{'en': 'Diet.I am made a mess with what to eat ... especially with the hydrates', 'es': 'Dieta. Estoy hecho un lío con lo que comer... sobretodo con los hidratos'} Image

Diet.I am made a mess with what to eat ... especially with the hydrates

Dixon's profile photo   02/25/2018 9:42 p.m.

jpr said:
dixon said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
if you eat paella probably need two punctures, one beforeStart (waiting a little before eating) and another after a while, as at the time, why these types of foods with such fat have 2 climbs, an immediate and fast and a slow and that lasts longer in time, it extends "In Plateau ”for hours.In these cases, if you do not have a bomb, the ideal is to leave the insulin dose in 2 parts.

If it is white rice, that is, put the insulin and wait a little why the rise peak will be fast.The same with fried or cooked potatoes.

Regarding the pasta, there is everything ... I would generally tell you that with the paste in macarrones plan with a tomato, but you have to see what is good for you.I psa that I use a good rapid insulin bolus and I wait 30 minits before eating it, why it does not make me a very marked climb.This is dominated over time, with the practice and with the error trial, there is no other in diabetes.

Salad lentils that questions is a meal with very slow carbohydrates.In principle, put insulin and eat directly, but as I have told you, be careful, why you need a little less insulin than usually.I do as a legume alone, with no fast carbohydrate, low 0.15-0.2 the food ratio, that is, if I use 0.7 units per noon, I put 0.55-0,5 units per ration.This is individual and you should see exactly what you need, you can logically do it with the help of your endocrine with much more agility.

Like at the end of eating right?Distributing the 4 units that I usually put into food in 2 and 2 right?Regarding the Chinese I believe that it will rise quite rapid by the glucose that put the sauces and that.I also have to divide as you say and put 3 and 3 or something.It depends if I put noodles, chicken, etc.Like the pizzas the same I have to do the same.I will try on this trip but carefully .. What I do not know if it will be good is to divide many days the insulin in 2. But what I cannot do is stop eating pasta, cereals, potatoes and throwing only legumes for hydrates becauseI would miss many important nutrients.

Thank you very much for your real help

Let's see, my specific case in the paella is 70-30%.This means that I need 70% of the starting insulin and the remaining 30% in square at 2 hours.This is individual and is an error.With a pump it is easy to do it, since the pump only programming a dual bolus with a direct part and another in square, but with a pen ... it is something more complex and sometimes not easy to hit.

In addition, this type of food (paella) with so much fat needs one more insulin pelin due to "protein fat unit."That is, if a paella dish that you eat is 5 portions, the fat that has the dish (part of it) will also end up becoming carbohydrate, with what if you do not consider it, you will miss insulin and you will be high.You have a mobile app called “Dual Bolus” and that if you put the nutritional properties of food (hydrates, fats and protein) it tells you the total portions that you eat and it makes you a good estimate of when you need insulin (althoughIt is an app designed for pumps, you can try to attach it to pen).

Good luck and tell us!

Thank you!I normally luckily like anything else, never spend 140 at 2 hours of eating.More than anything because if I look a little high before eating (+100), then I get less hydrates instead of putting more insulin and compensate with good fats normally.I suppose that a lot of insulin is not good or does the amount do not matter?Only glucose does it matter?

I have been debuting and I have not yetMade a trap meal so I don't know when I have the first as I will control but good for a few days a year that I am not so controlled, I guess nothing happens.

Thanks again!

Dixon's profile photo
Dixon
02/26/2018 11:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Never take food off!Use more insulin if you are higher
If you need to correct a high glucose before eating you must use your sensitivity factor, which indicates what glucose lowers 1 insulin unit.If you have 150 before eating and your sensitivity factor is 50, and you want to correct to 100, add 1 more unit to the rapid insulin bolus (thus, for example, if you were going to put 3 you put 4 units and wait a little morebefore eating).

