now they have changed the brand and have also called drugs also 8 mm.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
01/29/2018 11:30 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Debut en 2002 con 23 años.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

Droilt that did not remember the brand, in my hospital the same but of 5mm that are cataloged as "low cost" needles, so it does notice that they do not use them.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/29/2018 11:49 a.m.

They give me 6mm and 8 mm according to who touches me in my center of Madrid.The 6 mm do not work well for me, it is as if insulin does not happen at all and give me high blood glucose values.Or I have very fat skin.Not everyone has it the same.
With the 6mm I make myself more bruises than with those of 8mm.
Now I have 3 8 mm boxes and great.They are "Nisu" brand, before they gave me BD.Yes indeed... they bend with their eyes..You have to be very careful.
In a month I will have to go... I will tell you.My nurse is very nice and will tell me why the Community of Madrid has changed the protocol.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/30/2018 8:24 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Ruthbia" protocol ... ??: -Ot the protocol is money, between BD and "nisu" or drugs that have given me the thousands of savings € uros will be many.-
In fact, the drugs that have given me have to make strength to insert them, it is as if the tip was square.-: D

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/30/2018 9:47 a.m.

Bad needles can be stunned, not curled well, lose insulin .., and the consequent impact on glycemia.
I prefer BD, although you have to reuse them, than others of lower quality.
They play with control, not only with needles.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/30/2018 10 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina totally agree, the BD screws until the end and have a stop from which it does not happen, the drugs of every 5, 4 needles pass from the thread and you see that when you discard 1 unit to purge they leave less drops of insulin.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/30/2018 10:04 a.m.

I have chosen to buy a box at the BD 8MM pharmacy and the next day I will return the complaint

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/03/2018 8:45 p.m.

I always give me the ones I want, and they are 8mm's BD ...

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
02/04/2018 12:34 p.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.