Insulin is not bad at all !!Do not be afraid to put on the one you need, sometimes it will be a lot and sometimes little, depending on the moment you are, but taking away from eating is always a bad solution.The important thing is to put the insulin that makes you good glucose, but the amount is indifferent and putting a lot will not harm you anything at all, of course not !!@dixon

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/27/2018 8:55 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

During your life with diabetes you will have enough episodes of lack of control that are not for food, so do not praise everything to that, diabetes is like that.You will find a 200 that you will not understand more than one and more than two and more than three times, other times you will see that eating the same and putting the same insulin one day you will have a postprandial hypoglycemia or postprandial hyperglycemia that you will not understand,There are times that blood glucose rises alone (the body releases hormones that upload glucose and we only calculate insulin for hydrates, not for that) ... Diabetes is also very variable, the insulin we use is not perfect either, sometimes it acts betterThat others ... There are many factors ... So the "trap meals" (what is not really like that, you just have to know how each one is absorbed) it is not the only thing that will bother you that control... try to do things always well and assume that sometimes, almost always, they will be great, others good, others regular and other evil ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/27/2018 9:02 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
During your life with diabetes you will have enough episodes of lack of control that are not for food, so do not praise everything to that, diabetes is so.You will find a 200 that you will not understand more than one and more than two and more than three times, other times you will see that eating the same and putting the same insulin one day you will have a postprandial hypoglycemia or postprandial hyperglycemia that you will not understand,There are times that blood glucose rises alone (the body releases hormones that upload glucose and we only calculate insulin for hydrates, not for that) ... Diabetes is also very variable, the insulin we use is not perfect either, sometimes it acts betterThat others ... There are many factors ... So the "trap meals" (what is not really like that, you just have to know how each one is absorbed) it is not the only thing that will bother you that control... try to do things always well and assume that sometimes, almost always, they will be great, others, others regular and other evil ...
>

I understand thank you very much.What the educator told me to click me insulin if one day after eating I am high of glucose.That if one day I take and I am at 200 that will already go down alone, but that insulin already put it and does not put more post-comidate units.Is that way?Or as by dividing, no problem in correcting yourself with a unit for example?What I have to learn is to wear the diet that they have put me well .. because yes, I have 6 rations of HC in food, but I also have 2 protein, 1 vegetable 1 or 2 fruit and 1 fat.That also raises glucose, especially fruit.So my ratio for HC does not serve much since that also influences?It is that when as like the diet, I am short of insulin even being below 100. I put my 4 units and at the time I can be in 150 and at 2 hours in 140. But if I remove the fruit I stay better.Therefore, I do not know whether to raise it one more the quick, if up the slow ... I do not know my ratio yet, which will simply be dividing HC rations between insulin units, but if we already put other foods that also affect .. I supposeThat I will have to do tests and eat only the 6 rations of HC and leave aside fruit fruit and vegetable to really know my ratio, right?Greetings, you are very kind!

Dixon's profile photo
Dixon
02/27/2018 9:29 a.m.

The fruit is carbohydrate and therefore there is adding it as rations that you eat.Protein does not only affect glucose, and less if you eat it with insulin.If, for example, you eat 6 rations of potatoes and bread and an apple you are eating 8 rations in reality why you have to count the apple, which is also carbohydrate.

Being in 140 at 3 hours to eat is fine, with those postprandials it is not necessary to raise insulin.Obviously if you do not eat the fruit you are lower, why you have eaten less carbohydrate and have put the same insulin.

Regarding 200 after eating that you comment, obviously, if you make a capillaYou get off in the next few minutes, since you will have caught the maximum food absorption peak.Now, if 200 have it 3h after eating, it would have to be corrected why you would no longer have active fast insulin that is able to lower that blood glucose.Talk to your endocrine to show you your sensitivity factor and know how to correct hyperglycemia without getting to hypoglycemia, which many people do not know.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/27/2018 9:42 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

I thank you for this information, I was also lost and reads is like vijar for a guide of very useful advice

DiabeSuarez's profile photo
DiabeSuarez
02/27/2018 10:33 a.m.

diabesuarez said:
I appreciate this information, I was also lost and reads is like traveling through a guide of very useful advice
As I don't know how to edit this here and I hope I don't bother :)
Even if it's a bit perhaps distorting, telling everyone you comment here, that you are helping much more than you think.For me all this is a new world and having so much info available here saves me a lot of doubts and time of uncertainty.Because of how useful the things you say is why I have ended up registering to participate a little more :)

DiabeSuarez's profile photo
DiabeSuarez
02/27/2018 10:35 a.m.

jpr said:
the fruit is carbohydrate and therefore there is adding it as rations that you eat.Protein does not only affect glucose, and less if you eat it with insulin.If, for example, you eat 6 rations of potatoes and bread and an apple you are eating 8 rations in reality why you have to count the apple, which is also carbohydrate.

Being in 140 at 3 hours to eat is fine, with those postprandials it is not necessary to raise insulin.Obviously if you do not eat the fruit you are lower, why you have eaten less carbohydrate and have put the same insulin.

Regarding 200 after eating that you comment, obviously, if you make a capillaYou get off in the next few minutes, since you will have caught the maximum food absorption peak.Now, if 200 have it 3h after eating, it would have to be corrected why you would no longer have active fast insulin that is able to lower that blood glucose.Talk to your endocrine to show you your sensitivity factor and know

I understand.What happens is that at me in food, I was put 1 ration of vegetables, 2 fruits, 2 protein, 1 fat and 6 flour.Come on, it would be 12 portions.If I like all that as is, and the flours for example are rice.I am high if or yes, also that I do not eat so much ... and for that I have a ride for novorapid.That is, 3 portions per unit.Then at breakfast I have 4 rations and I punctuate 3 units, snack 2 rations just as mid -morning and already dinner 10 units.Is everything very decompensated with respect to the ratio ration/insulin right?I don't understand this diet very well.That suppose, that I do the sport before eating and I will be lower or how?It is what does not fit me at all.Which is not always equitable for insulin.Thanks for the information, apart from me, I think it will come good for many people!

Dixon's profile photo
Dixon
02/27/2018 11:46 a.m.

dixon said:
jpr said:
the fruit is carbohydo and therefore there is adding it as rations that you eat.Protein does not only affect glucose, and less if you eat it with insulin.If, for example, you eat 6 rations of potatoes and bread and an apple you are eating 8 rations in reality why you have to count the apple, which is also carbohydrate.

Regarding 200 after eating that you comment, obviously, if you make a capillaYou get off in the next few minutes, since you will have caught the maximum food absorption peak.Now, if 200 have it 3h after eating, it would have to be corrected why you would no longer have active fast insulin that is able to lower that blood glucose.Talk to your endocrine to show you your sensitivity factor and know

I understand.What happens is that at me in food, I was put 1 ration of vegetables, 2 fruits, 2 protein, 1 fat and 6 flour.Come on, it would be 12 portions.If I like all that as is, and the flours for example are rice.I am high if or yes, also that I do not eat so much ... and for that I have a ride for novorapid.That is, 3 portions per unit.Then at breakfast I have 4 rations and I punctuate 3 units, snack 2 rations just as mid -morning and already dinner 10 units.Is everything very decompensated with respect to the ratio ration/insulin right?I don't understand this diet very well.That suppose, that I do the sport before eating and I will be lower or how?It is what does not fit me at all.Which is not always equitable for insulin.Thanks for the information, apart from me, I think it will come good for many people!

To put the insulin you have to count only the rations of carbohydrates (the fruit, the bread, the pasta, any bolleria type food or cookie type, the legumes, the vegetables (although here, be careful, since you should eat a lot of vegetablesTo take it into account, I never count it to put the unusline ...), also any dish with flour ..., forget about the protein , only take into account carbohydrates, sinceThe protein will not move your glycemia at all (unless you abuse it, which in most cases is not so)..

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/27/2018 noon

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
dixon said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
the fruit is carbohydrate and therefore there areadd it as rations you eat.Protein does not only affect glucose, and less if you eat it with insulin.If, for example, you eat 6 rations of potatoes and bread and an apple you are eating 8 rations in reality why you have to count the apple, which is also carbohydrate.

To put the insulin you have to count only the rations of carbohydrates (the fruit, the bread, the pasta, any bolleria type food or cookie type, the legumes, the vegetables (although here, be careful, since you should eat a lot of vegetablesTo take it into account, I never count it to put the unusline ...), also any dish with flour ..., forget about the protein , only take into account carbohydrates, sinceThe protein will not move your glycemia at all (unless you abuse it, which in most cases is not so)..

Yeah.I have it clear and I have it on a pointed paper but the educator did not tell me to tell the fruits.Only legumes, pasta, bread .. the fruits put them apart.They tell that I know.What surprises me is that.That for the food has 12 rations and for breakfast only 4. Then the infima difference of insulin of Uns food to another makes me doubt.3 insulin units for 4 rations at breakfast and 4 unitses for 12 in food

Dixon's profile photo
Dixon
02/27/2018 2:58 p.m.

In the morning the body absorbs the insulin and normal to need more insulin for less food, I need 3 units for breakfast and at food 1.5 per serving or even less.Maybe that's why they have put the same insulin at breakfast and food even if the hydrates vary.
As I told you the insulin/HC ratio, it is not always the same, one must calculate one for breakfast and another for food and dinner and if you do sports in the afternoon, maybe the dinner is also different from the food.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
02/27/2018 6:23 p.m.

In fact the ratios change much more than that, @"macarena93"., breakfast is not the same at 8 in the morning as breakfast at 10.00.If I put the breakfast bolus at 8.00 in the morning I have to use a ratio of 0.85 units per ration but at 10.00 I already need 0.65 ration units.The same goes for the afternoon, I need a very high ratio between 4:30 p.m. and 6.30 p.m. for anything like, but much less ratio from 8:00 p.m.
At breakfast (previous hours) the body releases hormones against insulinics, responsible for the phenomenon of ALBA, and carbohydrates rise a lot and very quickly almost generally.Therefore, we need more unuslin and nornalmente longer waiting time before starting to eat.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/27/2018 8:27 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Start little by little.Try first with three or four meals.Points before and after.And you are trying more when you have those controlled. Request the fried or drain them a lot. You can start the legumes with ham or fish, for example.
Breakfast and dinner a few days always the same.
You are already getting more things little by little.
Very important, sign everything and draw conclusions.,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/27/2018 10:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, there are some very complete Internet tables that you can download and tell you the glymatical levels of all food but I would not eat so much potato each body and each person I cannot give councils to anyone the integral rice isBetter and the whole bread with seeds that contain a lotSoft drinks as the bolero are very tasty and without sugar and without hydrates

Juanka72's profile photo
Juanka72
03/04/2018 12:51 p.m.

@"Dixon" you want to go very fast;)

Your body does not have the same sensitivity during all hours of the day.Each person works in a way and if you were a woman, it would have an added factor: hormones.

When we get up, many of us do not work very well, I use less units on weekends because breakfast after 10.

Like 3 rations and with 3 insulin units I go well, but if it is a leafy vegetable at 4 hours I have hypoglycemia.
This is proof and error.

Today I had 55mg/dl in mid -morning (always breakfast the same but ...) I have eaten an apple and I have gone to 169 in an hour for not putting insulin (in lunch and snackwith strawberries and nuts.Surely I do it tomorrow and I am 180 for the hormonal undercar.

@"Diabesuarez" Welcome.Ask your doubts, if we can help you.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/06/2018 12:47 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello family

I have several doubts now that I am eating for portions.

Some can explain the topic of protein fat unit, and as can be applied or calculated.

On the other hand, when it puts for example that 100gr of pear is 1 ration, is the bone or large pipes of the fruits usually include?Since in small fruits, it is sometimes 30% of the total and clear weight, several units of that fruit, as the result can differ quite a lot.

Thank you

Tiver's profile photo
Tiver
03/20/2018 7:04 p.m.

The truth is that we are always studying our body, as insulin affects a meal, and always making decisions that result in one case but for another or the same time we have to change.Ours is an elevator without stop button.

polustiano's profile photo
polustiano
05/15/2018 8:17 a.m.

DM 1 desde 2013
Lantus y Novorrapid
Aficionado al deporte

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.